AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 06:56   Link #1621
kazzuya13

I think in the picture is stella and Sena's mom.
I think I read somewhere that St. Chronica academy is a type of rich prepschool then that means every member of the Club is rich then in my speculation that means the reason whyy yukimura is crossdressing might be because she is from an "old" family which dictates the heir must be male or something.
And it came to me that this LN might have the longest prologue ever(8 vol).
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:04   Link #1622
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquaredCircle View Post
I agree with the history on Kodaka and Sena's mom at St. Chronica. Regarding the uniform on Stella, have you payed close attention to it, take a closer look at the skirt color (something that identifies several highschools, regarding the uniform), it's actually grey, and not green, which is St. Chronica's color. On the other hand this blond character is wearing the same black bows on her hair in both images, now I'm confused...
I think the definitive reason why this blonde girl is NOT Stella and is indeed Sena's mom (assuming the little girl is Sena or Stella) is the age gap between them in the cover. The girl in the cover looks more or less 17-18-19 and the girl is super small. But Sena is 17 and Stella is in her mid 20s, so the difference wouldn't be so big in the end

And of course, the fact that she's blushing with Pegasus on a date with Kodaka's parents, that's something you don't do with your father.

Last edited by ueXia; 2013-03-15 at 09:31.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:37   Link #1623
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

How about... Kobato is actually Pegasus' daughter and was adopted into Kodaka's family?

Mind = Blown

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:24   Link #1624
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
How about... Kobato is actually Pegasus' daughter and was adopted into Kodaka's family?

Mind = Blown
I think the woman next to Kodaka's father is actually Sena's mother and the blushing one Kodaka's

But yeah Kobato and Sena are definitely related in one way or another. The two mothers look too similar tbh.
If you just put Sena next to Kobato the two of them will look good next to another.
The anime didn't use this wording (unlike most anime who would have hinted it this way), but let a random character think Sena was Kobato's mother.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-03-15 at 10:36.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:48   Link #1625
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I think the woman next to Kodaka's father is actually Sena's mother and the blushing one Kodaka's

But yeah Kobato and Sena are definitely related in one way or another. The two mothers look too similar tbh.
If you just put Sena next to Kobato the two of them will look good next to another.
The anime didn't use this wording (unlike most anime who would have hinted it this way), but let a random character think Sena was Kobato's mother.
So the cover is showing Kodaka's mother with her niece, Sena? It's not a bad assumption at all .. there are plenty of possibilities but I don't think Stella is one of those.
Old 2013-03-15, 10:56   Link #1626
novalysis

If that's the case, then Kobato and Sena are cousins. And in an Only Child family, cousins are closest thing you've got to actual siblings.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:09   Link #1627
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Its just a thought, since the the girl with the eyepatch looks a lot more like Kobato than the Woman next to her, who does in return look moe like Sena than like Kobato.

The only problem I would see with this is that 2 year old Sena must have been pretty big by then because if she was older than 2 on this picture Kodaka's mother would be dead by then already. oO.
On the other hand she doesn't seem to have an eyepatch either.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:14   Link #1628
JamJackEvo

The Proof Spoiler below this line is a loli-type NSFW, so... m'yeah...

Spoiler for NSFW Proof of Stella not being the Twin-tailed girl in the cover:

^ This is my proof for Stella not being the twin-tailed girl. The little child there is obviously Sena. In this picture, Stella is still fourteen, thus a middle schooler.

From what I can interpret about CONNECT and the pictures provided:
Spoiler for Spoiler Discussion:

For those who want to see most, if not all (I can't say for certain), of the pictures provided in CONNECT, there's this Spanish site I found.

http://www.richirocko.com/haganai-connect-spin-off/

The second to last picture... another unknown character. Seriously, who is she supposed to be?! Her hair must be brown, because of the lighter shading, with some blonde tresses (but that's more likely Buriki's hair-reflecting-light style). But if she does have brown hair with blonde tresses, that's Mrs. Hasegawa written all over it, yet I read somewhere in the LN that Kodaka implied his mother had fully blonde hair. This is just getting more confusing...

With too little information to go on, I honestly wish that there's someone here who can read Japanese or Mandarin and translate for us a summary of CONNECT so that they can set the record straight. Anyone here who can do this favor for us? Anyone?

Last edited by JamJackEvo; 2013-03-15 at 11:18. Reason: A few grammar mistakes
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:24   Link #1629
Miraluka
Banned

Guys, the girls in the cover are a child Stella and her mother.
The illustration JamJackEvo posted is when Stella was older and moved to Japan and started living with the Kashiwazaki.

Those in the second illustration from left to Right are Stella's mother, Kodaka's deceased mother, Kodaka's father and Pegasus.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:34   Link #1630
JamJackEvo

Finally!

Someone set the record straight. There you have it, people. Thanks for that, Wilfriback.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a certain Haganai fanfic I need to rewrite.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:59   Link #1631
ueXia

EDIT: Thinking about it, it does make sense that she's Stella's mother and why the uniform is different.

Last edited by ueXia; 2013-03-15 at 12:54.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:19   Link #1632
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Guys, the girls in the cover are a child Stella and her mother.
The illustration JamJackEvo posted is when Stella was older and moved to Japan and started living with the Kashiwazaki.

Those in the second illustration from left to Right are Stella's mother, Kodaka's deceased mother, Kodaka's father and Pegasus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post
Finally!

Someone set the record straight. There you have it, people. Thanks for that, Wilfriback.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a certain Haganai fanfic I need to rewrite.
Could you please tell us the source of this?

Old 2013-03-15, 12:40   Link #1633
Johnny
Working the bags...

If you haven't checked some of it was discussed way back on page 68. Scroll down to lkostas's post and go from there. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but at least it's a start...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 12:56   Link #1634
ueXia

If I remember correctly, Stella's mother was an exchange student and gave birth to Stella back in England. Hmm .. there is no need for a time-warp in the cover after all, that would explain the different uniform and chibi Stella.

But still, the uncanny resemblance to Kobato is a mistery. I don't think Stella's mom is Kodak's mom sister, why would they be separated anyway? So they are probably cousins ... but it's damn weird that your daughter ended up looking like your cousin o.o
Old 2013-03-15, 13:12   Link #1635
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

^ Let's not forget that pegasus has a "thing" for blondes, so it would not be out of the question that before the mom of Kobato/Kodaka give birth to them, she gave birth to Stella first <--- now that would be a complicated family tree.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:40   Link #1636
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
^ Let's not forget that pegasus has a "thing" for blondes, so it would not be out of the question that before the mom of Kobato/Kodaka give birth to them, she gave birth to Stella first <--- now that would be a complicated family tree.
Haha, no that can't be. According to spoilers Stella's mom is till in England (alive) and married to another man. It also would be too much of a stretch.
Another thing while looking at that parents reunion: I think Kodaka inherited his fierce, delinquent look from his mother, his father looks so tame in comparison.
Old 2013-03-15, 14:04   Link #1637
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
I think Kodaka inherited his fierce, delinquent look from his mother, his father looks so tame in comparison.
He inherited the (japanese) face of his father and the blond hair of his mother.

Kodaka once said that he wished that he had inherited the looks of his mother like Kobato. So he really likes blond and blue-eyed people.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 14:31   Link #1638
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
If you haven't checked some of it was discussed way back on page 68. Scroll down to lkostas's post and go from there. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but at least it's a start...
I did and no one really said the girl in the picture was stella's mother. I read some background information on Stella but thats it - i didn't press the links though

Old 2013-03-15, 16:09   Link #1639
Johnny
Working the bags...

I highly doubt it was Stella's mother...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 16:12   Link #1640
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Attention x818 picture
Spoiler for The pictures finalfury probably meant::

We can now guess who is whose mother; but yeah the two woman look pretty alinke. Maybe sisters oO?
But seriously its hard to tell who is who.
From the looks of it i'd say the kobato alike is Kodaka's mother and the woman next to Kodaka's father is Sena's.
Then again Kobato-alike holds chibi sena in her arms lol
I'm going to have to debunk Wilfriback's position that the cover is Stella and Stella's mother: The older girl is wearing a Butler's suit. The cover is Stella at age 15-16, beginning to work for Pegasus as a butler to take care of Sena, with her younger half-sister Sena with her on the cover.

2nd pic, the LN says the two girls aren't related. The girl with the eyepatch is Kodaka and Kobato's mother, while the other girl is Stella's mother. This is a scene from Pegasus' high school days, and Pegasus haven't met his fiancee (Sena's mother) by this point yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post

Mind = Blown
Yeah, no. It's confirmed that Kobato is really Kodaka's sister. Kodaka's father was there when she's born.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen