AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-19, 11:53   Link #41
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I’m sorry but I’m kinda over the whole “white guys pretending to be middle-eastern guys”Prince of Persia could sell itself I think, so I just can’t get excited about Jake Gyllenhal playing this role as if you couldn’t cast somebody that actually appears indigenous to the area...I know, I know cool sword fights and dodging arrows by jumping off of walls, but still the dude is like whiter than 1 dollar aspirin…I was hoping for something a bit more authentic from Disney…
Old 2009-11-19, 12:26   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Your analogies always manage to crack me up.. I personally am not worried about the fact a white guy whiter than a 1 dollar aspirin is representing the role of a indigenous people... no, my worry is it says D-I-S-N-E-Y. Pfffttt...
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 01:29   Link #43
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
What I expect:
Some PotC kind of movie.. but probably worse..
No epic battlefields, no swearing or titities, no blood..
What it will have: a lot of inside jokes.. more inside jokes.. maybe a kiss.. more inside jokes..

Darned
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 11:12   Link #44
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
No epic battlefields, no swearing or titities, no blood..
What epic battlefields? Most of POP was one-on-one or against small groups of enemies. The only epic battles that come to mind are the opening for SOT and what's coming in the Forgotten Sands. What swearing? SOT had excellent dialog without many foul words. What titties? Undead sand chicks in belly-dancer costumes? Hell, what blood? All the enemies were made of sand.

Wait...do you want this to be more like Warrior Within?

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2010-05-05 at 11:37.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 17:45   Link #45
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
What epic battlefields? Most of POP was one-on-one or against small groups of enemies. The only epic battles that come to mind are the opening for SOT and what's coming in the Forgotten Sands. What swearing? SOT had excellent dialog without many foul words. What titties? Undead sand chicks in belly-dancer costumes? Hell, what blood? All the enemies were made of sand.

Wait...do you want this to be more like Warrior Within?
I didn't play any of the newer PoP games.. only the DOS one.. I lived with a DOS PC for years till windows 98 and even then no proper games.
I am just hoping for something a little more mature or that at least shows a bit more grown up-ish. All the above are typical factors taken out of movies that could have been better if Disney had not removed them to fill in the kid slot
Old 2010-05-05, 18:48   Link #46
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
I am just hoping for something a little more mature or that at least shows a bit more grown up-ish. All the above are typical factors taken out of movies that could have been better if Disney had not removed them to fill in the kid slot
This is based on the recent SOT trilogy. The first of this trilogy, The Sands of time, is widely regarded as the best of the three in terms of characters and story. And it was only rated T for teen.

Yet, it still told a great story and had great characters. when blood, foul language, and titties were forced in for the sequel, the overall reaction was a very negative one. Graphic elements like that do not make something more mature. If anything, adding those for the sake of adding them is still childish.

Since they're basing the movie off Sands of Time, it will not need any of the elements you listed nor would I want them shoe-horned in. SOT was excellent without them, Warrior Within sucked because of them(and the glitches), and Two Thrones did its best to return to the SOT feel but still didn't quite get it.
Old 2010-05-05, 19:39   Link #47
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

If this movie turns out anything like Clash of the titans I am going on a murder spree throughout Disney and I will burn the scripts using Walt Disney's cyrogenically frozen zombie corpse

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 22:19   Link #48
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
I didn't play any of the newer PoP games.. only the DOS one.. I lived with a DOS PC for years till windows 98 and even then no proper games.
Bah, I'd rather see a movie w/ a good plotline and none of the "mature" stuff previously mentioned, TBH.

I'm not particularly looking forward to this movie, but that's more because I think they cast the lead poorly... Jake Gyllenhal (however it's spelled) just doesn't seem right for the part...

He might pull it off, who knows...

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 23:32   Link #49
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Giving The Prince a name? Bullshit. He is 'The Prince', that is all there is to it. No etymology or some sort of arabian-esque feel to it, just 'The Prince'.

A friend of mine also brought to my attention the lack of Dahaka. Which was by far, the most heart pounding thing to experience. (Reverse time after he is done saying gibberish, he actually says coherent stuff. Which may I add, just added to the enigmatic and overall fright I had for the thing.)

I can almost guarantee it's going to be turned into a mediocre movie. My favorite platform game.... This is depressing on so many levels.

I hope if they do a Fallout or a Mass Effect movie, they KEEP to the damn names and storyline.

Woe is me. But hey, if you have the optimism then maybe the music will be good!... Though I can see them bastardizing that, too. But I still hope it's a good movie, though my cynical is kicking in and telling me 'That is wishful thinking.'
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 01:50   Link #50
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
It's gonna be Disney music. You can forget about Stuart Chatwood or Godsmack
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 01:57   Link #51
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
It's gonna be Disney music. You can forget about Stuart Chatwood or Godsmack
Thank god for the bolded then.

And here's the movie's score composer
Old 2010-05-06, 15:14   Link #52
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

I think people here are taking what I said out of proportion. When I say more mature themed I do not mean every 5 seconds a swear words, boobs or blood. I am thinking of something that might make a little more sense in terms of plot holes and misunderstood development in storyline, character and reasoning.

The composer is not really my most fav. Cooperation does not equal solo work and imo the solo composed soundtracks are so-so. Might be nice to hear a couple times but I don't think it will enter the big fields.. though a surprise can always happen
Old 2010-05-07, 01:29   Link #53
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Thank god for the bolded then.
I'm sorry, but the soundtrack for Warrior Within, especially the Dahaka's theme, was one of the best ost's I've ever heard in any game.

Quote:
I think people here are taking what I said out of proportion. When I say more mature themed I do not mean every 5 seconds a swear words, boobs or blood. I am thinking of something that might make a little more sense in terms of plot holes and misunderstood development in storyline, character and reasoning.
Of course not. I never expect that sort of thing. You don't need those to have a more mature theme for the story. I agree that it's more about how good and deep the plot is as well as consistent. This movie doesn't promise anything though.
Old 2010-08-26, 05:51   Link #54
Tiberium Wolf

Only today I watched the movie. Well it was ok and enjoyable. It was not a train wreak so I dunno why ppl are complaining.
Old 2010-08-26, 06:26   Link #55
Kafriel
Senior Guest

To be fair to the movie, Prince of Persia rarely shows a shred of actual plot, which facilitates the prince being nameless...but in a movie you gotta have the hero, so it was inevitable. Yeah, Dustan isn't the best name...but hey, at least it's not Mickey!
I enjoyed the movie a lot, I'd give it a 9.2/10 for initiates to the PoP and about 8 for the fans. And back to the plot, it was actually very well-thought of. Having just played the fourth instalment, which made me -criiiinge- (not that it's a BAD game, but #2 kicks its ass), and, and...where was I, oh yes! The actual existence of a coherent plot was pretty refreshing. THe dagger effects were sweet, the princess was hawt, and the brothers trio acted well.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 06:41   Link #56
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Only today I watched the movie. Well it was ok and enjoyable. It was not a train wreak so I dunno why ppl are complaining.
Because they totally missed the point of game.
Old 2010-08-26, 08:29   Link #57
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Because they totally missed the point of game.
Which would be....? The prince saved the world from the sands of time using the dagger, it's pretty much what happens in #1.
Old 2010-08-26, 16:02   Link #58
Gin
*Artist

The only fun thing about this movie was how many times they said the title during the actual movie.
Old 2010-08-26, 17:07   Link #59
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Most people are complaining because it distanced itself greatly from the plot in the games. The names of the characters, especially the Prince, and several other things that made the games so great. But to be honest, after seeing this movie I realize that the plot, although it has its differences, is fundumentally the same as the first game, not to mention there were more things to keep track of in the movie, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. The additional things were actually pretty good. The plot in the game as actually more simple. Where the Vizier in the game was simply after the power of the sands and conquer the world, the Vizier in the movie was out for vengeance and was a lot more cunning and manipulative than Zhervan. This is just one of several examples. Overall, I actually liked the movie in the end. I would, however, like to say that they will make a second movie where the Prince goes to the Island of time to escape the Dahaka, but considering the princess in the movie was basically Khaileena, I don't think that's gonna happen.
Old 2010-08-27, 02:13   Link #60
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Overall, I actually liked the movie in the end. I would, however, like to say that they will make a second movie where the Prince goes to the Island of time to escape the Dahaka, but considering the princess in the movie was basically Khaileena, I don't think that's gonna happen.
Why not? 1 and 2 are very loosely connected, and the Prince met Khaileena only after getting to the island of time. If they make a second movie, I bet it will be amazing...but I wonder which "ending" Disney would go for