AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 50 39.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 27.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 14.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-16, 18:50   Link #241
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm not a fan of Misaka.... but.... watching episode 1 truly makes me realize how fearsome she is

so she can walk in ceiling now? and can land from sky safely on a windmill? so epic....
using railgun from that position is also awesome

I want more Touma X Misaka encounter in this season... hehehe
lots of enemies appeared in the opening... which makes me put a high hope on this

oh yea... that Queen of Tokiwadai is annoying
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 23:14   Link #242
Destined_Fate

Yes.

Misaka is now the electric spidergirl. Was kinda nice though to see how much she has grown when it comes to using her powers from just the anime.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 23:25   Link #243
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She did nothing she hadn't done in the first season. We saw her magnetizing herself to walls in the first season, against Harumi and that delinquent chick.
Old 2013-04-16, 23:50   Link #244
Clarste
Human

Yeah, she first did it in episode 8 of the first season.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 00:26   Link #245
Destined_Fate

Yes, but she did it much better this time around and without even needing to think even a second about it. It's all natural like to her now.
Old 2013-04-17, 00:50   Link #246
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...huh?

She didn't seem all that different.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 01:03   Link #247
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
oh yea... that Queen of Tokiwadai is annoying
Meh, at least she's a total babe. This alone is more than enough for me to look forward to her future conflict against Mikoto.

Oh yeah, that Queen seemingly uses a weird remote control to activate her power. Don't tell me she' in the same condition as Accelerator who have to rely on his choker?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 01:35   Link #248
Clarste
Human

I figured she just likes the style of it. Even in the short time we saw her already she's already been doing lots of overdramatic stuff like shooting her finger at someone (and blowing off the smoke). She seems to like flair.
Old 2013-04-17, 01:58   Link #249
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Meh, at least she's a total babe. This alone is more than enough for me to look forward to her future conflict against Mikoto.
She's the ultimate babe of the Railgun series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Oh yeah, that Queen seemingly uses a weird remote control to activate her power. Don't tell me she' in the same condition as Accelerator who have to rely on his choker?
I thought that she used the remote as a tool to help her concentrate, kinda like a certain teleporter and her flashlight. Accelerator needs the choker in order to use his power period. No choker=no power/calculation abilities.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 04:03   Link #250
Kon the Magnificent

Just caught the episode and I am satisfied with what I saw. A great first episode, it pulled me in, and kept me seated throughout. Yes, and yes, this is what I expected out of Railgun, and was honestly too hyped when I watched it because I read through seven volumes a few hours earlier.

I was surprised to see it already out, ah, surprises like this are always welcomed.

Welcome back Misaka and Friends, oh how we missed you.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 13:53   Link #251
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yes.

Misaka is now the electric spidergirl. Was kinda nice though to see how much she has grown when it comes to using her powers from just the anime.
More like a gender flipped Magneto who is a rival to gender flipped Charles Xavier instead of best friends.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 13:56   Link #252
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
More like a gender flipped Magneto who is a rival to gender flipped Charles Xavier instead of best friends.
This has to be one of the most ingenious explanations of the relationship between the Ace and Queen.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:09   Link #253
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I'm just really excited to see how the Sisters Arc is going to be handled in the Railgun perspective.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:13   Link #254
Destined_Fate

I can see it now...

Much more Touma seen through Misaka Vision and the shippers will rejoice.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:41   Link #255
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Negatives:
Possible -1: Kuroko's chain teleporting is a lot faster than I remember it (thinking of the Uiharu scene at the beginning)... I thought there was a short "cooldown"? If so I'm hoping they only did that for comedic effect.

Other thoughts:
Neutral: No overt fanservice in the first episode.
Neutral: It would have been nice to see Mikoto land... I mean I know how she did it, but it would have been nice to watch.
I thought Kuroko's power gets better the more she develops it?

Like at the beginning she can only do a few teleporting and can't really teleport to the right areas.

I think she's heading toward a Rank Up, seeming her teleporting is getting to be instantaneous one after another.

Now... only if Misaka's power can be developed further... she could have become Magnito ( LOL ) - using electric to manipulate objects, she can already make her self go spidergirl...

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Fanservice seems to be more in the Index side, Railgun side is mostly all about combat. (that or onee-sama love)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 13:55   Link #256
Clarste
Human

Misaka does use her magnetic powers a lot. To make shields and throw sand at people and stuff. Honestly, she uses her magnetism more often than her electricity in the first season, since it's just visually more interesting. The Railgun itself is a magnetic attack. Seriously, a lot of people seem to be confused and think of it as some sort of electric laser (including the animators, half the time), but a railgun is simply shooting a bullet really fast. In this case, a coin.

Also, it should be noted that we've never seen any character level up in the series. Probably because it's supposed to take years and the whole thing is happening over only a few months at most (note that it's summertime for the entire series), I don't think Kuroko is supposed to be noticeably improving, it's just the animators getting more creative. I also never had the impression that she had many speed limits in the first place though (although I think there's something about her maximum carrying capacity?).
Old 2013-04-18, 15:02   Link #257
Sumeragi
Banned

About Kuroko: Remember, most of the time when she was teleporting various times in a row, she was either talking to someone or looking for something. She didn't have the need to go fast in her teleporting until now.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 16:11   Link #258
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kuroko has a LONG way to go before she's even a blimp on a power upping side.

We already know her limitations from the previous season, and they are rather limiting.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 16:31   Link #259
HandofFate

I don't see any big difference in her teleporting speed.
I mean you don't even see many of it.

When she grabs Uiharu, you only see her teleport two times into the distance, not really a good measure for speed.

Might be another series, but hasn't Kuroko been able to float in midair just by teleporting in place to the same spot over and over. You don't even notice she's teleporting when she does that because its so seamless.
Old 2013-04-18, 21:11   Link #260
rladls716

This episode reminds me, are the three of the four girls are actually middle school students?

As times goes on they will become anything but human anymore, this is insane.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
railgun