Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-08-19, 06:42   Link #1
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

wassup with my browser

ok i use IE and firefox,heres the prob

1) when i visit some forums ,it loads normally and everything appear but when i try scrolling down [or press page down] ,the page lags and slowly move to the bottom.It didnt happen in the past ,dunno why recently like that .

2)

ok so i was trying to make a blog frmo the blogger.com,and i wanna change the template.The box [where it allows u to pick a template] appeared much smaller than it should be,the scrolling bar at the side appeared very short. I only can see 1 thin line of image but i can still pick a template normally *if u wan a screenshot let me know*

so any solution for these 2 problems? is java the cause of this crap?
Old 2009-08-19, 09:03   Link #2
toru310

For number 1: Maybe you should clear some cookies?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 09:03   Link #3
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Hmm, you might need to clarify some more things :
- What's your exact browser version (get it from Help > About) ?
- What's your operating system?
- Some hardware specs (CPU/RAM), are you viewing a flash site with a 386 ?
- URL of the problematic site.
- Does it happens both in IE & Firefox?

Indeed, an embedded java applet is a real resource hog that will slow down your browser greatly (at least at startup), altough there's also many thing that can slow down your browser (flash, bad javascript, etc).

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 09:35   Link #4
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furuno View Post
Hmm, you might need to clarify some more things :
- What's your exact browser version (get it from Help > About) ?
- What's your operating system?
- Some hardware specs (CPU/RAM), are you viewing a flash site with a 386 ?
- URL of the problematic site.
- Does it happens both in IE & Firefox?

Indeed, an embedded java applet is a real resource hog that will slow down your browser greatly (at least at startup), altough there's also many thing that can slow down your browser (flash, bad javascript, etc).

i have the latest version of IE and fox,i am using window XP.Do you have sites where can boost the performance for the browsers?
Old 2009-08-19, 11:52   Link #5
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
ok i use IE and firefox,heres the prob
Wait.
What happens on what? Are there issues exclusive to one browser or the other or do they happen to both regardless?
Quote:
1) when i visit some forums ,it loads normally and everything appear but when i try scrolling down [or press page down] ,the page lags and slowly move to the bottom.It didnt happen in the past ,dunno why recently like that .
Try checking the 'smooth scrolling' option in or out and see if anything changes. Could be a bug, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furuno View Post
Well, I did observe that recently I had pages loading somewhat longer than usual, but I could always pinpoint that to heavily-animated flash ads that had to load up before allowing the rest of the page to get in your temp files and finally get rendered. However, it never reached serious levels - just caused some very minor annoyance on my side. Some content blocking in Opera (just use the source command, look around for the ads' url(s) and block them) did wonders and in Firefox, well, I suggest you use AdBlock, which is the next best thing since sliced bread when it comes to advertisement blocking.

Otherwise, it could be poorly coded pages. Just empty your temp folders, do the aforementioned measures - the whole nine yards.

I never had issues with Java, so I can't exactly call it the mother of all woes. It also depends on what's displayed on those forums you visit.
Quote:
ok so i was trying to make a blog frmo the blogger.com,and i wanna change the template.The box [where it allows u to pick a template] appeared much smaller than it should be,the scrolling bar at the side appeared very short. I only can see 1 thin line of image but i can still pick a template normally *if u wan a screenshot let me know*
A screenshot would be nice...if a simple 'text size' / zoom tweaking doesn't yield any favorable changes. Otherwise, well, just consider other browsers like Opera (v9.64 - don't get the v10.0 Beta 3 yet), Chrome (v4 Beta came out yesterday), Safari (v4.03 being the latest IIRC) and see whether the same problems reappear there or if it's just IE and/or Firefox.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-08-19 at 12:39.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 23:40   Link #6
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Try using the NoScript plugin on Firefox and allow only enough scripts so that you can see and work with the content.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 05:45   Link #7
Dreamtale
Recursion...

If same things happen in IE and FF it's trouble with java machine. Suggest to reinstall for example.
Dreamtale is offline   Reply With Quote