AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-15, 13:26   Link #821
EagleBlue

Damn combat was good this episode. TSFs from a lot of nations appeared. And they used the F-15s. I'm so happy with this episode.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:30   Link #822
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
There are so many sci-fi stories where the aliens go Nom Nom Nom on humans and other sentient life forms. A series by David Weber and a another person, John Ringo and who else?

I read in another thread about Muv Luv where you guys talked about John Ringo and his sense of patriotism. He is one of the authors of Baen which is known for the sheer amount of conservative/libertarian writers who write for that book publishing company.

Although Tom Kratman is insane even by their standards...... (Caliphate and the Desert called peace series)
I always thought that was funny since Baen Chief Editor, Eric Flint, Call himself a Card carrying Communist
Old 2012-07-15, 13:53   Link #823
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I always thought that was funny since Baen Chief Editor, Eric Flint, Call himself a Card carrying Communist
the Ring Of Fire series is basically Industrial Workers of the World Unite! Mixed witth 1630's era politics and religio-social ideals. Of course Eric Flint is more of a libertarian-communist than a soviet union shill.

Episode 3 of Muv Luv was pretty cool. I'll be watching this for the Mechs and the romance.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:02   Link #824
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
the Ring Of Fire series is basically Industrial Workers of the World Unite! Mixed witth 1630's era politics and religio-social ideals. Of course Eric Flint is more of a libertarian-communist than a soviet union shill.
for all the Workers United, 1632 is chuck full of capitalist and bankers.

Quote:
Episode 3 of Muv Luv was pretty cool. I'll be watching this for the Mechs and the romance.
looking forward to it.
Old 2012-07-15, 14:12   Link #825
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
for all the Workers United, 1632 is chuck full of capitalist and bankers.

looking forward to it.
Hell, in a book which was published by Baen featured a time travelling communist who went from 1990 Poland to 1200's Poland and he went full capitalist. Of course he has a rich american cousin who runs a time travelling organization.....

I guess Baen runs on being contrarian to other books being published.
Old 2012-07-15, 14:21   Link #826
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Good episode overall. This would've been episode 1 if they decided not to cover the Siege of Kyoto. The battles were pretty nice if I say so myself. Seeing a TSF using one of its firearms with the mount pylons in animation was a wonderful treat. Plus an insert song from Grandrodeo was included in the episode. Not as good ad Once & Forever, but it's still better than nothing in my subjective opinion.
I'm still hoping we get to hear Insanity or Total Eclipse as an insert song. ;_;

Man, those Eagles and Terminator looked so sexy. Tears... ah... the tears of happiness won't stop. Haha... Oh Stella, I end up liking her even more with that voice of hers. <3
Hmmm.... I bet some of viewers already put on their yuri goggles for Inia and Cryska. lol.

Last but not least, I couldn't help myself, but grin when Yuuya and Yui finally clashed at the end.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:25   Link #827
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

I loved how all the characters were throwing around the word hick (At least in the HS subs they were doing that).
Old 2012-07-15, 14:26   Link #828
webkid94
*Author

Seems like I'm the only one who really likes the opening song. lol

Animation is still jerky (Satelight=Married to CG), but shows promise now that's going to be two-cour series.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:30   Link #829
xizro345
King's Justice

The CG was okay, but the animation was horrible. I think Satelight's doing a worse job than with Symphogear.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:30   Link #830
ookamigirl

Finally! Some guys! About time too.
Yuuya looked very promising. Chobi was really fired up all the time.
Representatives from the countries overrun by BETA acting as a team.
It's a nice idea, but there are always issues to work out.
Their little fighting exercise was pretty interesting to watch.
Looks like some of them need to learn to work with others instead of playing solo all the time.
I liked this episode. It was pretty good.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:32   Link #831
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post

Animation is still jerky (Satelight=Married to CG), but shows promise now that's going to be two-cour series.
I liked the brostepy feel of the OP it's different and I happen to like the singers more energetic songs.

I happen to love CG it gives everything a more 3D feel to it (I loved macross frontier).
Old 2012-07-15, 14:38   Link #832
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
I loathed it in episode one, but I'm starting to get used to it. The 8-bit sound effect when the song starts still gets to me though.

Speaking of OP, I really like the new opening sequence especially the parts with these guys on:

Spoiler for Type-94-1C and Type-00F:

as for the hand drawn animations... Yeah, they leave a lot to be desired. If only I was filthy rich with billions of dollars to waste, I'd definitely support Age. lol
Old 2012-07-15, 14:56   Link #833
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Okay... the TSF battle was awesome this episode, but what was wrong with the coloration?
They messed up the eishi suit neck parts so often, it wasn't funny anymore.

But I liked the ep. A lot. Nice way of intruducing the new characters.

Last edited by Kyral; 2012-07-15 at 15:16.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:12   Link #834
Miraluka
Banned

OPening here.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:14   Link #835
Candyshark

Ouch animation is painful almost shaftian budget shots. How old is Yui 17-18 and already Lieutenant? Yuuya seems like interesting character ambitious, skilled, perceptive.

Question to tech-gurus. What Active was he talking about?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:18   Link #836
juventas

I thought the OP was badass; I can't stop watching it. Love the song, love the title screen with the eclipse, love the soaring mech formations, love the end where they pan up on the group of them walking out of the hangar. It's so cheesy but yet so awesome.
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:33   Link #837
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Ouch animation is painful almost shaftian budget shots. How old is Yui 17-18 and already Lieutenant? Yuuya seems like interesting character ambitious, skilled, perceptive.

Question to tech-gurus. What Active was he talking about?
Let see... She began her training as a cadet at 13 years of age, then spent about 1 year in training so she was 14 during the Siege of Kyoto... She should be 17 at the moment and her rank is 1st Lt.

He was talking about the F-15ACTV Active Eagle. The unit that Tarisa was using.
Old 2012-07-15, 15:56   Link #838
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

After those parting words, I want to see her back in a cockpit and back them up.

Also, was it implied your hair turns white if you stay at Argos base long enough? :/
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:10   Link #839
YF19EX

The character introductions where pretty good. All of them had good chemistry. Yuuya and Stella are a natural team. Yuuya was not what I had expected. I almost expected Isamu Dyson type attitude from what I had read. Other than that, he is a considerate pilot, with natural ability and gets along well with others. But we see his hangups that stem from his half Japanese heritage and its coming out here. Yui's initial attitude toward him did not help that.

Yui does have combat experience and she should have had more of that in the last 3 years since Kyoto. So I assume she should be able to back that up what she said.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:12   Link #840
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

What can I say about episode 3? Those suits are shiny! Never notice it until now.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen