Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-31, 16:18   Link #1
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
is Naruto really worth the download of 70+ episodes???

OMG my first thread!! i didn't know if i should post this in the suggestions thread or here, anyway here i go...

I've been hearing alot about Naruto, but the first time i knew about it it was like in episode 40!! now i hate to catch a series who has already so many episodes, but that didn't diminish my curiosity.

Now i've decided to download it but its at episode 76!!! what should i do? i really want to see the series, but my upload bandwith its like 10kb max when im lucky, so its like an episode a day, sometimes even three days!!

should i download the whole thing now that ANBU and AonE offer a nice package?? or should i start at episode 76 and read some summary of the series??

The other thing that bothers me is that Naruto is really popular so the chances that it gets licenced are pretty high, so should i wait for the licence instead? what if there are like five episodes to finish the series and suddenly 4 kids gets the licence??? if it gets licenced, it would pass a really long time before Naruto is aired here in Colombia... aahhh, i don't know what to do!! please help!

sorry for the bad english
Old 2004-03-31, 16:22   Link #2
Hisoka44

the manga is sooo much better. so "buy" the manga and don't bother with the anime. watch hunter x hunter instaid. much better
Old 2004-03-31, 16:24   Link #3
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Downloading 70+ episodes = Free

Naruto worth Free?

Um, yeah.

In fact, if it cost a million times more, it'd still be worth it.
Old 2004-03-31, 16:28   Link #4
Kayess
Guy From Canada

I think it is worth downloading and watching. Perhaps you could get a nice friend to download them for you and then you get them on burned CD or just transfer the harddrives or something. I am not too "hip" on the methods of spreading around information, but I definitely think Naruto is worth it. So basically, do anything you can to get it Err.. Legally...
Old 2004-03-31, 16:32   Link #5
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Red face I think so

I spent a week downloading just 10 episodes. I think it is worth it. If you have a cable connection it won't be too painful. I'm reading the manga too but I still love the anime.

cdk
Old 2004-03-31, 16:38   Link #6
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Well over 100,000 people download the episode each week. The closest anime to that is Full Metal Alchemist at like 55,000 downloads per episode. Usually it is safe to say something like that is VERY good.

Btw even if it does get licensed, it will continue to be fansubbed. There is always someone who will finish a series. Also Aone basically never drops any series.

You must see the first 76 episodes because they are AWESOME, and you will have no clue wtf is going on if you don't see ALL of them

Basically if you don't enjoy Naruto you are a moron.
Old 2004-03-31, 16:40   Link #7
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th

Basically if you don't enjoy Naruto you are a moron.
thats what it comes down to...so u decide
Old 2004-03-31, 16:50   Link #8
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
yes ^_^ , I highly reccomend you watch them (and yes, you should get the ANBU/AONE Packages) ... If 4Kids licenses Naruto, so many Suicides will be commited, i swear! Thats why i have an idea they better not get it.. *Bombs 4Kids*

Watch it, b4 someone takes the freedom of downloading it from your ass :P
(although, most likely people will def. sub after license)
Old 2004-03-31, 17:27   Link #9
momojigari
Great I-Jin

To answer your question..lets just say that its the same as asking if you were gonna eat a sandwich without the mayo...you gotta have it! ok..maybe it doesn't make quite good sense, but since i'm eating a sandwich..it does. But yah, nonetheless, you gotta watch those 70+ episodes..actually, you might wanna just consider getting up to 70 cuz the last 5 eps are sorta crappy!! (wields flame shield!)..j/k. Its a very good series, with a wonderful plot..have fun with it. IN the end, you'll realize it was worth the wait.
Old 2004-03-31, 17:41   Link #10
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
You'd expect allot of action from a ninja series, but its more talk then it is action. But id say get it while its still good. good as in free of course..
Old 2004-03-31, 17:49   Link #11
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

i'm not even a kid and I watch it, d/l every version and watch all even the raw!

One time we all had to wait two weeks for an hour special, so in that short time I read all the manga... it's my drug and compared to most I suppose I don't watch too much anime, but Naruto is a Must!
Old 2004-03-31, 17:52   Link #12
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

It's been going a little bit too slow for my taste (the storyline), but it's still a very decent show. I recommend also.
Old 2004-03-31, 17:58   Link #13
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
thanks for your replies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Downloading 70+ episodes = Free

Naruto worth Free?

Um, yeah.

In fact, if it cost a million times more, it'd still be worth it.
well, Free= $0
$0 x 1000000 = $0 still free anyway i know what you mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
I think it is worth downloading and watching. Perhaps you could get a nice friend to download them for you and then you get them on burned CD or just transfer the harddrives or something. I am not too "hip" on the methods of spreading around information, but I definitely think Naruto is worth it. So basically, do anything you can to get it Err.. Legally...
sorry i don't have any friends

Quote:
yes ^_^ , I highly reccomend you watch them (and yes, you should get the ANBU/AONE Packages) ... If 4Kids licenses Naruto, so many Suicides will be commited, i swear! Thats why i have an idea they better not get it.. *Bombs 4Kids*
Hey i actually like pokemon seriously!! ( well, im a nintendo fanboy so if it has the big N for me is a heaven's gift) but Nate instead of Naruto???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
You'd expect allot of action from a ninja series, but its more talk then it is action. But id say get it while its still good. good as in free of course..
well saint seiya is the same, and i love saint seiya!!! i think im gonna try it, but can anyone compare Naruto with other series, and please don't tell me "NARUTO IS INCOMPARABLE, ITS PERFECT!" because that won't help...

sorry, long post
Old 2004-03-31, 18:15   Link #14
Lavilainepieuvre
Flames all the way!

Location: I'm in the living room where I killed Col. Mustard with the candlestick
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
it's my drug
You're right Pathyfinder, it is a drug... And right now, I'm in need of my weekly dose of Naruto. As soon as I can find a raw, i'll d/l it. Then I will d/l the Bakasan's version, and then the Anbu-AonE for archival purposes.

Really Mantidor, it's a must. So much interesting characters and a great storyline. The rhythm is slow, but if you d/l the whole package, that shouldn't be a problem...

Have fun discovering Naruto

Last edited by Lavilainepieuvre; 2004-03-31 at 18:31.
Old 2004-03-31, 18:21   Link #15
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I don't think anyone on the Naruto forum's going to tell you not to d/l a show called Naruto.

I'd actually recommend TW for as long as you can get them, then ANBU.

The main problem I have with the series is that it's pretty f*cking long. The first major storyarc lasted until episode....20?

And, we're finally nearing the end of the second arc @ ep 76. This storyline is so long it has sub-arcs embedded within it.

I don't know if my post helped you out at all, so if it didn't, sorry
Old 2004-03-31, 18:43   Link #16
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
My suggestion is to download the manga up to chapter 100, then start downloading the episodes from there.
Old 2004-03-31, 19:11   Link #17
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

download 70 episodes? pffffft, thats like over 25 hours of video to watch, ill sum it
up what happens for you and then you can start with episode 76.

episodes 1-25: boy ninjas named naruto and sasuke train and fight battles with this one eyed pirate named kakashi, girl named sakura tags along for emotional support.

episodes 26-50: Flashbacks, then some talking, then some more flash backs, then some talking about flashbacks, then fights which get interupted with flashbacks, and fighting occuring in flash backs.

episodes 51-to present: after episode 50 or so is when the kakashiXsasukeXnaruto team split up, sakura provides emotional support now from sidelines. Michael Jackson's doppelganger named Orochimura invades Naruto's village and is currently in day 22 of a death match against the 94 year old ninja leader of the naruto's village. Naruto is chasing Sasuke which he is in turn chasing a scary looking sand ninja boy who is turning into a sand monster.

next episode:flashback

there, saved you about 12 gigs of bandwitdh and disk space for your chewbaka star wars pr0n.
Old 2004-03-31, 19:19   Link #18
eLstar
(^_^)v

The Naruto Forum isn't a realy good place to post this. I mean, all you'll get is the same answers.

Anyway, this thread isn't really sutiable anyway. Not everyone can love Naruto, try it out on your own and see for yourself.
Closed Thread