AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 03:00   Link #721
dingmajiao

OMG!!! Teru is crazy!!! Now if you look at the name of Teru in Kanji 照, I kinda understand the mirror thingy..

I still hope that Achiga barely miss the finals though..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 03:08   Link #722
Sol Falling

"Did Nodoka win?" "It's better not to know," lol. Achiga's semi-finals are gonna be over pretty long before Kiyosumi's are, clearly. I seriously do wonder what they plan to do with Achiga after this match is over.

Anyway, holy shit Teru, lol. I totally just started smiling and chuckling in anticipation once I realized we'd finally/actually get to see her play starting with this chapter. Exciting chapter.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 03:10   Link #723
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

wow huge chapter this time ^^ lets hope its the same with the original Saki,

lol achiga is now offiicially ahead of Saki atm haha only took 7 chapters

when is Saki due out?
Old 2012-02-11, 05:15   Link #724
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
wow huge chapter this time ^^ lets hope its the same with the original Saki,

lol achiga is now offiicially ahead of Saki atm haha only took 7 chapters

when is Saki due out?
And the thing was, they started at the same timeline from the prefecture tournament..
Old 2012-02-11, 07:46   Link #725
Peanutbutter

Oh my gawd!

Spoiler for Achiga-hen ch 7 huge image:

Just this huge page is enough to triggle the fanboy scream in me. I even shed some tears.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 07:49   Link #726
night_sentinel

Yey... finally we get to see Teru play!!!

Spoiler for Teru play:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 12:41   Link #727
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

I'll be honest, I didn't think there was a thread for the manga. How wrong I was LOL.

Ah, but anyway, @Peanutbutter you're not alone; I fangirl EVERY TIME Shiraitodai's mentioned and more so when they're shown. That, and with a gratuitous amount of evil cackling. Achiga's strong, but they won't stand a chance.

And it's cool we get to see Shiraitodai in action, but what I'm waiting on is character development and interaction among its members. We know a little about Teru and Sumire but not the other three girls (Awai, Seiko, and Takami). It really makes me wish this manga wasn't monthly. I want to know what they're like D:
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 13:45   Link #728
King-Slayer

Damn good chapter. I can't wait for Teru to dominate but i do feel sorry for Kuro. Now if she pulls of the Nine Lanterns thing we see at the ending of Saki, there is no hope for anyone. I think that once this round is over the Achiga manga would end. I mean its not going to continue since its likely that they will be in the finals with Kiyosumi.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 15:12   Link #729
Marina2

Kuro: Toki..... and Teru on the SAME table??? God, you must be kidding me!!!
God: No, I'm serious. Good luck, Kuro.
Old 2012-02-11, 17:49   Link #730
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

oh my god Teru is physic!!
Old 2012-02-12, 01:03   Link #731
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
+1

I feel bad for Kuro.. I know how much she wants to make up for the previous game but....
Old 2012-02-13, 10:04   Link #732
uis

Yo Kuro... Did you see hell ???

Love Teru and Shiraitodai...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 08:05   Link #733
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2
You have to feel bad for Kuro and consequently Yuuki who was hit by the curse of the vanguard courtesy of Mihoko and Jindai ... But, I think we and the players themselves should have expected it.

It comes back to what Hisa said at the beginning of the manga, the strongest player is usually the vanguard. I suppose this is because at the beginning the goal is to collect as many points as possible and if you get a huge lead at the beginning then players following you will not be stressed to win but, your opponents will. Its like a fighting manga, strike first so your opponent will be crippled for the duration of the match.

Ideally, in team battles like this you should allow your strongest to fight their second best, your second best to fight their third best, etc. But. of course in this plan, there is the possibility like what Jun did in the preliminary for the vanguard can drop an opposing team's score below zero its an automatic win. So use your strongest player now or you might not be able use them at all philosophy.

Thinking like this putting the strongest first is actually a very solid and almost risk free strategy.
Old 2012-02-14, 11:55   Link #734
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Teru base ability is the same with saki. Which highest in mahjong world. The sisters can read the flow of tiles. The different is saki can read flow much higher than teru which saki combine with rinshan (tiles in dead wall) to complete her hand. Even teru can't get rinshan as much as saki. But teru has ability to see the hand of other players. NOT all players, just the players that has position in front of teru.

Because of that, the player in front of teru lose much point than the other and it's make teru as agresif players (same as kataoka yuuki). That why she become senbou (vanguard = player that like attacking that give flow of the matches to the team). Unlike saki who fit as taishou (captain = player that has complite control of herself to win the matches in any condition)
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 08:31   Link #735
dingmajiao

I seriously don't think you can be (probably) the strongest player nation-wide if you only target the player in front of you.

I believe the mirror do more than just see the hands of the player in front..
Old 2012-02-15, 09:12   Link #736
Peanutbutter

I should sit tight and be awed with the awesomeness of Teru.

With other players, it takes some thinking to give them abilities without them being too overpowered.

Teru? The sky's the limit.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:32   Link #737
night_sentinel

As most posters have already said, I believe that Teru can see all her opponents hands not just the one in front of her. If I have to guess the reason that Kuro was the first to have a mirror behind her is because her hand is easier to read.

Quote:
I should sit tight and be awed with the awesomeness of Teru.

With other players, it takes some thinking to give them abilities without them being too overpowered.

Teru? The sky's the limit.
This a thousand times this. And I bet the mirror thingy isn't the only ability that Teru has after all many have speculated that she has the nine gates/nine lanterns yakuman move.

Btw, have anyone noticed that Teru was reading a book before the match. Guess which other character likes reading books cough Saki cough. I think its a nice subtle hint on Teru and Saki's relationship...
Old 2012-02-16, 12:17   Link #738
Marina2

My expectation for next Achiga chapter:

Teru - Her ability might work with everyone but maybe only one person at time. I wonder how this ability will help her making Nine gates/Lanterns hand. I hope we will get to see her teammate chatting i next ch. too.

Kuro - Come to think of it, Isn't this suppose to be the final match for Kuro in Achiga-hen?? Even Kuro lost, I think she will do something remarkable at least. (maybe entire dora hand "kazoe-yakuman")

Toki - Senriyama'ace. I think next ch. will be battle between Teru and Toki with Kuro and other school try to get in or avoid the fight. Toki will probably lost to Teru even though she has the ability to predict one round of discard. Somehow, I think the author might play with Toki's condition (Her poor Health) in this match. Still, trying to image Toki's face when she lost is one of the hardest thing LOL. Toki is one my favorite girl in Achiga-hen afte all.

Other school student - Since she played with Teru before, I think she will do the explanation job for us about Teru ability. I like her, you know. I meant she faced Teru before and she's still can make a smile in this match. She might either has strong mind or just very carefree.

(Continue from the last joke)
Kuro: God, can you help me???
God: NO, I refuse to get in the business between DEMONS
Old 2012-02-17, 09:48   Link #739
night_sentinel

Quote:
(Continue from the last joke)
Kuro: God, can you help me???
God: NO, I refuse to get in the business between DEMONS
I also hope that Kuro-chan will do something good. But, with Toki and Teru around it seemed that fate is against her. Personally, if she managed to survive this round with more points than her previous round I'll consider it an achievement itself.

Quote:
Other school student - Since she played with Teru before, I think she will do the explanation job for us about Teru ability. I like her, you know. I meant she faced Teru before and she's still can make a smile in this match. She might either has strong mind or just very carefree.
Kirame Hanada. You know she was very familiar looking to me she appeared. Before this she appeared at 88.5 the Nodoka extra chapter, and was Nodoka's and Yuuki's sempai. It seemed that a lot of people that Nodoka knew is popping all over the place .
Old 2012-02-17, 15:44   Link #740
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

does mangaka even know what she is doing?

12 pages on a monthly scheduled while writing it like it is a weekly serial?

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri