AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-10, 14:13   Link #41
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

WeeeEEEE~!! It's so good to hear from all of you again (even though it was my fault for being MIA xD) Ahh~ the nostalgy of the excitement is back xD

I don't even know if I'll have something this time, but one sure thing is that I can't wait to hear yours again ^^

And to our official Shakira xD (aka Meiyo) you know we LOOOVVE your voice right? So get in!

And of course welcome back to our lovely kcl
Old 2009-11-10, 14:26   Link #42
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
^ I should actually send in one of my Shakira covers as non-competing just to tease you all xDDD

And yay thanks everyone! I'll think about it ^^
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 12:10   Link #43
xKyonkox
Nyoron~

I am entering this competiton.
xKyonkox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 13:04   Link #44
Shiemi
Counting days

I really really hate where I live. I might have to consider going somewhere else in order to rec if I want to submit anything. All the drafts I've tried always have something in the background: cars honking, my little one's squeaky slippers, thunder, motorcycles, cars passing by, and even chickens!!! I'm starting to feel discouraged.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 17:12   Link #45
Natsumeyashi Meiyo

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
I really really hate where I live. I might have to consider going somewhere else in order to rec if I want to submit anything. All the drafts I've tried always have something in the background: cars honking, my little one's squeaky slippers, thunder, motorcycles, cars passing by, and even chickens!!! I'm starting to feel discouraged.
D:

I wish I could invite you over to my place D:

Last edited by Natsumeyashi Meiyo; 2009-11-12 at 03:07. Reason: grammar D:
Old 2009-11-12, 00:26   Link #46
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Is it okay to enter even if my japanese pronunciation is pratically intolerable even to myself?
Old 2009-11-12, 03:53   Link #47
GipFace

Is it okay to enter even if my japanese pronunciation is pratically intolerable even to myself?
You could always choose an Engrish song if you want, since the only condition is that the song had to appear in a game or an anime. There are plenty of them out there! I was considering Castle of Sand (lyrics) but a girl would make this sound a lot better than I could.

Snake Eater (Metal Gear Solid 3) won the Winter 2006 competition, by the way.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 04:48   Link #48
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Hmm... Good idea actually ^^
But unfortunately when I record my voice, my usually barely noticable accent is extremely obvious, and sounds terrible I'll just have to work on my japanese
Old 2009-11-12, 08:35   Link #49
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
*chuckle* Considering how badly I butchered Russian for Inner Universe, I don't think anyone'll hold it against you

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 16:58   Link #50
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
*chuckle* Considering how badly I butchered Russian for Inner Universe, I don't think anyone'll hold it against you
or how I did the good old naruto op *facepalm*

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 15:15   Link #51
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsumeyashi Meiyo View Post
D:

I wish I could invite you over to my place D:
That would have been great! If I had lived anywhere near you, that is.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 11:31   Link #52
GipFace

I got an idea for Chibi Nasu

(sends PM)
Old 2009-11-14, 21:06   Link #53
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Going for a three hour karaoke session in 1hr!!

I've been sick for 2 weeks and my airways are still clogged with mucus goodness, however, seeing how well (or badly) my voice holds today, I'll see if I'll toss in a non competitive entry.

Practiced a tune last night that sounds half decent, but I wouldn't use as a entry to compete with (i'd pick something else), so after hearing it with a mic today and hearing myself, ifi it's half decent when maybe they'll be an entry.

For some reason Shiemi and Chey semi inspire me somewhat

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:39   Link #54
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
For some reason Shiemi and Chey semi inspire me somewhat
o.O what'd I do?

I can't even find a karaoke track for the song I wanna do....

rofl

not to mention Duhrama up the yin yang distracting me from even the thought of singing...

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:55   Link #55
Fome

The deadline for the BakaBT karaoke contest is this Monday.
I hope I'm permitted to submit one entry for two different contests, lol
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 07:35   Link #56
GipFace

Personally, I think that's an insult to everyone who spends their time recording something unique for this contest, but it's kcl822's decision. I'd like a ruling on this as well, since hearing repeats affects how I vote. (That's why I try something obscure every time: I gave Meiyo a 9 instead of a 10 last contest for singing a cover of You Raise Me Up) Nobody wants to listen to Cruel Angel Thesis for the seventh (or is it eighth?) time. I think Moon on the Water (Beck) was done three times in one contest, too. (That's not really anyone's fault, though, since no one had done it before that contest. It was just dumb luck.)

Edit: Took a look at the BakaBT Idol... it just seems a whole lot less fun. It consists of one judge trying to be the next Simon Cowell. No idea how you put up with it. Also, I listened to some of the round 2 entries and some of them had reverb effects applied. On that basis alone, I would say no. (Not implying that your entry had it, since I didn't hear it)

Second edit: I still have to get a new mic. This one makes my voice sound metallic, and now I have to force my family out of the home again. >_< (They think my voice is annoying)

Last edited by GipFace; 2009-11-15 at 08:58.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:09   Link #57
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Hum... the next Simon Cowell... I could try to do that too, yell at people and insult them. No wait, I already do that, never mind.
That reminds me, I don't even remember if I ever put the voting system thing in stone for this one. Great, more work to do. It'll just be the standard people voting for their favorite plus my vote divided by 2 and stuff like that. Hum, I need to chase schadowfox around for implementation... Meh.
As for Fome's question, I wouldn't say it is against the rules as long as it follows the standard set of rules that is set in the first page. Up to you, pretty much. I put these things up for people to show off their singing skills (or whatever else that is considered singing) anyway. Besides, as long as people are having fun it makes not much of a difference. Everyone has a different standard anyway. Like how much I like that version of the genshiken song even though, let's be honest here, his singing skills are less than perfect. Yes, listening to that famous song being sung for the 100th time is a bit boring but still, if they want to sing that song, go for it, have fun recording it.
Great... I just remembered that I haven't recorded mine yet. Gaaaaah! Must... not.. procrastinate..
And Gipface: can't wait for your entry as it sounds rather interesting. Chase your family out of the house? What methods will you be using? I'm curious now.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:20   Link #58
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
Personally, I think that's an insult to everyone who spends their time recording something unique for this contest, but it's kcl822's decision. I'd like a ruling on this as well, since hearing repeats affects how I vote. (That's why I try something obscure every time: I gave Meiyo a 9 instead of a 10 last contest for singing a cover of You Raise Me Up) Nobody wants to listen to Cruel Angel Thesis for the seventh (or is it eighth?) time. I think Moon on the Water (Beck) was done three times in one contest, too. (That's not really anyone's fault, though, since no one had done it before that contest. It was just dumb luck.)

Edit: Took a look at the BakaBT Idol... it just seems a whole lot less fun. It consists of one judge trying to be the next Simon Cowell. No idea how you put up with it. Also, I listened to some of the round 2 entries and some of them had reverb effects applied. On that basis alone, I would say no. (Not implying that your entry had it, since I didn't hear it)

Second edit: I still have to get a new mic. This one makes my voice sound metallic, and now I have to force my family out of the home again. >_< (They think my voice is annoying)
Don't worry GipFace, I'm recording my entry today, so it won't be just some old recording I'm digging up from another contest. Also, I don't think anybody in this contest has ever done my song before, so hopefully it won't be a repeat.

As for the BakaBT contest, you are right, it is less fun than Kcl's contest. Although I didn't once think that Psyren is trying to be needlessly insulting (not insulting at all, actually). But that contest has a very enticing prize (upload credit), which is a pretty good motivator, lol.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 14:17   Link #59
Natsumeyashi Meiyo

I found a song I want to cover which hasn't been done before, so who knows~! Maybe I'll send in something anyway!

@chey: I can try to filter the song for you, so it becomes a soft-vocal instrumental. Don't know if the result is usable, but I can always try?
Old 2009-11-15, 18:06   Link #60
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
I'm actually working on a unique entry for this karacomp. Not saying much about it, except that it's from a well-known anime series.

PS: kcl, if I send in an instrumental (as a non-competing in addition to my entry), you won't burn me, right?
basket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition