AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 09:39   Link #17681
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Oh shi-! That would be awesome. Mikoto the Thunder Knight!
I was thinking something along the lines of... Have you seen Soul Eater?

EDIT: Well regardless, exploiting her Iron Sand technique is the key, I'm thinking it could serve as offence and defence. The protection part is obvious as well as some strength assisted by electromagnetism, offence-wise it could give her some Chained Railgun Hell or an 'Earth Blade'...

...I don't want to get carried away but you get the idea.

EDIT (2):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Is it okay to use Maria as an example? I was surprised at how skilled she was despite her low level, but she isn't calling herself a genius for nothing. She's a real exception.
...Do you know how many geniuses there are in Academy City ?

Almost as many as the idiots !

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
XD ... sorry, I'll refrain from laughing
But there really is not alot of middle-level guys
Old 2012-03-23, 09:52   Link #17682
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

One week ago I would have said that, "you're wrong Haruhi is a God-broke Tier here" but after reading the theory of the holistic espers, the universe buster-class suddenly look pretty "average" in the Toaru standard

What...no one's even near universe killer here....Highest so far, Aiwass....is kinda vague. Even Fiamma at his highest was just a planet killer.

Universal esper theory is currently just a theory.
Old 2012-03-23, 09:57   Link #17683
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Thou Shalt Not Kill: The bane of badass superheroes everywhere.
Even Touma wanted to kill Terra when his little secret was discovered and also that terrorist from vol.17 .
Old 2012-03-23, 10:06   Link #17684
tsunade666

Touma wanted to KILL Terra but Terra escaped. While Touma beats the living day light out of that terrorist which he wouldn't spare for hurting Index if not Styl interfere. That terrorist should thank Styl for saving him a painful death.
Old 2012-03-23, 10:09   Link #17685
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
if someone like mikoto (who's academy city's 3rd strongest esper already) can't keep up with this guys, you'll be hard pressed to find someone else who can (unless they're kiharas or something).
I wouldn't be suprised if a Kihara was the developers of her powers .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Touma wanted to KILL Terra but Terra escaped. While Touma beats the living day light out of that terrorist which he wouldn't spare for hurting Index if not Styl interfere. That terrorist should thank Styl for saving him a painful death.
I wanted Touma to kill for first time even if it was accidental .

EDIT:
Quote:
Did I miss something? I thought the sample was ... him
Othinus said "The sample sleeps within the Windowless Building"and for Aleister 'sleep' is the action that he never would do now that his plans met some problems since the end of the war. It must be something/someone else.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-03-23 at 10:21.
Old 2012-03-23, 10:22   Link #17686
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I wanted Touma to kill for first time even if it was accidental .
Erm. No. Touma never aimed to kill either of them, he just feel that "punching them once" into submission wasn't enough. Wanting to beating the crap of someone doesn't mean that you want them dead, Touma has never, ever "wanted" to kill someone. Moral wise those are very, very different mindsets, in a sense Kamijou is "clean", which actually helps with his hero status.

The only time where he did something "kinda dark" was when he tried to kill Aureolus Dummy using his own Limen Magna to strangle him (volume 2, chapter 2, part 8). And then, he didn't had a normal attitude of "getting angry", he was almost subconsciously moving in order to take revenge on the people that was murdered in front of his eyes without any feelings; but as soon as he "thought" about it he managed to stop himself. The narration even went out of their way to tell us that Touma can't possibly think of killing another human, regardless on how un-human they might be.
Old 2012-03-23, 10:22   Link #17687
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Touma wanted to KILL Terra but Terra escaped..
What....no....He was actually concerned when Terra seemingly got nuked into oblivion by the Academy airstrikes
Old 2012-03-23, 10:33   Link #17688
Miraluka
Banned

I don't think so when Terra's had the chance to destroy his life by exposing his secret to certain person he didn't mind his secret being known by Mikoto as long as Index didn't know about it. I think he would chase Terra but he got aparently killed by the bombers and their earth blade, anyone else who read that part assumed he would be dead with that, it was Acqua who killed him at the end though .

And, yes, to kill he doesn't needs to be 'dark' he just needs the urge to do so and that would be enough, just like one can kill in defense of other (thats why I used vol.17 incident).
Old 2012-03-23, 10:51   Link #17689
tsunade666

well the bombers with their earth blade attack Terra but in a way he still manage to escape that onslaught to get slaughtered by Aqua.
Old 2012-03-23, 11:11   Link #17690
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I don't think so when Terra's had the chance to destroy his life by exposing his secret to certain person he didn't mind his secret being known by Mikoto as long as Index didn't know about it.
Still didn't look like he was going to kill....unless I'm misunderstanding your words
Old 2012-03-23, 12:27   Link #17691
Acer
Death to the infidels!

This conversation reminds me that in the vol 18 Carissa is right on the head by a shot of a magical fortress that I forgot the name, remember that almost Touma was toward her, but then he remembered that it was wrong to worry about the enemy and then said something like, "Well, it was effective."

Well, being the Touma, if the day we see killing someone, or why this is going to be unhappy that he killed someone gost much like the index, or why he is going into a situation that there is no choice.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:41   Link #17692
cleed

Do you guys really think that Crowley is truly GREMLIN's target?

And the thing about Mikoto and power ups what make you think she not holding a whole lot back? what about how she feels about hurting her enemies.
Old 2012-03-23, 13:01   Link #17693
tsunade666

^ Because Crowley never sleeps or at least his current state won't allow it plus knowing Kamachi's work he will bring another new character by next volume and probably that will explain a bit about Crowley.

Then Mikoto...... she's not holding back a lot and that's all she can get with parameter list and please lets not go back to another Mikoto debate.

Touma, even with the choice of one must die and the other must live. Why can I always believe that Touma will always save both. He will save both and he will receive bad luck and screams at the end "such misfortune"

The hero that Kamachi envisioned is a hero that won't falter and won't kill anyone and will save everyone he judge everyone in his own standards and even if others will see it as a selfish behavior or an act of stupidity for doing something reckless and unheard of but that hero won't falter and will continue to move on. The HERO will save the world, everyone's world.
Old 2012-03-23, 14:49   Link #17694
judasmartel
*Author

The ideal hero, huh? Haven't seen one in ages (well, at least until Gurren Lagann). Now I know why he's called the TouMAN.
Old 2012-03-23, 15:02   Link #17695
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And with those, the Science Side is now the strongest faction around and looks set to usher in the Horus Age and crush the Magic Side...
Those Science Side bastards will be the ones that are crushed!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-03-23, 15:59   Link #17696
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Lina inverse is my ideal anti-hero :P, Touma is a poor fill in for hero.

Honestly I think people understimating how much of a key player Misaki can be, then again I feer is they come up with Mental Out Five Over, or Mugino Five Over model.

At this point I am more intested to know what they old school magic side is planning (And Laura), I guess Etzali go back to fix all the problems of his cabala, also how things are going I guess Alister plan can get so derailed that he would go "fuck it" and blast all of them to start over.
Old 2012-03-23, 16:04   Link #17697
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Those Science Side bastards will be the ones that are crushed!
Don't be silly Kenju. Both the Magic side and the Science side are going to be smashed by the Kamijou Faction.

Quote:
Honestly I think people understimating how much of a key player Misaki can be, then again I feer is they come up with Mental Out Five Over, or Mugino Five Over model.
Well, from what Ransuu said, it seems there is a Mental Out Five_Over, or at least theories behind one are in development.
Old 2012-03-23, 16:06   Link #17698
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

True, but Magic Side will crush the Science Side first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Lina inverse is my ideal anti-hero :P, Touma is a poor fill in for hero.
You should know Xeloss-san,
Touma is the god of heroes :P
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-03-23, 16:08   Link #17699
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Good that Lina have "God slayer" spell then.

In all honestly I can't tell but I feel both magic and science side and just waiting for their opportunity.
Old 2012-03-23, 16:29   Link #17700
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ she still draws her some of her powers from a god though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
What...no one's even near universe killer here....Highest so far, Aiwass....is kinda vague. Even Fiamma at his highest was just a planet killer.

Universal esper theory is currently just a theory.
Exactly the point, 'cause when it'll cease to be a mere theory both PSD Fiamma and Othinus will certainly be classed above that thanks to their respective ability so is Aleister and "the invisible thing" because of their "as long as Fiamma is from the Aeon of Osiris, we're still above him" ... even if they aren't necessarily universe+ after that, they are still crazily super broken ... and god knows where's the limit of Aiwass' "above everyone else" in this series
Please don't blame me, I'm just considering all the possibilities, just a few years ago I was well shocked enough after figuring that an almost joke character blond loli plays on the same ground as Kami Tenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was thinking something along the lines of... Have you seen Soul Eater?
But there really is not alot of middle-level guys
Good point xD ... crap I laughed

Quote:
Othinus said "The sample sleeps within the Windowless Building"and for Aleister 'sleep' is the action that he never would do now that his plans met some problems since the end of the war. It must be something/someone else.
*takes notes* ouah, thanks

Quote:
^ Because Crowley never sleeps or at least his current state won't allow it plus knowing Kamachi's work he will bring another new character by next volume and probably that will explain a bit about Crowley.
It's high time after 20 volumes of mind raping about that >.>

Last edited by desrtsku; 2012-03-23 at 16:30. Reason: good > god
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen