AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-01, 10:02   Link #401
FallenDevil
^v^Fallen Devil^v^

hey i don't think his harem circle is a misfortune itself lol it's his only fortune.

lol i remembered what he said in the anime
"the term lucky doesn't exist for me"
Old 2009-04-08, 01:44   Link #402
Miraluka
Banned

Ken FF can you write a resume about the vol.16??? :3
Old 2009-04-10, 18:12   Link #403
Lummie

Read some parts on baka Tsuki since they added TAMNI to the menu but i find it strange that they started to translate volume 12. Isn't it better to resume where the anime left and translate volume 7? Not that i complain though, i'm already happy someone started to translate.
Old 2009-04-11, 17:04   Link #404
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Ken FF can you write a resume about the vol.16??? :3
He told me several things about it. If you've got a question, I can try answering it.
Old 2009-04-12, 10:42   Link #405
Miraluka
Banned

I'll be pleased if you do that for me (n_n)/b
Old 2009-04-13, 12:04   Link #406
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Got 2 question, one based on To Aru Majutsu no Index Side Stories Vol2.
Spoiler for Relationships:
Old 2009-04-17, 00:33   Link #407
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'll be pleased if you do that for me (n_n)/b
Well, as the description already pointed it out, Index and Tōma were summoned by the Queen of England to investigate some explosion at the Eurotunnel. Originally, both of them were supposed to go in a sonic jet, but due to what happened to them on volume 11, they decided to wait for the next plane. Only Sphinx took that plane.

On England, Itsuwa heard Tōma was coming; so, she went to the airport with high hopes. Since, he didn't show up she became a bit depressed, and started drinking. Tatemiya saw her drinking (without realised the fool mood she was in), and decided to play prank on her. He told the other Amakusas to tell her Tōma was still coming, and was arriving to her place to pick Sphinx up. Itsuwa panicked after hearing this, since she looked terrible and smelled of alcohol. She saw a silhouette of a man with spiky hair and almost fainted, but when she realised it was Tatemiya she became angry and sent him flying away.

(There was also a part in which Itsuwa was sulking over Kaori cosplaying for Tōma on the previous volume. So, in order to strike back, she started browsing through the Internet and found a "Great Elemental Spirit/peep-maid costume". I'm not sure if this happened before the airplane event, or after. We were also told she's under 18.)

Anyway, back to Index and Tōma, their plane got hijacked, but Tōma managed to stop it. However, Index got almost killed, which caused Tōma to become enraged, to the point in which he had an urge to kill the hijacker.

Anyway, Mikoto and Himegami barely showed up. Oriana Thompson reappeared in this volume, now working for Necessarius.

New characters were introduced:
- The Queen Elizard
- The 3 princesses: Riméa, Carrisa and Villian.
- The witch Smartveri

A new magical organisation called "The New Light" was introduced. This organisation was composed by four girls: Beyloupe, Lessar, Rancis, and Floris.

I'll quote Ken on the rest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_FF
-New spiritual artifacts: The ritual sword Carthena and its replica, the Carthena=second. This artifact gives the owner a power equal to that of an Arch Angel, but only within the soil of England. It also acts as a power-source to send Telesma (Angelic power) to the knights of England.
-"Steel Gloves" which was created to simulate the weapons that Thor, the God of Thunder, used. It gives the holder a great power, physically and magically. Only Beyloupe can use the power to summon thunder, which is a simulation of the popular Mjornir.
-The Skíðblaðnir (Skidhbladhnir) which was used to carry the Carthena=Original.
-The great sword Ascalon which was created to simulate the sword that St. George used to slay the Dragon.
Quote:
-Battles: Necessarius vs "The new light". First, Oriana&Touma vs Lessar. Then, Itsuwa vs Beyloupe. Then, Floris vs Kanzaki.All of the memebers of "The new light" was lost.

The battles: Itsuwa was kind of pushed by Beyloupe at their first contact ( since she didn't know about the divine artifact Beyloupe had). After the first battle, Beyloupe ran away via the railway, so Itsuwa got some time to think. Now, Itsuwa used a spell that changed the direction of the railway towards the Forbidden training grounds where new members of Necessarius were being tested. The facility was a dangerous labyrinth that was closed because of the many deaths that came from the difficult traps inside the facility. Beyloupe got trapped there, then it was a checkmate for her.

Kaori simply beat the crap out of Floris. Even the "Steel Gloves" was no match against the power of the saint.^^

Touma&Oriana was able to corner Lessar, since they double-teamed against the girl. (Oriana was already a powerful sorceress. Added to it was Touma's street-fight abilities^^). But, before they could capture her, the knights that was sent for coup de tat shot Lessar from the back, to keep her from spilling princess Carrisa's plans. Fortunately, the wound wasn't fatal, and Touma was able to bring her to the Dormitory owned by Necessarius, where he met up with Ursula and co. to heal lessar.
Quote:
-There's also the battle between kanzaki and Knight leader, where Kanzaki got beaten up bad.

Carrisa was holding the Carthena=Original which was believed to be lost a long ago. Naturally, it was superior over the Carthena=second, which the Queen was holding. Remember that Carthena could send Telesma to the knights of england. ALL of them. Knight leader was already strong. +to his already strong power was the Telesma, which granted him the capacity to wield the power of an Angel. (In volume 4, Kaori had her hands full from just trying to hold-off the Angel's power...)
Quote:
Sherry was going berserk against the knights ^^
The fact that the Knighthood was using violence to get hold of things got to her, and it reminded her of her lost friend Ellis, who was killed by the Knighthood.
Quote:
-Coup de tat time: The second princess, Carrisa, raised up a coup de tat against the queen. She got hold of the Knighthood (In the Index world, England was governed by three great forces namely the "Royal Chamber" which was led by the Royalties, the "knighthood" which held the military power all over England, and finally the "Church" which was led by the Necessarius.) and took over the critical points of the country.

- Rimea was hiding in god-knows where, and villian was caught by Carissa and was going to be executed. That was when William Orville (a.k.a. Aqua) came, to help the princess. He now has the great sword Ascalon and his completed escutcheon.

-No harem addition for Touma this time. n_n

-Index was Caught by Carissa.

-The climax would come on the next volume. According to the Author, It's going to be Knights vs Mercenary.
Old 2009-04-17, 18:17   Link #408
Miraluka
Banned

I was talking about Vol.16 not 17, I already now about 17 by Ken_FF D:
Old 2009-04-18, 00:03   Link #409
Used Can

Oh...! I think I'm seriously going blind. Anyway, in that case, you'll have to ask ken.
Old 2009-04-18, 14:01   Link #410
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Wait, there no Prince Charles and even Prince William and Prince Henry in the Index's Britain? That's gonna piss the prince's fangirls and those hoping a future joke involving the real-life royal family.

Anyway, no one has still answer my relationships question. Won't someone help me?
Old 2009-04-18, 14:18   Link #411
Lummie

@used can and ken_ff

Thanks for the provided information, it's hard to find someone who gives little information away about the light novels.
Old 2009-04-18, 18:43   Link #412
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Wait, there no Prince Charles and even Prince William and Prince Henry in the Index's Britain? That's gonna piss the prince's fangirls and those hoping a future joke involving the real-life royal family.
Why would the fangirls care about Prince Charles?
Anyway, Index's Britain is different, as it should be obvious already. For example, Queen Elizabeth II doesn't show up in Index, we have Queen Elizard instead. I guess neither Sir Michael Jagger nor Sir Alexander Ferguson will show up in Index either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Anyway, no one has still answer my relationships question. Won't someone help me?
I'd like to, but I don't have information about that. I guess you'll have to wait until ken shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
@used can and ken_ff

Thanks for the provided information, it's hard to find someone who gives little information away about the light novels.
I'm only reporting what ken has told me. So, all the credit should go to him.
Old 2009-04-19, 21:15   Link #413
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

@used can : Where do ken_FF post those resume on vol 17? cuz I haven't read that in this thread.
Old 2009-04-20, 08:13   Link #414
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Why would the fangirls care about Prince Charles?
Anyway, Index's Britain is different, as it should be obvious already. For example, Queen Elizabeth II doesn't show up in Index, we have Queen Elizard instead. I guess neither Sir Michael Jagger nor Sir Alexander Ferguson will show up in Index either.
Clearly you have not read the Princess Diana manga. Also even though the real royal family doesn't exist, the famous people would still existed since without them, our current pop culture wouldn't be what it is today. Without the Rolling Stones, their style of rock didn't influence a new generation of rock bands like Black Sabbath, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Billy Idol, Queen and others etc. Without Alex Ferguson, Manchester United wouldn't be Europe's top soccer/football club and a certain player for that club would not become a top soccer/football player, famous model who married a Spicy girl and a hero of the sport.
Old 2009-04-20, 17:01   Link #415
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
@used can : Where do ken_FF post those resume on vol 17? cuz I haven't read that in this thread.

Ken_FF PMed us sending the info.
Old 2009-04-21, 02:50   Link #416
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

cool. Maybe I'll send PM to ken_FF to ask some other novel resume too ^^.
Old 2009-04-21, 23:21   Link #417
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Saw this pic when I was browsing through rainbow spectrum:

Strating from left: Beyloupe, lessar, Floris, and Rancis. Members of "The New Light".
You can see they're equipped with "demon parts" . (pointed ear, spade-shaped tail, devil wings, and pointed nails [=_=;]) Also, each of them are holding The artifact "Steel Gloves". The suit case held by Beyloupe is the artifact "SkidhBladhnir".

*N:L = New Light
Old 2009-04-22, 02:12   Link #418
Used Can

Wow... Lessar looks loli-ish. For some reason, I thought she'd look a bit older. Thanks ken.

@MrTerrorist: Yeah, I know that much, but for all we know, popular culture in the Index world may differ from our own. Therefore, as sad as it may be, in that world Lady D, The Rolling Stones and Manchester United quite possibly never existed.
Old 2009-04-22, 02:34   Link #419
shadowkittylover

Simple question: In the Index series, what is an 'agito'?
Old 2009-04-22, 03:43   Link #420
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The New Light looks like some Lacrosse team rather than a bunch of witches.

@used Can:That maybe so but the history of the Index world would still be the same in a way. (The Gulf War still did happen, creation today tech devices like mp3 players, broadband etc, references of pop culture in the novels, Barrack Obama is still President of the USA.)

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen