AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-16, 14:04   Link #1001
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Edit: Oh yes DLC is out. See you all in a few hours.
Nice. Do you plan to make some Youtube videos of them? If so, PM me some links. I'd love to see the hilarity behind "Enter the Edy Detachment".
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 14:51   Link #1002
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Request that a lot of posts on this page be deleted.
Seriously... It feels like the past few pages were actually about the game or characters that have not appeared...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 15:06   Link #1003
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Nice. Do you plan to make some Youtube videos of them? If so, PM me some links. I'd love to see the hilarity behind "Enter the Edy Detachment".
I don't plan to make any videos, though i have just wrote a little about it in the game thread. Go check out~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Seriously... It feels like the past few pages were actually about the game or characters that have not appeared...
I'm taking part in that, so i apologize. Though a certain person's sig image is a huge, HUGE spoiler.
Old 2009-04-16, 15:42   Link #1004
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
I'm taking part in that, so i apologize. Though a certain person's sig image is a huge, HUGE spoiler.
Fine just to keep the bloody peace I'll remove it but I still think you're overreacting.

A lot.
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 15:59   Link #1005
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Fine just to keep the bloody peace I'll remove it but I still think you're overreacting.

A lot.
As i have just explained to you, you were misunderstanding why i was saying it's a spoiler. Thank you anyway --- that way people won't be spoiled twice by your sig image.
Old 2009-04-16, 17:28   Link #1006
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Continually pointing it out really doesn't help.

For all you know people could take it as a piece of fanart like you see with tons of animes where two characters who ultimately don't get hitched are paired suggestively. *shrug*

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 21:09   Link #1007
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
If you haven't already finished the game I'd advise NOT watching any videos of "Enter the Edy Detachment" (haven't tried the others yet) because they talk about a pretty ginormous spoiler in some of the cutscenes in it. Just thought I'd give fair warning.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 21:17   Link #1008
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Do take note of the height and scale. Selvaria seems to be a giant at that rate.
Woulda been nice if they'd modeled her wielding the rapier instead or the rifle that the trading figure got...I love her chara design but that lance is just way too goofy looking for my tastes.

Hmmm seems I missed all the hubbub eh?

As far as talking about characters that haven't appeared yet...Meh if their in the OP/ED and aslong as it isn't blatant spoilers I don't see why theirs any reason to hold back. *Non-game player btw*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 21:24   Link #1009
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Woulda been nice if they'd modeled her wielding the rapier instead or the rifle that the trading figure got...I love her chara design but that lance is just way too goofy looking for my tastes.
The point of using the lance is to show the skill of the sculptor. The grooves and etches of the lance are harder to crave out than the details on the rapier or the rifle if you ask me on a 1/6 scale.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 21:31   Link #1010
Solecs

I don't know, that rifle she uses is pretty complex. It might be that the lance is a happy middle ground between the two. More details then the rapier, but easier than the rifle (assuming they were to take the time to do the rifle well).

In addition the lance is more meaningful to her character, which I wouldn't put past the sculptor to consider :-/.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:38   Link #1011
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
I don't know, that rifle she uses is pretty complex. It might be that the lance is a happy middle ground between the two. More details then the rapier, but easier than the rifle (assuming they were to take the time to do the rifle well).

In addition the lance is more meaningful to her character, which I wouldn't put past the sculptor to consider :-/.
How about the lance in once hand, rapier in the other and the MG34 over her back? Go for that extra Rambo look.

Back to the Alicia the Killer set.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-04-17, 08:13   Link #1012
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
How about the lance in once hand, rapier in the other and the MG34 over her back? Go for that extra Rambo look.

Back to the Alicia the Killer set.
ohh well if its the Rambo look she'll have to be topless

and gonna need the ammo belts too

now that I would def buy
Old 2009-04-17, 08:47   Link #1013
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
Definately not as complex as you make it out to be :-

Apart from the few golden motif on the barrel and butt, the design is much less complicated when compared to the lance itself.

It is also interesting to note that the Rhum is longer than the MG34 at 1477mm in length and yet lighter at 13.5 kg, complete with tripod and all. It also utilise 7.62mm rounds which, in real life, didn't see military usuage for another decade or so after WWII.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 11:55   Link #1014
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Quote:
Apart from the few golden motif on the barrel and butt, the design is much less complicated when compared to the lance itself.

It is also interesting to note that the Rhum is longer than the MG34 at 1477mm in length and yet lighter at 13.5 kg, complete with tripod and all. It also utilise 7.62mm rounds which, in real life, didn't see military usuage for another decade or so after WWII.
It's a bipod. Tripod has 3 legs.
So the game decided to have the MG 34 chamber 7.62 instead of 7.92 (8mm) Mauser? Seems to be a trend, some Imp guns look like Wehr guns, only they chamber post-WWII Russian ammunition. The tanks on the other hand are seem more defined...I'm actually surprised they made such clear allusions...don't really think the Edelweiss is modeled after the KT though

Last edited by shcfyd; 2009-04-17 at 14:24.
shcfyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 16:22   Link #1015
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcfyd View Post
Seems to be a trend, some Imp guns look like Wehr guns, only they chamber post-WWII Russian ammunition.
Was it actually specified that the Imperials use the Soviet 7.62x39mm round, as opposed to 7.62x51mm NATO or another form of 7.62mm? I must have missed that...
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 16:45   Link #1016
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Was it actually specified that the Imperials use the Soviet 7.62x39mm round, as opposed to 7.62x51mm NATO or another form of 7.62mm? I must have missed that...
glad you asked, theres actually about 5 popular cartridges designated as 7.62, its like a first name for the cartridge, and very ambiguous.

7.62x25TT
- russian pistol cartridge, used widely in WWII, ppsh41 smg and TT-33 pistol chambered them
7.62x38R - russian revolver cartridge, used widely throughout the Bolshevik revolution and into WWII and beyond in the Nagant revolver
7.62x54R - standard russian rifle cartridge, used through WWI and WWII in the renound Mosin Nagant series rifles. Still used today in PKM machine guns and SVD dragunov's <-[this cartridge is probably what VC was referring to, although not explicitly]

7.62x39mm
- russian, first developed in 1945, chambered by the SKS-45 carbine, and RPD light machine gun, don't think any saw any real combat in WWII, as this was very close to the end of the war. Now most commonly used in the AK-47 not 74 series however.

7.62x51mm NATO - used by NATO forces, well after WWII :P

as you've probably guess the nomenclature(for this cartridge) is bullet diameter x length of cartridge- however, no calibre measurements are exact-but thats not really one topic :P in fact nomenclature is usually case by case basis...

shortly after posting this I realized that I've misread a post for the second time today...argh, oh well im sorry, but i dont feel like erasing stuff :P

also, does anyone know of a method to take screens on the PS3? i'd like to make some game/anime comparisons, but mostly for kicks and giggles

Last edited by shcfyd; 2009-04-17 at 16:56.
shcfyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 19:20   Link #1017
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcfyd View Post
also, does anyone know of a method to take screens on the PS3? i'd like to make some game/anime comparisons, but mostly for kicks and giggles
Went ahead and responded to this in the game thread, since it's not really relevant to the anime discussion I guess . Click here to go to the game thread.
Old 2009-04-17, 19:29   Link #1018
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
It was just listed as 7.62mm, we don't know what cartridge size. I'd speculate 7.62x54R since all the Imperial rifles have slightly curved magazines which could point to the use of a tapered cartridge like the 7.62x54R

Whereas the Gallian rifles are chambered for 7.92mm and fired from inline box magazines. So I'd have to say the Gallians use a form of the 8mm Mauser round.

Has the next episode aired yet? I'm just trying to establish when according to my time zone (AEST).

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-04-17, 20:36   Link #1019
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Definately not as complex as you make it out to be :-

Hmm, guess you're right. There are some other details on the barrel that might be tough (bit more scroll work and some holes in the metal around the barrel) but the lance seems to be more intricate as whole.
Old 2009-04-18, 11:46   Link #1020
Runty

Any sign of the next episode yet?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega