AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 01:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Accel World - Character Discussion - Yuniko

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Yuniko Kouzuki related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Accel World fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:02   Link #2
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

The body of a 10 years old with a mind that could be 100 years older. And she's a King (because Queen is not an option). Probably the main source of entertainment since her introduction, let's hope she stays around.
Old 2012-07-06, 13:37   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Her head constantly gets too big. I remember that one shot where her hand was like 1/6th or something of her head.
Then I raised my hand to my fast to check. About 5/6th of my head? In other words, Nico-channel's head is...............

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-07-06, 23:52   Link #4
Miraluka
Banned

Is she Akira or is she Runa-chan?

I think she a descendant from the the latter. Her character gave more dinamics to the second arc.
Old 2012-07-07, 06:32   Link #5
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

For me, she would the result if Last Order was raised by Accelerator for too long. I mean look at how she smile when she fired her dakka. It is practically how Accelerator would in that situation.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:00   Link #6
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
For me, she would the result if Last Order was raised by Accelerator for too long. I mean look at how she smile when she fired her dakka. It is practically how Accelerator would in that situation.
Rather, this is what would have happened if Misaka Worst had a 10 year old body

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Her head constantly gets too big. I remember that one shot where her hand was like 1/6th or something of her head.
Then I raised my hand to my fast to check. About 5/6th of my head? In other words, Nico-channel's head is...............
Probably a running gag by the anime staff when they want to emphasize the sudden switch between her personalities.
Though the shape of her eyes and that stare are more than enough
Old 2012-09-10, 19:39   Link #7
judasmartel
*Author

She has the looks and voice of Last Order, but has the personality of Accelerator.
Old 2012-09-10, 21:24   Link #8
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

I find it surprising that her look change so much from
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-12-08, 19:03   Link #9
Sunder the Gold

Those forked energy weapons located on the crown of the Immobile Fortress... anyone got any idea what those might be?

Magnetized plasma cannons or something?
Old 2012-12-10, 20:15   Link #10
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Those forked energy weapons located on the crown of the Immobile Fortress... anyone got any idea what those might be?

Magnetized plasma cannons or something?
This is only speculation right part but some theorized it might be emblem of the red legion.
Old 2012-12-10, 23:04   Link #11
Sunder the Gold

The emblem of Prominence (The Red Legion) is the circle with the zig-zagging lines on either side.

I'm talking about the two tuning-forking looking things on top of the Immobile Fortress which are clearly weapons.
Old 2012-12-10, 23:08   Link #12
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I find it surprising that her look change so much from
Spoiler for LN:
That actually really threw me off for a long time when I saw that in the image thread when the anime first started. She showed up, name rang a bell, and I was like... then who did I see that image of?
Old 2012-12-12, 23:13   Link #13
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
This is only speculation right part but some theorized it might be emblem of the red legion.
http://accelworld.wikia.com/wiki/Yuniko_K%C5%8Dzuki

You might be talking about the green gems in the center which sort of form a pattern like the Red Legion's emblem.

Look ABOVE that. Not at the "chest", but at the CROWN of the machine, which would roughly be its forehead.

Between the boxy missile launchers are two black guns, each with two tines. They are energy weapons.

What I would like to know is WHAT kind of energy weapons they might be, based on real-life physics or plausible sci-fi.

Magnetized plasma, or something?
Old 2012-12-13, 13:19   Link #14
Dark Wing

Oh that!

Sadly I have no clue that those are for since I don't think the their use was every explained.
Old 2012-12-13, 14:02   Link #15
Sunder the Gold

Yuniko's weapons, from what I've seen:

-unidentified, large handgun (in the manga, she says, "Would you believe that this is my strongest weapon?")

-Immobile Fortress
-- cannon-arms; apparently shoot energy-blasts; also used for Special Move: "Heat Blast Saturation"

-- shoulder-mounted missile-launchers; long range, limited homing capabilities, anti-air capable

-- other shoulder/back-mounted missile launchers, fires from rotating mechanisms; seen used against Silver Crow before Hailstorm Domination

-- twin, chest-mounted tri-barrel rotary guns

-- twin, crown-mounted energy dischargers

-- ventral thrusters; more of an improvised weapon; probably meant primarily to assist the Fortress with moving despite its weight, when not anchored in place.

--"Hailstorm Domination" -- a special attack that uses the energy guns together with both sets of missile launchers; the smaller black launchers on top of the boxy red launchers behave differently compared to when they were used for a normal attack.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2012-12-16 at 02:01.
Old 2013-03-04, 17:38   Link #16
Sunder the Gold

I have a theory that says Scarlet Rain boasts greater long-range firepower than Red Rider ever did... because she tried packing as many guns as possible into one single weapon.

The "Alpha Strike"; firing all of your weapons at once.

Rider could have had an even larger variety of guns, and some of them may have had firepower to put Heat Blast Saturation to shame... but he couldn't have matched the Hailstorm Domination for sheer carpet-bombing potential.

Even the merely Level 7 Crimson Kingbolt had more firepower than the original Red King, since his Mega-Machine also packed many long-range weapons into one alpha-striking package.

As evidenced by his gunsmithing item and his horse, Rider preferred a more flexible and mobile approach to long-range combat. Which meant holding only one gun at a time (a few, at the most) and choosing the right one for the specific opponent and situation.

Other Red avatars might be similar. Dual, rapid-fire handguns for close-range engagement, automatic rifles for mid-range engagement, sniper rifles for extreme long-range, mortars for bombarding over walls, rockets for structure-demolition...
Old 2013-03-14, 05:50   Link #17
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Shiyumi has been bugging me to put it as.. anything other than Koudzuki, which I was using.

The main thing is, Niko when written in katakana is コウジキ ユニコ. Technically speaking, the most accurate romanisation for ジ is "dzu" because it is the addition of dakuten to ツ, muddying the sound from "tsu" to "dzu". And that also means I pronounce it the same way.

Hence when translating, I really put every syllable down, Ko-u-dzu-ki.

Shiyumi, were you the anon editor who tried to change it to Kozuki?

In any case, should I still keep it as Koudzuki, or use Kouzuki, or the shortest form out there, Kozuki?
Old 2013-03-14, 09:26   Link #18
Shiyumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
Shiyumi has been bugging me to put it as.. anything other than Koudzuki, which I was using.

The main thing is, Niko when written in katakana is コウジキ ユニコ. Technically speaking, the most accurate romanisation for ジ is "dzu" because it is the addition of dakuten to ツ, muddying the sound from "tsu" to "dzu". And that also means I pronounce it the same way.

Hence when translating, I really put every syllable down, Ko-u-dzu-ki.

Shiyumi, were you the anon editor who tried to change it to Kozuki?

In any case, should I still keep it as Koudzuki, or use Kouzuki, or the shortest form out there, Kozuki?
Yes, it was me. You should keep it as Kozuki (ou=ō, dzu=zu). Anime and manga both pronoun that way, and it sound more natural.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:51   Link #19
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

after consulting with another translator, I'll keep it as Kouzuki (with that line over the o)

Compromise reached.

Edit...not. Xplorer30 got back, he uses Koudzuki too. If you don't like it that much, Shiyumi, you might wanna look around for others who prefer Kouzuki too. The anime does make it sound like Kouzuki, but that's because they're native Japanese speakers (duh), rolling off the sounds so quickly they blend together. A native speaker and listenr would write it down as Koudzuki too, I think.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-03-15 at 02:36.
Old 2013-03-14, 20:03   Link #20
Sunder the Gold

In the Light Novels, Yuniko was challenged to a duel while she was staying at Haruyuki's house.

She pasted the challenger and bade him warn everyone else in the Battle Area to leave her alone.

We don't get to see the Kings struct their stuff enough, so I'd like to see a fanfic that explored that fight.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters