AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-22, 18:38   Link #641
Thor's Hammer

I found it jarring that Rudeus said he needed to thank Roxy and then proceeded to say that he needs to get her to let him lick her feet. Like wtf? Did Studio Bind skip some lines or something? If that was how it was in the novels too, then Rudeus feels awfully entitled to his otaku dream fantasies coming true, even going so far to say that thanking Roxy would involve him being permitted to lick her feet. It's either that, or Roxy has some kinky fetish that viewers are unaware of.

I also felt there was some tonal dissonance when it showed the prince groping Roxy before she puts him on fire as she is lamenting about how unhappy she is about the clay figurine because of how it sexualizes her body. If that prince stuff was meant to be a running gag that lightened the mood of that scene, I don't think it quite worked and trying to lighten the mood of the scene in the first place with that sort of thing was probably not even a great idea because it takes away from Roxy's discomfort.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-22, 19:53   Link #642
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I found it jarring that Rudeus said he needed to thank Roxy and then proceeded to say that he needs to get her to let him lick her feet. Like wtf? Did Studio Bind skip some lines or something? If that was how it was in the novels too, then Rudeus feels awfully entitled to his otaku dream fantasies coming true, even going so far to say that thanking Roxy would involve him being permitted to lick her feet. It's either that, or Roxy has some kinky fetish that viewers are unaware of.

I also felt there was some tonal dissonance when it showed the prince groping Roxy before she puts him on fire as she is lamenting about how unhappy she is about the clay figurine because of how it sexualizes her body. If that prince stuff was meant to be a running gag that lightened the mood of that scene, I don't think it quite worked and trying to lighten the mood of the scene in the first place with that sort of thing was probably not even a great idea because it takes away from Roxy's discomfort.
to be fair roxy is really that "perv" remember which she say which she do miss rudy perv stuffs which for her was better than the annoying prince, she miss his time stealing her pants, again don't get fooled on this novel world setting being perv is pretty common(and by perv i don't mean full horny dogs but not being shy about sex and a little lustfull), non perv peoples are the "minority", specially because of her "demon blood"

this world is basically a "hell" for "puritans".

Another note one detail about the "grandpa of the family and the family fetiche, which i got back to the manga to check and asked about the novel, since the anime is cuting some stuffs and change some orders i don't know if this will be show then a little comparation for the anime
Spoiler for about the maids:

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2021-02-22 at 20:14.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-22, 20:08   Link #643
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I was going to say her expression is probably more from being seen like that by Rudeus, but I decided to go back and check one more time. I rescind that comment; your impression seems accurate as her pre-startled expression isn't exactly joyous looking and man.. he did her on a blanket on a stone floor in a starkly bare tower chamber without even a pillow. Certainly doesn't give the best impression.
Exactly. And thanks for being a few people who actually took time understanding my comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
FWIW I think calling it "taking advantage of the maid" from a position of power is a fine assessment. Calling Sauros a sexual offender is reasonable too, if you judge it from our moral standards. But fans may get riled up if this is brought up to suggest that the story itself is condoning or advocating it as something that's acceptable in the modern age.
Oh look, an actual acknowledgement. Really appreciate that.

As for whether or not my comments suggesting that the show is advocating sexual offenses, it was never really my intention. I was only commenting on the characters who actually did the sexual offenses. Whether or not that's enough to provoke fans to attack me personally really lies on their own confidence/insecurity for this show.
Old 2021-02-22, 20:46   Link #644
Blueknight78

one thing is you have true peoples being portrait as offenders or taking advantage of they social positions to force someone to do something be direct or indirect another is when you have peoples which are not doing it and just because you "hate" or see a scene as something like that" in your vision it don't means which it was supposed to be that, as i told neither novel or manga this family is being portraited as it, is pretty much the opposite they are the most "nice peoples at last to beast folks and at none time they are being see as offender or anything inside the serie or the world now if you "see it like that' then it's up to you and it's your own opnion which again don't means 'the "true means behind the scene, it was to show which the old man like the have sex with some of then(not all of then do that) and they don't have any trouble with that.

now outside this land, you can find peoples which indeed take advantage of they position or are full assholes and slavers owners like others fantasy setting which just don't meet then yeth.
Old 2021-02-23, 22:32   Link #645
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I found it neat that the scene right before that is him learning that the ring didn't protect against the "wolf" that is Paul. This is kind of a culmination of all the messes he's seen Paul get himself in, and all the scorn Paul has gotten (and is still getting) from his relatives, for his sexual exploits. Rudy refrained this time because the ring is basically a warning to him to not follow the bad example that Paul set. Rudy is learning this like a child learning from their parent's mistakes.

So I would like to think that this short scene marks the end of the sexual assaults (or at least the most egregious ones) that Rudy does. If there is a purpose to the controversial scene from last ep besides comedy, then it would be to contrast with this scene in this episode.
Yeah that's a fair way too look at it. I'm just happy its leading him to learn some restraint and start respecting Eris more as person. Rather late for someone of his age spiritually to be learning this sort of thing but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Exactly. And thanks for being a few people who actually took time understanding my comment.

Oh look, an actual acknowledgement. Really appreciate that.

As for whether or not my comments suggesting that the show is advocating sexual offenses, it was never really my intention. I was only commenting on the characters who actually did the sexual offenses. Whether or not that's enough to provoke fans to attack me personally really lies on their own confidence/insecurity for this show.
Also think just because kind of thing might have been common isn't not call it out for what it is or dislike a character cause of it. I think one can understand that is way power worked in this world/time, accept that & still abhor people who abused it willingly.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-23, 22:48   Link #646
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, only other thing I'll say is that, judging from what Blueknight is saying, I suspect the anime portrayed a scene (I don't know or remember if it was in the LN) in a way that looks bad. However bad it looks we can't really say with absolute certainty whether we're dealing with a woman being forced into a relationship by her employer and feeling ashamed at being defiled like that, a woman feeling some embarrassment after choosing to do something (or even deliberately inviting him as Lilia did with Paul) that she's not entirely sure she should be doing, or just a woman embarrassed to be seen by someone. But I guess it can be jarring for those who have read the LN more recently and feel that the characters being condemned are in-story kind, generous and respectful people who'd never take advantage of a servant.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 05:48   Link #647
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 09:19.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 14:04   Link #648
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
I...I'm not sure what to say about this one .
Old 2021-02-27, 16:37   Link #649
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, I'm going to choose not to see it as something sexual and just see my adorable little Sylph waking up after a nice nap.
Old 2021-02-27, 19:17   Link #650
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought it pretty ridiculous to put Eris in Rudeus's bed without any explanation whatsoever. For what seems like a rather significant event, to have it happen without explanation is poor story-telling.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 22:39   Link #651
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Gotta pander to the lolicons, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I thought it pretty ridiculous to put Eris in Rudeus's bed without any explanation whatsoever. For what seems like a rather significant event, to have it happen without explanation is poor story-telling.
No doubt. I was like what the heck is that about? when it transitioned to that scene. I expected the typical bug eyed, roll out of bed to back against the wall reaction from Rudeus when he saw her in bed but his lack of reaction makes it seem that he was cognizant of having gone to bed with her. Soooo what?? lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 01:52   Link #652
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
What type of explanation do you think it needed?

From my own perspective all I saw was two cousins who'd just had a bonding moment innocently sleeping next to each other. If anything Eris being OK with sleeping next to Rudeus just goes to show she's growing closer to him.
Old 2021-02-28, 11:25   Link #653
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

At the very least a conversation between them about sleeping together. I'm not saying it wasn't innocent, but we deserved to see how they agreed to sleep together.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 11:33   Link #654
Frontier

Nothing quite says maturity like measuring what I assume is pubic hair .

Eris has really grown into an accomplished swordswoman, even reaching an Advanced rank! Rudeus may never be as accomplished with the sword as Eris and Ghislaine, but he's still on his way to becoming a very accomplished mage in his own right, and now with Aqua Materia he has a staff befitting such a role .

It was nice to see Rudeus play along with the birthday surprise although in true Rudeus fashion he uses it to his advantage to get Ghislaine to take her pants off so he can feel her rock-hard butt .

That was sweet of the family to give Rudy his own private birthday party and go as all out as they could within the circumstances. Rudy's fake waterworks was even enough to inspire the grandfather to declare war on the Noto Greyrat's and Hilda to drop her enmity and plan to adopt Rudy by marrying him off to Eris. What a 180 in family dynamics .

So it turns out there are four Greyray houses and they're headed by Paul's brother, who is apparently even worse than he is. And they've been taking the boys of Philip's house for a while now, right down to his and Hilda's sons and Eris' brothers. No wonder Hilda is resentful towards Rudy. And Philip seems pretty committed to a coup and taking them over, right down to offering Rudy a chance to help with it and giving him Eris .

Although even without Philip's prodding, Eris planned to be with Rudy on the night of his birthday in an intimate moment...just not as intimiate as Rudy's adult mind had figured. Like, I get it, Eris has a great figure and is very beautiful, and she seemed open to Rudy's advances to some extent...but knowing Rudy's mental maturity and their actual ages, it just felt kind of creepy when he kissed her and started feeling her up. I'm glad Eris rejected him and then stomped on his manhood. Of course, Eris then said to wait until they're older and I think she meant it more seriously than Roxy did, so I guess Rudy has that to look forward to (if he remains that faithful). Of course he's still got Sylphie to worry about .

Speaking of Sylphie, while it's a shame Rudy's family couldn't make it to his birtdhay due to sudden monster attacks, it was nice to see them again along with a grown up and more confident Sylphie. It seems like being away from Rudy has caused her to mature well and become even more a part of the Greyrat household, and Zenith and Lillia's daughters look super cute .

So we've got Kenjiro Tsuda scaring away dragons, Yuka Iguchi as a demon girl, and Rikiya Koyama as the legendary hero in his castle...all noting the giant sphere in the sky that was seemingly called forth by Rudy's mana? And then we get a fight between Ghislaline and Perugius' lightning warrior, only for the sphere to engulf Rudy, Eris, and Ghislaine. What's going on ?
Old 2021-02-28, 11:53   Link #655
BWTraveller
Born to ship

K for starters, I'm not going to touch the issue with Rudy's actions toward Eris in the bedroom. Honestly, I kind of wish we could all agree to just not talk about whether things are or aren't appropriate or any such stuff; I know to some that's a bit like banning discussions of pedophilia while talking about Vladimir Nabokov's most famous work, but still... That said, I did find it creepy that Eris' father offered to tie her up and put her in Rudy's bed.

Anyway, can't say I found anything remotely sexy about Ghislaine's backside. Seriously, those glutes just looked wrong to me; it's impressive that it's hard as rock, but that's it.

I can understand the mother's feelings toward Rudy, and it doesn't seem like that big of a turn to me. She resented him because her kids were taken from her and then she's suddenly expected to take someone else's kid in and raise him instead, but still for those same reasons it's inevitable that she'd feel some very strong feelings for him on account of the fact that he'd been taken from his own family. Sort of a given that a devoted mother like her who was so hurt by being unable to see her sons would break when hearing another boy disappointed that he can't see his own family on his big day.

BTW, Frontier, I think you might have gotten the family situation a little off. As I understand it, Paul's brother is only head of the Notos Greyrat family, not the Greyrats as a whole, and another Boreas holds the position of head of the Boreas Greyrats and took in that guy's sons. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's more something along those lines.

Anyway, I find it kind of crazy that the mana levels would be rising for years, monsters becoming more and more numerous and ferocious over time, odd events happening all over the place, and no one thought there might be something wrong with the big black sphere that keeps getting bigger and bigger along with those changes. Still, I think it goes without saying that things really are going to change from here on out; a blast with that kind of force is going to completely change the landscape at the least.
Old 2021-02-28, 13:08   Link #656
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I can understand the mother's feelings toward Rudy, and it doesn't seem like that big of a turn to me. She resented him because her kids were taken from her and then she's suddenly expected to take someone else's kid in and raise him instead, but still for those same reasons it's inevitable that she'd feel some very strong feelings for him on account of the fact that he'd been taken from his own family. Sort of a given that a devoted mother like her who was so hurt by being unable to see her sons would break when hearing another boy disappointed that he can't see his own family on his big day.
I'm curious if Eris will ever get to see her brothers again. I don't think it's a big part of their relationship but I wondered for a second if Eris was partially viewing Rudy as a replacement for her brothers (although I think she views him more romantically than she would her actual brothers).
Quote:
BTW, Frontier, I think you might have gotten the family situation a little off. As I understand it, Paul's brother is only head of the Notos Greyrat family, not the Greyrats as a whole, and another Boreas holds the position of head of the Boreas Greyrats and took in that guy's sons. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's more something along those lines.
It sounded like the Noto's were the head family and that's why they get first dibs on the boys of the Boreas household. At least that's what I took away from it .
Old 2021-02-28, 13:09   Link #657
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

We kind of blew through that discussion with Phillip and Rudeus. I always imagined the atmosphere to be a bit heavier. In the LN, we got into a little more depth on the whole Grayrat sons swapping tradition. This was a means to prevent challengers of the branch lines from opposing the head of the house. If Phillip had won, most likely he would have had multiple more sons. In fact, Sauros was said to have many sons and that's probably why. Phillip might have been Saruos' true born son for that matter. Phillip was dead serious about marrying off Eris to Rudeus and even the little bit about challenging the head house probably would have happened.

Regarding Eris showing up in Rudeus' bedroom, slight spoiler from a flashback but inconsequential really is that her mother was the one who actually roused her from bed and dressed her up and sent her into Rudeus' room. Both Hilda and Phillip were all for Rudeus and Eris getting together and sealing the deal so to speak. They had realized that no one other than Rudeus was really suitable for Eris as a partner and why not better catch him while he's still young.

The anime follows the source material pretty much to the letter and while it's a little weird considering they're all young, you have to remember that in their world, they're fully adult at the age of 15. Eris was already 12 at this point and just a couple years shy which she'd be married off to some other family.

Also, the concept of incest doesn't appear to exist in this world either.

Last edited by Syan48306; 2021-02-28 at 13:59.
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 13:14   Link #658
Decel

Pubic hair at 10? That's incredibly young for a guy...

I like the segment back at the village. Seeing Sylphie and the new kids was really nice.

The latter part of the episode was full "WTF did this turn into the typical Shounen?"
Old 2021-02-28, 13:34   Link #659
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post
We kind of blew through that discussion with Phillip and Rudeus. I always imagined the atmosphere to be a bit heavier. In the LN, we got into a little more depth on the whole Grayrat sons swapping tradition. This was a means to prevent challengers of the branch lines from opposing the head of the house. If Phillip had won, most likely he would have had multiple more sons. In fact, Sauros was said to have many sons and that's probably why. Phillip was dead serious about marrying off Eris to Rudeus and even the little bit about challenging the head house probably would have happened.

Regarding Eris showing up in Rudeus' bedroom, slight spoiler from a flashback but inconsequential really is that her mother was the one who actually roused her from bed and dressed her up and sent her into Rudeus' room. Both Hilda and Phillip were all for Rudeus and Eris getting together and sealing the deal so to speak. They had realized that no one other than Rudeus was really suitable for Eris as a partner and why not better catch him while he's still young.

The anime follows the source material pretty much to the letter and while it's a little weird considering they're all young, you have to remember that in their world, they're fully adult at the age of 15. Eris was already 12 at this point and just a couple years shy which she'd be married off to some other family.

yeah they did some little changes and cuts also comparing with manga

- in the manga it was the maids and the wife which calm down sauros urge for battle
Spoiler for for image:

- it was made more clear which was the wife which send the daughter than here which ended making it's looks like it was the father

Another note again as we saw, you become "full adult" in this world at age of 15, which means sex can happen really early, as soon you are "ready to make babies you an already have sex, or in worst case at age 12 already considered "normal", which was eris case but not rudy, but they really wanted him to already engage with eris to start to "move", this is why is really comon the talk about "sex" with little kids, peoples in this world specially humans which compared with the others races is the "shortest life spam(excluding some humans which for some reasons become immortals or stopped of age), then they start to elope really soon to be able to keep up with the others races which life spam is much bigger and longer, even hibrids like half human half elven can easy out life the humans and since this world have stuffs like monsters and "conspirations then humans don't go too far in this world as others races, probably the life spam must be around 60 to 80 at best for humans.
Old 2021-02-28, 13:53   Link #660
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post
We kind of blew through that discussion with Phillip and Rudeus. I always imagined the atmosphere to be a bit heavier. In the LN, we got into a little more depth on the whole Grayrat sons swapping tradition. This was a means to prevent challengers of the branch lines from opposing the head of the house. If Phillip had won, most likely he would have had multiple more sons. In fact, Sauros was said to have many sons and that's probably why. Phillip was dead serious about marrying off Eris to Rudeus and even the little bit about challenging the head house probably would have happened.

Eris' parents, man .

Tags
drama, isekai