AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 02:47   Link #81
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I just realize that Satoshi Hino and Rie Kugimiya are working together for this one. Well, except Rie isn't voicing a girl this time
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 03:31   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I waited and waited for the english subs...

But gave up.

Good OP and ED, story-wise it's the standard first episode like hundreds of other first episodes. Despite that nagging vibe I'm SURE that main male characters will just be really really good/close FRIENDS... >.>

lol, another J.C Staff series with Satoshi Hino and Rie Kugimiya... But with a twist!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 03:48   Link #83
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Despite that nagging vibe I'm SURE that main male characters will just be really really good/close FRIENDS... >.>
Spoiler for Manga:

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-04-12 at 11:15.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 03:54   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Spoiler:
Denial filters, here I come
Old 2008-04-09, 05:03   Link #85
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Objection!!
It should be MiharuxYoite instead!!
Miharu is clearly the uke here. Yoite obviously lacks the emotional notion to be on top.

And curses to volume 8, why is the plot moving so slow? I have been waiting for Miharu and Yoite's little elopement for long enough!! Oh well, time to pick the magazine up >.>
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 05:12   Link #86
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

Ninja anime with self-irony and, God Almighty I kid you not, artistism? Who woulda thunk? Honest to God, I never in my life expected a crossover of Honey&Clover and Naruto.

I am at this momement trying very hard to ignore all the shounen-ai comments, because personally I've gotten zero BL vibes from the episode, but it could be just me. In any case, it's always nice to be pleasantly surprised.

The plot isn't really anything incredible (fairly typical, I'd even say), but this thing could probably work on style points and character chemistry alone. We'll see.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 06:26   Link #87
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
Miharu is clearly the uke here. Yoite obviously lacks the emotional notion to be on top.
You're probably joking and all, so no offense or anything, but gah, I hate it when I meet delusional fangirls who actually mean it whenever they say such rubbish. It shows a total lack of respect for the characters, it's as if all important aspects about them gets thrown out the window and it all boils down to so-who-gets-to-be-on-top-in-bed like a bad yaoi plot, which is not why I ship them. This is why I stay as far as I can from those fangirls, because they give a bad name to the BL fandom in general.

Edit:

Quote:
Ninja anime with self-irony and, God Almighty I kid you not, artistism? Who woulda thunk? Honest to God, I never in my life expected a crossover of Honey&Clover and Naruto.
Yeah, the anime does give off that feeling, doesn't it? It's no secret that Naruto is wearing itself out, so this anime serves as a nice breath of fresh air for those who're into the ninja scene.

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-04-09 at 06:41.
Old 2008-04-09, 06:51   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post

I am at this momement trying very hard to ignore all the shounen-ai comments, because personally I've gotten zero BL vibes from the episode, but it could be just me. In any case, it's always nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Personally, I never did want to be Sensitive to these kind of things, ever. But due to Unforeseen events, I find myself with a radar... =_=

No matter, if I can survive the undertones from 'Tactics', I can do it for this show.
Old 2008-04-09, 07:23   Link #89
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Hmmmmmm.... Nabari and Soul Eater. Shonen anime of the future? It's like both took the types of premise found in Bleach and Naruto and put a unique and like others have said, 'artsy' feel to them.

Personally, I have nothing against shonen, no matter how cliche it is. I love Bleach, I love Naruto. But I have nothing but sheer anticipation for these two newcomers. Too bad they'd be decidedly shorter than Bleach/Naruto obviously, but if they can do well in their stay (makes me remember Law of Ueki which was amazing while it lasted. 51 eps).
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:02   Link #90
Ikusabe_Wataru
orooooo

Quote:
ZOMG you're kidding. Tell me more. Like now. Because coincidentally, I've just googled her to check out more of her works. XD
Well I suppose don't completely q uote me on that. XD That's what my friend told me and I just took what she said without taking in a grain of salt. 8D; (Same goes for the Hitman Reborn comment. It's just what I heard from other people)

Quote:
I agree, Raimei is freaking awesome, she's one of the few characters I'll turn gay for. I also don't mind Miharu getting together with Raimei though she seems to have more chemistry with Aizawa?
Yeah, I agree with the more chemistry w/ Aizawa part. Probably just me... but I always find it weird if the main character ends up with a girl that didn't appear at the beginning of the series ^^;

Quote:
I waited and waited for the english subs... But gave up.
Aone-Conclave are getting there =3 Quality, hopefully.

Quote:
Objection!!
It should be MiharuxYoite instead!!
Stop making other BL fangirls look bad, will ya? Save them for a BL forum or an actual post that talks about this.

Quote:
Personally, I have nothing against shonen, no matter how cliche it is. I love Bleach, I love Naruto. But I have nothing but sheer anticipation for these two newcomers. Too bad they'd be decidedly shorter than Bleach/Naruto obviously, but if they can do well in their stay (makes me remember Law of Ueki which was amazing while it lasted. 51 eps).
I rather not have a crapload of fillers for Nabari. x_x That's precisely why I did not bother with starting Bleach at all, and stopped watching Naruto after like 40 episodes.

Last edited by Ikusabe_Wataru; 2008-04-09 at 14:21.
Ikusabe_Wataru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:31   Link #91
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikusabe_Wataru View Post
I rather not have a crapload of fillers for Nabari. x_x That's precisely why I did not bother with starting Bleach at all, and stopped watching Naruto after like 40 episodes.
I agree. Unless things can remain fresh it is best to keep this a no filler zone. I have no clue what they need to cover but there is a limit to how repetitive things can get without having to resort to random enemies bosses jumping around.

And where the heck is the yaoi vibes coming from

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:32   Link #92
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Honestly I have no idea.

Yaoi vibes sprout from everywhere my friend. Even if they aren't there to begin with. -__-;;
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:46   Link #93
Ikusabe_Wataru
orooooo

... I could totally pick out and post manga pages and include brief translations where fangirls think of them as obvious shounen-ai hints, if anyone is interested...

and yeah, no yaoi vibes in ep 1.
Ikusabe_Wataru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 17:28   Link #94
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Stop making other BL fangirls look bad, will ya? Save them for a BL forum or an actual post that talks about this.
It's sadder when there's a place where it's actually normal to post stuff like this. *shudders*

Quote:
... I could totally pick out and post manga pages and include brief translations where fangirls think of them as obvious shounen-ai hints, if anyone is interested...
I don't mind. I've only stopped at chapter 38, so I'm not certain how it goes beyond that.
Old 2008-04-09, 19:07   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And where the heck is the yaoi vibes coming from
If you don't see it, don't go looking for it...

You'll live happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikusabe_Wataru View Post
Actually, that's pretty much the typical (crazy) fan for any pairing.

Straight or otherwise
Old 2008-04-09, 20:19   Link #96
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

I want to follow this but I am mildly scared that there might be BL and such x_x
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 04:36   Link #97
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
You're probably joking and all, so no offense or anything, but gah, I hate it when I meet delusional fangirls who actually mean it whenever they say such rubbish. It shows a total lack of respect for the characters, it's as if all important aspects about them gets thrown out the window and it all boils down to so-who-gets-to-be-on-top-in-bed like a bad yaoi plot, which is not why I ship them. This is why I stay as far as I can from those fangirls, because they give a bad name to the BL fandom in general.

......This responce is so... normal that I don't know what to reply now.

Though, jokes aside. I am serious about MiharuxYoite though. The other way around simply didn't fit my interpretation of Yoite's character. He is too suicidal to make things work. And I hope him stay that way. His suicidalness is what has kept his relationship with Miharu from becoming third rated shounen ai crap. If their elopment from ch.44 on do end up as Miharu's quest to light up Yoite, I am soooo going to burn all my copies of Nabari to ashes.

Oh well, for now, I can only hope peopel don't come up with AizawaxMiharu crap just because of how the VAs are set up.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Niu; 2008-04-13 at 00:14.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 06:25   Link #98
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
Though, jokes aside. I am serious about MiharuxYoite though. The other way around simply didn't fit my interpretation of Yoite's character. He is too suicidal to make things work. And I hope him stay that way.
In the interest of people who're not interested in BL at all, I've hidden the posts in spoiler form below.

Spoiler for BL stuff:

Can't wait for episode 2.

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-04-12 at 11:11.
Old 2008-04-10, 18:31   Link #99
negativeone

I saw the BL potential since i watched the trailer but i dun think it is going to have any, maybe just subtext but i srsly hope it doesnt
negativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:49   Link #100
Tworble

I didn't get a BL vibe from the Manga. (I only read up to chapter 6 though) It sort of reminds me of Tactics; close friendships between men that you can read however you like. (Okay Haruka and Kantarou ended up in bed that one time but they were clothed)
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen