AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-02, 22:26   Link #1
marvelB

One piece - Chapter 576 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

How's it goin', folks? It's been a long wait, but the break is finally over and spoilers for the new chapter have appeared (just pics, though)! We've got some epic stuff, here:

-Chapter title is "The Great Pirate Edward Newgate".

-Blackbeard's crew gangs up on Whitebeard. However, the mighty pirate still stands his ground during the assault. He then shouts out that the great treasure One Piece does exist. As he's dying, Whitebeard silently tells his sons that he's leaving them behind, and has a flashback. During the flashback, a young Whitebeard tells some random pirates that the one thing he ever desired most was..... a family.

-As the flashback ends, Whitebeard tells his sons goodbye. Blackbeard finds that Newgate has finally fallen, still standing upright. At the end of the chapter, the narration tells us that Whitebeard has never given in to his enemies, even in death, and his statue-like figure can only be described as a monster. The amount of injuries he received has been tallied up, as well: He's received 267 slash wounds, 152 gunshot wounds, and 46 cannon blasts. Yet, despite all those injuries, the proud emperor has shown no sign of running from battle......

Man..... it finally happened. I gotta say, Whitebeard's death can only be described as "epic". I definitely have the utmost respect for the old man. Still, now only Oda knows what will happen from this point onward.....

By the way, the spead of Blackbeard's crew ganging up on Whitebeard is pretty damn badass (I love how even Doc Q got in on the action!). It also looks like the fifth new crewman doesn't have drill arms, but gun arms (unless he can transform them into both). Man, to think that Blackbeard was the one to finally take down Whitebeard, after all. Well, I guess that gives Luffy more incentive to thrash him later on......
Old 2010-03-02, 22:34   Link #2
trafalgarcito

next chapter will be the first of the new era! dreams are for loosers!
Old 2010-03-02, 22:37   Link #3
andy

WB is awesome , a true manly death .
Old 2010-03-02, 22:45   Link #4
tetsuo69

that sucks that luffy didnt get to beat no one really but sounds like the end of a good arc
Old 2010-03-02, 22:48   Link #5
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
that sucks that luffy didnt get to beat no one really but sounds like the end of a good arc
This isn't bleach where luffy would go ss3 and beat admirals up like hes god
Old 2010-03-02, 23:05   Link #6
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

The man is a legend. Here's to that cowardly bastard Teach meeting a far less honorable and epic death. I hope he dies like a sheep.
Old 2010-03-02, 23:23   Link #7
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Excellent. The decrepit fossil that is Whitebeard has finally died. Very appropriate that Blackbeard was the one to land the finishing blow, like I predicted from the very beginning. It's now time for a new and darker era to commence.
Old 2010-03-02, 23:24   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

what were the marines doing during all of this?
Old 2010-03-02, 23:24   Link #9
james0246

Cheers to you Blackbeard. You dealt the killing blow to the greatest pirate alive...admittedly he was more or less dead when you and 9 others struck blows against him, and even then he still stood through your onslaught, so your victory is bittersweet at best. Still, cheers to you my old drinking buddy...
Old 2010-03-02, 23:35   Link #10
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
So, Whitebeard gets the standing death of Benkei. Good for him. I wonder if the public saw that from Buggy's Den Den Mushi.

This more just makes me think that somehow someone will revive Ace so he can lead the Whitebeard Pirates. Maybe Ivan will pull some trick. The way he got Luffy's body to heal itself.

I'm still nervous about what kind of changes Oda has planned for Luffy. Since he made some comment about this being his last adventure as a 17 year old. I don't want to see some drastic change in Luffy's personality. They pulled that with Naruto and now he's just all emo lately.

I do notice that all three of the great Marine Bases are now destroyed.
Enies Lobby
Leveled by the Buster Call and blamed on Luffy
Impel Down
Luffy invaded and caused a lot of damage. Who knows the damage Blackbeard caused as he was leaving with the people he broke out.
Marineford
Whitebeard destroyed the Marine base.

Odds are they have more in the New World.
Old 2010-03-02, 23:58   Link #11
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Excellent. The decrepit fossil that is Whitebeard has finally died. Very appropriate that Blackbeard was the one to land the finishing blow, like I predicted from the very beginning. It's now time for a new and darker era to commence.
Nobody knows who land the last blow it was a team effort lolol.

But on another noted the marine get mess up again not only did let pirates give WB the last blow, the world now also know the One Piece is really out there again.
Old 2010-03-03, 00:09   Link #12
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
what were the marines doing during all of this?
Whats better than letting your enemies fight to the finish without having to do anything?
Old 2010-03-03, 00:12   Link #13
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
An expected but incredible end for Whitebeard, but for all that work the mission was inevitably a massive failure: not only is Ace dead, but Whitebeard as well. The coming fallout from the invasion will reverberate across the world, that's for sure.

Where does the story go from here though? No one's sure. The Balance has started to shift after all.

The Whitebeard Pirates just lost its father-figure as well as one of its strongest commanders, plus they've suffered a lot of casualties themselves. The Marines? Their main HQ was nearly destroyed, and manpower-wise they took a beating as well. The Warlords? Jinbei resigned, Blackbeard's a wildcard, and Hancock's membership might be brought into question depending on what Smoker does afterwards.
Old 2010-03-03, 00:15   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Whats better than letting your enemies fight to the finish without having to do anything?

Not to mention that the marines pretty much already fulfilled their purpose by killing Ace, anyway.
Old 2010-03-03, 00:29   Link #15
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Nobody knows who land the last blow it was a team effort lolol.
The head of a faction always takes the credit. Even if it was a group effort that killed Whitebeard, Blackbeard is still the man who is ultimately responsible for his death. He has just shaken the world by having Whitebeard eliminated.
Old 2010-03-03, 00:40   Link #16
trafalgarcito

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Not to mention that the marines pretty much already fulfilled their purpose by killing Ace, anyway.

now that i think of it...marines said the true objective of the execution was to lure and kill whitebeard....

but what exactly is the plan now for the marines? they completed their objective. now is plan to launch a new global strategy...i wonder, will they go for a general pirate hunt, will they search for the original ancient weapons??..what will be the role of the shichibukai in the new world?
Old 2010-03-03, 00:42   Link #17
Azncoke123

I think the marines will focus on a new HQ... And probably work on some stronger pacifist. Recruit new Warlords, deny some Warlords.
Old 2010-03-03, 00:45   Link #18
seiji_kun

So it finally happened, BB did came in just to take the final blow. That's not anything surprising and I'm glad that it went so fast. WB went like a true man in the end though I am a bit dissapointed in the end that we did saw so little of him. The few things that he did were legendary stuff like tilting the island and taking out Akainu but I kind of wanted to see him do a serious 1 on 1 with Sengoku. Only makes you wonder how godly Whitebeard (and Roger) were in their prime.

But I still find that his death doesn't compare to Ace. His death was so foreshadowed that it hardly makes an impact on me. I did like the old man, the guy grew on me so much this arc that I do feel it a bit sad that we lose him to. And while I loved BB, the loss of Ace and WB makes me want him to see lose so hard so Oda did a real good job in antagonizing BB. Now we just have to wait almost 10 years for that to happen.
Old 2010-03-03, 01:48   Link #19
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Damn you Black Beard I can't wait till his ass gets beat .
Old 2010-03-03, 02:19   Link #20
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

R.I.P Whitebeard

time-hop after this chapter or next, anyone?
Closed Thread