AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-10, 23:15   Link #81
Jze0
Hmmm...

I think the only reason she reacted the way she did (yandere or not) was because she truly believed Kitami and Yukina's game was nothing more than just a game when in fact its much more serious, at least from Kitami's side. You could tell that much from her dialogue with Kitami during lunch so when Mami witnessed the incident between the two in the changing room she was upset with what transpired.
Old 2010-05-11, 09:15   Link #82
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I sure hope Mami is a yandere. I've never seen a yandere pitted up against a[more or less] emotionless rival. Well, Yuki isn't emotionless, but you know what I mean; that not-fazed-by-anything personality or whatever.

I also hope that Akira wasn't built up simply so that he could be used as 'bait' for Shigure to comply with Yuki's demands, that'd REALLY suck >=0(.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 23:28   Link #83
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I think Mami's totally yandere. The scariest thing about her is that she's always smiling. I can just picture her with a giant machete in her hand and that big innocent grin on her face. see Dokuro-chan episode 2
"TEE-HEE, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU NOW!"

....*shivers*

Now this IS a Nakayoshi manga so that'll never happen. But if it was aimed at an older audience, I really think it would!
Old 2010-05-21, 00:52   Link #84
DanielSong39

Am I the only one who's more freaked out by Yukina than Mami?

My word, she not only crossed the line, she went past the guardrail and off the cliff in Chapter 13.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 02:43   Link #85
seven|x_x
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノ​ヽノ \ / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I sure hope Mami is a yandere. I've never seen a yandere pitted up against a[more or less] emotionless rival.
this. typically its more of a "WHY DO YOU LIE TO ME, KEIICHI?!?"

which is awesome, dont get me wrong.... in any case its certainly another aspect of the manga which draws me in. its certainly progressing nicely.
seven|x_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 10:29   Link #86
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Am I the only one who's more freaked out by Yukina than Mami?

My word, she not only crossed the line, she went past the guardrail and off the cliff in Chapter 13.
Huh? Why? It was for her novel plus it was SEXY.

So it's fine with me!!
Old 2010-06-26, 18:16   Link #87
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I sure hope Mami is a yandere. I've never seen a yandere pitted up against a[more or less] emotionless rival. Well, Yuki isn't emotionless, but you know what I mean; that not-fazed-by-anything personality or whatever.

I also hope that Akira wasn't built up simply so that he could be used as 'bait' for Shigure to comply with Yuki's demands, that'd REALLY suck >=0(.
i totally agree. mami has the best potential in being psychotic and so far yukina is mostly apathetic. it'll make for an original and hopefully epic showdown.

also akira slightly creeps me out. maybe it's the eyes only showing WHEN SH*T ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN. so far, go go shigure.

i hope this manga isn't as disappointing and lackluster as koko no iry yo! was.
Old 2010-06-29, 16:40   Link #88
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post

also akira slightly creeps me out. maybe it's the eyes only showing WHEN SH*T ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN. so far, go go shigure.
Akira has ALWAYS creeped me out. Anybody read the latest chapter? He's such a scumbag perv.

Quote:
i hope this manga isn't as disappointing and lackluster as koko no iry yo! was.
I loved that manga-it was way cute!! I was just upset that
Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-05, 00:51   Link #89
DanielSong39

Man, this manga is getting CRAZY.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Mami might actually be the sanest one among the bunch. She at least forces everyone to confront the main issues, albeit for less-than-altruistic reasons. But I'm obligated to give her the thumbs up simply for moving the plot forward.

This has officially crossed into the "so bad it's good" territory and it really deserves a BAD ending. It would be a great way to tie up to loose ends. Not holding out hopes on that one, though.

Nevertheless, it has me interested for now. Let's see how much worse things get over the next few chapters.
Old 2010-07-09, 12:50   Link #90
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Man, this manga is getting CRAZY.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Mami might actually be the sanest one among the bunch. She at least forces everyone to confront the main issues, albeit for less-than-altruistic reasons. But I'm obligated to give her the thumbs up simply for moving the plot forward.

This has officially crossed into the "so bad it's good" territory and it really deserves a BAD ending. It would be a great way to tie up to loose ends. Not holding out hopes on that one, though.

Nevertheless, it has me interested for now. Let's see how much worse things get over the next few chapters.
What are you talking about? Nobody is insane in this manga-they're just children who are new to love (though I do think Akira has issues and needs to grow up). Why does it deserve a bad ending?
it ain't Twilight lol
Old 2010-07-09, 18:55   Link #91
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-chan View Post
Akira has ALWAYS creeped me out. Anybody read the latest chapter? He's such a scumbag perv.
I don't see how he is a pervert or a scumbag. His goal isn't to do ecchi/sexual things with Yuki, he only wants to show his love by helping her with her novel, and presumably not allow Shigure to do so, under the impression that he may hurt her in some way based on his general attitude from his observation and the events of the past(like the glasses-stealing bit from chap 5). Before then, though he may have been against it, he did NOTHING to hinder their "missions". If anyone's done any wrong up til now, it's been Shigure moreso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-chan View Post
though I do think Akira has issues and needs to grow up
Wut!? Akira, up to this point, has thoroughly made his feelings clear(whether you think they are creepy, annoying, or whatnot is up to opinion). You may not like his persistence, and I'll admit, the way he was whining about letting Shigure kiss Yuki's neck was a bit immature, but at the very least, he can speak out about his feelings in spite of others(or just Shigure). His primary reason for being provoked into pursuing a relationship with Yuki is only because Shigure can't admit his feelings and is afraid that Shigure will end up hurting Yukina because of it. I find that more immature than what Akira is doing. Furthermore, Shigure gets just as mad as Akira does, even going to the extent of grabbing him threateningly. Not to mention him RUNNING AWAY like he did after Akira strictly told him he doesn't care about Yuki. Has Akira ever ran away like this? No. This also shows that it's Shigure that has "issues", not Akira.

I just can't see how you can constantly bash down on Akira without mentioning the things Shigure is doing that is of the same level.
Old 2010-07-11, 00:55   Link #92
DanielSong39

I think all the characters have issues and that's why they're perfect for each other.

I'd love to see them go on a double date at some point. I don't care how the pairings go - I'm in it for the fireworks.

At this point I think the rivalry/friendship between Yukina and Mami has a ton of potential. Two girls with love problems and a shared love for writing cell phone novels... how sweet. Yeah, Mami is a bit nuts but Yukina frankly isn't much better in that department, so I think they'll get along swimmingly.
Old 2010-07-15, 02:21   Link #93
Jze0
Hmmm...

Read the latest chapter and it seems to me the series might actually be coming to an end. I could be wrong but with the way things went I can't help but feel like everything is wrapping up soon.

Theres one thing I like about this chapter, Yukina finally did something based on her feelings rather than for her novel. I'll be honest, it was getting annoying that most of her actions with Shigure were to farther her novel but I'm glad things are moving along this way.
Old 2010-07-15, 07:55   Link #94
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Read the latest chapter and it seems to me the series might actually be coming to an end. I could be wrong but with the way things went I can't help but feel like everything is wrapping up soon.
I wouldn't be surprised. Koko ni Iru yo! was only 20 chapters. Honestly I hope it wraps up soon. Once Mami's out of the picture, since I doubt they will focus on AkiraXYuki at this point, it will probably get boring REAL fast. I'd rather the mangaka end it than putting in filler when they get to be a couple.
Old 2010-08-12, 19:30   Link #95
Kunagisa

Just read 16, and I concur with the sentiment that it's ending soon. Hot Shigure finger x Yukina mouth action is awesome (I don't care if it's just a little!!!!).

Now that GDGD-DOGS has started I don't mind this end right now actually. That and Hyakuen are enough dosage for my monthly sugary fluffy needs. Ema Tooyama and Naru Harumi are definitely my favorite mangakas for these type of titles. Sooooooo cute.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 12:07   Link #96
Sol Falling

Just read 17...as for the manga ending, well there's at least 2 further chapters left with the raws at chapter 19. Personally I would be happy to see it go on for a while longer.

Anyway. someone mentioned wanting to see a double date? Well, I guess they got their wish. Fireworks indeed. At this point, I don't think we can get around the fact that the only thing providing this series with conflict/tension is Yukina's utter cluelessness about love/her feelings for Shigure. However, personally I'm okay with that; Yukina's reactions are somehow cuter/more poignant and her scenes with Shigure are pretty sexy. Unfortunately though Mami and Akira are taking full advantage of Yukina's inability to clearly assert what she wants, which means we get terrible cliffhangers chapter by chapter despite the final conclusion being obvious a million years ago. I wonder if Yukina x Akira fans still exist and are enjoying these developments, despite knowing they ultimately won't really lead anywhere? Seems like this tension is just an ordeal for both sides.

This chapter is a fucking mindbender. Whose fault is it that Yukina's about to be kissed by Akira while Shigure can only bang his fist from the other car? Well first, maybe...Akira, because Yukina's clearly more interested/concerned about Shigure. Making excuses and taking advantage of her inability to resist him despite a clear lack of interest on her part. On the other hand, why did Yukina lose the bet in the first place? Yukina was almost successful in not speaking to Shigure for an entire week, even despite him confronting her. In that sense it can also be said that it is Shigure's own fault that he similarly latched onto Yukina's weak spot against her will until he provoked his desired reaction out of her. Beyond that though, despite both the boys being chauvinists in this manner (i.e. "I'll make her like it even if she doesn't want to"), the more frustrating mistake seems to be Yukina's cluelessness in going along with Mami's manipulation in the first place. "Mami doesn't like me being together with Shigure, I shouldn't just do as she says" seems like a basic idea which should have crossed any basically intelligent person's mind, but Yukina's grasp of love and related emotions clearly doesn't approach even that level. Finally however there is Mami, who is the mastermind behind everything in the first place and whose plan seems self-defeating if I ever saw one. Wanting to keep Shigure and Yukina apart, she bets on their feelings being strong enough that they can't resist not talking to each other for a week? Using their real mutual relationship, she uses a flimsy manipulation to create an artificial situation which will estrange them from each other? Isn't confirming for them that they do have a genuine connection counterproductive? How does she have any confidence that this will actually work out for her in the long run?

And so goes the cycle. The present cliffhanger is everyone's fault and won't make anyone happy, but it is happening anyway. About the only thing that you can actually cheer about as being 'right' about the situation is that Shigure is yelling 'stop' cause he doesn't want it to happen. Another roadblock on the way to a happy ending.

Anyway, check out the shot of everyone's four faces on the roller coaster. That really speaks volumes. Of course, Yukina's apathetic face and Shigure's terrified one are brilliant, but the more important thing is the virtual identicality of Mami and Akira's expressions. As far as the discussion above about how always smiling faces are creepy, I think one aspect of this is key: a person smiling regardless of the faces around them shows a self-centeredness of emotion, with being content in a sense of self-satisfaction regardless of whether that satisfaction is reciprocated by others.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 13:00   Link #97
Sol Falling

18 out...males redeemed. Haha, glad to see it, it would have bothered me if that sort of behaviour was accepted without question in a shoujo manga.

Not only that, whoa: perfectly aimed blow by Akira, Mami is getting nailed just where I thought she would. The stage has been set for what might be some interesting development.

And as for the cliffhanger this time, it is AWESOME. Superb chapter, awesome manga.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 13:35   Link #98
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam
I don't see how he is a pervert or a scumbag.
I HATED the way he unbuttoned her blouse when she said she'd do it herself. T_T And then he just stared at her cleavage like the little pervert he is!! That was low! He completely took advantage of the situation and of Yukina's naivete. He didn't care about the novel at all-he just wanted to undress her and "do the same thing the other guy did"!!

Quote:
His goal isn't to do ecchi/sexual things with Yuki,.
ROFL...I be not convinced of that. He is starting to tone done a little bit....but he's still verbally pushy as all hell....>_>

Quote:
Wut!? Akira, up to this point, has thoroughly made his feelings clear(whether you think they are creepy, annoying, or whatnot is up to opinion). You may not like his persistence, and I'll admit, the way he was whining about letting Shigure kiss Yuki's neck was a bit immature, but at the very least, he can speak out about his feelings in spite of others(or just Shigure).
His possessiveness over his COUSIN is completely immature as his blind selfishness and obsession over her as well. And the fact that he took Yukina's "We will always be together" when they were FIVE so seriously....it's laughable! Someone compared him to a kindergartner who won't let go of his favorite toy and I couldn't agree more. A LEECH is less clingly when it's sucking your blood.

I know he has made his feelings clear....but he makes them SO clear that it's......annoying. He's just sounds so desperate...and desperate guys just come off as "pathetic". Aside from the pushiness, this is his biggest fault and makes him rather unlikable as a character.

Quote:
His primary reason for being provoked into pursuing a relationship with Yuki is only because Shigure can't admit his feelings and is afraid that Shigure will end up hurting Yukina because of it.
Pffft his primary reason for being provoked into pursuing a relationship with Yukina is JEALOUSY, nothing more. He's pissed because she's paying attention to someone else instead of him. You notice he didn't make any moves on her UNTIL she started seeing Shigure? Boy's got a major cousin complex. =_= That's why I said he needs to grow up and recognize reality. And before you argue with my reasoning that he's just jealous, he comes right out and says it in chapter 19!!

A: Yukina-chan, I worry when you are alone with him...
Y: Worry?
A: I'm jealous.

*facepalm*

Could you be more desperate, Akira!?

That being said, his character is beginning to slightly improve. Very very SLIGHTLY.

The raws for chapter 19 are out!! Fantastic and cute interaction with ShigurexYukina.

I definitely sense a MamixAkira vibe....which I hope dearly for...because even though I don't like either of them, they make a WONDERFUL pairing. In fact, I almost like Akira when he's with Mami and THAT'S saying something.

Oh, by the way:

Chapter 18
Spoiler:

Last edited by Chiibi; 2010-11-17 at 14:24.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 19:25   Link #99
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Looking at Mima right now, I wonder about her counterpart in the mangaka's other manga--that has the similar design and seems light hearted compared to this--- personality in it.

----I'll be frank though. The one that I like in this chapter is when Mima's going a bit 'sick' when she thought that she needs Shigure.

Quote:
I definitely sense a MamixAkira vibe....which I hope dearly for...because even though I don't like either of them, they make a WONDERFUL pairing.
I remembered that there are people that doesn't like this pairing because it might seems that they're trying to fit characters and paired it so that there won't be a character without a pairing...or something. They said that it's not creative or something----guess they like Akira to go out with someone other than a character that had already been introduced.

That being said though, I still like Akira x Mima

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 01:03   Link #100
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I remembered that there are people that doesn't like this pairing because it might seems that they're trying to fit characters and paired it so that there won't be a character without a pairing...or something. They said that it's not creative or something----guess they like Akira to go out with someone other than a character that had already been introduced.
I can understand why people don't like that, yes....and when manga authors do it it can be very "fail" but in Mami and Akira's case, it totally works. Not only do their personalities match up well (both attention-whores XD) but Akira is already having a positive influence on Mami. (making her realize she's doing wrong) which is the main reason I'm all for it.

Aside from that, they look really good together too.

Tags
character derailment, cheap romance, cliche shoujo, comedy, crappy drama, dumbina, low grade shoujo, not sudden netorare, out of character, romance, school life, shoujo, sudden netorare