AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-04-25, 16:57   Link #181
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuya View Post
Well i just finished all the series, main arcs to summer special..

I must say my favorite was the first 1-7 epi's, as a lack of understanding took a bit toward the end, not to mention the sadness and lack of yukito in person.
I liked the early eps best too, it gets too depressing later on. There's plenty of sadness in the early eps too, but it's more constructive in that things get resolved, even though the resolution is bittersweet in the case of Minagi & Michiru. Mind you, after reading all the interpretations of the series that offer hope for Misuzu and Kanna, I intend to rewatch the later episodes to see if I can see them in a better light than I did originally, when Misuzu's victories—having a happy summer for once; making a friend—seemed so pitiful in comparison to the price she paid.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 11:26   Link #182
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Kinny Riddle: Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
when Misuzu's victories—having a happy summer for once; making a friend—seemed so pitiful in comparison to the price she paid.
Might seem pitiful at first, but it really shows how kind and modest Misuzu is. Instead of asking for a long happy life, she was just satisfied with a short but extremly happy one (from her point of view). When I first watched it I got really depressed too and sometimes when I hear aozora or watch the ending I cry. But in general, I could never ask for a better ending than this one (although I didn't like Yukito staying as humen in the movie)
Old 2007-05-01, 06:00   Link #183
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
Kinny Riddle: Thanks for the info!

Might seem pitiful at first, but it really shows how kind and modest Misuzu is. Instead of asking for a long happy life, she was just satisfied with a short but extremly happy one (from her point of view). When I first watched it I got really depressed too and sometimes when I hear aozora or watch the ending I cry. But in general, I could never ask for a better ending than this one (although I didn't like Yukito staying as humen in the movie)
Her life was far from a happy one, even from her POV. The only amount of happiness she experienced was with the arrival of Yukito. She was distant with her "mother", and she had no friends at school, despite wanting to have some. (She was close to crying/very depressed at one point when she came out of the school).

While the curse might have been lifted in the end, and the next reincarnation might have a happy life, as far as Misuzu herself is concerned - her life was nothing short of tragic.
Old 2007-05-01, 10:00   Link #184
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Her life was far from a happy one, even from her POV. The only amount of happiness she experienced was with the arrival of Yukito. She was distant with her "mother", and she had no friends at school, despite wanting to have some. (She was close to crying/very depressed at one point when she came out of the school).

While the curse might have been lifted in the end, and the next reincarnation might have a happy life, as far as Misuzu herself is concerned - her life was nothing short of tragic.
But in the end it still ended happily for her - and that was enough.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 12:03   Link #185
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Depends whether you consider kicking the bucket a happy ending
Old 2007-05-02, 03:59   Link #186
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Depends whether you consider kicking the bucket a happy ending
It's a bittersweet ending, tearful but definitely not sad.
Old 2007-05-02, 14:31   Link #187
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea i wouldnt call it sad as there does seem to be hope...unlike other series where an end means a definite end ~ air ended in a hopeful way...on of these days no matter how long mizuho will be saved ~ "it may take another thousand years...but one day...surely" ~ bittersweet indeed *tears up thinking about it*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 13:15   Link #188
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Bitter to us, sweet to Misuzu, from our view her life was tragic. but to her, she died with a smile on her face. And as everyone is saying, this alone is enough to make this ending a happy one.
Old 2007-05-06, 20:29   Link #189
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Misuzu's ending is neither happy nor sad, but a mixture of both. Which is why it feels all the more wretched.

Spoiler for Air(TV)'s ending:

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-06, 21:01   Link #190
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Skane, I blame you for these tears that you started just by mentioning ep.11. *sniffle*

I agree wholeheartedly regarding ep.11, and the ending. I feel like I'll just rephrase what the previous 5-10 posts or so. xD;
Spoiler:
*sniffle* This is what I don't like about replying to Air topics. *blows on a tissue*
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 22:38   Link #191
Wuya

Unhappy

I watched the movie 2 times now... and that means i HAVE TO watch the anime series again...

oh man time to show that unmanly side...

i must wait till that summer day where im all alone in a quiet room so i can have a AIR air-a-thon and then tear up...

no one must see me...
if they do... i must get rid of them... -.-;
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 10:13   Link #192
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I honestly almost cried at ep.12-Misuzu is definetly a tragic character-guess that's why I'm attracted to things like Air and Kanon,I won't touch things like Grave of the Fireflies though.
Old 2007-06-01, 13:32   Link #193
Vyis

Hi , i am new here . However base on the TV series , i don't think that the curse have been broken in the end . it still continue to cause the little girl to suffer (there is one episode that yukito meet the little girl , and take her home together with misuzu . Misuzu said that the girl have some illness and will go to hospital *i assume that little girl is the one base on same color of hair and hair style .), but this time is different from misuzu . The little girl have someone to be with her . the little boy i think is yukito reincarnate , be by her side , with previous life memory to support her . The little girl have a new beginning , and she accept treatment unlike misuzu . So i think yukito did able to help misuzu at the end .
Vyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 04:58   Link #194
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyis View Post
Hi , i am new here . However base on the TV series , i don't think that the curse have been broken in the end . it still continue to cause the little girl to suffer (there is one episode that yukito meet the little girl , and take her home together with misuzu . Misuzu said that the girl have some illness and will go to hospital *i assume that little girl is the one base on same color of hair and hair style .), but this time is different from misuzu . The little girl have someone to be with her . the little boy i think is yukito reincarnate , be by her side , with previous life memory to support her . The little girl have a new beginning , and she accept treatment unlike misuzu . So i think yukito did able to help misuzu at the end .
The girl you mentioned going to hospital is NOT the girl seen in the ending.

That girl, who appeared in episode 2 while wandering away and ended up hugging Yukito's new doll, had to babysit her. Her name is Shino Saika. And if you look carefully, she has green hair.

Later in episode 10, when Sora is seen trying to drag the dinosaur doll near the temple, Saika's mom (who resembles Nayuki a lot ) and her sister Maika came to the temple to pray for Saika's health, again they have greenish hair.

In episode 12 in the final scene, the little girl has dark hair, so that's definitely not Saika. Just because Saika goes to hospital does not mean anything. Saika, Maika and her mom does not even have an illustrated appearance in the game, and if they're the same person, do you think Kyo-Ani, with their reputation, wouldn't have made sure they have the same hair colour?

While you've already correctly guessed, as have many before you, that the girl and boy in the ending are the reincarnation of Kanna/Misuzu and Ryuuya/Yukito, I believe the curse has been lifted, as Misuzu was finally able to depart with happy memories, allowing Kanna's soul to reincarnate with a new beginning. This is based on what the boy was saying "To them (Misuzu and Yukito), cruel days, but to us, a new beginning". From their conversation, maybe the girl doesn't remember her past lives, but the boy seemingly remembers something, which was why he said "Farewell" to Misuzu and Yukito.
Old 2007-06-02, 07:32   Link #195
Vyis

OIS . Thanks . i didn't see the episode for second time because i'm afraid of ruin the good felling about this series when i know what gonna happen next . Sorry because i didn't check correctly .
Vyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 16:09   Link #196
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyis View Post
OIS . Thanks . i didn't see the episode for second time because i'm afraid of ruin the good felling about this series when i know what gonna happen next . Sorry because i didn't check correctly .
Don't be afraid to watch it again -- it won't have the same feeling of mystery that it did the first time, but it some ways, later viewings are even more rewarding than the first. There's a lot of foreshadowing in the early episodes, and many moments that might have seemed strange the first time you saw them will take on a whole new meaning when you see them again, this time knowing the entire story.
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 21:02   Link #197
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I just had a thought after re-watching Air. Do you guys think that the kids on the beach may actually be a reincarnation of the previous pair?
I did think at first that it was Ryuuya and Kanna, but if the curse was broken I don't see why the boy would say "To them cruel days" =/
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 21:22   Link #198
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
I just had a thought after re-watching Air. Do you guys think that the kids on the beach may actually be a reincarnation of the previous pair?
That was always my understanding of that scene.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 09:38   Link #199
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
I did think at first that it was Ryuuya and Kanna, but if the curse was broken I don't see why the boy would say "To them cruel days" =/
Look at the ED animation for the 2 AIR in Summer special episodes. Kyo-Ani specifically replaced the boy and girl holding hands as seen in the logo and final scene with that of Ryuuya and Kanna holding hands. So yeah, you could say they've (that includes Yukito and Misuzu) reincarnated with a clean slate this time, without the curse. As I've mentioned before, the boy seems to remember, and hence his comment "To them cruel days, to us a new beginning".
Old 2007-06-08, 20:58   Link #200
flightinthesun
wingless

did anyone else like the part where uraha basically asked ryuuya to sleep with her? to have kids to carry on the legacy? ace. his face.
but i also thought he was like in love with Kanna so that confused me...:/
i absolutely adore air to bits by the way and believe the curse was basically broken because of all the happy memories the girls (mostly misuzu but also kano, michiru, minagi etc.) brought for Kanna and that the kids are a reincarnation. (the reflection of what the boys says in relations to the kanna, ryuuya and uraha's dream to live by the sea.
flightinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote