AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-09-24, 03:41   Link #5501
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So the latest chapter name is Aqualung. I wonder if it's a reference to the band of the same name since one of their songs "Strange and Beautiful" appeared in the romance movie Wicker Park?
Old 2011-09-24, 03:52   Link #5502
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Someone has been playing too much Dune (Page 6).

And on Page 4, it seems that Diana is dropping hints of being Bi......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Interesting chapter. Apollo was cute and funny. I guess you could say the luck they've had in dealing with Vintage so far is thanks in part to Apollo's praying. So after three days their luck will run out?
She is supposedly to be a idiot, given that she has 2 ahoge. I wonder if Minerva calls Apollo "ahouuuu~!" the way Shiori does.....

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-09-24 at 04:03.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 04:19   Link #5503
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Wow, this chapter will do extremely bad in the weekly rankings
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 05:48   Link #5504
ReddyRedWolf

Apollo calling Keima Kanon's lover make me anticipate the Jelly War with her in it.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 05:49   Link #5505
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

3 more days huh? I wonder what will happen in the next 3 days
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 05:52   Link #5506
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Apollo calling Keima Kanon's lover make me anticipate the Jelly War with her in it.
Actually I see her as the one who WOULDN'T get all pissed off at Keima being near other girls simply because she isn't the type to worry about these kinds of things.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 06:37   Link #5507
tsunade666

I think Keima wouldn't ended up with much problem on Apollo than with Mars and Vulcan.

Aside that the chapter is pretty pleasant and fast. I thought it would be delayed because of the problem with raw provider.
Old 2011-09-24, 06:37   Link #5508
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Apollo saying that they are powerless against the weiss now means they need a power up by Keima immediately. I gusss Keima will be back in action to boost up the power of goddess in the coming chapter.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 08:38   Link #5509
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
Apollo saying that they are powerless against the weiss now means they need a power up by Keima immediately. I gusss Keima will be back in action to boost up the power of goddess in the coming chapter.
4 goddesses and Keima...in the words of Charlie Sheen, "Two couples swinging with a lookie-loo"
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 09:26   Link #5510
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

... Kanon at the end with her decleration was a sweet moment, Kami really is great at capturing his targets. While Keima is probably not going to end up with anyone in the end. Kanon has constantly been the first to have all the romantic moments. Just what I noticed...
Old 2011-09-24, 09:46   Link #5511
tsunade666

Wakaki favors Kanon and also the fanbase?
Old 2011-09-24, 10:08   Link #5512
Shadow5YA

Kanon has been fairly sweet ever since her capture arc ended. There's been no sign of her yandere side since her Weiss was captured.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 11:02   Link #5513
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
... Kanon at the end with her decleration was a sweet moment, Kami really is great at capturing his targets. While Keima is probably not going to end up with anyone in the end. Kanon has constantly been the first to have all the romantic moments. Just what I noticed...

I don't get it. You mean like genuine moments, without Keima putting on an act or something?

Anyway, Keima is such a pimp, he managed to 'wing' Kanon without even trying
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 12:09   Link #5514
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Kanon has constantly been the first to have all the romantic moments. Just what I noticed...
I kinda agree with this, but I dont mind cause she is my fav girl after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Wakaki favors Kanon and also the fanbase?
I wouldnt go that far as to say Wakaki favours a girl or fanbase, but in japan Kanon really is one of the most popular girls in the series. After Elsie and Haqua, Kanon might just be the most popular HUMAN girl in the series. Her anime finale was ranked as the best anime episode by the fans, her single and album CDs have always been the best selling of all the TWGOK music releases, and her BluRay volume was the best selling out of the bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Kanon has been fairly sweet ever since her capture arc ended. There's been no sign of her yandere side since her Weiss was captured.
Yet there are still idiots out there that hate Kanon for her taser moments and seem to have completely ignored everything that has happened after that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Anyway, Keima is such a pimp, he managed to 'wing' Kanon without even trying
If anything everything that has happened since she got stabbed has been Keima trying, in a way this whole goddess arc has just been a multi-part Kanon arc. It seems Apollo is aware of what Keima has been going through for her sake and Kanon has been talking with Apollo so...its not strange that seeing Keima go through so much for Kanon would seriously increase her love points and give her wings.

In the end though I would like to AT LEAST have a proper Kanon development just like all the other girls have been getting.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 12:20   Link #5515
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Yet there are still idiots out there that hate Kanon for her taser moments and seem to have completely ignored everything that has happened after that...
An anime is worth a thousand mangas?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 12:27   Link #5516
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Although with the nature of both the plot and Keima's character the plan was never for the harem to come out with one single girl that Keima falls in love with but rather a collection of sweet romantic moments throughout the series for me this is my favourite thing about this series.

As far as I am concerned from the girls point of view Kanon gets the first shot at displaying strong romantic feeling outside her capture arc despite not having appeared much e.g. Confession outside capture arc, having faith in him etc.

That being said girls like Ayumi (my favourite) and Chihiro who have always been around Keima have had also some ver nice development and moments but perhaps not as clear cut as Kanon's.

BTW I am still waiting for Keima to capture his "sister" considering it is one of the stereotypes in gal games.
Old 2011-09-24, 13:34   Link #5517
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
If anything everything that has happened since she got stabbed has been Keima trying, in a way this whole goddess arc has just been a multi-part Kanon arc. It seems Apollo is aware of what Keima has been going through for her sake and Kanon has been talking with Apollo so...its not strange that seeing Keima go through so much for Kanon would seriously increase her love points and give her wings.
I don't think Kanon and Apollo knew what Keima's been doing or it might turn bad even though they appear passive. But to me it looks like Apollo is too busy purifying that she doesn't even reply to her sister even for a few seconds. So I don't think she also has time to spare watching over what happen plus what can she knew is she's stuck on the gaming room of Keima.
Old 2011-09-24, 18:23   Link #5518
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, 3 days. Do or die time, literally.
Old 2011-09-24, 18:52   Link #5519
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

So.... Kanon's the first girl Keima's been inside?

Hinoki's case was just the weiss, right?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 06:30   Link #5520
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
Keima needs to start pumping some love into those girls

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen