AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 85 63.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 5.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-06, 22:43   Link #21
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
This is starting to sound a little more like the Gundam 00 threads.

Possible plotholes after going into detail? Check.
Bashing the animators and the series for those? Check.

I don't know how the staff in J.C Animation felt while they went about with Season 2, but I'd agree with minhtam2448 that there is a possibility Season 2 could be rushed, resulting in below-par quality of animation. It's kind of hard to criticise them too, especially when you're NOT working in the same line and know how it feels like being hard-pressed to release the episodes.

That being said, I was somewhat bemused by the turn of events that might have possibly happened in this episode, since it might contradicts my assumption that Sabrac was toying with Wilhelmina in the previous episode and considering Sabrac lived for only two episodes. Some villain, relying on his power instead of his brains.
Old 2008-03-06, 23:57   Link #22
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Silly insert songs are silly

And I find it hilarious personally whenever people spazz out over ZOMG JCSTAFF ARE DEAD TO ME AFTER ZERO AND SHANA. Even if those two were simply godawful, they only had... what... three other awesome shows last year? How dare their awesome to not-awesome ratio be only 50%? Can you imagine if Gonzo or Deen had that kind of success rate?

Last edited by aroduc; 2008-03-07 at 00:12.
Old 2008-03-07, 00:08   Link #23
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
And I find it hilarious personally whenever people spazz out over ZOMG JCSTAFF ARE DEAD TO ME AFTER ZERO AND SHANA. Even if those two were simply godawful, they only had... what... three other awesome shows last year? How dare their awesome to not-awesome ration be only 50%? Can you imagine if Gonzo or Deen had that kind of success rate?
Well, it's probably because Zero and Shana are pretty popular and people have high expectations of them. Personally, I think Zero II was awful, but I won't say the same to Shana II. That's not to say I'm not to the least slightly disappointed, though. From the novel's spoiler, I previously thought that Shana II would turn out to be a lot more epic and emotional than it currently is. However, that simply is from too high of an expectation, I suppose.

Or maybe it's because I'm starting to follow anime weekly, as oppose to marathon like in the past. I actually enjoy a series less if I have to wait weekly for it, unless that series has comedy in it.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-03-07, 00:39   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
No offense, but don't you think that putting those novel spoilers here will catch the attention of the moderators?
Yes, it will. I added a whole bunch of spoiler tags, but please don't expect us to do that next time. Posting novel spoilers in an episode thread is a "bannable offense".

So, remember: 1) spoiling future events is not allowed, ever (even in spoiler tags), and 2) if it didn't happen in the anime, use spoiler tags (and make sure to say what the spoilers are from).
Old 2008-03-07, 00:49   Link #25
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

I love this episode full of action!

"urusai! urusai! urusai! ~ ahhh... music for my ears ~

Old 2008-03-07, 09:21   Link #26
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Silly insert songs are silly

They could've tried putting the last forty seconds of Overture 1928 when Shana attacked Sabrac instead.
Old 2008-03-07, 10:47   Link #27
Deathscyther

Great episode. The action was very good and I loved the JOINT song in the climax as well. In my opinion it fitted the scene. This episode did have a final season episode feeling, especially with the inserted song.

But yeah, some parts of this season seemed kind of disappointing, but there were good parts in the season as well. Better to have the Konoe arc spread out over the first few episodes and in the end weaving it together with the canon stuff, then some stupid filler arc in the last few episodes, right?

I agree, season 1 was better than season 2. Probably because it was new to us and there was lots of action. And I think that some people watched it more for the action than for the story behind it.

But I wouldn't say that season 2 was disappointing. I liked the whole season except some of the Konoe arc episodes and the screwed up the love-triangle a bit. But besides that, they did a good job. They handled the canon-stuff pretty good in my opinion. Although the fights were short, they were pretty well handled. The animation was less good in the fight scenes sometimes, but that's because of the low budget probably.

And well, people who are complaining about there being more action in season 1 than in season 2. The novels they animated in season 2 had less action than the first ones, because this season was mostly used to drive the plot forward. Focusing on the side characters (Tanake, Keisaku, Yoshida, Wilhelmina, Yuji's parents...and of course Yuji himself), flashbacks (margery and Yuri), the love-triangle, the silver, and some other things which I'm not going to name here.

While in season one we got straight into the action with Friagne, and then Margery, and then the twins, while the world of SnS was slowly explored during the fights. Don't forget...the balle masque fights in the final episodes in season 1 were filler as well.

So overal, I think they did a good job with the time/money they had to animate this season. And don't forget, it's not over yet. We've still got a few episodes to go.

And we finally saw Yoshida doing something important as well! =D
This Yoshida is much better than the emo-yoshida.
Old 2008-03-07, 11:00   Link #28
ThoHell

Yuji was awesome....nuff said! Oh and Sabrac.....is one insane monster, I don't think any other opponent could have taken on so many opponents by themselves.
Old 2008-03-07, 11:09   Link #29
lua thien
Fallen Exile

About time she finally said the triple urusai after twenty episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
They could've tried putting the last forty seconds of Overture 1928 when Shana attacked Sabrac instead.
Now there's an idea for the english dub but this comes from a Dream Theater fan.

The JOINT track would've been better if it was just instrumental because hearing Kawada Mami sing that during a big fight seems...

...unsuited for the occasion.
Old 2008-03-07, 11:15   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-07, 12:11   Link #31
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
About time she finally said the triple urusai after twenty episodes.

Now there's an idea for the english dub but this comes from a Dream Theater fan.

The JOINT track would've been better if it was just instrumental because hearing Kawada Mami sing that during a big fight seems...

...unsuited for the occasion.
Yeah, the triple shut up is something I haven't heard in awhile. I was like oh....it's back!
Old 2008-03-07, 12:15   Link #32
Deathscyther

Yeah, I was surprised with the triple Urusai as well, but happy nonetheless
I think this was used to show that everything's going back to normal again...to the peaceful days...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2008-03-07, 13:06   Link #33
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Just after I thought last episode was amazing, this was jaw dropping it's hard to believe this isn't the last episode.

Pity Sabrac lasted only two episodes, he was too powerful a "boss" for his own good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
What the heck happened to the king of haxx?

Sabrac failed me for going easy on them ;___;
His "haxx" was snuffed out by Yuji and Margery, and Shana duly incinerated him, as well as all the other unfortunate motionless souls inside the Fuuzetsu.

Though they mostly had no idea they had already died once the Fuuzetsu was patched up. They should be thankful they didn't end up as Torches.

(It looks like "death" via the "good old fashioned physical way" in a Fuuzetsu can be undone, as no PoE was taken away forcefully. Denizens seem to need to trigger a specific process in order to steal a human's PoE and turn him into a Torch. )

Quote:
Highlight...zomg shana says urusai x3 at last! :O
Quoted for Truth. Finally! This just isn't Shana without her trademark line.

Next episode seems to be another calm before the storm, as Yuji becomes resolved to stay and protect his city, come what may.
Old 2008-03-07, 13:54   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep22 preview summary:

Seems my fears will come true after all...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-07, 14:45   Link #35
cnnydz
Feed me

Spoiler for preview:

Last edited by cnnydz; 2008-03-07 at 14:58.
Old 2008-03-07, 16:33   Link #36
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I just saw it. I guess I was a bit hasty on the judgments, but the episode did look very choppy - the animation consisted of short cycling frames and were mostly illustrating the wind blowing, which was unnecessary. Art-wise it was all over the place, off-model designs in one seen OK ones in others.

I'm still unsure of what happened, but nevertheless I'm still rather disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Oh and Sabrac.....is one insane monster, I don't think any other opponent could have taken on so many opponents by themselves.
There's one other who can...
Old 2008-03-07, 16:55   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
His "haxx" was snuffed out by Yuji and Margery, and Shana duly incinerated him, as well as all the other unfortunate motionless souls inside the Fuuzetsu.
I'm rather annoyed by this loop hole...normally when people die they remain dead. But with yuji around, it is like a walking life giver (Jesus!)

Whilst there isn't anything to argue about, it is still hard to swallow how he can heal the whole town effortlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

-______-

Season 3 of "yuji no harem" here we come...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-07, 17:09   Link #38
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
-______-

Season 3 of "yuji no harem" here we come...
I don't think so.
I think they'll have something else in store for us than the harem.
Old 2008-03-07, 19:45   Link #39
Kiyoru

Wow, is it me or was this episode released super fast? I only just got episode 20 a few days ago..
Old 2008-03-07, 20:05   Link #40
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Spoiler for Preveiw: