AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 20:01   Link #341
Fluegel

Nana wasn't stupid like the PSS. She knew the world was over anyways even if the last 7 were defeated, so what was the point?

Also it's Gibson. They just screwed up with the engrish as always.

Also Black Rock Shooter technically doesn't even exist. It's just the title of the franchise. She's never referred to as such, and even WRS is never referred to anything other than Sing-Love.

The only time you'll see it is during the information pane when attacking, ete for the player to know.
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 20:21   Link #342
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
Huke is simply that character designer and artist. He doesn't make the games or any of that stuff.
But then shouldn't he hold original creator rights?

Quote:

Also Black Rock Shooter technically doesn't even exist. It's just the title of the franchise. She's never referred to as such, and even WRS is never referred to anything other than Sing-Love.

The only time you'll see it is during the information pane when attacking, ete for the player to know.
And in the dialogue captions....She's referred to as BRS throughout even if none of the characters call her that...
Old 2011-08-29, 20:23   Link #343
Fluegel

He does hold them. To the designs that is along with the name. ImageEpoch also earns rights to the game itself.

And again, that's just for the players.

Last edited by Fluegel; 2011-08-29 at 20:35.
Old 2011-08-29, 20:47   Link #344
Kimera_Kuroaki

Hmm, the other lolis seems interesting o.o It's a shame they're all dead e.e

About BRS, maybe that's like, the project name or something, but everyone just called her by her real name so it was never used.
Kimera_Kuroaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 23:48   Link #345
Shadow5YA

Huke has rights to all BRS designs. Even for this game they put a copyright to his name at the bottom of the title screen... I think. It could have been in the credits. However, he's not the only one with rights to the franchise. If I recall correctly BRS is also owned by Good Smile Company.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 23:54   Link #346
Berzerker2k5

The milking continues..... So Gray was a bad ass before? oh how much she has decayed.

Anyone noticed that the officially posted videos (the ones that appeared months or weeks before the game's released) spoiled too many things about the game? It is as if a lot of the significant parts were shown, especially that vid showing the battle with Azuma.

Coincidentally, it seems that a number of the speculations I came up with turned out to be true.

1) The game will be short.
This is BRS we are talking about. Since the character was just a design/concept in the first place, there was no established canon about the character ever made. Since its not related to the OVA, a new (and unrelated) story had to built from scratch. Since this game was announced late last year, it was pretty evident that it wasn't going to be long. Coming up with good (I am not saying that game's story was bad!) and longer stories can take more than a year to make.

2) No civilians. Their presence might have made the story longer.

3) The 11(?) human survivors will perish. I had a gut feeling that they'd have very little air time.

4) Gray dies. I started thinking about this after the game's opening was shown in the net. Its because she was never present. Of course this is disproven in the 'true' end.

5) WRS' 2nd form. Right after I watched the first video where WRS was introduced, I was considering that she'd have 2nd form. After all, that concept is a videogame staple. The end of the newer video all about her just answered my suspicions.

The game is ok, but I somewhat disliked the setting of a post-apocalyptic earth. I am not complaining about the setting, but it's only a matter of prefence. To me, the OVA's backgrounds were closer to Huke's designs. His drawings always made me think of an alternate world that wasn't of our own. Much like the Mortal Kombat games, I loved the backgrounds found in MKI and MKII because of their otherworldly feel, which gave it an aura of authenticity. MKIII's style of putting real world-like places turned me off somehow.

Some thoughts of mine;

Remember that Final Promise Story came with a BRS: The Game disk? I know most people didn't care about FPS. but many bought it anyway just because of the BRS disk that came with it.

Gray is unarmed throughout the whole game. Concerning her gun, it is never seen and used until the part where we see she gets carried to be taken away by the robot. How did that gun get there? hammerspace?
Berzerker2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 23:56   Link #347
Fluegel

No they don't. GSC has rights for the Figmas and Nendroids and such, but they do not own BRS in any ways. Just like everything they create figmas and figures for. They're basically just a toy company.

You asking about hammer space when Stella's taking out weapons out of nowhere that are twice as big as she is? Also Stella's mid to end game gear all belonged to Nana when she was younger. Nana even makes a comment on the size of the shorts.

Quote:
2) No civilians. Their presence might have made the story longer.
That's because they're dead. In the mission where they go to Moscow, they go there to find Nana because she's literally the last woman on earth.

And considering dialogue at the end of Stella's movie, and also the fact that when she wasn't fighting in the opening she was alone and sad, that gave it away months ago that pretty much everyone was going to die.
Old 2011-08-30, 00:11   Link #348
Shadow5YA

I would have sympathized with Nana more if her main issue was also the death of her comrades like Stella. She could have been a hardened more cynical version of Stella after seeing death after death and being alone for much longer, but instead she decided to whine about how daddy loved her sister more.

It also didn't help that Nana did not fight once over the course of the game. The only times she ever attacks is 1) when she uses Llwo's bowgun to blast Stella and 2) in the true end when she uses her own handgun to blast the mecha that was carrying her off to WRS. Throughout the whole rescue Nana ordeal I couldn't help but feel that Nana wanted to die. If Nana had resigned herself because everyone she cared about died, then I would have understood, but wanting to die just because she wasn't the favorite sibling made her look incredibly petty.
Old 2011-08-30, 00:17   Link #349
Fluegel

That's because all her good gear she gave to her little sister. And she was basically living alone over the frozen ruins of Moscow in the cabin. (You can see the city under the ice)

She clearly had enough of it all. Aside from the family issue, all her other sisters were dead, humanity was basically wiped out, and there was no point in fighting. The defeat the aliens, but whats left? She gets knocked up trying to restart the human race one PSS member at a time? Albeit that will happen at C81. wait for it.
Old 2011-08-30, 00:38   Link #350
Shadow5YA

Quote:
That's because all her good gear she gave to her little sister. And she was basically living alone over the frozen ruins of Moscow in the cabin. (You can see the city under the ice)

She clearly had enough of it all. Aside from the family issue, all her other sisters were dead, humanity was basically wiped out, and there was no point in fighting. The defeat the aliens, but whats left? She gets knocked up trying to restart the human race one PSS member at a time? Albeit that will happen at C81. wait for it.
See, I would have sympathized with her if she didn't exaggerate the family issue. Had I not seen Huke's artbook, I never would have known that she and Stella had more sisters. With just the story alone, it seemed more like she was tired of Stella than she was tired of losing everything.
Old 2011-08-30, 00:58   Link #351
Fluegel

She had her inferiority complex, but she did care for Stella, even if she didn't show it much. She was basically tsundere the entire time. Stella was the last...well anything she ever had. And not to mention as how Nana lost all of her comrades and was alone, Stella just lost all of hers as well.

They were basically 2 of a kind, and Stella going through everything Nana already went through. Passing on her gear was also part of that symbolism.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:21   Link #352
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I want that figma. Gimme gimme gimme.

It truly does sound like the game was a flunk, really, at least in my opinion. The flaws I've heard sound like something that I would avoid altogether.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:28   Link #353
Berzerker2k5

Is it just me or Halo comes to mind?

Givson 7 reminds me of the Noble team from Halo Reach, and it takes place before Combat Evolved (part 1). They are a team and they all perish, save for one member. In Combat Evolved, it is Master Chief alone, with a bunch of regular human soldiers.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:38   Link #354
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I want that figma. Gimme gimme gimme.

It truly does sound like the game was a flunk, really, at least in my opinion. The flaws I've heard sound like something that I would avoid altogether.
I don't know what other people think. .hack//IMOQ didn't have very good gameplay either but it was a successful series.

This game has a decent story, but until the second game comes out there are too many loose ends.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:42   Link #355
Fluegel

Actually my 1st thoughts when I looked at the art book were in fact Noble team. With Nana as 6....At 1st.

However unlike Nana who was a proto-type and Stella, Master chief had nothing to do with them, and also he came before all of them being a Spartan-2 where as Noble team were nothing but Spartan-III's. (Basically mass production spartan II's).

At least in 6's case, He/she despite only being III was, was regarded as a Hyper-lethal vector, and actually on par with the Chief.

If anything, The Gibson 7 were probably more like ODSTs, with Nana being the normal but still badass Sgt. Avery Johnson. (Johnson was a Spartan-I )

.hack// was only mediocre at best. Story was great, but the gameplay, and the horrible and bland main character of Kite was just too boring. It's what happens when they try to show little of the character to try and get the player to fill the role.

Where as with GU they abandoned that formula and just had a main character who was himself. And it worked, Haseo is still the most popular character in the franchise.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:44   Link #356
Berzerker2k5

Quote:
Actually my 1st thoughts when I looked at the art book were in fact Noble team. With Nana as 6....At 1st.

However unlike Nana who was a proto-type and Stella, Master chief had nothing to do with them, and also he came before all of them being a Spartan-2 where as Noble team were nothing but Spartan-III's. (Basically mass production spartan II's).

At least in 6's case, He/she despite only being III was, was regarded as a Hyper-lethal vector, and actually on par with the Chief.

If anything, The Gibson 7 were probably more like ODSTs, with Nana being the normal but still badass Sgt. Avery Johnson. (Johnson was a Spartan-I )
I agree with you. Similar yet at the same time, different.
Old 2011-08-30, 02:04   Link #357
Fluegel

Also while I'm sure my photos from my book gave it away, I did indeed open the White edition. Mainly because I didn't want to feel like I paid 146 bucks for a shiny box.

It actually all looked a lot bigger in the nico video. But I guess the girl just had some tiny freaking hands.
Old 2011-08-30, 09:05   Link #358
Kimera_Kuroaki

Well, figmas aren't that big, so yeah, the girl had tiny hands xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Huke has rights to all BRS designs. Even for this game they put a copyright to his name at the bottom of the title screen... I think. It could have been in the credits. However, he's not the only one with rights to the franchise. If I recall correctly BRS is also owned by Good Smile Company.
Although Fluegel said they only own the figmas and nendos, if I remember correctly GSC has some rights over BRS, that's why they keep making figurines like there's no tomorrow XD Sometimes I wonder how much Huke wins out of all the BRS merchandise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker2k5 View Post
Is it just me or Halo comes to mind?

Givson 7 reminds me of the Noble team from Halo Reach, and it takes place before Combat Evolved (part 1). They are a team and they all perish, save for one member. In Combat Evolved, it is Master Chief alone, with a bunch of regular human soldiers.
Well, Huke seems to be a fan of Halo and those kind of games, so it's no surprise for me XD
Kimera_Kuroaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:58   Link #359
Fluegel

Actually if anything, they were probably based on Delta from Gears of War. Huke's actually a huge fan of the series. In fact not only is he a fan, but he designed Stella's weapon, the Daiharukon (The one you start with in the tutorial), modeled after the trade mark lancer from Gears of War. He even gave Stella her own personal logo similar to ghe gears logo.

http://huke.blog.shinobi.jp/

Old 2011-08-30, 12:33   Link #360
Shadow5YA

Quote:
.hack// was only mediocre at best. Story was great, but the gameplay, and the horrible and bland main character of Kite was just too boring. It's what happens when they try to show little of the character to try and get the player to fill the role.

Where as with GU they abandoned that formula and just had a main character who was himself. And it worked, Haseo is still the most popular character in the franchise.
I dunno, I think the original series was successful enough, especially if they have to throw in a Kite lookalike in every installment to the franchise. I agree the gameplay was mediocre, but the story seemed enough to carry the series. I'm hoping the story will be enough to make the BRS game series a success too.