AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-20, 15:28   Link #2081
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Full Metal Panic fandom has brought up this theory before, but...

what happens if Ranka and Sheryl essentially become the same person because of a too much psychic crossing
oh god...something is totally jiggling inside my brain today

BetoJR, stay the hell away from this thread (or just pretend you didn't see this post)
Old 2008-09-20, 15:52   Link #2082
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post

BetoJR, stay the hell away from this thread (or just pretend you didn't see this post)
Ahm the quintessential Sohryu-Ayanami-Katsuragi Hybrid Theorem? I've seen posts thousand words long proving and disproving it, back when "Evangelion" was all the rage and people tried to do "Being John Malkovitch" on Hideaki Anno.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:01   Link #2083
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Ahm the quintessential Sohryu-Ayanami-Katsuragi Hybrid Theorem? I've seen posts thousand words long proving and disproving it, back when "Evangelion" was all the rage and people tried to do "Being John Malkovitch" on Hideaki Anno.
Personally, I didn't subscribe to the fusion idea (but it's convenient for today's purposes).

Hopefully Kawamori decides that hate mails, death threats and vandalism outside his studio are things he'd rather not have and instead, gives us a great finale...one that leaves a taste of total satisfaction.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:39   Link #2084
golthin

Quote:
Personally, I didn't subscribe to the fusion idea (but it's convenient for today's purposes).

Hopefully Kawamori decides that hate mails, death threats and vandalism outside his studio are things he'd rather not have and instead, gives us a great finale...one that leaves a taste of total satisfaction.
remember that whatever he does, he could get those regardless of the outcome. the popularity is not as one sided in Japan as it is on these forums! I don't think there has ever been a murder of a director from unhappy fans.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:50   Link #2085
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
remember that whatever he does, he could get those regardless of the outcome. the popularity is not as one sided in Japan as it is on these forums! I don't think there has ever been a murder of a director from unhappy fans.
...none as of yet
Old 2008-09-20, 16:52   Link #2086
magnuskn

Quote:

So, is that Shinji, erm, "doing a Shinji" on Asuka? I never was exactly sure what he did, having stayed away from anything Evangelion like it was Satan personified, after the series...
Old 2008-09-20, 16:53   Link #2087
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, is that Shinji, erm, "doing a Shinji" on Asuka? I never was exactly sure what he did, having stayed away from anything Evangelion like it was Satan personified, after the series...
Yes.

God he was such a freak.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:58   Link #2088
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Yes.

God he was such a freak.
Yeah, pretty much. If one wants a good Evangelion, one should watch Raxephon. Although Megumi losing still hurts... ^^
Old 2008-09-20, 17:00   Link #2089
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Haha! He was choking her then Asuka briefly touched his cheek. He stopped and started sobbing.

Asuka then delivers her classic line: Kimochi warui.

Teh end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Yes.

God he was such a freak.
He fancied screaming as much as Alto too.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:02   Link #2090
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It's not as one-sided as here because Ranka shippers can't put up a good front here and tend to stay away.

But as far as favoring, I'm hearing its a Sheryl majority.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-20, 17:03   Link #2091
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am afraid gentlemen, that you are all mistaken.

A Shinji doing a Shinji is not the choking, but a reference to masturbation above a patient in a comatose state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
But as far as favoring, I'm hearing its a Sheryl majority.
As far as the pairing go, its something along the lines of 10 (Sheryl) : 1.5 (Ranka)

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:06   Link #2092
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

A Shinji doing a Shinji is not the choking, but a reference to masturbation above a patient in a comatose state.

- Tak

demmit, me and my wrong context

O
M
G

Please, brain...stay away from the Nanase and Luca scene, I beg of you!!!!!!!
Old 2008-09-20, 17:22   Link #2093
Joachim
et tu, brute?

after episode 24.... we see a connection here, in macross zero the one that can control bird human is the lineage of nome right?(sarah, mao) so if sheryl really is mao's granddaughter.., please do refresh my mind, did sarah instantly teleport inside the birdman? or did she board the "mini birdman head" to go there?

i think sheryl will have another role next episode.

Maybe thats what grace was saying , ranshe, mao, your blood will slaughter each other

epic fight between sheryl's birdman vs ranka's vajra tachi? lol
Old 2008-09-20, 17:24   Link #2094
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:

no not another asureito debate stopp this madness
Old 2008-09-20, 17:38   Link #2095
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
after episode 24.... we see a connection here, in macross zero the one that can control bird human is the lineage of nome right?(sarah, mao) so if sheryl really is mao's granddaughter.., please do refresh my mind, did sarah instantly teleport inside the birdman? or did she board the "mini birdman head" to go there?

Maybe thats what grace was saying , ranshe, mao, your blood will slaughter each other

That would be bloodsulutely amazing!!!

Quote:
no not another asureito debate stopp this madness
Haha! Like what I said, I don't subscribe to asureito but it was convenient to be brought up.

Hai~ hai~ Atashi wa mou~ I think the sugar from my tea has been processed by my body.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:41   Link #2096
magnuskn

Quote:

- Tak
Aw, God! Above Asuka? Geeze... this kid really has some problems....
Old 2008-09-20, 17:44   Link #2097
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Aw, God! Above Asuka? Geeze... this kid really has some problems....
Asuka's VA was asked by the director to imagine a situation where a stranger comes and masturbates on top of you. After being asked that, she was pretty terrified

On the other hand... Asuka's German was...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:46   Link #2098
mechabao

Quote:

The way it's depicted in Zero, the head of the Birdman awakens and causes the catwalk that Sara is on to collapse. We then see Sara being lifted by the black cloud of energy, then the Birdman encloses her in some sort of shell along with itself and punches its way out of the submarine.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:53   Link #2099
magnuskn

Quote:
Asuka's VA was asked by the director to imagine a situation where a stranger comes and masturbates on top of you. After being asked that, she was pretty terrified

On the other hand... Asuka's German was...

- Tak
I would have been terrified of the director, too! ^^

And her "German"... well, it was the same as if one of us would garble out random asiatic sounding BS, IIRC. Guess nobody much cared about accuracy.
Old 2008-09-21, 10:25   Link #2100
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
even if you follow the craptastic eva formula, since ranka is rei, by default alto and sheryl both are reborn to live together forever!
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers