AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 64 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 29.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-15, 01:41   Link #61
Crontica

Woot Harukanaru anime shout out. The other two mangas im unsure of.

Quote:
Harmonic implied that we would see two tenshi at some point.
She could Harmonicly clone yes, but i clearly assumed it would be some kind of realistically deceptive after image... wait should i be concerned she has the power to CLONE HUMANS while the SSS guild had trouble building a simple cannon. Is she some kind of deity?

Kanade also didn't look like the person that would go "Ah. Oops".... Until ep 6.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:43   Link #62
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Harmonic implied that we would see two tenshi at some point. From then on every one has been expecting it.
I don't ever recall harmonic ever being mentioned throughout the show, am i just down right oblivious or is just really obscure to take notice of?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:45   Link #63
Lemon Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I don't ever recall harmonic ever being mentioned throughout the show, am i just down right oblivious or is just really obscure to take notice of?
It was in her computer in EP 3.

Great ep, really loved it
Old 2010-05-15, 01:46   Link #64
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
The CG for it was shown as possible skill when they looked at Tenshi/Tachibana's Computer in episode 3.
Edit: beaten while typing reply D:.
MAL
Old 2010-05-15, 01:52   Link #65
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Unexpectedly good I must say, repetitive humor aside. Original? Maybe not, but it sure does deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckys View Post
Did anyone notice that Kanade split into two forms when killing that monster fish;
Thought something was weird when she air-dashed. If it's intentional then we have another extra layer to Kanade as a character.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:57   Link #66
cjl

Lol. Great Episode.

Anyone else notice that Takamatsu took off his clothes just to help reel in the monster fish?
Old 2010-05-15, 01:59   Link #67
Dart

Considering how much power Overdrive gives her... shouldn't Kanade have been able to completely overwhelm them in close combat?

Anyway, the Naoi-Otonashi interactions are completely hilarious, with the two looking something like a puppy and its owner (speaking of which, is there a ___-dere term for that one? Completely deredere toward one person, and putting up with -at best- everyone else?)

Matsuhita-5th-dan taking lessons from TK...and not quite pulling it off.

Otonashi's memories were pretty bad...if not for already knowing what sort of show this was, it would have had a pretty solid impact.

Operation river fishing Monster Stream was pretty funny, as was the SSS's reaction to Otonashi bringing Tenshi along (everyone hide behind Yuri!).

Kaede fishing... it was funny when she snagged Hinata, but when she took the step back and broke the ground... that's when you know it's not going to end well. And catching the master? "Which one's the monster?" indeed.

We finally get to see harmonics, and it's an awesome first showing. Amazing attack power, finished by a nice, graceful landing.

Then finally... OMG Broken Harmonics.

Here's my other question. We see her use Harmonics to slice up the Master. We know that they know about Harmonics (hacking). Did no one think to make sure that the clone vanished after it got used?
Old 2010-05-15, 02:13   Link #68
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Here's my other question. We see her use Harmonics to slice up the Master. We know that they know about Harmonics (hacking). Did no one think to make sure that the clone vanished after it got used?
They are all idots afterall.......
Old 2010-05-15, 02:17   Link #69
Jimmy C

If he clone had vacated the area quickly enough, it would have disappeared before the SSS pulled themselves together after landing. It's not like they had any reason to assume the clone would stick around after it was deployed.
Old 2010-05-15, 02:25   Link #70
cjl

Maybe Yuri noticed the clone. She was the only one that didn't help reel in the fish and afterwards, she's the only one that wasn't standing with the group admiring their catch.
Maybe she noticed and followed the clone and then got attacked.
Old 2010-05-15, 02:29   Link #71
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There's Yui to-- Oh, never mind.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-15, 02:29   Link #72
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Considering how much power Overdrive gives her... shouldn't Kanade have been able to completely overwhelm them in close combat?
Well Kanade never really seemed to be trying that hard to defeat them. She had no 'aggression' during the battles with the SSS. When does she activate handsonic? After Otonashi shoots her. What does she do when she's being pelted with bullets/grenades? Walk slowly or just stand there and let Distortion protect her. She only gets in close combat cos Yuri rushes her in Ep2. For all the flash in Ep1s battle I was really struck (even puzzled until ep5 came along) by how static it was with Kanade just standing there and the SSS all lined up in a row shooting. If she really had wanted to 'take them out', I imagine it would have meant a much more fluid battle of movement. It just doesn't seem she wants to take them out.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2010-05-15, 02:31   Link #73
Cloud668
Nice Boat.
*Fansubber

Am I the only one who's excited for yet another Key-created character named Saitou that's voiced by Midorikawa?
Old 2010-05-15, 02:35   Link #74
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Didn't Kanade already tell Otonashi that she's the defensive kind? That's why her Hand Sonic isn't that deadly a weapon when she initiates the attack.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-15, 02:50   Link #75
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

The biggest gripe I have is the writers have no sense of which ones to leave as 'show' which ones to leave as 'tell'. While any writer worth his salt knows to 'show, not tell', I understand that in such a condensed airing time such as this, some corners needs to be cut and so some needs to just 'told'.

And they really messed up here, where they pretty much 'told' us that Naoki joined and 'shown' us how the SSS came to terms with Kanade, when it should've been the other way around!

I mean seriously, Kanada was already working together with them in the last episode, so we can understand that her being part of the group will be the next logical step. But Naoki? THAT needed some explaining as to why he did a complete 180 (for crying out loud, a lot of people already thought he disappeared!). It boggles the mind why the writers have shown that SSS are still wary of Kanade even though they worked together already, yet completely skipped over Naoki's joining altogether when his last interaction with the SSS was of complete confrontation!

(That said, hypnotism Hinata + Yaoi jokes were lolfunny. Still doesn't excuse this blunder of a mistake)

Epic fail by the writers in that part, which is a great shame, since the other parts are done magnificently. A bit of comedic moments here, a bit of slice-of-life moments there, but I especially liked Otonashi's past flashback.

Sure, it might have some resemblance to Maeda's past works or whatnot. But the thing is, unlike his other works, the point was NOT of the death/accident/misfortune for the loved one. That was merely just the trigger to what would lead to the point of his story... that the death would later on become his driving force in life, in that he has gotten over her sister's death by changing his 'reason to live' from helping his imouto into helping other people. Which of course was foiled by fate when the train he was on got into an accident.

In other words, the death of his imouto wasn't meant to be tearjerking, unlike the other works people compare Otonashi's past life with. It was merely there just to explain where his 'regret in life' came from, and of that, it explained wonderfully.

<Shipping glasses on>
FFFFF yeah! KanadeXYuzuru FTW! Even revealing now that Yuzuru has an osananajimi would not make me jump ship...

...at least, I think it won't.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2010-05-15, 03:20   Link #76
farios

I like the previous episode better, the first half was good but the second half totally ruined everything.
Old 2010-05-15, 03:31   Link #77
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

... Let me warn you for the last time:
For crying out loud, do -not- compare AB with other Maeda's works unless really necessary AND enclosed in spoiler tags, properly labeled (like: End spoilers of *series X*).
Do NOT assume that everyone has already watched/read these series/VN before watching AB.
Mentioning major events out of the blue is a open door for major spoiler, completely hazardous to boot.
Old 2010-05-15, 03:48   Link #78
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud668 View Post
Am I the only one who's excited for yet another Key-created character named Saitou that's voiced by Midorikawa?
No, me too. Now if only they could bring Yukari Tamura...
Old 2010-05-15, 05:09   Link #79
kyosak
poo

Ok, that was just about the last type of character I expected Naoi to end up as...
I thought they handled Otonashi's past pretty well. Great episode!

Oh, and

Midorikawa Hikaru kita~~~

I lol'd
Old 2010-05-15, 05:34   Link #80
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
I like Yui, she's funny and energetic and cute Nyaa~

About the episode
Spoiler for EP7 Spoiler: