AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 18:32   Link #6281
Kyuu
=^^=

Hey, way to show class Boston area:

Spoiler:

But, if it is all fun-and-games, I'll give you that.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 20:21   Link #6282
sky black swordman

^ If that's is real, I got to say that is just wrong !
Old 2013-01-16, 21:29   Link #6283
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I live 10 minutes from Foxboro Stadium, so perhaps I'll drive by and verify it for you tomorrow, lol.

Edit: Whoops, meant to say Gillette Stadium. Foxboro is the old stadium that got replaced in 2002. It is still in Foxboro, MA, though, on the same spot, but it's much nicer now. First and foremost no more aluminum bleachers (yes Foxboro stadium was shittier than some college stadiums..), but also an attached plaza with a movie theater, Trader Joe's, CBS Sports Scene Bar and Grill, Five Guys, and a bunch of other stores. Also a great live venue for music where I got to see one of my favorite guitarists last summer.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2013-01-16 at 22:15.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:35   Link #6284
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I live 10 minutes from Foxboro Stadium, so perhaps I'll drive by and verify it for you tomorrow, lol.
Just for fun, if it's there, see if it counts down to the start of the game or the end.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 22:59   Link #6285
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I know this isn't a job board, but I just you give you guys the heads up on a great job opportunity:

http://jobs.uoregon.edu/unclassified.php?id=4142

I just e-mailed them my resume. I think I have a decent shot for an interview, personally.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:00   Link #6286
Samari
World's Greatest

In case you don't already know and have been under a rock, it's been discovered that star Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o is now involved in a revelation regarding his girlfriend of three years, who recently "died", never actually existed. The entire thing was apparently a hoax. Deadspin broke the story today in great detail, which I recommend reading. Here is the link:

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

This entire thing is like an episode of Unsolved Mysteries and really unsettling and disturbing in some instances. I'm not a big college football fan, but it's obvious this incident is going to have repercussions on Te'o moving forward. I wonder how it will effect his draft stock since he is going to enter the NFL Draft. The entire thing has blown up over the internet. I have to wonder how much Te'o was really involved. Apparently he talked to her every single night on the phone and it just seems convenient that this was a long distance relationship and they were never spotted together even once. Was he in on this because a publicity stunt? Is he now trying to save face because it's blown up beyond containment?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2013-01-16 at 23:11.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:06   Link #6287
kyp275
Meh

I think it really depends on the ability of Te'o to convince people that he was an unwitting victim instead of the perpetrator. Either way, I don't think it'll affect his draft stock TOO much, some team may shy away, but those that are struggling won't hesitate to snap him up.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:10   Link #6288
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I don't see him on any mock drafts as an automatic top-5 pick anymore, more like a 15th-25th pick, but his stock was already falling due to his terrible game in the championship. It'll definitely drop some more on most teams boards, since would be seen as a disciplinary issue, but obviously the teams like the Raiders and the Patriots won't care since they regularly pick players like that. All in all, I still he is a definitely a first round pick and the people going overboards saying that he won't be drafted high (or at all) are overreacting.

When combine time comes around though, he is going to get grilled hard during the team interview process.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:15   Link #6289
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
RT "‏@LennayKay
It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow"
How can you tweet from the dead...

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-01-16, 23:27   Link #6290
Samari
World's Greatest

Interesting opinion from another board:

Quote:
thing is...

Notre Dame guy said that Teo said he NEVER MET HER. So he at least misled people. Maybe he lied because he "didn't want to admit he's a geek with women and has little experience." Well, as a super Mormon, that's kind of assumed.

How's this...your "girlfriend" of 3 years is dying in the hospital from a car accident, no now it's cancer...and you STILL DON'T VISIT HER? She's going to die and you're never going to meet her! Why not visit? No? He never did.

As for "this was an elaborate hoax"...the guy who set it up (read Deadspin), is Teo's FRIEND, Tuiassosopo, or however you spell that name. It isn't debateable that they are long time "friends". So he got some woman to talk with him on the phone for hours and hours,...to what end? For 3 years...and teo never insisted on seeing her. Or visited her in the hospital. Did she con him out of money? What? What's the motive for 3 years?

Put that together with "verified" long term phone convo's....yeah long term phone convo's with HIS FRIEND, Tuiassoppo, who is probably his '***' friend. Did anyone hear the voice on the other end of the line other than Teo?

And the fake photos of his "girlfriend" are from a girl who is friends with Tuiassopoo...and SHE says she NEVER MET TEO. She was clueless as to this thing. So there was no "meeting" b/c if he did, he'd know right away "Hey, this is not the girl from the pics". Also notre dame spokesman says TEO never met her.

This whole thing started as a way to answer questions of why he wasn't chasing any females at Notre Dame. Star linebacker of the football team, good looking guy, lots of women around....and no interest from our super hero football star.....So after 3 years of this game to answer questions of "hey teo, why not go out with some of these shapely co-eds chasing you around?"..."Can't guys, I have this HOT GIRLFRIEND in Cali!"."...he decides, "you know what? I need some publicity for the Heisman, I'll have her die and you know I'll be the hero bravely battling the death of my one true love (who I've never even met)".

Otherwise you'd have to believe that he never visits her in the hospital, never sees her grave site. It's utterly ludicrous.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-01-16, 23:37   Link #6291
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

http://www.businessinsider.com/arizo...#ixzz2ICjPoBsZ
Quote:
Although Deadspin, Notre Dame, and Manti Te'o himself are saying Lennay Kekua never existed and was a fabrication in an elaborate hoax, one NFL player claims to have met her.

Reagan Maui'a, a fullback for the Arizona Cardinals, told ESPN that he met Kekua doing charity work in American Samoa in 2011. Here's what he said:

Quote:
"This was before her and Manti. I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."
Maui'a said it was Ronaiah Tuiasosopo — the person who Deadspin reports invented Kekua on the Internet — who introduced the two. Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers was allegedly there as well.

From ESPN:

Quote:
He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."
Deadspin reports that the evidence is overwhelming that Kekua — at least the person we taught Kekua was — did not exist. There is no death certificate, or record of her having graduating from Stanford.

So perhaps Maui'a's claim is just proof that there is a whole lot that we just don't know right now.
What is this i don't even. . . just give it up dude, he's caught.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:42   Link #6292
Samari
World's Greatest

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-01-17, 08:34   Link #6293
GDB

Just saw a great billboard on the way to work in Baltimore this morning. Ray Lewis, helmet clad, on a dark background, with just the words "Not everything. Not yet."
Old 2013-01-20, 14:54   Link #6294
sky black swordman

Just a few minutes till kickoff for the NFC championship game.

Edit: Falcons up 17-0.
It's all about the Atlanta Falcons in the first Q.

Edit: 24 -14, Atlanta lead going into the second half.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-01-20 at 16:35.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:57   Link #6295
kyp275
Meh

well, barring another miracle comeback, the 49ers is gonna take this one

queue obligatory atlanta fan rage about matt ryan in postseason
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 18:04   Link #6296
YF19EX

28 to 24 whoohooh! Back to the superbowl 49ers!!!!
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 18:05   Link #6297
GDB

Okay Ravens, let's get it done! We need a Harbowl! No more damned Patriots!
Old 2013-01-20, 19:01   Link #6298
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Ray Lewis is such an inspiration :,). A generic inspiration, but an inspiration all the same.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 19:50   Link #6299
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Nice win by the niners. Felt bad seeing Gonzalez at the end, but I was ultimately pulling for the niners to make it. Also did anyone else catch that priceless reaction by Harbaugh when they didn't overturn that catch in the 4th. That guy never ceases to crack me up.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 19:55   Link #6300
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Also did anyone else catch that priceless reaction by Harbaugh when they didn't overturn that catch in the 4th. That guy never ceases to crack me up.
That was god damned hilarious.

Tags
american football, sports