AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-10, 22:28   Link #61
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Short answer, yes.

But, you need a reason to be angry. The Zentran denizens of Frontier had little to no reason to be aggressive. Then again, these Zentrans are probably what you call domesticated Zentrans.

However, as indicated in Frontier, there are Zentrans who prefer their old lifestyle, a soldier's life in battle fleets, as opposed to colonial fleets.

During Space War I, the Zentradi were created not only to be giants, but had their DNA reconfigured in macro form to be more aggressive, and prone to combat. When micloned, changes to their DNA were retracted, but this process was imperfect, thus resulting in a variety of changes depending on the individual.

In the case of Guld, it probably resulted in 0 changes.

- Tak
I suppose this is what I get for concentrating so much on Frontier and only watching the earlier stuff like once or twice each for the most part. I guess it kind of skews my perspective on the franchise a bit.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 05:04   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
The impression I get (I haven't found any proof yet, alas) is that the "new" scenes in the movie were there originally, and thus are actually "old" scenes. I don't think those scenes were actually animated until after the OVA was completed, though.
So they gave Guld a shitty death scene on purpose because the movie was going to have an awesome one to make up for it..... okay... I watched the Maboroshi Studio's Information High AMV (Maboroshi and Caldwell were easily the best AMV makers back than) before I saw Plus in OVA form, to say I was "disappointed" in the OVA version of Guld's sacrifice compared to what I saw in the AMV (the movie version) would be an understatement.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:01   Link #63
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So they gave Guld a shitty death scene on purpose because the movie was going to have an awesome one to make up for it..... okay... I watched the Maboroshi Studio's Information High AMV (Maboroshi and Caldwell were easily the best AMV makers back than) before I saw Plus in OVA form, to say I was "disappointed" in the OVA version of Guld's sacrifice compared to what I saw in the AMV (the movie version) would be an understatement.
It wasn't shitty when I saw it before the movie came out...

Anyway, the movie was WRITTEN before the OVA...that doesn't mean it was STORYBOARDED or ANIMATED before the OVA.
Old 2011-05-12, 08:13   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Anyway, the movie was WRITTEN before the OVA...that doesn't mean it was STORYBOARDED or ANIMATED before the OVA.
Duh... why do you think I did the sarcastic "okay....." or do I need to add a after every sarcastic comment. Don't forget you're the person saying The impression I get (I haven't found any proof yet, alas) is that the "new" scenes in the movie were there originally, and thus are actually "old" scenes.

It's pretty obvious they wanted to improve Guld's sacrifice from the OVA version, not that it was how it may have been originally and thus is "old" lol.

And Guld's scene in the OVA had impact for what he realized, what he did and the impact it had on his friends, but the execution of the scene was always lacking, and the movie version trumped it as easily as Street Fighter II outdid Street Fighter. Of course having seen the Movie version first means I'll always have bias, but looking @ it objectively it doesn't change things at all.
Old 2011-05-12, 08:54   Link #65
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Duh... why do you think I did the sarcastic "okay....." or do I need to add a after every sarcastic comment.
Okay...you say I misinterpreted you, and then you go ahead and misinterpret me. The irony tastes bitter:

Quote:
Don't forget you're the person saying The impression I get (I haven't found any proof yet, alas) is that the "new" scenes in the movie were there originally, and thus are actually "old" scenes.
Duh...do I need to add a footnote saying "WRITTEN, not STORYBOARDED and ANIMATED" here, coupled with another footnote saying, "And anyone who has seen a general anime script will be able to tell you that details like Guld's death will not be present in the script, which is primarily dialogue, but worked out at the storyboard stage"?

Quote:
It's pretty obvious they wanted to improve Guld's sacrifice from the OVA version, not that it was how it may have been originally and thus is "old" lol.
lol, indeed.

It's pretty common knowledge that the movie version was written first. If you want to argue that that it wasn't, though, be my guest.
Old 2011-05-12, 10:58   Link #66
magnuskn

At last the unwanted UST passes on from me to Wes. Go get him, tiger!
Old 2011-05-12, 11:09   Link #67
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Thanks a lot for making me spit out my drink in a fit of laughter. ()

Also...aside from Voices, Wanna Be an Angel is my second favorite. Third would be Idol Talk (Can you feel my juices around your rock hard BEEP! ).

And after a casual rewatch (I think about two months ago or so), I still think Isamu and Lucy had more chemistry. (Then again, I just have a soft spot for the girls in the deck/bridges...except Meyrin.)
Old 2011-05-12, 11:16   Link #68
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hey, I'm just responding to him in the same tone in which he addressed me. And I'm being much nicer than he was during the whole "Hey, if you ignore 75% of his works, then half of Kawamori's endings are BITTERSWEET!!" idiocy.
Old 2011-05-12, 11:50   Link #69
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Hey, I'm just responding to him in the same tone in which he addressed me. And I'm being much nicer than he was during the whole "Hey, if you ignore 75% of his works, then half of Kawamori's endings are BITTERSWEET!!" idiocy.
When in doubt, eat:

Please continue.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 12:56   Link #70
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Hmmm... popcorn.

I'm sorry, what were we arguing about this time, again? I got... distracted. *munch*

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 23:21   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
The only stupid thing about that was counting shows without romances lol. "hey man, there was no bittersweet romantic ending in this kids detective show, this other kids show, this film he based on a dead poet or this short he was doing for a festival so you're wrong lol" Why would you even include shows without a romantic theme in that discussion? The point was he does bittersweet endings for his romances a lot (something you got your panties into a bunch because you saw it as criticism of your precious Kawamori, who you won't let nobody call a troll ) listing these shows without a focus on romance is not countering that point at all.

The entire point of me even bringing up that bittersweet thing is that Ranka fans were claiming it was a bittersweet ending because Kawamori didn't want to do the AxS pairing, because you were pissed off @ Tak and Magnus calling Kawamori a troll (oh no!) in some thread I didn't even fucking read you latched onto the bittersweet argument. Bringing up shows that pre dated M+ (he's done far more work since) and shows without romantic themes (why?) sure showed me And now you wanna talk slick in other threads, smh.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-05-28 at 23:37.