AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 12:36   Link #101
Kanish

Spoiler for Gurren Lagann movie:
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 23:34   Link #102
MaxMaximilianMaximus

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxMaximilianMaximus
Spoiler for speaking of the movie:
MaxMaximilianMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 23:44   Link #103
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I was thinking about something that was confusing me... if this has been asked before, I apoloize...

In the last episode, Team Gurren all stood in front of the Anti-Spiral in giant drills. How exactly was Viral able to use one of these drills considering he isn't able to use spiral power?

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 08:06   Link #104
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Viral's determination and willpower like the others, manifested into spiral energy. It doesn't matter than he didn't have Spiral Energy in the first place, he showed that he was able to have the same spirit as the Gurren-dan, the life force of Spiral Beings.

So together with the rest, who doesn't have the Spiral Energy like Simon, manifested their own drills with their determination and will power.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:45   Link #105
Kanish

Yeah. When has this anime ever had anything do with logic or reasoning.
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 07:34   Link #106
TyG3R

dumb question

Spoiler:

EDIT: I think i found the answer , but hell..

Spoiler:

Last edited by TyG3R; 2010-04-08 at 14:19.
TyG3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 15:03   Link #107
Nosauz

No they aren't in love, simon pretty much ends up loving nia, and in the end it doesn't even really make sense why she falls for kitan, other than kitan has always had a crush on her. Actually it's somewhat implied till the lead up of kamina's death that yoko likes both of them, but most likely with the revalation of the death of Kamina's father you have a sense of attachment plus age difference between yoko and simon push her toward Kamina. And although I question the logic of yokoxkitan, I still love his death scene, with row row fight the power in the back ground, it still sends shivers down my spine thinking about it.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 15:46   Link #108
TyG3R

Quote:
No they aren't in love
I know that. Simon was already in love with that Nia girl , and she gave up on Yoko because of Kamina(we know how much Simon ''loved'' him)

Quote:
Actually it's somewhat implied till the lead up of kamina's death that yoko likes both of them, but most likely with the revalation of the death of Kamina's father you have a sense of attachment plus age difference between yoko and simon push her toward Kamina.
And.. hell , wiki says that Yoko and Simon are the same age. Yes , Yoko seems older , she is more mature , she is more taller etc..

I thought that at the end they will get over it and be together , not become some unknown people. Nia was dead , Kamine was dead , that Kittan boy was dead.

And yes.. about Kittan , i don't really think that she falls for him , the kiss didn't seem mutual.

Thank you !

Last edited by TyG3R; 2010-04-09 at 07:10.
Old 2010-04-10, 16:04   Link #109
TyG3R

another question , sorry for dp.

Why was Kittan in Yoko's wedding scene instead of Kamina, even though they were both dead at that point?

Last edited by TyG3R; 2010-04-11 at 05:55.
Old 2010-04-10, 18:20   Link #110
Madal
All you need is love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyG3R View Post
another questin , sorry for dp.

Why was Kittan in Yoko's wedding scene instead of Kamina, even though they were both dead at that point?
Sounds like the exact same question the staff was asked at one panel lol. So I'll just quote their answear first and then give my own thoughts.

Imaishi said:
"We had to be discreet about showing Kamina holding the television and besides, would those two really be happy about getting married?"
"Nah, it's useless (laughter)"

So basicly, if Yoko is supposed not to care about such things as marriage, than why would it appear in her alleged "dream world"? Besides that, that sort of jumping ahead is not very Yoko to me... The thing is that all those parallel dimensions the cast experiences might be nothing more than random illusions implanted by the AS messing with their minds, using scraps of their memory (Lgann-hen sorta points to that interpretation because the dreams are even more random) and Kittan being perhaps the most fresh memory of her's. Or maybe it's for the drama? To mess with our heads? I don't think she actually whishes to marry Kittan. I think it was rather supposed to make the ground for her brief reunion with Kamina, as I read all the thought that was put in that scene. But you know what? The TV set Kamina is holding is Yoko's very own TV. What's that suppose to mean?

Last edited by Madal; 2010-04-11 at 01:39.
Madal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 19:27   Link #111
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madal View Post
Sounds like the exact same question the staff was asked at one panel lol. So I'll just quote their answear first and then give my own thoughts.

Imaishi said:
"We had to be discreet about showing Kamina holding the television and besides, would those two really be happy about getting married?"
"Nah, it's useless (laughter)"

So basicly, if Yoko is supposed not to care about such things as marriage, than why would it appear in her alleged "dream world"? Besides that, that sort of jumping ahead is not very Yoko to me... The thing is that all those parallel dimensions the cast experiences might be nothing more than random illusions implanted by the AS messing with their minds, using sraps of their memory (Lgann-hen sorta points to that interpretation because the dreams are even more random) and Kittan being perhaps the most fresh memory of her's. Or maybe it's for the drama? To mess with our heads? I don't think she actually whishes to marry Kittan.
Yep, I remember reading that quote. And I want to add that a possible reason that Kittan was marrying Yoko was because Kamina died. Yes, it's possible to love someone else too. It was a "what-if", like if Kittan lived through it, they might have actually gotten married. There could be several different paths that people could of walked.

Quote:
I think it was rather supposed to make the ground for her brief reunion with Kamina, as I read all the thought that was put in that scene. But you know what? The TV set Kamina is holding is Yoko's very own TV. What's that suppose to mean?
I don't think it's so much as a "brief reunion" for Kamina to be the one holding the tv. After all, she loved him the most of all, and he was important to her. I think the reason that he is holding her tv was because he was probably the most important figure in Yoko's life. Kamina was the most important one in Simon's life too, therefore he appeared before Simon as well.
Old 2010-04-11, 01:36   Link #112
Madal
All you need is love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I don't think it's so much as a "brief reunion" for Kamina to be the one holding the tv. After all, she loved him the most of all, and he was important to her. I think the reason that he is holding her tv was because he was probably the most important figure in Yoko's life.
Yeah, I should rather say 'short' than 'brief', because I make myself like I didn't attach any importance to that scene and it is quite the contrary. I think that this scene is profound and speaks volumes because words are needless between them. I read that it was intended to avoid any chatter- just the two people who need nothing more in the little time that is given to them, than each others presence. The place of their reunion also being the one that witnessed their separation (more or less Otsuka's words). By 'making the ground' I meant that the apearance of Kittan is used to distinguish what is fake and what is her true reality, that only Kamina can wake her up for the reality. (Just like Re-l from Ergo Proxy has awaken Vincent and became his reality)

Quote:
Kamina was the most important one in Simon's life too, therefore he appeared before Simon as well.
Equally, Simon and Yoko were the most important for Kamina and that's why he hurried for them- I think it was also his own will to meet them. Though this assumption is based partly on his narration of that time from his and Simon's picture book. After his death, up untill now it was only Simon who got to tell the events. Well, what I want to get through is that he's not just a projection of Simon's and Yoko's memory but a self-conscious being.

/insert signature here/
Madal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 06:04   Link #113
TyG3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madal View Post
Lol , it's the same , i did copy and paste because i didn't understand their answer.

Thank you , both of you ! I think that's ok now..
Old 2010-04-13, 06:27   Link #114
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanish View Post
Yeah. When has this anime ever had anything do with logic or reasoning.
Surpass the impossible and kick reason to the curb. That's the Dai-Gurren-Dan way!

Finished rewatching TTGL yesterday and God, I still love it.

Now to finally watch the movies.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:14   Link #115
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Movies? Gurren-hen was kinda lame, I like lagann-hen a million times better. Cool new scenes and most of the brigade lives = win.
Old 2010-07-21, 08:46   Link #116
hackled

Possible of a 2nd season? Even with so many hintings?

The character Nakim in episode 21 maybe = Blue haired gar commander in episode 1.

He was nicknamed Nakim the Treeclimber, similar to Simon the Digger
Blue hair weakling, but maybe we'd see the similar character development like Simon later on.
Witnessing the sun and moon view with Yomako as Simon did with Kamina and Yoko.

If not, then I believe there should be a reason to why Gainax decided to show so much and imply so much on the little boy lol.
hackled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 13:44   Link #117
Araxiel

I think Nakim's whole nickname deal was meant to parallel Simon's, certainly, and he was also there to show the whole 'next generation' thing Simon goes on about in the last episode- that they're fighting for all the people that have been before them in the past, and all those who'll make the path into the future- and his becoming a Grapearl pilot in the epilogue underscores that.
In summary: we see him as a kid not dissimilar to how Simon was; Simon talks about what people will do in the future; then one of the last things we see is that same little kid, all grown up and shooting off into space in a robot to meet the Spiral races and do his part in forging the future.
That's what I read from the whole Nakim deal, and why Gainax spent time on him. There's not much to suggest he may be Captain Garlock, but at the same time, there's no reason why he couldn't be, and Gurren Lagann pulls weird stuff all the time.

Aaaaanyway, I have a question of my own. :3

Part of why I like Gundam and other series is that there are mech designs and official lineart diagrams of all the mecha available. Does anyone know if there are similar diagrams available for the machines of Gurren Lagann?

Quote:
Movies? Gurren-hen was kinda lame, I like lagann-hen a million times better. Cool new scenes and most of the brigade lives = win.
Not to mention all those Tengen Toppa Gunmen. Droooool.
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 18:18   Link #118
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackled View Post
Possible of a 2nd season? Even with so many hintings?

The character Nakim in episode 21 maybe = Blue haired gar commander in episode 1.

He was nicknamed Nakim the Treeclimber, similar to Simon the Digger
Blue hair weakling, but maybe we'd see the similar character development like Simon later on.
Witnessing the sun and moon view with Yomako as Simon did with Kamina and Yoko.

If not, then I believe there should be a reason to why Gainax decided to show so much and imply so much on the little boy lol.
Hell no. A second season with Nakim as the main would be horrible. Why ruin something that was so unique and epic? Sure, his name was a reference to Simon's, but it doesn't mean he could possibly have more Spiral power (or anywhere close for that matter) than him. Besides, it showed that he enlisted, which infers that he grew up and stood up for himself. The sun and moon scene was supposed to be nostalgic for Yoko and in a sense make her see that she needed to go back to the Gurren Brigade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
I think Nakim's whole nickname deal was meant to parallel Simon's, certainly, and he was also there to show the whole 'next generation' thing Simon goes on about in the last episode- that they're fighting for all the people that have been before them in the past, and all those who'll make the path into the future- and his becoming a Grapearl pilot in the epilogue underscores that.
In summary: we see him as a kid not dissimilar to how Simon was; Simon talks about what people will do in the future; then one of the last things we see is that same little kid, all grown up and shooting off into space in a robot to meet the Spiral races and do his part in forging the future.
That's what I read from the whole Nakim deal, and why Gainax spent time on him. There's not much to suggest he may be Captain Garlock, but at the same time, there's no reason why he couldn't be, and Gurren Lagann pulls weird stuff all the time.

Aaaaanyway, I have a question of my own. :3

Part of why I like Gundam and other series is that there are mech designs and official lineart diagrams of all the mecha available. Does anyone know if there are similar diagrams available for the machines of Gurren Lagann?

Not to mention all those Tengen Toppa Gunmen. Droooool.
I agree on the Nakim part except that the Gar captain in the beginning IS Simon. You can tell by his cape, ship, and flag. Also, he was the only one who could have possibly looked that way plus have the core drill.

I don't think there are any mech designs for the mechas, but there could be some made by fans. Have you google'd it?

And yes, that whole ending part was legit.
Old 2010-11-05, 10:12   Link #119
Araxiel

Quote:

I don't think there are any mech designs for the mechas, but there could be some made by fans. Have you google'd it?
Yeah, no joy. The best I can find are the Grapearl diagrams in the Tengenkadou kit manual.
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 09:38   Link #120
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'd like to ask a question.

How Leeron can be still young enough at the end of the show as we shown that even Rossiu and Simon get older ?

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote