Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 19:41   Link #221
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Spoiler for speculation continues:
Spoiler for speculation ad infinitum:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 19:49   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
But my speculation is an interesting thought to pursue, isn't it? It would make for a very dark and dramatic story arc if the mangaka chose to go that route.
I believe so. It would add that extra layer to the relationship between Sebastian and Ciel.

The two theory's we have produced over the past few threads are both interesting, and i'd be happy with seeing one of them come true. Then again i'm guessing the anime may end up doing a anime original ending, so who knows how that will end. If they'd wanna end the story, or give us a cliffhanger ending.
Old 2008-11-13, 00:45   Link #223
NakedAngelX

After 6 episodes, i'm actually starting to like the show.
Looks like it's worth buying the SE release of Kuroshitsuji trading figures.
Old 2008-11-13, 06:57   Link #224
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 5

I actually think the Madame Red flashback could have been a full episode in length. Her's is a really interesting story full of tragedy and moral ambiguous. There were a lot of interesting and complex issues brought up during the flashback, I think they could have explored them in more detail.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 07:24   Link #225
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I actually think the Madame Red flashback could have been a full episode in length. Her's is a really interesting story full of tragedy and moral ambiguous. There were a lot of interesting and complex issues brought up during the flashback, I think they could have explored them in more detail.
They could have, but then again if they did then that would probably answer some questions we have regarding Ciel's parents and the family as a whole, and it's a bit early for that to happen just yet.

I'm happy with the flashback in episode 05. It was the perfect length, and it covered everything needed to make it a beautiful moment in the series.

Spoiler for Episode 06:
Old 2008-11-13, 07:59   Link #226
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I usually find it hard to care for side characters at all, but you're right Shiroth. They did a really good job with Madame Red on that one. Still, she's a bit too much of a stranger for me to care much for her(she has the feel of a Jigoko Shoujo character. The misled human who does heinous things, no matter how repentant they become or have acknowledged falling so far). After all, she is still a heinous murderer and sort of brought it all upon herself. As tragic as it may be.

As for Ciel's family, it predictably should be left to the very end. It's be surprising if they get around to it quickly.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 12:14   Link #227
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Sebastian v Greil was awesome, espc when Greil screamed "not the face!" Sebastian owning him in the moon light was awesome and Greil screaming as Sebastian was stepping on him, dear gawd I love FukuJun XD

Oh Spears shows up! I forgot about him

Man I got chills when Ciel entered with the red dress, I remember that from the manga and was like YES! The flowers, the dress, the petals flying, just brillant.

@Shiro: yeah I think it was a young Madame Red and the singing of London Brigde was a bit creepy but suited the mood. I love the music in this, you dont her opera alot in anime.

Ah it appears I have part of my answer why Sebastian protects Ciel (besides it being his job) Im thinking Ciel wants to find out who killed his parents since his reaction when Greil screamed it. (or something like that).

Man chess and its analogies seem to appear alot in anime.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 14:21   Link #228
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ah it appears I have part of my answer why Sebastian protects Ciel (besides it being his job) Im thinking Ciel wants to find out who killed his parents since his reaction when Greil screamed it. (or something like that).
I thought it would be a given that Ciel would want to find that out, though i'm surprised that he didn't even ask Grell about it after it was mentioned.
Old 2008-11-14, 00:55   Link #229
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 7 Photoessay is posted

It was a very sad episode...
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 00:59   Link #230
rabi

Is it just me or in ep 05, when Sebastian throw the paper @ 06:05, he has inverse hand!? o_O Just finding it funny. XD
rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 16:26   Link #231
NakedAngelX

Sebastian likes Cats xD
Ep 7 reminds me of The Hound of the Baskervilles the moment i heard the world Hounds hehe.

Spoiler for Ep 7:

Last edited by NakedAngelX; 2008-11-14 at 16:44.
NakedAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 20:13   Link #232
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
[spoiler=Episode 06]As the flashback started, did anyone recognize the girl shown dressed in white with an umbrella? I get the feeling that was a younger Madame Red, though i'm un-sure.
At first, I thought it was Madame Red too but after thinking about it for a bit, it might not be. I don't know. That one is confusing me right now but I have this strange feeling it's not a young Madame Red...

For the chess imagery at the end of Episode 6, is that a blackened Lizzy playing chess with Ciel? Or is it just me?

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 02:14   Link #233
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Does anyone know how many episodes will Kuroshitsuji run for? One season (12-14 episodes)? Two (22-26 episodes)?

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 05:47   Link #234
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

In my most humble opinion, episode six would have doubled its awesomeness if Sebastian did let Grell have his babies. I am completely serious, madam et monsieur.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 05:53   Link #235
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
At first, I thought it was Madame Red too but after thinking about it for a bit, it might not be. I don't know. That one is confusing me right now but I have this strange feeling it's not a young Madame Red...
I really can't see who else it could be, so it must be Madame Red. I don't know what purpose showing a young version of her has at that scene, though it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Does anyone know how many episodes will Kuroshitsuji run for? One season (12-14 episodes)? Two (22-26 episodes)?
We're not sure yet. It hasn't been official announced, and i wouldn't be surprised if it's either of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
In my most humble opinion, episode six would have doubled its awesomeness if Sebastian did let Grell have his babies. I am completely serious, madam et monsieur.
There are doujins for that kind of story telling.
Old 2008-11-15, 15:59   Link #236
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

His Butler Fated Meeting

A beautiful and powerful episode that it was the fifth one.

Spoiler:

P.S. Did anyone notice that Greil the Red Reaper bears some physical resemblance to Lt. Rip van Wrinkle from Hellsing Ultimate?

I mean just look at those psychotic eyes, those jagged and crook teeth, and that deranged mania.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 00:17   Link #237
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I am freaking behind but I noticed the anime (ep2) changed the "cellphone" version of the manga into something a bit more realistic of the time. I'm guessing that would be a radiowave phone?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:41   Link #238
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I am freaking behind but I noticed the anime (ep2) changed the "cellphone" version of the manga into something a bit more realistic of the time. I'm guessing that would be a radiowave phone?
The phone in the anime was still ahead of its time though. To me, it looked like a WWI field battle phone. Still not something you would not see in the Victorian era. It's minor anachronisms like that that add to the fun of series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 16:28   Link #239
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

There's a mish mash of Steam Punk artifacts happening in this show. A car with a mobile phone... I'm sure more things that weren't part of 19th Century Victorian England will pop up. Not that important to me. It's all about the story and it's weaving a fine tale.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 19:20   Link #240
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The phone in the anime was still ahead of its time though. To me, it looked like a WWI field battle phone. Still not something you would not see in the Victorian era. It's minor anachronisms like that that add to the fun of series.
True but it looks closer to the era than how the phone looked in the manga.

Ep3 is just LOL! Grell is freaking funny and what he says at the end is so ironic - even Sebastian said his statements were ironic but then I have a feeling that Sebastian has already guessed about Grell's true identity at that point, or even earlier.

The ending to the episode, with what Sebastian says, really makes me wonder what the exact relationship is between Sebastian and Ciel. Although I can clearly see that there is an uneasy trust between them, there is nonetheless trust. Sebastian's action sometimes make me wonder if he holds a real or greater regard for Ciel than what is necessary for the contract. And Sebastian constantly says that the butler (or someone who serves for) Phantomhive should be able to do 'these things' gives me the impression that each Phantomhive Earl has some kind of a contract with a demon - perhaps not the same demon - but always with a demon partner.

EDIT: just finished ep6 subbed. GAH! I so freaking love this anime! 8Dbb

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-11-16 at 21:48.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, shounen