AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-17, 15:53   Link #6061
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
They met when she was dating Shizuku's older brother at the beginning of the Double 7 arc.
Only that according to the summaries, he was Shizuku's cousin, not brother.
Old 2013-08-17, 16:21   Link #6062
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Only that according to the summaries, he was Shizuku's cousin, not brother.
Whoops. I knew I was forgetting something.
Old 2013-08-17, 17:18   Link #6063
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Just wondering after rereading the series 1 to 8 while waiting for new translation, during the Nine School Competition, why did the No Head Dragon wanted to interfere? I skip some boring dialogue here and there, I know they would have lost 1 billion dollars if First High Wins and that their superiors didn't want any part of their plans, but no clear why and what they were aiming.
Old 2013-08-17, 17:22   Link #6064
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Just wondering after rereading the series 1 to 8 while waiting for new translation, during the Nine School Competition, why did the No Head Dragon wanted to interfere? I skip some boring dialogue here and there, I know they would have lost 1 billion dollars if First High Wins and that their superiors didn't want any part of their plans, but no clear why and what they were aiming.
Criminal gambling. They bet on Third High.
Old 2013-08-17, 17:24   Link #6065
Chimurry

Quote:
Quite simple: Betting Game Industry, on this is ilegal money games under table, most likely due No Head Dragon as Triad associated ONG..
Old 2013-08-17, 19:39   Link #6066
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Quite simple: Betting Game Industry, on this is ilegal money games under table, most likely due No Head Dragon as Triad associated ONG..
Quote:
Criminal gambling. They bet on Third High.
That was my first conclusion, but I felt it was too simple. A notorious criminal organization going this far for a bet, and they bet that much? I felt there was something bigger there, looks like the simple conclusion was right.
Old 2013-08-17, 19:41   Link #6067
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
That was my first conclusion, but I felt it was too simple. A notorious criminal organization going this far for a bet, and they bet that much? I felt there was something bigger there, looks like the simple conclusion was right.
Yeah, but that's what they said. The higher ups didn't want to since it was too big a risk, but the ones that got offed pushed it through.
Old 2013-08-17, 19:45   Link #6068
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

wait so there was a summary about the time when they went to that party i've look for it everywhere and i could not see it.
Old 2013-08-17, 19:50   Link #6069
Awrya
U mad?

Not actually sure if they (No Head Dragon) bet on Third High, but First High was the favourite to win and with a majority betting on them, No Head would start the financial year with a huge deficit if First High did win.
As long as First High didn't win, anyone would have been fine as the champion.
Old 2013-08-17, 19:59   Link #6070
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

Quote:
Hey, it's all about money, believe me, for a criminal organization you can't get bigger than that.
Old 2013-08-17, 20:11   Link #6071
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
wait so there was a summary about the time when they went to that party i've look for it everywhere and i could not see it.
this one ?

credit EnigmaticAxiom

Spoiler for Party?:
Old 2013-08-17, 23:26   Link #6072
Voceane

Quote:
Strange that nobody put this up yet.
I discover it's the Chapter 6 but I don't remember see the chapter 5. What happened in the chapter 5?
Old 2013-08-17, 23:28   Link #6073
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
this one ?

credit EnigmaticAxiom

Spoiler for Party?:
I had not seem that thank you.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:08   Link #6074
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265 View Post
Any hints as to where I should search for the translation?
I've been looking for the translations since the chapter came out.

(The only lead I have so far is lightnovel, but they've got a post restriction there so I can't access it )

Thanks
Baidu used to be the 1st place the TL thread was set up, but then a few self-entitled assholes asked for faster updates and for deadlines, and it pissed the TLer off into only posting in that post restricted thread on lightnovel site.
Old 2013-08-18, 07:20   Link #6075
XFire
150% done

Could someone clear something up for me? Spoilers have said that during the fight between Tomitsuka and Tatsuya, Tatsuya fires Mist Dispersion at him. Mist Dispersion is the one that vaporizes people, right? Are we sure it wasn't Gram Dispersion?
Old 2013-08-18, 08:05   Link #6076
Ultragunner

I think he did fire Mist Dispersion, but that was probably because Tatsuya wanted to test whether it could work on Tomitsuka or not (no one, except Miyuki, knew what Tatsuya really did), and Tatsuya may just target a piece of clothes so to speak, it didn't necessarily mean he wanted to decompose the little guy
Old 2013-08-18, 10:03   Link #6077
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Baidu used to be the 1st place the TL thread was set up, but then a few self-entitled assholes asked for faster updates and for deadlines, and it pissed the TLer off into only posting in that post restricted thread on lightnovel site.
LOL, no wonder baidu doesn't have a ch.6 thread

Thanks for the heads up
Old 2013-08-18, 13:40   Link #6078
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Could someone clear something up for me? Spoilers have said that during the fight between Tomitsuka and Tatsuya, Tatsuya fires Mist Dispersion at him. Mist Dispersion is the one that vaporizes people, right? Are we sure it wasn't Gram Dispersion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I think he did fire Mist Dispersion, but that was probably because Tatsuya wanted to test whether it could work on Tomitsuka or not (no one, except Miyuki, knew what Tatsuya really did), and Tatsuya may just target a piece of clothes so to speak, it didn't necessarily mean he wanted to decompose the little guy
He was just testing it, but it didn't work just as he suspected.

More from NoLife222.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222
Tomitsuka's Armor (some vague translation)
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-18, 14:26   Link #6079
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Yes, Tats did fire Mist Dispersion. The reason he did was to test if Mist Dispersion would have worked, which he suspected wouldn't (and he was right). Presumably, the reason is that the psion armor is not a physical armor with physical substance (Mist Dispersion is suppose to only work on objects with physical substance) and as such couldn't be decomposed.

Typically, Gram Dispersion ought to be magic of choice against Tomitsuka's psion armor, but the problem is that Tomitsuka's armor has no meaningful structure to it. It's just a densely packed set of psions due to an unique condition. Gram Dispersion basically breaks down a magic structure into individual meaningless psions. In Tomitsuka's case, there was no structure to break down. It was just a chunk of psions coated around Tomitsuka's body.

In some ways, Tomitsuka's armor is even more of a counter to Tats' magic than Juumonji's Phalanx. Phalanx at least has magical structure, which means Gram Dispersion can completely erase a layer (though Juumonji would erect another layer and get into a theoretical endless stalemate).

The turning point only occurred when Tomitsuka activated his ace move (allowing to perform feats beyond his limit), which reordered his psion armor. This reordering gave the armor a structure for Tats to decompose through, which was what he did with Gram Dispersal. He then finished off Tomitsuka with his newly developed psion bullet (for the parasite).
Old 2013-08-18, 14:54   Link #6080
waffler

i thought tatsuyas mist dispersal can break anything down even psions o.o
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings