AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-22, 21:45   Link #1021
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

Not entirely Umineko related, but how does one link a separate post that would link in your sig? What thread do these get posted under? I'm thinking of doing a mythbusters style of theory, where instead of saying "person X did it, and here's how" going through all the characters and checking "IF person X did it, this is what they would have to do"
Old 2010-10-25, 22:24   Link #1022
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post
Not entirely Umineko related, but how does one link a separate post that would link in your sig? What thread do these get posted under? I'm thinking of doing a mythbusters style of theory, where instead of saying "person X did it, and here's how" going through all the characters and checking "IF person X did it, this is what they would have to do"
The best thread to put it in would be spoilers and speculations. Then you could just link the post to your signature in your profile settings.

If you don't want to post it in a thread though I've noticed that some people put their notes at dropbox.com.
Old 2010-10-28, 13:05   Link #1023
Lemon Ice

Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, but a question regarding Episode 5 CD Drama:

Thanks in advance
Old 2010-10-31, 03:20   Link #1024
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Can anyone tell me how far the DVD releases have come with the uncensored versions?
Old 2010-10-31, 04:44   Link #1025
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

All of the DVDs have been released as of 22.10. and I'm pretty sure they're all uncensored. If you're talking about fansub releases without censorship, that I can't answer.

As the DVDs have been released in DVD sets I-III, I was wondering if the DVDs inside include the tarot cards? They're probably just normal editions, but could normal editions have tarot cards as well? I don't have money to buy them, but just out of curiosity.

What's up with Japanese DVD prices anyway?

Last edited by Bluemail; 2010-10-31 at 10:18.
Old 2010-11-02, 16:21   Link #1026
Hiera

So... Could you tell me when anime Umineko Chiru will finally come?
Old 2010-11-02, 16:28   Link #1027
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No one would be able to, since there is no date or even production announcement yet.
As long we have no news, it is as good as non existent.
Old 2010-11-03, 23:07   Link #1028
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
All of the DVDs have been released as of 22.10. and I'm pretty sure they're all uncensored. If you're talking about fansub releases without censorship, that I can't answer.

As the DVDs have been released in DVD sets I-III, I was wondering if the DVDs inside include the tarot cards? They're probably just normal editions, but could normal editions have tarot cards as well? I don't have money to buy them, but just out of curiosity.

What's up with Japanese DVD prices anyway?
All DVDs include tarot cards, including Normal Edition.
Old 2010-11-13, 11:24   Link #1029
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Ice View Post
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, but a question regarding Episode 5 CD Drama:

Thanks in advance
I don't think any news of EP5+ voice actors have been announced yet.
Old 2010-11-14, 03:47   Link #1030
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

He/She talks about the fanmade voicedrama of course.

Erikas voiceactor is called 七味 But I have no clue about how it's read.
Old 2010-11-14, 04:45   Link #1031
C-chan
A mere observer

Through Google translator (which I am not sure if accurate or not), it says Qiwei

Notes of A Normal Highschool Girl

Without love, it cannot be seen.
Without love, magic cannot be seen.
Without love, even the truth cannot be seen.

Old 2010-11-20, 20:46   Link #1032
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
He/She talks about the fanmade voicedrama of course.

Erikas voiceactor is called 七味 But I have no clue about how it's read.
Probably Shichimi. It's a common word, probably for a particular 7-spice blend for use with some cooking.

Like this: http://www.shobo-an.co.jp/products/m...i/shichimir15/
Old 2010-11-28, 23:55   Link #1033
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

This is random, but does anyone know Ryukishi07's real name? I don't have stalker-ish intentions, I just want to know sort of like Shannon and Kanon's reveal.
Old 2010-11-29, 17:39   Link #1034
Leafsnail

It's clearly part of the mystery!

...Or I just haven't been searching hard enough.
Old 2010-12-02, 08:33   Link #1035
oompa loompa

Just a small (rookie) question. I've watched the Umineko anime, and am catching up on the VN's ( I mean, I've read from 5 uptil now, and am going through the others right now..)

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not

Spoiler for tea parties 2-3:
Old 2010-12-02, 09:59   Link #1036
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Spoiler for tea parties 2-3:
Spoiler for sort of answer to this:
Old 2010-12-06, 10:32   Link #1037
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
What exactly is going to happen if Battler defeats Beatrice. Will it be the denial of all witches, furniture, and such or something just between Beatrice, Battler and the family?
Old 2010-12-09, 18:36   Link #1038
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

This has wandered through my head numerous times in the past, but I never cared enough to ask about it. I guess for some reason I'm more curious about it now.

Throughout the W-H translation of the VN, Maria's stuffed toy-turned-best friend is referred to alternatively as 'Sakutaro' and 'Sakutarou'. I'm assuming off the bat that this is the same in the Japanese version (さくたろ vs. さくたろう; or perhaps サクタロ vs. さくたろう?), but in any case, why? Is there any specific reason both spellings are used, or are there special circumstances in which one is used rather than the other? I haven't watched the Anime in quite a while, but going by memory I don't recall ever hearing the elongated 'ou' sound noticeably when he was referred to, fitting the 'Sakutaro' spelling...I guess I'm just a little unclear on the whole thing.

Simplifying it, my questions are

A) Is the difference in spelling present in the Japanese version as well?
B) Is there a reason/significance for this?
C) If yes to B, is there a pattern or set of circumstances wherein 'Sakutaro' is used, and then other circumstances where 'Sakutarou' is used, or is it just random?
Old 2010-12-10, 07:28   Link #1039
Myname

What's the chance of a sequel to the anime?
Old 2010-12-10, 10:35   Link #1040
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
This has wandered through my head numerous times in the past, but I never cared enough to ask about it. I guess for some reason I'm more curious about it now.

Throughout the W-H translation of the VN, Maria's stuffed toy-turned-best friend is referred to alternatively as 'Sakutaro' and 'Sakutarou'. I'm assuming off the bat that this is the same in the Japanese version (さくたろ vs. さくたろう; or perhaps サクタロ vs. さくたろう?), but in any case, why? Is there any specific reason both spellings are used, or are there special circumstances in which one is used rather than the other? I haven't watched the Anime in quite a while, but going by memory I don't recall ever hearing the elongated 'ou' sound noticeably when he was referred to, fitting the 'Sakutaro' spelling...I guess I'm just a little unclear on the whole thing.

Simplifying it, my questions are

A) Is the difference in spelling present in the Japanese version as well?
B) Is there a reason/significance for this?
C) If yes to B, is there a pattern or set of circumstances wherein 'Sakutaro' is used, and then other circumstances where 'Sakutarou' is used, or is it just random?
The name "Sakutaro" derives from Maria's favorite anime character "Sakura" from Card Master Sakura (a spoof of Card Captor Sakura).. However Sakura is a female name so Maria replaced the last two letters with "-tarou", which is a very common ending for male Japanese names (kinda like "-ko" for females).
So the lion plush was named Sakutarou. but then, I quote from the novel:

Quote:
So Maria added a boy-like 'tarou' and called him 'Sakutarou'. Eventually, the last 'u' disappeared!
It was never explained why the last "u" disappeared. Maybe it's just because Maria found it easier to pronounce, or liked the name better that way. Anyway this is what happened, and this is why you sometimes see Sakutaro being named Sakutarou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
What's the chance of a sequel to the anime?
Pretty low.

Closed Thread

Tags
q&a