AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Old 2010-05-29, 04:51   Link #121
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne Dragon View Post
Anyway it was great and mysterious ending, but somehow I think that Yin is still alive.
I sure hope so. As I said before, I prefer to think Yin is alive. Hei lost Pai, then Amber, then Yin, and then Suou. And don't forget friends that Hei has lost, like Huang. It would be so dang depressing if the staff were so cold as to take Yin away from Hei again.
Old 2010-05-29, 04:57   Link #122
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I sure hope so. As I said before, I prefer to think Yin is alive. Hei lost Pai, then Amber, then Yin, and then Suou. And don't forget friends that Hei has lost, like Huang. It would be so dang depressing if the staff were so cold as to take Yin away from Hei again.
But pretty much this isn't an emotional anime, feelings and emotions are almost left out from this anime and that's good. Because it wouldn't be so intresting that is emotional. Anyway I think that Yin is alive, too and about Suou, he hasn't lost her, she just forgot him, but like she said, she know that she met someone that she know and that she will meet him again, someday.
Nocturne Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 09:51   Link #123
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
But pretty much this isn't an emotional anime, feelings and emotions are almost left out from this anime and that's good. Because it wouldn't be so intresting that is emotional. Anyway I think that Yin is alive, too and about Suou, he hasn't lost her, she just forgot him, but like she said, she know that she met someone that she know and that she will meet him again, someday.
Are you.......kidding??? Hei's whole attitude and personality through season 1 was based on his feelings and emotions and that continued into season 2 with hobo-Hei, and even further with Suou's feelings for Hei helping him get out of his funk. Hei's feelings for Yin continue to influence him, and vice-versa on both, in the OADs. (seriously, people can't deny HeixYin anymore) And don't forget Suou and her feelings and emotions. In the first place, emotions and feelings are the basis of drama, and DtB has drama. Oooohh so much.

Suou being in "another world" (I still think that was quite a leap for DtB) and having forgotten Hei, is as good as lost to Hei, barring a season 3 where Suou comes back.
Old 2010-05-29, 12:07   Link #124
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

Quote:
Are you.......kidding??? Hei's whole attitude and personality through season 1 was based on his feelings and emotions and that continued into season 2 with hobo-Hei, and even further with Suou's feelings for Hei helping him get out of his funk. Hei's feelings for Yin continue to influence him, and vice-versa on both, in the OADs. (seriously, people can't deny HeixYin anymore) And don't forget Suou and her feelings and emotions. In the first place, emotions and feelings are the basis of drama, and DtB has drama. Oooohh so much.

Suou being in "another world" (I still think that was quite a leap for DtB) and having forgotten Hei, is as good as lost to Hei, barring a season 3 where Suou comes back.
Maybe Hei really has feelings towards Yin, but he doen't show that and for Suou, yes, she has feelings towards Hei, but he hasn't in that way. He isn't in love with her.
I don't know, but Hei and Yin were maybe in love or something in the past, but I think that now has changed.
Old 2010-05-29, 18:13   Link #125
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Maybe Hei really has feelings towards Yin, but he doen't show that and for Suou, yes, she has feelings towards Hei, but he hasn't in that way. He isn't in love with her.
I don't know, but Hei and Yin were maybe in love or something in the past, but I think that now has changed.
Actually, yes he's shown time and again that he has feelings for Yin (the OADs make that especially clear), and I never said anything about Heo being in love with Suou. (in fact, I've specifically said before that he isn't) She's important to him, but he's not in love with her. It doesn't change her feelings for him, though.
Old 2010-05-29, 22:58   Link #126
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Hei <3 Yin. Very simple, and it is pretty obvious in S2. No, Hei never had love feelings for Suou, that would be super creepy. Maybe while he was hobo-pedo Hei, anything is possible .

Quote:
Actually, yes he's shown time and again that he has feelings for Yin (the OADs make that especially clear), and I never said anything about Heo being in love with Suou. (in fact, I've specifically said before that he isn't) She's important to him, but he's not in love with her. It doesn't change her feelings for him, though.
I always thought Suou was stupid, period. I never liked her at all as a main character. Nothing less to expect from Hei, the hobo-pedo chick magnet.
Old 2010-05-30, 02:53   Link #127
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

Quote:
But that feelings aren't love feelings, it's only that he wouldn't kill her and something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
Hei <3 Yin. Very simple, and it is pretty obvious in S2. No, Hei never had love feelings for Suou, that would be super creepy. Maybe while he was hobo-pedo Hei, anything is possible .
Hei never had feelings towards Suou. Ok, maybe he was but his feelings are different than the Suou's feelings towards him.
Old 2010-05-30, 03:19   Link #128
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
But that feelings aren't love feelings, it's only that he wouldn't kill her and something like that.
Where was anything like this shown at all? When did anybody say it wasn't love? Of course Hei wouldn't want to kill Yin if he loves her; I don't see why those would be mutually exclusive.

Quote:
Hei never had feelings towards Suou. Ok, maybe he was but his feelings are different than the Suou's feelings towards him.
That's what he and I both have been saying.
Old 2010-05-30, 05:32   Link #129
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

Quote:
Where was anything like this shown at all? When did anybody say it wasn't love? Of course Hei wouldn't want to kill Yin if he loves her; I don't see why those would be mutually exclusive.
No one said it wasn't love, but If you look Hei's emotions you can conclude that he doesn't have love feelings towards Yin.
Old 2010-05-30, 05:37   Link #130
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
No one said it wasn't love, but If you look Hei's emotions you can conclude that he doesn't have love feelings towards Yin.
And where are these emotions you're talking about? Season 1 may have been gray in that regard, but S2 indicates all the more to HeixYin, and the whole idea of the OAD, besides filling in the gap between S1 and S2, is pretty much HeixYin.
Old 2010-05-30, 05:43   Link #131
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

Quote:
And where are these emotions you're talking about? Season 1 may have been gray in that regard, but S2 indicates all the more to HeixYin, and the whole idea of the OAD, besides filling in the gap between S1 and S2, is pretty much HeixYin.
There are no where, because Hei doesn't show them in Season 1. In Season 2 it shows them a little, but on emotions that we have seen we can't be sure that are HeixYin, like maybe you'd like to see.
Old 2010-05-30, 19:35   Link #132
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
There are no where, because Hei doesn't show them in Season 1. In Season 2 it shows them a little, but on emotions that we have seen we can't be sure that are HeixYin, like maybe you'd like to see.
You constantly reposting the same thing when we have told you the blunt, obvoius truth is getting quite annoying. Did you watch season 2 at all? What about the OADs? If you have, and you still see no connection of love between Hei and Yin, I will be speechless at the sheer amount of incompetence.
Old 2010-05-31, 06:09   Link #133
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Hei sees Suou as his little sister. She reminds him of himself and his sister, Pai. She has no one left and she lusts for revenge like him and has a burden just like his sister. Suou kind of has a crush on Hei but this is not how Hei sees her. He's her mentor, teacher, and a father/brother figure.

Hei does have "romantic" feelings for Yin, in a similar fashion he had feelings for Amber. This is why he's pissed. The two chicks he wanted to get with ended up becoming his enemies. In season one he always scowled and used a bitter tone when using Ambers name. He does the same in season 2 when it comes to Yin. OADs touch upon Hei x Yin, btw. One is the mistress of time lost in the time stream and the other one turns up a pregnant cosmic entity that will birth a creature that can destroy the world.

He has no luck with the ladies.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 07:30   Link #134
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Hei sees Suou as his little sister. She reminds him of himself and his sister, Pai. She has no one left and she lusts for revenge like him and has a burden just like his sister. Suou kind of has a crush on Hei but this is not how Hei sees her. He's her mentor, teacher, and a father/brother figure.
Actually, when Mao asked him if she reminded him of his sister, he just said she reminded him of himself, not Pai.

Quote:
He has no luck with the ladies.
Exactly. He didn't even get Misaki. (although based on the fact that he tried to finish her off before Suou stopped him, I'd say he wasn't really interested in her in the end ) The poor guy needs a break.
Old 2010-05-31, 08:49   Link #135
Sakabatou77

Quote:
Exactly. He didn't even get Misaki. (although based on the fact that he tried to finish her off before Suou stopped him, I'd say he wasn't really interested in her in the end ) The poor guy needs a break.
It looked like to me he was merely trying to knock her out with the back of his hilt. The way he held his blade suggested it would have been hard to stab her in a downward arc. You usually want to have the blade pointing down.
Sakabatou77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 20:37   Link #136
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
It looked like to me he was merely trying to knock her out with the back of his hilt. The way he held his blade suggested it would have been hard to stab her in a downward arc. You usually want to have the blade pointing down.
I don't think he was trying to kill her anyway.
Old 2010-06-07, 16:38   Link #137
aionxx

Is it better to watch the Gaiden before or after watching the 2nd season?
aionxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 17:36   Link #138
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aionxx View Post
Is it better to watch the Gaiden before or after watching the 2nd season?
Watch what you can before S2. There are currently 3 of them out.
Old 2010-07-11, 19:31   Link #139
TheMetal

Simple question here.

I've done some looking around on the interwebs, but can't find an answer. Has there been any Manga of any kind based after Season 2? Or is there absolutely nothing out there.
TheMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 22:27   Link #140
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetal View Post
Simple question here.

I've done some looking around on the interwebs, but can't find an answer. Has there been any Manga of any kind based after Season 2? Or is there absolutely nothing out there.
There's only one current running manga, and it's called Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana. I believe it takes place right after the end of S1, and before the start of the OVA's and S2.

So no, there isn't any kind of manga based after S2.

Tags
q&a