Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-14, 04:55   Link #41
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@RF: As I already wrote you, I am guessing here too, not spoiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
so basically Black Hanekawa lost to that random cat white tiger and forced to retreat?
They just realized that they could not confront the tiger... they were not defeated or anything... how do they say... a strategical retreat... live to fight another day...

Quote:
and what was with this "she saw me" thing
... should I go meta- on this, Tsubasa sees the Tiger as the next "thing" that will help her break free from her current miserable state dictated by society, like the "cat" she needs help to realize her dreams and ambitions as she stated at the beginning of her own arc back in Bake- (I think), also in her Neko/Kuro OP.

Quote:
curious how Black Hanekawa (probably with help from Hitagi) is going to solve this problem without our ahoge lolicon protagonist
That is a huge difference for the writer... and very interesting because he decided to kick-start the 2nd season of novels with a different narrator... even though it's the main girl of the 1st season, despite the erroneous popular beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiago View Post
Sorry to kinda bring this off topic, but is there a name for the piano song that starts when Hitagi touches Tsubasa's hair after the shower? I also remember it being in the first episode, and I love the tune. :l
You will have to wait a couple of months for the OST announcement.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2013-07-14 at 05:06.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 05:29   Link #42
zato_1one

Quote:
and what was with this "she saw me" thing
It may be the same case like Mayoi arc in Bakemonogatari. You can see her if you don't want to go home. Hanekawa probably has something which met the condition to see that tiger.
Old 2013-07-14, 05:48   Link #43
ExXentriK

The shower scene was worth the week of waiting

By the way, am I the only one here who prefers long haired Hanekagawa?
Old 2013-07-14, 05:59   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXentriK View Post

Not at all. Frankly, I don't really like her present hair style at all.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 07:22   Link #45
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Plain awesome. Can't think of any other shows that could keep me hooked to the screen by giving me two girls simply chatting for the majority of the episode.

The lack of Araragi's doing wonders. I never liked Senjougahara much, but the first two episodes already managed to make her somewhat more likable for me.
(And more of Black Hanekawa's always a treat.)
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 09:25   Link #46
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Why would she need to help her parents? The implication was just that she needed a place to stay for up to a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, not exactly sure there was any sort of plan. Just give Hanekawa somewhere to stay until her family finds a place for them to rent. Then she moves back in with them.
There was a plan because she said tsubasa's parents would need only 1 week to find a place to rent with her idea.AND she was calling/sending a text to "someone"...(I wonder who)

I hate it when they don't tell you this kind of things
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 10:47   Link #47
Dextro
He Without a Title

That was a fantastic episode. The dialogue had that certain something that I found missing from Nise and the change in point of view to Hanekawa brought into light a lot of different details of hers and Senjogahara's personalities that we couldn't get from Araragi's viewpoint.

The visuals aren't quite there yet though but I'm betting that the BluRay version will fix that. (dat shower scene! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
OMG WHERE WERE SENJOUGAHARA's HANDS AT 4:42? & 4:59?!
My bet is: exactly where you think they where. Senjougahara-sama has been spending way too much time with that pervert Ararararagi-kun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXentriK View Post

Not at all. I also much rather see Hanekawa with long hair. I also enjoyed Senjogahara with the long hair as well but after these two episodes I find that her new style complements her changes quite well and am starting to come to terms with it.
Old 2013-07-14, 11:51   Link #48
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

YES! FANSERVICE DESU!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I watched an anime with just 2 girls talking.. Makes me wonder what Monogatari will make me do in the future.
Old 2013-07-14, 12:09   Link #49
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I actually prefer short-haired Hanekawa, but I can't say I like short-haired Hitagi =0<. Not that the alternatives are ugly, but short-hair Hanekawa and long-hair Hitagi just looks...more fitting =03. I also felt that Hitagi was copying Hanekawa with the hair cutting thing.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 12:27   Link #50
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
this.

It didn't bother me much the first episode, but with this I finally remembered why it took so long for me to watch bake, I always had to pause this just to read what was written on the cutscenes.

it's mildly annoying, but the story doesn't make sense without it. Also, it has been 2 weeks of senjougahara posing in front of hanekawa. not that i'm complaining lol.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 15:37   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Black Hanekawa's short hair is a lot more watchable than White, though. Maybe because it doesn't look as short.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 16:34   Link #52
SQA

Hanekawa needs her hair a little longer. So in "Black" form, it's about the right length and looks really good.

Senjougahara needs it a bit longer than Hanekawa (due to a thinner face design), at least full shoulder length.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 20:32   Link #53
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Waiting another week is going to be agony. The repartee turned so damn sharp after Black Hanekawa returned home that it easily rivals the best of the first season, and I just wanted to roll right into the next episode.

When I heard they were animating the shower, I was a little troubled because I do feel like Monogatari sometimes wallows in the fanservice to the point where it's not even funny or relevant to the overarching themes of sexual frustration and interpersonal clashes anymore. But dammit, it's just so freaking stylish and glorious that I can't even utter a single complaint, now that I've actually witnessed it.

I'm glad they acknowledged that the skipped chapters being Hanekawa's Tyler Durden moments was apparent from the start. She's been nicely unreliable as the narrator so far, and it was almost a little jarring to be pulled out of her perspective for the night time prowl. I wonder if we're mostly done with her telling the story, or if that was just a momentary break from perspective.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 21:07   Link #54
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Hanekawa needs her hair a little longer. So in "Black" form, it's about the right length and looks really good.
It is actually a little longer.

Images
Neko White novel illustration
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hanekawa's hair is actually the same length whether she is in Sawari Neko mode or not. It's just that her hair is just messier when Black Hanekawa is out.

In the novels, Hanekawa's hair grew out slightly from Nise, but SHAFT is probably reusing her Nise design to save money since it's a minor different at best.
The same would likely apply to Senjougahara, but there wasn't an illustration for her in Neko White.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 22:41   Link #55
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Talking about hair length, I should remind everyone that in Bake- and Neko-/Kuro, Tsubasa hair grown and receded rapidly when letting the "cat" take over and v.v... her braids were normally at shoulder-blade length, but grow below her but when in "black Hanekawa" mode... so obviously the "cat" approves of the new length too

As for Hitagi, it is a shame to hide those daily exercised shoulders and her slender back behind bushy, yet soft keratin
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 08:42   Link #56
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm still waiting for the "NYAHAAHAAHAAHAA~!" laugh.

This was some good insight here for my Hanekawa - so she eats things bland and doesn't put anything into her food to make it flavorable. I love her but she's NOT going into my kitchen.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:19   Link #57
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Awesome episode. Loved the Tsubasa & Hitagi dialouge. I'm also one of the people who don't season their food. Though my reason is just due to laziness.

Spoiler for Also, anyone get this Nisekoi reference?:

My brother brought it up a few minutes ago. Totally didn't realize it.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:43   Link #58
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Awesome episode. Loved the Tsubasa & Hitagi dialouge. I'm also one of the people who don't season their food. Though my reason is just due to laziness.

Spoiler for Also, anyone get this Nisekoi reference?:

My brother brought it up a few minutes ago. Totally didn't realize it.
Sadly that isn't a Nisekoi reference. I don't even think Nisekoi was serialized yet when the novel was out.

Anyway the beansprout thing was talking about Araragi and how short he is. Araragi being short is one of the many gags about his imperfection as a man.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 12:06   Link #59
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I feel his pain. I think I'm around his fictional height.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 13:27   Link #60
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Sadly that isn't a Nisekoi reference. I don't even think Nisekoi was serialized yet when the novel was out.

Anyway the beansprout thing was talking about Araragi and how short he is. Araragi being short is one of the many gags about his imperfection as a man.
"Moyashikko" (bean sprout kid) in Japanese means a kid with a feeble constitution, for example city folk. It may or may not refer to Senjougahara, who frequently was absent due to illness.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote