Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-01, 20:42   Link #1121
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Someone wears pantsuits in this episode? Awesome!!

I really want to hate this show, but I can't, I love it even tho I don't typically watch these kinda series.
But why wan't to hate a show in the first place? =O

Spoiler for 9:
Old 2010-03-01, 21:53   Link #1122
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Well, well, a lot happened here.

And I think some of it has been hinted at since the beginning of the series.

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2010-03-01, 22:35   Link #1123
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

More slice of life goodness

I love how Noel inexplicably has a bird's head cosplay while digging in the garden...

Winter next then....Rio's being recalled home? Wonder if the 1121st will follow her if she does...
Old 2010-03-01, 22:36   Link #1124
OrionCA

Quote:
Someone wears pantsuits in this episode? Awesome!!

I really want to hate this show, but I can't, I love it even tho I don't typically watch these kinda series.
Welcome to the Dark Side. You'll like it here - we have cookies.
OrionCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 00:30   Link #1125
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, a very satisfying episode, for me. Contrived, but emotionally satisfying. Makes up for last week.

Good voice work by Kitamura Eri as Kureha, I thought. And a couple of well-crafted "pantsuit" scenes, lol. A bit of Strike Witches to go along with the Kanamemo.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 06:43   Link #1126
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

So I see that Klaus is more of a farmer than a soldier, but is forced to sign up for the war effort. He managed to get assigned to transport to avoid the fighting. He's also afraid of heights. Still he mans up to the occasion, so it's all good.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 07:13   Link #1127
ReddyRedWolf

Well in any case if Klaus ever decides to settle down he has an option of a very young wife.

Noel was cute this episode. With the bug, the tank toy and sucking Kanata's finger.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 09:57   Link #1128
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Any one take note that the one who didn't eat the bread crusts of her sandwich in Ep 8 is Rio ?? Hmmm... I wonder why ?
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 10:38   Link #1129
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well in any case if Klaus ever decides to settle down he has an option of a very young wife.
Loli? or not? Seems kinda bossy.....
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 10:59   Link #1130
PastPrime

Considering what Rio had to say about hating children and the flashback of her sister in her coffin, I wonder if her sister was killed protecting some children who were someplace they weren't supposed to go. Perhaps even protecting Rio. If Rio was the one being protected then her father blaming her, while what she really needed was his support because she blamed herself, could have driven a wedge between them.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 11:06   Link #1131
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
I thought it was interesting that Rio was saying what she was about obstinate children when she's most likely being
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-02, 11:47   Link #1132
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Loli? or not? Seems kinda bossy.....
Technically speaking girls like Kureha and Kanata are considered adults by their society. We must also note there is currently a depopulation problem.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 19:12   Link #1133
Eater of All
NOM

So whenever Rio is troubled she plays some jazz to relieve stress?

Pretty good episode with a nice blend of seriousness and foreshadowing. Kureha finally feels less annoying and more cute for once - and even got some character development also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Considering what Rio had to say about hating children and the flashback of her sister in her coffin, I wonder if her sister was killed protecting some children who were someplace they weren't supposed to go. Perhaps even protecting Rio. If Rio was the one being protected then her father blaming her, while what she really needed was his support because she blamed herself, could have driven a wedge between them.
Yeah pretty much what I think. The flashback came right after Rio's "If she fell [into the river]...", which led me to believe that was how her sister died too.
Old 2010-03-02, 19:36   Link #1134
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Ahhh... Episode 9... It was definitely a bit better than the last and it was heartwarming...

Besides that... we see Pantsu... I didn't expect that... somehow, part of Strike Witches slipped in...

Rating: 9/10
Old 2010-03-02, 19:44   Link #1135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
So whenever Rio is troubled she plays some jazz to relieve stress?
Well everyone's got their stress relieving activities . Besides she was pushing herself pretty hard there.

Anyways a pretty good episode. Continues moving things forward with the Rio situation. Obviously she's trying to handle it, but is doing a shaky job covering her distraction.

Bit surprised with the Claus situation, but does add some development to him. Definitely a tough spot to have the same name of a famous person you also resemble. At least in terms of living up to expectations if you can't bring yourself to tell the truth. A good guy though that came through when the time came.

Also some nice development for Kureha. Liked how she handled Seiya during that situation. Obviously she's not happy, but she brings out some good points about how to live as an orphan. Even though she definitely saw the lack of tattoo he is still the person she admires.
Old 2010-03-02, 23:49   Link #1136
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

The bug that Noel sees on the dirt pile looks like an enormous sow beetle. It's not a real beetle. It's closer in relation to horseshoe crabs... which aren't really crabs... but I digress.

Sow beetles are found in the soil where there is large amounts of humus or compost. With this knowledge I'm thinking Noel got the duty of mixing compost into the soil. OH YES !!! ONLY THE BEST JOB in gardening. Mixing stinky rotting compost into the soil . LOVELY !!! Poor Noel... No wonder she had her hair covered.

PS: sow beetles are good for the garden, the eat compost leaving their.... manure... to enrich the soil.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 23:58   Link #1137
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
While Kureha was inspecting Klaus' chest he seemed to be inspecting hers as well.
Old 2010-03-03, 00:21   Link #1138
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
While Kureha was inspecting Klaus' chest he seemed to be inspecting hers as well.
ah ha, good one!

I thought the same thing.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 01:00   Link #1139
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
The bug that Noel sees on the dirt pile looks like an enormous sow beetle. It's not a real beetle. It's closer in relation to horseshoe crabs... which aren't really crabs... but I digress.

Sow beetles are found in the soil where there is large amounts of humus or compost. With this knowledge I'm thinking Noel got the duty of mixing compost into the soil. OH YES !!! ONLY THE BEST JOB in gardening. Mixing stinky rotting compost into the soil . LOVELY !!! Poor Noel... No wonder she had her hair covered.

PS: sow beetles are good for the garden, the eat compost leaving their.... manure... to enrich the soil.
You can then infer that she spent the last ep making it!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 01:45   Link #1140
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The way Noel sat on that chair is...
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, music, seinen, slice of life