Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-14, 02:48   Link #6181
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Two GN Arms!!? Nadleeh has a SHIELD!? What's going on here? Someone please enlighten me....
It's new equipment. The 2nd GN Arms was shown in the preview for episode 23, while the Nadleeh with Shield and Beam rifle was shown a while back in leaked art for the HG 1/144 Gundam Nadleeh (yes, the HG will have that extra equipment unlike the 1/100 version).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 02:51   Link #6182
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It's new equipment. The 2nd GN Arms was shown in the preview for episode 23, while the Nadleeh with Shield and Beam rifle was shown a while back in leaked art for the HG 1/144 Gundam Nadleeh (yes, the HG will have that extra equipment unlike the 1/100 version).
That's one heck of an overhaul... Meisters Rules!!
Old 2008-03-14, 03:03   Link #6183
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowa babeliii View Post
reposting because i think it's not convenient for people to see

comments are welcome
These mods are nice =) I've been thinking really ahrd on how to get the back of exia to glow in a manner similar to the show as well ^^; Maybe next you can do the trans-am mode?

Quote:
Personally, I think the concept of the GN ARMS, a giant exterior armored suit to which a gundam attaches itself, is even more ridiculous than the idea of mobile suits to begin with. I mean, why not just make a separate flying machine that has all those weapons? It's not as if the gundam is powering it.
remember meteor? G-defensor? G-falcon? a big flying unit attaching to the gundam is kinda like a tradition now, along with having emotionally unstable characters riding gundams ^^;

In terms on how realistic it is, in Seed it kinda makes sense, since gundams are the most mobile unit in the universe, give it a space use-only suit with extra thrusters as to not compromise too much in speed + some crazy missiles and lazors, and kill as many as possible (something that's impossible to do with the old freedom + justice) before ditching it and using the more manouverable core suit. Why not just create the unit in itself? I think it needs the power from the nucear reactors, similar to the GN-arms now

In Zeta it kinda makes sense as well, turns the Mk-II into a totally different use suit. Rather than using it for assault it's used for backup with big guns like Virtue. They never really explained where the power comes from but the thing does run out of juice quite quick so Ii'm guessing it comes from both units ^^; Dunno bout G-Falcon. Anyone cares to shed a light?

So it will depend on how sunrise choose to handle GN arms, it may seem realistic / not later in the show ^^;

Last edited by Subarunyon; 2008-03-14 at 03:15.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 03:43   Link #6184
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

ok, is it really 2 GN Arms in the show, r just one with different Equipment for different MS
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 03:45   Link #6185
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
ok, is it really 2 GN Arms in the show, r just one with different Equipment for different MS
If the boxart is any indication its two GN Arms and not simply different equipment. Though we'll find that out conclusively tomorrow.

If it is two GN Arms, maybe we can expect a "Type-D" HG GN Arms with Gundam Dynames in the future...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 04:57   Link #6186
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If the boxart is any indication its two GN Arms and not simply different equipment. Though we'll find that out conclusively tomorrow.

If it is two GN Arms, maybe we can expect a "Type-D" HG GN Arms with Gundam Dynames in the future...
and Type - whatever for Virtue hahahahaha

also just realized GN Arms will be close to 100 bucks.. ouch
Old 2008-03-14, 05:20   Link #6187
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Seven hours and this is what I get.

On one hand it looks like a Metal Gear and I tempted to repaint it in Jungle Camouflage Colours.

On the other, you can actually see a face which reminds me of No.5 from the movie Short Circuit.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2008-03-14 at 07:55.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 05:43   Link #6188
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

One one hand it looks like a Metal Gear and I tempted to repaint it in Jungle Camouflage Colours.

One the other, you can actually see a face which reminds me of No.5 from the movie Short Circuit.
If anything, this reminds me of Valkyries in their gerwalk mode....
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 05:52   Link #6189
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
If anything, this reminds me of Valkyries in their gerwalk mode....
Now that you mention it it does look like a VF-19 with Sound Booster opened. Maybe I should colour it red.

And BTW, this is an OOB built. As standard with Bandai, the bigger they comes, the less you need to paint.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 06:07   Link #6190
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Now that you mention it it does look like a VF-19 with Sound Booster opened. Maybe I should colour it red.

And BTW, this is an OOB built. As standard with Bandai, the bigger they comes, the less you need to paint.
I'll listen to you if you sing LOL

The OOB built looks pretty decent. Please post the pics once you have Exia C.A. completed
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 06:30   Link #6191
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
frm gundambase

Gn Arms + Exia

HG Arms Astray PMC Custom (Leons Graves custom)
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 06:55   Link #6192
crossgundam

to be honest i quite sick of GS model kit !!!!!
crossgundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 07:45   Link #6193
crossgundam

check this out

http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL2826
crossgundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 08:59   Link #6194
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I... did warn you about it, right?
I heeded your warning, but got confused whether it's the 1/550 or the 1/400 that is molded in white... But nevertheless, I'm enjoying the kit; though that one piece in front of its I-field Generator is a pain to paint...

Quote:
There was a discussion about this a while ago. It would seem that the Ptoleimos, if you look at it closely, carries four individual GN-Arms. Most likey, each Gundam has its own GN-Arms with a unique configuration for each suit. And so far in the show, it seems that only two are operational.

Quote:
and Type - whatever for Virtue hahahahaha

also just realized GN Arms will be close to 100 bucks.. ouch
If the E in Type-E stands for Exia, then wouldn't the rest of the GN-Arms be Type-D for Dynames, Type-K for Kyrios, and Type-N for Nadleeh...?

As for the price, If I'm not mistaken, its about 5,2XX yen; around $50-60 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossgundam View Post
It's a resin kit. Most likely it's not from Bandai.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:04   Link #6195
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
There was a discussion about this a while ago. It would seem that the Ptoleimos, if you look at it closely, carries four individual GN-Arms. Most likey, each Gundam has its own GN-Arms with a unique configuration for each suit. And so far in the show, it seems that only two are operational.
That would be quite an upgrade for the Ptoly, 8 GN-Cannons on the go!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:40   Link #6196
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
though that one piece in front of its I-field Generator is a pain to paint...
You know what I did with that? I just took a Marker with the thinnest diameter and wasted several grams of liquid on it Huge waste of resources, but I wanted little headache as possible (try reaching the deepest crevices, cracks and trenches on the parts and you'll know what I mean)

By the way, are you in the Phillipines? I think someone on this thread is/been to the Phillipines. I am having a fit finding Gundam00 model kits in my proximity (best I can find is a FG 1/144 Virtue at the Toy Kingdom at SM Megamall which I bought without hesitation )

I might post pictures of the hilarious ensuing life of my FG Virtue, but on dial-up I'm having enough nightmares from this thread's xbox hueg images
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:52   Link #6197
philmein

Quote:

On one hand it looks like a Metal Gear and I tempted to repaint it in Jungle Camouflage Colours.

On the other, you can actually see a face which reminds me of No.5 from the movie Short Circuit.
Makube, is this kit worth getting?
Since you already own one and have already started building it, how is it? Good? Dame? lol
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 11:07   Link #6198
FireEel

Guys, does any1 know where the biggest gundam shop is in Japan?

Its supposedly the one with a huge gundam at its entrance.
FireEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 12:45   Link #6199
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
You know what I did with that? I just took a Marker with the thinnest diameter and wasted several grams of liquid on it Huge waste of resources, but I wanted little headache as possible (try reaching the deepest crevices, cracks and trenches on the parts and you'll know what I mean)
LOL! I guess it's worth it. As for me, I'm gonna go ahead and paint it using a very fine brush. XD By the way, did you paint those little small figures that came with the kit?

Quote:
By the way, are you in the Phillipines? I think someone on this thread is/been to the Phillipines. I am having a fit finding Gundam00 model kits in my proximity (best I can find is a FG 1/144 Virtue at the Toy Kingdom at SM Megamall which I bought without hesitation )
No, I live in the US now. I did visit the country a couple of years ago, however. I bought a few HGUCs and a couple of MGs from an SM megamall in Pampanga. Where exactly are you in the Philippines? And are you a Filipino, by any chance?
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 15:03   Link #6200
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
I

As for the price, If I'm not mistaken, its about 5,2XX yen; around $50-60 bucks.
ya, thats the market pricew, for people lives in north america like me there will be extra 40 -50 for shipping

if I get from HLJ it will cost over 100 for EMS shipping and 80-90 ish for SAL

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy