AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 12:00   Link #6481
UsagiTenpura
Artist

There's going to be Tsubasa, and supposedly a Rei like episodes.
But with Rewrite who's going to think about that anymore ^^
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 16:22   Link #6482
Troyd
waboo

Hi, sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, is about the ougon cg contest.
I received this email from 07thExpansion the other day, and I don't know waht it says... could someone help me?

初めまして。
私、07th Expansionの各務と申します。
この度はPCゲーム「黄金夢想曲2」(仮称)へのCGイラストをご応募いただきまして、誠にありがとうござ いました!
是非、こちらを採用させていただきまして「黄金夢想曲2」(仮称)に使用させていただけました ら幸いです。

さて、使用させていただくにあたり、一点だけご確認いただきたいことがございます。
今回、お預かりさせていただきましたイラストを、07th Expansionが無償で「黄金夢想曲2」に使用させていただきたいという点になります。
もちろんイラストの権利に付きましては、Troyd様に帰属いたしますので、今回頂きましたイラストをHP やPixivなどにアップしていただいても問題ございません。

こちら、ご同意いただけます場合は、大変お手数ですが、6/30までに私宛にお返事いただけますでしょうか?

以上、ご連絡申し上げます。
この度は、本当に素晴らしいイラストをありがとうございました!

Sorry if the trouble!
Troyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 17:08   Link #6483
kittylyoko

Well if google translate is to be trusted for a basic engrish you got in :3
Spoiler for google:
Old 2011-06-08, 17:51   Link #6484
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

It's basically telling you they'll be using they are asking your permision to use your illustration for the game "ougon musoukyoku 2". Though they will still add your signature to it. They also say you can upload your illustration in Pixiv or your HP now if you wish.

Also, they are expecting your reply until 30th June.
Old 2011-06-08, 18:17   Link #6485
naikou
Slashy Slashy!

Wow, that's nice! Congrats!
naikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 02:11   Link #6486
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Holy shit, way to go Troyd! Got a link to your winning image?
Old 2011-06-12, 08:23   Link #6487
incko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Holy shit, way to go Troyd! Got a link to your winning image?
this!

would you mind uploading your winning image?

I'd love to see it!

and of course:

congrats man!!
incko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 16:36   Link #6488
Lotaphi

Spoiler for Entire series including higurashi:
Lotaphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 16:45   Link #6489
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotaphi View Post
Spoiler for Umineko spoiler:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 19:46   Link #6490
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Spoiler for Umineko spoilers:
Old 2011-06-14, 13:57   Link #6491
Acinem
Furudo Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotaphi View Post
episode 2.. shannon saying how battler told her 6 years ago that he would come on white horse then in ep4 beatriche asking battler about sin 6 years ago.. You solve game even before ep5-8

"Because of love, you end up seeing thing that don't even exist" - Erika Furudo
"Sympathy is evil liquor that proud are most fond of" - Dlanor A. Knox
"I am the cruelest witch in the world and I'll make any opponent of mine surrender without fail" - Frederica Bernkastel
Acinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 03:46   Link #6492
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

A friend of mine online has been having some trouble with Umineko 1-4. He's afraid of coming here and posting himself because he wants to avoid all potential places where spoilers may be, so I offered to copy and paste what he told me of his problem. Anyone know what might be the problem here? He's made it all the way up to around halfway through Episode 2, so he isn't quite sure why it's happening this badly now.

"I'm having a bit of trouble with Umineko.
When I try advancing text the first word of a line will show up and then the text will freeze.
Not the program, because I can still ctrl-skip my way through the text. But as far as accessing the menu and advancing the text normally goes, I can't do much. Save for some random points when I can advance the text for about a screen, but those are few and far between. The problem started with just happening a couple of times on start up but now each time I play it it begins to give me trouble.

The game sometimes crashes as soon as I start it up and get into the game, too.

Do you happen to know of any ways to fix this? I've tried reinstalling it and the like, and looking for a solution of some sort on google. No dice. "
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 10:52   Link #6493
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainCharacter View Post
A friend of mine online has been having some trouble with Umineko 1-4. [...]
Standard lecture: when asking for technical support, it is important to provide details. As it stands now, I don't know if this is running on a Mac or on Windows or on Linux or your toaster.

What platform is this on? What version of the operating system?

When the game is "frozen" and the text won't advance, is it still playing sound? Animating the cursor?

When it crashes, what does it do? Does it just dump you (your friend) back to the desktop? Does it display an error message? Does the operating system generate a crash report?

Is this running in fullscreen or windowed mode (or does it happen in both?) Do you have an ons.cfg file set up with any options (window-width, etc?) (If you don't know what this is, you probably don't.)
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 16:12   Link #6494
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post
Standard lecture: when asking for technical support, it is important to provide details. As it stands now, I don't know if this is running on a Mac or on Windows or on Linux or your toaster.

What platform is this on? What version of the operating system?
Ah, sorry. I didn't think about that. He is running Windows. I'm not 100% sure which Windows, but I'd assume either Vista or 7. I'll ask if it'll actually help. I was just sorta hoping someone would recognize the problem and know a solution, since I know a lot of people have had problems fixed here.

Quote:
When the game is "frozen" and the text won't advance, is it still playing sound? Animating the cursor?

When it crashes, what does it do? Does it just dump you (your friend) back to the desktop? Does it display an error message? Does the operating system generate a crash report?
Well, I haven't seen it happen in person, but based on what he said, it's not the program itself crashing. As he said "Not the program, because I can still ctrl-skip my way through the text. But as far as accessing the menu and advancing the text normally goes, I can't do much.", so I'd imagine the sound is still going. It's just the text that is stuck and he can't open the menu. I'll ask for more clarification, though, in case anyone knows.

Quote:
Is this running in fullscreen or windowed mode (or does it happen in both?) Do you have an ons.cfg file set up with any options (window-width, etc?) (If you don't know what this is, you probably don't.)
I'm aware of what the ons.cfg is, but I doubt he has done anything with it. He's just running the game normally. He simply installed the game and then the latest Witch Hunt patch. He hasn't changed or altered anything or added any other patches.

EDIT: His Reply:
"Windows 7.

I don't remember if it animates the cursor-I'm pretty sure it does, but it definitely plays sound. I can toggle the music on and off and mess with the sound controls and go fullscreen. Not much else as far as actual "controls" go. Auto mode stops as soon as it hits one of these bumps.

It dumps me straight to the desktop. No errors or anything of that kind.

From what I could tell, it happens in both. I've switched to fullscreen and it doesn't help at all. I haven't done anything to the game other than the patch. :/ "

If anyone might know what is happening or has seen this happening before, we'd appreciate some help. Don't wanna make a big deal out of it or anything, though. Just figured maybe someone here might know what the cause is or have seen it before.

Last edited by MainCharacter; 2011-06-15 at 17:20.
Old 2011-06-16, 00:08   Link #6495
Roto

MainCharacter: Thanks for the details. We (UncleMion and I) are suspecting it's potentially a corrupted save file (or one of the other files that ONScripter uses to store its state.)

We created a ticket for the problem at our (new) ONScripter-EN development/support site here: https://unclemion.com/dev/issues/27

There won't be any spoilers there, so it's safe for your friend to visit. He can comment on the ticket and upload the requested files (quick registration required as an anti-spam measure) and hopefully we can figure out what's going on and get things fixed up so he can keep playing.
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 11:13   Link #6496
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Thanks a lot. I'll direct him over there right away.
Old 2011-06-18, 23:14   Link #6497
CainSonozaki

I noticed something a couple times while playing ep 6 on the partial patch of 8. I dont have screenshots but i can do that tomorrow if need be

Spoiler for Glitch:

IDK if this has been fixed or its just my computer cuz it can be a tempermental sonbitch sometimes. But its late here so i have to get to bed (damn 8 hour morning shift)
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 16:12   Link #6498
thelinx

I made an Arch Linux AUR package for the question arcs that uses this english patch.
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50003

Also, I've been having some issues with character pages using onscripter-en.

Most character pages look like that. Only very few do not, early on. But in the later games, the trend makes a complete turnaround.
Here is a list of the ones that work properly:
Spoiler for characters throughout episodes 1 to 4:
thelinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 19:19   Link #6499
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Thanks for the bug reports, guys.

@CainSonozaki: I've identified the problem causing those missing closeups, and the next onscripter-en release will have a fix for it.

@thelinx: You'll need to run onscripter-en with cmd-line option --detect-png-nscmask, or have an "ons.cfg" file with the line
Quote:
detect-png-nscmask
in order to avoid that character text display issue. I'd made some changes in how ons-en handles PNG images to conform with NScripter, and unfortunately the older Umineko patches ended up depending on the old behavior (the Ep8 partial patch has corrected images.)

Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 23:26   Link #6500
thelinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
You'll need to run onscripter-en with cmd-line option --detect-png-nscmask, or have an "ons.cfg" file with the line

in order to avoid that character text display issue. I'd made some changes in how ons-en handles PNG images to conform with NScripter, and unfortunately the older Umineko patches ended up depending on the old behavior (the Ep8 partial patch has corrected images.)
I see. I updated my AUR patch to actually work, and I added that magic command line option to the launcher script.
Thanks.
thelinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation