AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-25, 14:28   Link #161
penny16

I'm played trickster too...

i'm played trickster online too... (boring...)
penny16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 16:20   Link #162
Mobly

Here's 2 by U.S. company Outspark

Fiesta I love this game, easy to get into and I love the feature: "Kingdom Quests", and an awesome community of players.

They also make a game that looks a lot like RO
Secret of the Solstice

Both are free
Mobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 15:46   Link #163
randomuser83

I dont want to double post but check out this f2p MMORPG called Perfect World. The post is listed below.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...14#post1734314
randomuser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 16:57   Link #164
Pupsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobly View Post
Fiesta I love this game, easy to get into and I love the feature: "Kingdom Quests", and an awesome community of players.
Yeah, I play way too much Fiesta. I was at Ten Ton Hammer and saw their giving out a free PSP for people who sign up for Fiesta through their site, so if you haven't tried now would be the time

The contest page is here.

If anyone signs up look for me in game my name is larkn on the teva server.
Pupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 18:40   Link #165
karasho

Woh, just heard bout that contest. Awesome event right there. Hope people sign up for it and gets the psp.
karasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 07:41   Link #166
Bambii

I myself love anime MMORPGs, but I just can't find anything for my taste! I just went through this whole thread, but NOTHING. I still gotta try Mabinogi, but I'm afraid that wont satisfy my taste either. -_-'

Are there any MMoRPGs that are in a modern world? XD
Bambii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 17:06   Link #167
Coruja

I've been playing Wonderland Online myself, I started playing it because of the graphics, they are ADORABLE. But it is a fun game anyway so it's okay. It's pretty intuitive and versatile, somehow it reminds me of an online Rune Factory. I find the gameplay very girl-friendly as well, personally.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 10:27   Link #168
Bambii

I tried Wonderland, didn't like it. Those fights and stuff ain't really my thing. I also DIDN'T like the graphics, and the game is to slow. To crowded as well. I don't like that there is no something like a city, or anything, just goddamn forst, and caves. -_-

Now I'm trying Audition, not but for now, but I'll see (dancing game). Mabinogi doesn't work for Europe. T_T And it looked soo good.

Btw I tried playing Yogurting, but it didn't work, anyone knows why?
Old 2008-08-05, 11:58   Link #169
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Rose Online went F2P. http://roseonlinegame.com/

Anyone heard of Atlantica Online? It's a turn based mmorpg coming soon, first one actually. Also it will be
F2P, which is good. The world you play actually takes place on earth, but with a fantasy setting.

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 16:43   Link #170
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambii View Post
Mabinogi doesn't work for Europe. T_T And it looked soo good.
Are you the type of person that hasn't seem a cow before? ...or is looking for school. Mabinogi is the type of game where you basically have your social life (?) online. (as ridiculous as it may sound) You basically do things and move all over the place, wasting time on some things, something like Work Time. For example milk cow, get unrefined what not, get hammer blah blah blah blah [3 hours later] put milk in new glass. Congratulations you've just created a glass of milk! it doesn't really do anything and you can't drink it, but you had "fun" doing it.

I don't know what to say about it, I guess if you look at it a certain way you could say it's no less stupid then killing monsters.
The graphics are kind of bulky and it's a resource hog. Personally I don't really like it.

As for it not being playable if your in Europe, lies!
Let's just say nobody's trying too hard to ban you.
Old 2008-08-06, 00:50   Link #171
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Damn... and I just wasted a mess of bandwidth downloading Mabinogi... ah well, I'll try it anyway and form my own opinion.

So far though, DOMO is the least annoying of the "anime"ish MMOs I've come across.

The "Dungeon Runners" (free mode) is a hoot (pokes fun at the whole MMO concept and the players) ... but it seems to have some network latency issues I don't encounter with other MMOs.
Old 2008-08-06, 15:53   Link #172
Bambii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Are you the type of person that hasn't seem a cow before? ...or is looking for school. Mabinogi is the type of game where you basically have your social life (?) online. (as ridiculous as it may sound) You basically do things and move all over the place, wasting time on some things, something like Work Time. For example milk cow, get unrefined what not, get hammer blah blah blah blah [3 hours later] put milk in new glass. Congratulations you've just created a glass of milk! it doesn't really do anything and you can't drink it, but you had "fun" doing it.

I don't know what to say about it, I guess if you look at it a certain way you could say it's no less stupid then killing monsters.
The graphics are kind of bulky and it's a resource hog. Personally I don't really like it.

As for it not being playable if your in Europe, lies!
Let's just say nobody's trying too hard to ban you.
O.o
Was the first line supposed to be an offense or what? "Didnt seen a cow"? Dont get it. -.-

Anyway, I dunno if it is really lies, it didn't work with my comp - didnt want to login. And I read someting in their Support page, I guess I misunderstood it, lol. XD
What, it's stupid game? It really looked fun... There is COW MILKING? Man... that sounds like fun (NOT) XD I thought it i better tahn that. What is the "goal" of the game? To become the greatest cow milking man or what? XD

btw, what is with that ban thing? Didnt get it either. Write something understandable already. :P
Old 2008-08-06, 16:54   Link #173
Coruja

Hey, milking digital cows is FUN!

(don't mind me, I'm a Harvest Moon fangirl )
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 01:05   Link #174
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambii View Post
O.o
Was the first line supposed to be an offense or what? "Didnt seen a cow"? Dont get it. -.-

Anyway, I dunno if it is really lies, it didn't work with my comp - didnt want to login. And I read someting in their Support page, I guess I misunderstood it, lol. XD
What, it's stupid game? It really looked fun... There is COW MILKING? Man... that sounds like fun (NOT) XD I thought it i better tahn that. What is the "goal" of the game? To become the greatest cow milking man or what? XD

btw, what is with that ban thing? Didnt get it either. Write something understandable already. :P
Perhaps Cats had been at the catnip a bit much.... O.o

Anyway... so far it looks like Mabinogi is a rather social game that tries to give you career options outside of the "kill the monster" rut (though you can slay'n'hack in dungeons). It focuses more on rewards for crafting skills, socialization, and bard skills.
The graphics are a little blocky -- and I've not been in long enough to quantify the "quality of the average player".

The main annoyance I have is that its version of 'play free' + cash shop is rather annoying. It lets me set up an entire character only to be informed at the last second I've wasted my time because I chose non-free attributes (not labeled as such either). I'm going to mess with it some more because the potential to play a non-violent character sounds interesting. I can only slay cute pigs in DOMO if I need violence.

(Hard to believe I play PvP rarghhhhh on the adult MMO Age of Conan... but then I keep wondering where the adults are there :P )
Old 2008-08-07, 04:25   Link #175
Bambii

Haha, it looks like it! X3

Well, that's the game I've been looking for then XD I mean I can't play it, but I'm bored with all that experience thing, and slay 2 brown bears etc etc -_- All the games are the same. Mabinogi seemed a lot better to me... but now, I'm not sure anymore XD

Quote:
I'm going to mess with it some more because the potential to play a non-violent character sounds interesting.
That is exactly what I was looking for! DAMN! -_- Any idea why it doesn't work on my comp?
Old 2008-08-07, 04:48   Link #176
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Can you describe the problem? If you're outside the US you'll get a Area not Supported error when trying to log in; or something saying something similar.
Old 2008-08-07, 08:18   Link #177
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Perhaps Cats had been at the catnip a bit much.... O.o

Anyway... so far it looks like Mabinogi is a rather social game that tries to give you career options outside of the "kill the monster" rut (though you can slay'n'hack in dungeons). It focuses more on rewards for crafting skills, socialization, and bard skills.
The graphics are a little blocky -- and I've not been in long enough to quantify the "quality of the average player".

The main annoyance I have is that its version of 'play free' + cash shop is rather annoying. It lets me set up an entire character only to be informed at the last second I've wasted my time because I chose non-free attributes (not labeled as such either). I'm going to mess with it some more because the potential to play a non-violent character sounds interesting. I can only slay cute pigs in DOMO if I need violence.

(Hard to believe I play PvP rarghhhhh on the adult MMO Age of Conan... but then I keep wondering where the adults are there :P )
They do mark them. Premium features have that little star in the corner of the icon.

And I have to correct you all (as a Mabinogi nerd). Its a fantasy life game. The mainstory line WILL force you to fight (a lot) but its a game that you don't have to do any combat at all to level up (though the EXP from anything else is very little) so you could make a character who did nothing but part-time jobs and stuff all day long.

As far as combat goes I find Mabinogi has one of the best. Since its not one of those "click and forget" or "click and push a F key or number key once in a while". The graphics look old because the game is like 6 years old or something Its a very old game that in Korea is just reaching Chapter 3 Generation 9 (in contrast the US is up to Chapter 1 Generation 2 Season 4).

On that topic though Mabinogi is the only "kid"-looking one of the series. Besides Mabinogi 360 (That is Mabinogi on the Xbox 360) there's Mabinogi 2 and Mabinogi: Heroes in development. Though no footage of Mabinogi 2 exists Mabinogi: Heroes is a very bloody game that plays like a hack 'n slash only with some more thought put into it (i.e. You can break pretty much everything in the environment. You can wield TREES as weapons... Kick monsters into walls, etc. etc.)

Mabinogi though is IP locked to US and Oceania. Anyone living elsewhere will need to use an IP masker to play.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:31   Link #178
Bambii

I didnt get anything like that... I dont remember now XD Ill check out and then report X3
Old 2008-08-08, 06:59   Link #179
Bambii

OK, when I try to login to Mabinogi, it says "Not a service area" something like that. Anyone knows what that means?
Old 2008-08-08, 08:56   Link #180
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Yes... It means you are outside of NA and Australia.

Only NA and Aus are allowed to play for the english Mabinogi.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg