Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 06:07   Link #1561
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
weird how?
- DEMONBANE. And a lot of Cthulu references, like thinking of the BETA as StarSpawn or Mi-Go.

Quote:
And I wonder how these armaments would fare against BETA and TSF in an indestructible, 20 meter tall, flightless frame:
- Impressive, but might be a tad too slow against masses of Tank-class.

"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 06:11   Link #1562
Chibiloli

Well, the Frame is indestructible anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind."
Huh?
Old 2013-10-03, 06:18   Link #1563
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Well, the Frame is indestructible anyway.
- Well, wat's the limit of how hard an object has to be before a BETA can't eat it?

Quote:
Huh?
- Quote from Dune. They may have the right idea, maybe some things, such as advanced AI are too dangerous to be developed. Even if it's for a desperate cause.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 06:57   Link #1564
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Well, wat's the limit of how hard an object has to be before a BETA can't eat it?
A type of metal so hard, that only the sun can melt it.
Old 2013-10-03, 07:00   Link #1565
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
A type of metal so hard, that only the sun can melt it.
Vonfram (Tungsen)?

Then no mass-production?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:27   Link #1566
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Vonfram (Tungsen)?

Then no mass-production?
Nope, it can only be made in space, and has such a high melting point, that you need to send it all the way to the sun if you wanna get rid of it.
Old 2013-10-03, 07:35   Link #1567
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

In short, another Luna Titanium derivered?
Old 2013-10-03, 07:46   Link #1568
Chibiloli

Can only be made in Zero Gravity conditions.

Can you guys recommend any anime characters who would make good villians? I may sound like I'm going off topic, but I've wrote a lot of "episodes" for my Fanfic, it starts out in the first "Season" with fighting the BETA, but then after my OC's in Super robots help earth rid themselves of the BETA, enemies from their universes start to show up, like Lelouch(in my Fic, he's more of a self centered, arrogant moron who thinks he can take over the earth, only for the 501st(A group of the best TSF pilots earth has to offer, consisting of many familiar faces) to kick his ass along with my OC's), and other Expies of Anime, cartoon, and bond villian's, WITH MECH'S!
Old 2013-10-03, 07:56   Link #1569
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

How about Brain Powered with the group "Orphan"? Kind of like NERV in Evangelion, with the head of that group decided to use their children as a tool.

Jupiter Empire with its in-tube Emperor from Crossbone Gundam could be another great villain.

NEVER like the idea of truly evil Lelouch, though.
Old 2013-10-03, 08:09   Link #1570
Chibiloli

he's not evil, just plain pathetic.
Old 2013-10-03, 08:17   Link #1571
John117xCortana

I need some help if you guys don't mind. I'm trying to figure out why Shirogane would have issues with a particular subject. I mean I KNOW he'll have problems with it but I'm having trouble figuring out the WHY. Any help in elaborating why would be appreciated.

Quote:
Kurogane Takeru ( alternate reality Augment version of Shirogane Takeru ) would be biased to the Muv Luv Japan's Yamato Damashii, but his bias is not really out of hate. It's more like disappointment because they are blind to what that is turning them into. And what the consequences Japan had to live with after WWII back in his reality because of their overzealous Yamato Daimashii.

He's willing to break and crush their Yamato Daimashii because he sees it as the better long term alternative to inevitable self destruction of their country and culture if they continue with the way they are. If they survive and get back on their feet then they are worth something. If they don't survive from being broken like that it'd just prove his point even more about their Yamato Daimashii and how useless it is when faced with reality.

"If the truth kills you then you were too weak to handle it in the first place."
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 08:28   Link #1572
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well... Truly, I don't know either! But you could linked it with The Day After Takeru. He followed Ikaruga because while he is manipulated, Ikaruga is not blind with reality. Of course he still has a bit of Yamato left, he kind of remind me about Lelouch.

And NO! "Lelouch" and "pathetic" will never go together!
Old 2013-10-03, 08:48   Link #1573
John117xCortana

Kurogane Takeru is somewhat of a Nietzsche follower.

"When Nietzshe is talking about the "will to power", it has nothing to do with dominate. It is in fact the opposite to the will to dominate.

The will to dominate comes out of an inferiority complex. One wants to dominate others, just to prove himself that he is not inferior - he is superior. But he needs to prove it. Without any proof he knoes he is inferior; he has to cover it up by many, many proofs. Khan Noonien Singh is a recent example of this.

The really superior man needs no proof, he simply is superior. Does a roseflower argue about its beauty? Does the full moon bother about proving it's gloriousness? The superior man knows it, there is no need for any proof hence he has no will to dominate. He has a "will to power," but you'd have to make a very fine distinction. his will to power means: He wants to grow to his fullest expression.

It has nothing to do with anybody else, it's whole concern is the individual himself. He wants to blossom, to bring all the flowers that are hidden in his potential, to rise as high as possible in the sky. It's not even comparative, it's not trying to rise higher than others, it's simply trying to rise to it's fullest potential.

"Will to power" is absolutely individual. It wants to dance to the highest in the sky, it wants to have a dialogue with the stars, but it is not concerned about proving anybody inferior. It is not competitive nor is it comparative."
Old 2013-10-03, 08:55   Link #1574
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

In short, you remove envy from the equation. That kind of similar to my "Unite the World" idea.
Old 2013-10-03, 09:11   Link #1575
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

While I enjoyed Code Geass as much as the next guy (it's my horrible secret, I know), Lelouch is nowhere near as sassy as he thinks he is. He's in fact a very poor tactician, who largely wins due to almost every other military in Code Geass being moronically incompetent. His charisma boils down to cheap theatrics, which can't really cover for the fact that he's a bratty kid running around with a mask, something that Schneizel masterfully exploited (and I'm kinda suprised it didn't came up earlier in the show). I'll skip the part about Zero Requiem, because that was a shameless rip off from the Golden Path of Dune books, and moreover, it was a poor ripoff, which is why I never finished Episode 24. I always finish it around the "Evil Lelouch beats everyone with cosmic nuke thing".

People like Ikaruga would be able to level him in 3 seconds flat. Hell, Lelouch isn't even that crafty about using mind control powers, which leads to all sorts of shit happening. Then again, he's supposed to be a Byronic Protagonist, so he has to be flawed.

Anyway, while not exactly anime, Hazama, a.k.a Terumi Yuuki from BlazBlue probably takes the cake in the sheer evil/troll/jerk department.

Spoiler for BlazBlue spoilers, for people who care:

If you want a definite endgame villain, Hazama is the only way. Bonus point for being voiced by the same guy who does Vincent Lowell.

My other candidates would be Koko Hekmatyar from Jormungand, Makoto Waltz Segai from Guilty Crown and maybe JAM from Battle Fairy Yukikaze.

@John

Truth be told, I'm not sure. Takeru himself would probably not know either. He could recognize that purely logically, it's a sound argument, but he'd probably be hung up over the "needless" bloodshed and possible trauma that this can present. He's a "eat the cake and keep it" kind of person.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 09:21   Link #1576
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I know, I know! In fact, I'm quite surprise that Lelouch could made that far. Most of his tactics involve direct psylogical attack and pulling out something unexpected on the climax - which we all know is not possible in the real world. And that is why I write a remake of Code Geass. Basically, my version of him is quite like Ikaruga: Dirty politics, epsionage and showing off his army sheer power. A bit Napoleonic if I might add, but less dramatic.

And aren't BlazBlue going to get its anime version: Alter Memories?
Old 2013-10-03, 09:39   Link #1577
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
@John

Truth be told, I'm not sure. Takeru himself would probably not know either. He could recognize that purely logically, it's a sound argument, but he'd probably be hung up over the "needless" bloodshed and possible trauma that this can present. He's a "eat the cake and keep it" kind of person.
Kurogane would counter with the fact that bloodshed is gonna happen either way. He's just picking the option that would result in less needless bloodshed and the prevention of cultural genocide.

“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 2013-10-03, 09:47   Link #1578
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You guys know what, I HATE Peggy Sue! Remind me too much of religion!

But yes, that is the wise choice between the two. But how would he intitate it?
Old 2013-10-03, 10:15   Link #1579
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Speaking of JAM... I'm niw evilliy thinking of what happens if the BETA invade Fairy, lol.

That said part of the reason JAM were so hax was because they'd infiltrated the FAF - hell, one of the FAF's tip intel people was working for JAM, and the only unit that didn't have JAM infiltrators in it wad the SAF.

I also support Koko as final boss. Koko loco oh no.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 16:36   Link #1580
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
While I enjoyed Code Geass as much as the next guy (it's my horrible secret, I know), Lelouch is nowhere near as sassy as he thinks he is. He's in fact a very poor tactician, who largely wins due to almost every other military in Code Geass being moronically incompetent. His charisma boils down to cheap theatrics, which can't really cover for the fact that he's a bratty kid running around with a mask, something that Schneizel masterfully exploited (and I'm kinda suprised it didn't came up earlier in the show). I'll skip the part about Zero Requiem, because that was a shameless rip off from the Golden Path of Dune books, and moreover, it was a poor ripoff, which is why I never finished Episode 24. I always finish it around the "Evil Lelouch beats everyone with cosmic nuke thing".

People like Ikaruga would be able to level him in 3 seconds flat. Hell, Lelouch isn't even that crafty about using mind control powers, which leads to all sorts of shit happening. Then again, he's supposed to be a Byronic Protagonist, so he has to be flawed.

Anyway, while not exactly anime, Hazama, a.k.a Terumi Yuuki from BlazBlue probably takes the cake in the sheer evil/troll/jerk department.

Spoiler for BlazBlue spoilers, for people who care:

If you want a definite endgame villain, Hazama is the only way. Bonus point for being voiced by the same guy who does Vincent Lowell.

My other candidates would be Koko Hekmatyar from Jormungand, Makoto Waltz Segai from Guilty Crown and maybe JAM from Battle Fairy Yukikaze.
Hazama would do nicely, I could simply base a character off of him, I think I just found a leader for the Tyrants.

@Fireminer, watch The Big O, you'll like Jason Beck if you like Lelouch.

Tags
fanfiction, harem