AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-08, 03:55   Link #1001
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

so geneons not coming back.. ever? is that what it comes down to?
Old 2008-01-14, 00:14   Link #1002
Berserker

I enjoyed this show for what it is. I own the first season on DVD. I had to watch the second season online. For me, one of the reasons I liked was the fact the main male lead actually had some balls. You'd think he'd just let Revy walk all over him at first. Episode one hinted that if pushed enough he will stand his ground. Then we see a bad ass Rock born in episode 7. I had a smile on my face because I was glad that the main character finally stands up for himself, even against a woman.

If you notice in the last two episodes, he starts showing some backbone against Balalaika. He was obviously scared when she pulled the gun against him, but I was glad to see as the scene dragged out, he still was defiant even though he was afraid to be shot. Then in episode 24, when Balalaika gets close to him, he stares at her with even more defiance. She no longer seems to be able to make him absolutely terrified like at the beginning. I don't know about the rest of you, but I bet Balalaika likes it when Rock stands up to her. I want to see more scenes between her and Rock. I want to see him go bad ass on Balalaika, as I prefer the bad ass Rock.

Anyone else glad that we have a male lead who can stand up for himself when he needs to? It is like a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
If Revy and Rovk did get together, who would be on top? I gotta say Revy. She seems like she wants the control.
Hehe, I don't think so. She may want control, but like in episode 7, she will most likely push him far enough to make bad ass Rock wake up then all of a sudden she will be on the bottom.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 02:00   Link #1003
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If anything, she'll have fun pushing him to that limit and 'riding' the wave that he unleashes. XD

As for Balalaika...she's just freaky like that. Not a lot of guys can stand up to her as Rock can - and it helps that she likes Rock to begin with. ^^
Old 2008-01-14, 09:56   Link #1004
Claymore_Obsessed

Rock stood up to Balalaika, but if he's still alive it's because she likes him... otherwise his bravery would have him wasted ^^;

I really enjoyed the Revy-Eda team-up. They really have both bullets and words flying..
Old 2008-01-15, 23:52   Link #1005
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, even if Balalaika doesn't like him that much, she still finds him useful. Rock is more of the dependable mediator type of guy, dealing with jobs that the usual hired gun wouldn't be able to do.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 06:45   Link #1006
Icehawk

Holy crap! Second Barrage is airing here in Canada! This is VERY encouraging news i'd say, hopefully this will help towards a DVD release.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 06:50   Link #1007
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Holy crap! Second Barrage is airing here in Canada! This is VERY encouraging news i'd say, hopefully this will help towards a DVD release.
well, not surprising! It was announced that the people doing the Dub had completed it.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 07:02   Link #1008
Icehawk

Still, that doesnt mean they ever had to use it, or allow anyone to use it. This is the first real piece of good news for the show since Geneons collapse. I never would've thought it would get aired so quickly seemingly out of the blue and here in Canada first of all places.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 07:35   Link #1009
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Still, that doesnt mean they ever had to use it, or allow anyone to use it. This is the first real piece of good news for the show since Geneons collapse. I never would've thought it would get aired so quickly seemingly out of the blue and here in Canada first of all places.
they showed all of the third season of cardcaptor sakura only in Canada, too. that was long long ago though.
Old 2008-01-20, 20:27   Link #1010
Berserker

Canada just kicks ass like that.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 01:25   Link #1011
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Canada just kicks ass like that.
wouldnt know. aussie myself
Old 2008-01-21, 03:20   Link #1012
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol, how has this broken down to who would be where and what country kicks ass?

On a side note, a few groups have started scanlating the manga. Which means we can finally see the story advance!
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 07:01   Link #1013
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Lol, how has this broken down to who would be where and what country kicks ass?

On a side note, a few groups have started scanlating the manga. Which means we can finally see the story advance!

the manga is coming out in august by VIZ.
Old 2008-01-21, 11:54   Link #1014
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Even better, since the scanlators on this one take their time. How often will the volumes be released?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 00:48   Link #1015
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
I sure hope that it does pave the way for a distributor to pick up the rights for the DVD releases of Second Barrage.. it's a great dub and I hope that we get some news in the coming months (or hopefully even sooner).

The moment the Second Barrage is "re-licensed" for R1 dvd distribution, I will cry tears of joy.
Old 2008-01-27, 07:10   Link #1016
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The AS license database only lists "Black Lagoon," but is there any reason to believe Geneon doesn't also hold the R1 rights to Second Barrage? Why wouldn't they?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 14:12   Link #1017
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Because the series is called Black Lagoon , not 2nd Barrage.
And when you play any episode of 2nd Barrage it says 'Produced by Geneon USA' which is a guarantee license.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 19:38   Link #1018
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Geneon USA ceased distributing anime in North America as of last October... the distribution rights for the second barrage of Black Lagoon are in limbo atm along with the other titles in Geneon USA's catalog.

Many of us are hoping that it'll be picked up again by another company.
Old 2008-01-30, 14:51   Link #1019
chaos_1_7
Chaos

Talking

Are they even gonna make a 3rd season cause i heard the Manga is still continuing and once they catch up to where the anime stop they might make a third one. Is this even true. Someone Please tell me cause if there is a third season I wanna watch cause this is a sick ass anime.

Last edited by chaos_1_7; 2008-01-30 at 15:09.
chaos_1_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 01:34   Link #1020
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics View Post
Geneon USA ceased distributing anime in North America as of last October... the distribution rights for the second barrage of Black Lagoon are in limbo atm along with the other titles in Geneon USA's catalog.

Many of us are hoping that it'll be picked up again by another company.
Geneon while ceasing sales and production is still the legal license holder to BL. Another would have to pay geneon to get BL.

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen