AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-26, 12:36   Link #2021
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
I preferred the old way, since having a set make you stand out from the rest and said "Look, this player has some phat lewt!" It would be okay, since tiers are still different, but wait... No they aren't: several NPCs are carrying some of the best gear in the game!
Which is why blizzard must be reading this and banging their heads to their desks grumbling. "I guess we can't please everyone."

Quote:
And damn that irks me. It takes away the value from the gear when some lv.75 trash-mob is carrying the same items as you. RP-wise that would mean that the NPC has been there, seen that, and done better than you. A lv.75 trash-mob that does nothing but walk around in a city or rez players in a graveyard.
The wha? RP-wise you shouldn't even be saying "I found this of enemy X" since that implies it to be a unique item, which obviously, seeing the high amount of people wearing the same, it isn't.

No, these items are great armors forged for great heroes. Of course notable NPC's would wear them. Did you really expect Fordring to walk around in Imperial Plate? Seriously, that would just destroy his hero image. He needs to walk around in armor that makes people go 'whoa! He's wearing that?"
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 13:25   Link #2022
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
lol, and BE females are any better? I feel like I would cause a fire if i had sex with one of them....
Your own opinion I suppose

@Keroko:
RP-wise is always a tricky thing.

Wrathgate anyone?
Old 2008-12-26, 17:20   Link #2023
Ending

Quote:
Which is why blizzard must be reading this and banging their heads to their desks grumbling. "I guess we can't please everyone."
Of course not. They got millions of users, so naturally the tastes go from side to side. Besides, the complaints were not directly aimed at the models, but their colours. I agree that it looked silly to have a red tunic, green pants, and blue hat, but at least there was diversity with the models.

What they should have done was to give players the option to choose the colour of their gear in a similar way it has been done in Guild Wars. I.e: allow people to dye the basic models. What Blizzard did, instead, was to cut down the number of models to save a few bucks and say "Oh, well, can't please everyone!"

Quote:
No, these items are great armors forged for great heroes. Of course notable NPC's would wear them.
Yes. Notable characters. Not lv.75 trash mobs that have neither name or place in lore. E.g: PvP spirit healers that wear full priest tier-7, which players can acquire only by raiding extensively for months.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 18:08   Link #2024
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In the case of the poachers in the Tundra...I think they are suppose to look well geared as a tougue in check statement about the players themselves and their quest for more loot (you even herar them going on about just one more hide and they can get a new silver-plated shotgun and the like...much like the players would have done in Nagrand and possibly later in the Basin).

And what is to stop a level 75 trash mob from wearing level 70 epic armor? Maybe he did a run through the Black Temple before his player quit WoW and left him to fend for himself, being recast as an extra...talk about a long fall from grace.
Old 2008-12-27, 04:43   Link #2025
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
The what?
Explain nao.
Snowblind the white-haired Human Female (is someone's actual toon, don't know who or what server). Famed for her promiscuity and her daring acts, which include:

- 'Inspection' of Female Night Elves
- Teaming up with a Female Draenei to help a Female Night Elf climax. Apparently Night Elf Females taste nice and cool.
- The ultimate horse service. For a few extra gold, Snowblind washes your horse naked. This is why you never spend all your gold on weapons, armor and mounts. Save some for food or you'll end up having to emulate Snowblind. ^^
- Revenge on the Blood Elf Rogue who hurt her. Snowblind shows how to properly 'backstab' someone. She also learns that Blood Elf Females taste hot and spicy.
- The Night Elf Fertility Dance

As for the threesome, a Snowblind-like Human Female lets a Night Elf Female be on top. Then enters the 'Jewelcrafting' Female Draenei. I.e. She crafted the 'crown jewels'. I guess this is why Draenei are experts at Jewelcrafting. ^^

And for the record, there's no way in hell I'd ever want to flock a Female Blood Elf. Those creepy glowing green eyes (this from someone that normally likes green above all colours), as well as seeing what those birds do to Mana Wyrms. Imagine what they do to real people!

As for the other discussion going, I'm fine with the current sets. The Frostfire set is the first set I've really wanted to wear. I like the colours. I also like my Blameaux robes - festy enough for battle yet classy enough for a formal occassion.
Old 2008-12-27, 08:00   Link #2026
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Of course not. They got millions of users, so naturally the tastes go from side to side. Besides, the complaints were not directly aimed at the models, but their colours. I agree that it looked silly to have a red tunic, green pants, and blue hat, but at least there was diversity with the models.
Most of the complaints I read was about either. And if that's the complaint, Blizzard complied with your wishes just fine, as I've come across at least 3 different plate shoulders and helms as far as I can remember during leveling. The variation is there, but the colors keep them looking like a set.

Quote:
What they should have done was to give players the option to choose the colour of their gear in a similar way it has been done in Guild Wars. I.e: allow people to dye the basic models. What Blizzard did, instead, was to cut down the number of models to save a few bucks and say "Oh, well, can't please everyone!"
And as I said, 'saving a few bucks' was not the intent. That is just what the paranoia-speakers make of it. Had Blizzard really wanted to 'save a few bucks' they would have just re-used the old pre-BC armor models to begin with, and loop us back to Imperial Plate and the like and say 'well, you're in Azeroth again, what did you expect?'

Quote:
Yes. Notable characters. Not lv.75 trash mobs that have neither name or place in lore. E.g: PvP spirit healers that wear full priest tier-7, which players can acquire only by raiding extensively for months.
Actually, the Spirit Healers have an excuse. They have to rez a large group of players, with full health and mana, every 30 seconds. They need tier 7. But if you're seriously looking at the Spirit Healers while RP-ing, you're already failing as an RP-er anyway, since BG spirit healers don't exist in RP. And who the heck notices, or even cares, that they have T7 anyway. <_< They're just Spirit Healers! They don't even have a place in the game other then being a convenient rez in BG.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-12-27 at 12:05.
Old 2008-12-27, 09:57   Link #2027
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Isn't RP fail to begin with? I don't know a single person that is into RP.
Old 2008-12-27, 10:32   Link #2028
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*raises hand* Now you do.
Old 2008-12-27, 11:32   Link #2029
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I've been accomplishing so much in the game lately. My daily routine consists of logging in, heading out to the wondervolt machine outside Ironforge to get turned into a gnome, then going back inside and feigning death in random funny positions and locations, such as on the mailbox or between two people having a conversation. Slightly disturbed at the number of people who decide to violate my character's "corpse" though. I guess some people really like gnomes...

I've also done a bit of rp in my day, here's a screen.

Spoiler for best rp ever:
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 11:40   Link #2030
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It may not really be RP, but it sure as hell is funny.

I can't help but find it funny every time someone who plays an mmorpg says rp is fail.

As for me, since I'm currently on a normal realm, I don't rp that much, but sometimes you find a group that feels like 'playing along' I have standard macros on some of my skills to spice up things during a battle, like when I summon a Ghoul Kharan always says "Rise, my minion! Rise and serve your master!"

It feels great, and sometimes I even get whispers about it. Some are the standard 'nerd!' or 'lol! relol RP n00b!' but I also get whispers of people saying it's fun to be in a party with me because things happen outside of what usually does in an instance.
Old 2008-12-27, 13:23   Link #2031
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
On a random note, check out the new machinima video on mmo-champion. Very, very well done.
Old 2008-12-27, 14:47   Link #2032
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Amazingly well done. If I were blizzard, I'd take a few pointers in that for their own cutscenes.
Old 2008-12-28, 03:13   Link #2033
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

My gnome has been hit on by pedophiles, raped while alive and dead, gang-banged, felt up, etc...Gnomes are supposedly the most hated race. I don't care. I get a lot of compliments on mine despite getting a lot of sick behaviour towards it.

I hate RP because it's a pre-req for playing on Blackrock. Blame Argent Dawn.
Old 2008-12-28, 08:15   Link #2034
Ending

Quote:
I can't help but find it funny every time someone who plays an mmorpg says rp is fail.
Bad RP is fail, but there is a place for such a thing as "casual RP", which is about giving a natural response to a in-game event instead of just skipping the story and moving on. Most people are actually doing it naturally when it comes to loot

It also gives a justification as to why GY camping and repeated ganking are bad taste.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 20:48   Link #2035
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Snowblind the white-haired Human Female (is someone's actual toon, don't know who or what server). Famed for her promiscuity and her daring acts, which include:

- 'Inspection' of Female Night Elves
- Teaming up with a Female Draenei to help a Female Night Elf climax. Apparently Night Elf Females taste nice and cool.
- The ultimate horse service. For a few extra gold, Snowblind washes your horse naked. This is why you never spend all your gold on weapons, armor and mounts. Save some for food or you'll end up having to emulate Snowblind. ^^
- Revenge on the Blood Elf Rogue who hurt her. Snowblind shows how to properly 'backstab' someone. She also learns that Blood Elf Females taste hot and spicy.
- The Night Elf Fertility Dance

As for the threesome, a Snowblind-like Human Female lets a Night Elf Female be on top. Then enters the 'Jewelcrafting' Female Draenei. I.e. She crafted the 'crown jewels'. I guess this is why Draenei are experts at Jewelcrafting. ^^

And for the record, there's no way in hell I'd ever want to flock a Female Blood Elf. Those creepy glowing green eyes (this from someone that normally likes green above all colours), as well as seeing what those birds do to Mana Wyrms. Imagine what they do to real people!

As for the other discussion going, I'm fine with the current sets. The Frostfire set is the first set I've really wanted to wear. I like the colours. I also like my Blameaux robes - festy enough for battle yet classy enough for a formal occassion.
Oh.
HER now I know who you mean... And I think that thereesome wasn't a Draenei female. At least in the image I'm thinking of because that was before TBC so Draenei weren't out yet.

And RP is teh awesome
Ok not 'teh awesome' but it's probably the only thing that stops me from strangling myself to death when I get bored of questing.

Oh wait you can't ever find RP now in the streets because people don't ever READ server types anymore...
Old 2008-12-28, 21:27   Link #2036
5dun

I believe this is the first time Blizzard has released a second expansion on a particular game.
5dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 18:32   Link #2037
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Oh.
HER now I know who you mean... And I think that thereesome wasn't a Draenei female. At least in the image I'm thinking of because that was before TBC so Draenei weren't out yet.

And RP is teh awesome
Ok not 'teh awesome' but it's probably the only thing that stops me from strangling myself to death when I get bored of questing.

Oh wait you can't ever find RP now in the streets because people don't ever READ server types anymore...
lol, Cybering is still Cybering It makes me sick to my stomack to see people need to have nude mods or cyber or Pretend to be a Lesbian(and yes there are) to stay interested in the game. like FFXI for instance -
Old 2008-12-29, 20:21   Link #2038
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Snowblind wasn't in-game. It's fanart. But yeah, anyone using mods for that kind of stuff...ick. Still, a lot of male players find the need to tea-bag any female they kill. -_-
Old 2008-12-29, 20:36   Link #2039
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I think I have heard of this Snowblind person.. but a loooooooong time ago. I like good fanart, but some of the stuff floating around makes the mind boggle. Anyway yeah, I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

Quote:
a lot of male players find the need to tea-bag any female they kill
Our guild doesn't have any gender bias for t-bagging... you die in a raid (or instance), you'll pretty much find someone sitting on your face while waiting for a rez ribbing the hell out of you. There is usually much payback to be had. Truly a vicious cycle.
Old 2008-12-30, 00:41   Link #2040
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
lol, Cybering is still Cybering It makes me sick to my stomack to see people need to have nude mods or cyber or Pretend to be a Lesbian(and yes there are) to stay interested in the game. like FFXI for instance -
Some prefer to call it ERP (Erotic Roleplay) which would just be a more adult version of RPing... I think almost anyone calls it cybering despite cybering being the BAD thing...

And you're one of harsh opinions and judgements

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows