Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-19, 08:15   Link #1
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu!

Hey, did anyone see this anime? Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu? (The jungle was always nice, then came Guu)
Old 2004-08-19, 13:22   Link #2
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame
Hey, did anyone see this anime? Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu? (The jungle was always nice, then came Guu)
Yes. Lots of people have seen this insane show from 2001. Now, lets see if anyone is brave enough to license Ebichu Minds the House.
Old 2004-08-19, 15:27   Link #3
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I've seen most of the first season, and a little of the Deluxe OVA. it's a great show, overly hillarious and even manages to pull of a somewhat heartwarming plot invloving the mother. I have to admit the whole series had me crying from laughter and the ending made me cry for another reason ^_^ Definatly worth the watch when it's released on DVD. It''s a must-buy.
Old 2004-08-19, 15:56   Link #4
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

Indeed, it is one of the weirdest, yet funniest anime I've ever seen.
I love Guu she rules.
Old 2004-08-19, 17:01   Link #5
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
I love this show. ^^ I think Guu is so cool - especially with her fro! Nevermind that it's Toposte's chest hair. All the characters and mini stories are hilarious and I like the teacher that sleeps all the time. I only saw about half way through before it got licensed though ...and just when I was going to find out more about Hale's father. >_< Although I always favored the story that Hale's father was really a pokute.

That barber lady always freaks me out. My god the hair!
Old 2004-08-19, 17:03   Link #6
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Spoiler for Hale's father:
Old 2004-08-19, 17:06   Link #7
Secca
nya`
*Artist

For a comedy TV series, some of the animation was pretty amazing. Specially the barber lady.
Old 2004-08-20, 15:43   Link #8
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
I love this show. ^^ I think Guu is so cool - especially with her fro! Nevermind that it's Toposte's chest hair. All the characters and mini stories are hilarious and I like the teacher that sleeps all the time. I only saw about half way through before it got licensed though ...and just when I was going to find out more about Hale's father. >_< Although I always favored the story that Hale's father was really a pokute.

That barber lady always freaks me out. My god the hair!
It wasn't Toposte's chest hair, it was Chourou's, Toposte's grandad.
Poor poor Hale, so stressed on an age of 10 (or was it 11?). I like the episode when Guu makes it snow escpessialy when they all go fantasising about how Santa Claus looks like XD.
Check my avatar! GUU-SAMA! And my new sig, !!!

Last edited by Ayame; 2004-08-20 at 16:01.
Old 2004-08-21, 17:56   Link #9
Fronzel
Schmuck

I actually thought the TV series wasn't funny enough, and the little plot it actually had was rather cliche....but the Deluxe OVA was very good.
Old 2004-10-17, 22:35   Link #10
macy
call me anything you like

Send a message via MSN to macy Send a message via Yahoo to macy
any body knows JUNGLE WO ITSUMO NOCHI HALE GUU?

im so curious about thisanime and poor me.. i haven't seen any picture of it!!!! please tell me you know this anime... any sites that you canpoint out where i could check this out?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-18 at 00:12. Reason: Threads merged
Old 2004-10-17, 23:30   Link #11
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
It was licensed recently by AnimeNation Entertainment, and will likely be out on DVD not-too-long from now.
Old 2004-10-18, 18:01   Link #12
Ialdaboth

...and then maybe on TV ?
This show ought to be aired on TV.
Old 2007-06-23, 02:25   Link #13
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I just watched the first two episodes tonight, and I think I have found a prize. I can't believe how much I've enjoyed it so far; if it keeps up, it's going to make the favorites list (I'm already saying this about a series I'm only *two* episodes into!).

I love Hale, and I love how he's the only rational thinker in his nonsensical world (well, it *is* the jungle after all). His mother is an airhead, nobody else seems to think Guu is weird in the least, the teacher is silly, and then... there's Guu. She's one of the most bizarre anime characters I've ever seen - she does things that cannot rationally be explaned (such as eating everything in sight and having a world inside her stomach) and... lol, I love when she turns all instantly cutesy, then explains to Hale later on that it may just be habit that she does that.

I *so* look forward to seeing more episodes. Poor Hale.
Old 2007-06-23, 03:32   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I just watched the first two episodes tonight, and I think I have found a prize. I can't believe how much I've enjoyed it so far; if it keeps up, it's going to make the favorites list (I'm already saying this about a series I'm only *two* episodes into!).

I love Hale, and I love how he's the only rational thinker in his nonsensical world (well, it *is* the jungle after all). His mother is an airhead, nobody else seems to think Guu is weird in the least, the teacher is silly, and then... there's Guu. She's one of the most bizarre anime characters I've ever seen - she does things that cannot rationally be explaned (such as eating everything in sight and having a world inside her stomach) and... lol, I love when she turns all instantly cutesy, then explains to Hale later on that it may just be habit that she does that.

I *so* look forward to seeing more episodes. Poor Hale.
Just wait until you meet the village chief and the doctor.
Old 2007-06-24, 02:12   Link #15
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

They're so crazy. @o@ Chest hair = instant afro!

Especially with the doctor... I had to rewatch that part. I still am in shock that he's actually Hale's father. o_O So bizarre!

Guu gets more and more awesome with each episode. I love when she laughs... it's so creepy yet funny. I'm glad that the series doesn't put the focus entirely on Hale and Guu's unique relationship... After episode two, I was worried that I'd quickly get tired of Guu acting weird and Hale reacting crazily, but so far so good.

Still not tired of the OP either... ah, I love the dancing!! And the song itself is so genki and peppy. XD

I'm going to check out the manga... but I think this might be one case in which the anime is better - I love the voices (especially Guu's. Especially when she kind of evilly chuckles. "Ehehe." ) and the OP and BGM... and actually hearing Hale's screams.

Edit: *spirals into a black hole* No scanlations.... Guess it'll be a while before I can read it then. DX
Old 2007-06-24, 02:16   Link #16
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Yeah, the series was great fun. I wish the ending had more closure though.
Spoiler:

I'm gona eat you! RAWR@!

sadly, the show doesnt seem to have caught on well here in the US. I hope the DVD sales do ok.
Old 2007-07-09, 18:49   Link #17
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

I have seven episodes left until the end (then I have the OVA.. then Final). It's still been a lot of fun, but Bel and Asio have gotten pretty old (especially Bel). They're in almost every episode, and while Bel is humorous, I feel like there's been *too* much of her and there's really not much to her personality. Other extreme characters like her (for example, hairdresser-woman Dama - she is NUTS) have been shown in moderation, so I'm not really tired of any of them...

I don't think I could ever get tired of Guu though. It's *hilarious* when she laughs.

HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.
Old 2007-07-09, 19:44   Link #18
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I think that's a very fair observation, Risaa. While I really enjoyed this show, I thought it lost some steam at the end. I started watching the OVAs, etc., but haven't gotten into them yet. I'll give them another try.

I still love the OP, and I've watched the series at least twice. I'll be able to sing it from memory if I watch it again.

One of my first tries at an animated avatar was this one:

I thought that scene captured everything there was to know about Guu's personality.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-05-28 at 07:10.
Old 2007-07-11, 03:28   Link #19
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

I blame these on you, SeijiSensei, for giving me the idea:

Those are the first animated avas I've made... the first one isn't a-safe, but I like it enough to show it off anyways.

Tonight I finished the first season of Hare Nochi Guu. IMO, it really starts to lose its touch when Weda, Hare, and Guu move to the city. Bel fell even more into the background (which I think should've happened a few episodes before, as she was quickly becoming old and overdone while they were still in the Jungle), which was nice, but it seemed like the other usually humorous characters were toned down a bit as well. Guu was as funny as ever, but IMO not as funny as she usually was before going to the city. I didn't find Weda funny at all. I even found myself getting a teensy bit tired of Hare reacting to everything in exactly the same fashion he has been (screaming and pulling his hair out ne).... I usually don't mind when Hare reacts like that (as he does often), but was it just me, or did he seem to be doing that everytime he turned around?

It was kind of weird suddenly having so much drama added in as well, though that drama would be included was foreshadowed since the early episodes. It was nice that there was closure on the issue between Weda and her mother, but the show still ended rather suddenly (do they stay in the city? Do they move back to the Jungle? Do they take obaa-chan with them?), but I guess that's why there's another season and OVAs to watch.

The early episodes of Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu had me laughing out loud, and the middle still had me grinning all the way through. It was really only the ending that I think lacked, but overall, I still think it's a great series.
Old 2007-07-11, 13:54   Link #20
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

You know at AX when Stephanie Sheh (Mikuru) was asked who her favorite character was to voice and she went 'Heh Heh Heh' in the Guu voice, I was like OMG Mikuru was Guu?

Haha

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Closed Thread