AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-13, 14:31   Link #1
Freestyler

GTA San Andreas first screens

The first screenshots, released yesterday

Freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 14:41   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The downside of course... is that Rockstar is yet throwing another GTA 3 "expansion" as opposed to a completely new GTA... instead of giving us fans a "new" game... they keep pumping out these types... pretty sure that bicycles are just one of the "new" things they will market to us in the coming commercial ads... but the reality is... this is GTA 3 set in San Andreas... nothing more... anyone who wants to tell me otherwise is a fool...

I want an MMORPG GTA where I can PK and jack everyone... not some lame GTA 3 "expansion"... where I can only kill and jack the A.I. ... though... to get on topic... the screens are nice... the graphics have seem to improved on Vice City...
Old 2004-05-13, 14:42   Link #3
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Anybody know who the protagonist is? Is it that girl you see on the main website? That'd be a nice change ^_^
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 15:06   Link #4
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

If they put a huge earthquake somewhere in there, then I am so there.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 20:43   Link #5
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
Anybody know who the protagonist is? Is it that girl you see on the main website? That'd be a nice change ^_^
I hope its a girl, or you have the option to be one. Imagine mowing down people in a family van, I could be like a deranged soccer mom . Oooh picking up a hooker as a female would be fun too. Hmm all the violence just seems better to me if playing as a female .

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 00:35   Link #6
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Now that's wat im talking about!!!... real pics... I cant wait to BUY it...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 08:31   Link #7
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
More pics

silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 09:14   Link #8
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Whoa!!! nice... nice to become a criminal... hehehe...
Old 2004-05-14, 09:39   Link #9
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

It appears that you will play as a gangbanger of sorts. This should be an interesting dynamic. As a black male I may actually feel a little guilty for the first time while playing this series. I think gangbangers are some of the stupidest and disgusting beings alive. I know that may reek of hypocrisy after playing (and having no problem playing) an Italian drug dealer and the white guy from GTA3 but it will still feel a little weird.
Old 2004-05-14, 14:06   Link #10
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar
It appears that you will play as a gangbanger of sorts. This should be an interesting dynamic. As a black male I may actually feel a little guilty for the first time while playing this series. I think gangbangers are some of the stupidest and disgusting beings alive. I know that may reek of hypocrisy after playing (and having no problem playing) an Italian drug dealer and the white guy from GTA3 but it will still feel a little weird.
straight up.. since the marketing campaigns these days tend to go for "urban" related stuff due to the huge popularity of hip pop and hip pop culture in general... gangbangers have been glorified in a lot of music videos... and for some reason, the fad is still popular with the youth... it's only expected that Rockstar try to capitalize on it... everyone else does and they are making lots off of it... for example, True Crime and NBA Ballers (eww!)...
Old 2004-05-14, 15:13   Link #11
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
I just hope they didn't go so low as to putting Snoop Dogg in the game in order to increase sales *cough* True Crime *cough*.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 02:19   Link #12
Sid_Burn
Banned

Well... this is the plot clues about GTA:San Andreas... It seems they wont be using Tommy Vercetti anymore...

>Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas...a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers.

Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighbourhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.

P.S. Wat a touching plot... I hope the missions this time... will have more meaning... than just slaughtering people...
Old 2004-05-15, 12:22   Link #13
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Well... this is the plot clues about GTA:San Andreas... It seems they wont be using Tommy Vercetti anymore...

>Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas...a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers.

Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighbourhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.

P.S. Wat a touching plot... I hope the missions this time... will have more meaning... than just slaughtering people...
In 3 you were a criminal but at least you had a little justifiable revenge thing going on.
In Vice City, Vercetti was just a psycho. Yeah, you got double crossed a couple of times but you were still a psycho.
Why the innocent man forced into a life of crime scenario for this one? I admitted I was being a little hypocritical in my apprehension to this game. Perhaps Rockstar is being a little hypocritical as well.
Old 2004-05-15, 20:03   Link #14
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Why the innocent man forced into a life of crime scenario for this one? I admitted I was being a little hypocritical in my apprehension to this game. Perhaps Rockstar is being a little hypocritical as well.
Hmmm... maybe you're right... maybe you're wrong..., let's just see wen the game comes out in 2004... maybe...
Old 2004-05-15, 20:25   Link #15
MJS
Clone

forget San Andreas.. you can have Lego City!

http://www.brickflick.com/index.php?page=gtalc
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 02:29   Link #16
Sid_Burn
Banned

hahahaha! nice... damn its only in PS2... I hope there will be a PC version also...
Old 2004-05-17, 22:36   Link #17
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
hahahaha! nice... damn its only in PS2... I hope there will be a PC version also...
Of course there will, its always 'late' to come out, anyway gta was born on PC it shall die there aswell.

Man I still wished it was a girl, it would have been a welcomed change.......no one would suspect a girl ^_^
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 16:42   Link #18
Bi0spark

Talking Thanks for the advertising MJS

Hey guys go to brickflick.com and check out the cool video made by my cousin and two other cool guys. I highly suggest to watch this video and stay tuned for other lego videos that they will make!!!
Bi0spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 17:02   Link #19
XenWarrior

Gah, ANOTHER one? Am I the only one who got bored of GTA3 in less than a week? VC was more of the same, and this seems to be also. Oh well, maybe it might be different, I can't judge it until I play it.
XenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 18:34   Link #20
Tritium
doaho...

i was bored with it in 2 days... all the missions are the same *yawn* i'll hope this update gets any better
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote