AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 18:38   Link #901
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I've read that tier 4 is the major first grind, and I chose the worst tank, T-50, in the U.S.S.R. tree.
All the upgrades combine for 18100 experience, but to unlock T-50-2 62500 exp is required. The VK2801 in the German tree requires 52100, 10400 experience less. Did they scale it wrong?
You actually have to consider all the experience leading up to Tier 4. That being said, I know I did not research all the modules for my Tier 4 and went straight to the upgrade required for my Tier 5. Now, a T-50 is absolutely better than a 38na due to the matchmaking process. In a 38na, you will consistently fight against Tier 9 enemies. If you really want to feel absolutely worthless, try the 38na

You in the NA server?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 19:27   Link #902
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
T-50, VK1602, and M5 are considered "scouts," and have different exp requirements, as well as matchmaking. I highly recommend not going down the T-50, VK1602 lines as your first tree.
The matchmaking is a bit crazy, I noticed how I sometimes got matches up to tier 9, when my 57mm cannon could barely damage tier 6 tanks. Thanks for the advice.

I'll probably go the KV-1 line, it offers quite a few options as it goes down, first to IS-7. From what I read, accuracy and aiming time seems to be rather long, Rammer and Vertical Stabilizer are a must I guess?
Old 2012-12-21, 19:44   Link #903
Tak

Quote:
I'll probably go the KV-1 line, it offers quite a few options as it goes down, first to IS-7. From what I read, accuracy and aiming time seems to be rather long, Rammer and Vertical Stabilizer are a must I guess?
Russian tanks are known for bad accuracy and longer reloading time, but they do have the firepower to compensate whatever shortcomings they suffer. That being said, I'd go with a vent over stabilizer first, with the third accessory being something of a free-for-all.

Playing the KV-1 is going to be very different from everything you experienced so far. For starters, the tank is notoriously sluggish... so bad I cringed at one point

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-21, 19:55   Link #904
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Russian tanks are known for bad accuracy and longer reloading time, but they do have the firepower to compensate whatever shortcomings they suffer. That being said, I'd go with a vent over stabilizer first, with the third accessory being something of a free-for-all.

Playing the KV-1 is going to be very different from everything you experienced so far. For starters, the tank is notoriously sluggish... so bad I cringed at one point

- Tak
I'm playing on EU server.

I usually play T-50 and race through the map with 60 km/h, but I'm also used to the Hetzer with its 30 km/h.
The stock Hetzer was like 10 km/h, how is the stock KV-1?
Old 2012-12-21, 19:58   Link #905
Tak

Quote:
I'm playing on EU server.

I usually play T-50 and race through the map with 60 km/h, but I'm also used to the Hetzer with its 30 km/h.
The stock Hetzer was like 10 km/h, how is the stock KV-1?
The top speed doesn't change, its the acceleration. Of course, depending on the terrain, speed could differ if you have a weaker engine. The KV-1 on stock is pretty bad. Once you upgrade your engine, there will be a noted improvement, but its not a significant change. There was a time when I had my KV-1 climb uphills, I almost had the urge to go through the screen just to help pushing it

But, the KV-1 is a heavy hitter, right in the front to brawl with others at close range and absorb ridiculous damages from anything V & below. Just don't think you can take it to face Tier 6 & above though.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-12-21 at 20:34.
Old 2012-12-21, 20:38   Link #906
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
The matchmaking is a bit crazy, I noticed how I sometimes got matches up to tier 9, when my 57mm cannon could barely damage tier 6 tanks. Thanks for the advice.

T-50 is a "scout" therefore your primary purpose is to provide eyes for your team. Light the enemy up, STAY ALIVE, and you don't need to use your gun. You get half of the experience and money of all the damage caused by allies against enemies you keep spotted.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 20:40   Link #907
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
T-50 is a "scout" therefore your primary purpose is to provide eyes for your team. Light the enemy up, STAY ALIVE, and you don't need to use your gun. You get half of the experience and money of all the damage caused by allies against enemies you keep spotted.
Yeah, my advice for T4 "scouts" that I wish someone had told me previously.. is if you have one already or have extra cash lying around, get a telescope. Find a good camo location near the middle of the map and enjoy the "spot" XP..
Old 2012-12-21, 20:50   Link #908
Mow Yun

Don't forget the camo net as well!
Old 2012-12-21, 21:38   Link #909
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
That's what I do, but sometimes I find isolated enemy tanks, no friendlies nearby, and circle around to stay clear of shots while shooting myself. It's just frustrating to hear 'We just ding'd them' and 'It didn't penetrate their armour' while wasting ten or more shots.
Unless they're SPG or TD (from the back), T-50 simply lacks the ability to deal any (significant) damage to other tanks tier 6 or higher.
Though at least it annoys the other player.
Old 2012-12-21, 21:42   Link #910
Mow Yun

Yes, that's annoying. But remember you need to aim even in the rear. Almost every tank (not German ones) at tier 10 is still vulnerable when you're directly lined up in the rear. The Americans have only 38mm on the back, and the French have like 30mm.
Old 2012-12-21, 22:06   Link #911
Tak

I hit another one!!

Spoiler for Sorry Sheriff:

- Tak

Old 2012-12-21, 22:50   Link #912
LeoXiao
思想工作

I got my King Tiger! Haven't played it yet because it's stock and I don't have enough cash to get the necessary engine. I hope it is good.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 22:54   Link #913
Tak

It is good! It is very very agile, in fact, more so than the Tiger and at about the same speed. I am pleasantly surprised!!

- Tak

Old 2012-12-22, 02:06   Link #914
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I dunno, nothing beats the match we had earlier, where we had a KV-5 that was camping on the lower left hand corner of Erlenberg for the WHOLE match, was the only tank left on our side... then managed to take out all seven of the remaining tanks on the enemy side and secure us a win. o_o
Old 2012-12-22, 02:08   Link #915
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I dunno, nothing beats the match we had earlier, where we had a KV-5 that was camping on the lower left hand corner of Erlenberg for the WHOLE match, was the only tank left on our side... then managed to take out all seven of the remaining tanks on the enemy side and secure us a win. o_o
You know, that EXACT thing happened to me, except I was on the enemy team and THEIR KV5 killed all of the rest of us.
Old 2012-12-22, 02:19   Link #916
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
You know, that EXACT thing happened to me, except I was on the enemy team and THEIR KV5 killed all of the rest of us.
Haha, I still have a screenshot of the match. Doesn't look like you were on the enemy team though!
Old 2012-12-22, 02:28   Link #917
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Haha, I still have a screenshot of the match. Doesn't look like you were on the enemy team though!
It was on a now-deleted map (Swamps) and happened over a year ago.
Old 2012-12-22, 02:34   Link #918
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Some of you here have seen me demonstrate the "sidescraper" armour angling technique before. Have a look at this.

Churchill LL at Fisherman's Bay.

Fast forward to when the clock ticks down to 13:50 or so, and see for yourself the true potential of the "sidescrape" maneuver.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 02:38   Link #919
Gravitas Free Zone

Sigh. I spent most of the night on teams with heavies that refused to take the initiative, meaning that those of us in mediums would end up dead on the front lines while they grouped up in a corner and thought about their lives.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 10:51   Link #920
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So got myself a VK 3001 DB now... Kind of not used to the change in gameplay that one has to undergo while using it though. Honestly, I'm not very comfortable with coming in close to higher-tier tanks, ESPECIALLY since my connection is lag prone, and I've experienced one-too-many lag spikes as I try to outflank an enemy.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks