Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-04-25, 15:47   Link #4401
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i kinda wonder what they mean by having kallen and gino have a KMF fight ?
both the tristan and the guren are damaged, but to a degree that they are both fixable
do they mean like that ? (not that it would be much of a fight if the SEITEN gets fixed)
About the Kallen and Gino KMF fight. I would think since that is what Gino interest in Kallen was thorughout the series was and never happened. Okouchi probably thought that he should mention that in the PD. It'll probably would be normal KMF's just to see who's the more skilled pilot. Since that was what Gino wanted out of Kallen during the series.
Old 2009-04-25, 15:58   Link #4402
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
you mean in mook machines ?
i'm still voting for kallen
she can kick satherland asses in a glassgo with one hand
Old 2009-04-25, 16:10   Link #4403
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Well Gino won't have an chance in my opinion.
Old 2009-04-25, 16:13   Link #4404
yvj
U Mad?

Chance?

Suzaku blinked at Gino and his power cut off. Kallen will wipe the floor with him using a Model T ford
Old 2009-04-25, 16:47   Link #4405
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, we didn't saw it yet, since "they remember rolo and shirley" is too vague, i hope that everyone honor Shirley, since she was the heart of the council after all.

And Rolo deserves at least a mention "He was a nice guy, right?" from everyone.

Gino who? There's a blond guy doing something there at the pics, but i don't know what he's doing there. I think he's an extra of Outlaw star that is in the wrong set, who knows.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 16:48   Link #4406
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Yeah, no one aside from Lelouch and Rolo himself (and probably Suzaku) know that Rolo killed Shirley. :/ There's no reason for them not to speak kindly of him.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 16:51   Link #4407
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Yeah, no one aside from Lelouch and Rolo himself (and probably Suzaku) know that Rolo killed Shirley. :/ There's no reason for them not to speak kindly of him.
except for nunnaly and kallen and nina who never met him
Old 2009-04-25, 16:51   Link #4408
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I think Suzaku knows. They were friends again at the time between the big batlle and the end, Lelouch probably get of of his mask and said all the truth for him(for everything, since Suzaku was suspicious about a LOT of things), besides, Suzaku is not dumb and he knows Lelouch better than anyone else. Lelouch can be an ass sometimes, but he wouldn't kill Shirley even if she was Charles in a disguise.
Old 2009-04-25, 16:52   Link #4409
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Well, we didn't saw it yet, since "they remember rolo and shirley" is too vague, i hope that everyone honor Shirley, since she was the heart of the council after all.
Yeah I'm hoping they show Shirley some love as well
Old 2009-04-25, 16:57   Link #4410
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
except for nunnaly and kallen and nina who never met him
Well... they wouldn't speak badly of him. I mean, it's common courtesy to speak good of the ... absent, especially if he was a friend to the people that you're speaking to. Even if you don't know him personally.

Did anyone ever try to find out where he disappeared to, btw? Do they know/think he's dead, or what?
Old 2009-04-25, 17:03   Link #4411
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They probably figure he's dead, what with no evidence to the contrary.
Old 2009-04-25, 17:05   Link #4412
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i still am trying to figure out how milly and rivals deal with the new info about rolo
remembering nunnaly also means remembering that rolo WASNT lelouch's brother after all
Old 2009-04-25, 17:06   Link #4413
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
i still am trying to figure out how milly and rivals deal with the new info about rolo
remembering nunnaly also means remembering that rolo WASNT lelouch's brother after all
Well, they don't know that he was a psycho assassin, either, so maybe they give him the benefit of the doubt since he seems like a nice kid.
Old 2009-04-25, 17:10   Link #4414
Xander

If it was just a brief mention of Rolo and Shirley (from Milly?) then it's all up to how much we want to read into that scene, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
You know the last arc of the series was amiss when you have people praying that the final pieces of side material will at least keep people in character

I guess you could indeed say that, can't you? Oh well...the PD doesn't seem to have great writing or anything, just consistency.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 17:12   Link #4415
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Yeah, he don't need to be Lelouch's brother to be loved, who cares after all. He was with them, that's all that matters. The times they spend together and all the stuff.

OMG, this last PD is so good that i'm happy. True happy. I'm even thinking about having three kids and naming them Kalulu, is and CANON.

Jeremiah, Sayoko, Viletta, Anya, even Gino... Everyone that matters is there, besides C.C and Lelouch. It's perfect. They don't need to do anything else. Besides ressurrecting Lulu and animate that scene with Kallen at the bed.
Old 2009-04-25, 19:19   Link #4416
Nobodyman9
Banned

Just read through the PD 9 translation. Looks pretty good. My thoughts:

Oh, I know you Kalulus are just up in arms over the Kallenunna conversation, but allow me to ruin your fun. A Kallenunna conversation does not canon make. Yes, Lelouch was a very important person to them and that's some common ground for them, but that's it. Kalulu canon? Nope, I don't see it.

So Ougi and Viletta have a daughter eh? I was so expecting a boy, but that's pretty cool.

Jeremiah/Anya conversation sounds good.

Kallen/Gino conversation. I can take it or leave. We all know KaGino isn't canon, or even remotely so.

Also yvj and Kid Ying, I'm glad you're with me that Shirley should get an honorable mention (and I say she doesn't get enough love )

Rolo mention? Phh, whatever. I know the CG staff are very well committed to the idea of pretending that the fact that he killed Shirley never happened.

All in all, sounds like a great PD, and I'd love to hear/see the full dialogue translation.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:36   Link #4417
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Personally, I'm not all that upset that Rolo killed Shirley. It led to one of the most dramatic/romantic/angsty scenes in the anime. *sucker for tragedy* Also, yay, it made Lelouch go even crazier. =D

I don't think the staff were trying to pretend he didn't kill Shirley, I think the rest of the characters just... never knew about it, so it wasn't mentioned. That's all. :/
Old 2009-04-25, 19:39   Link #4418
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Personally, I'm not all that upset that Rolo killed Shirley. It led to one of the most dramatic/romantic/angsty scenes in the anime. *sucker for tragedy* Also, yay, it made Lelouch go even crazier. =D
I'll agree with that. Maybe I didn't like it as much as you did, but I'll agree.

Quote:
I don't think the staff were trying to pretend he didn't kill Shirley, I think the rest of the characters just... never knew about it, so it wasn't mentioned. That's all. :/
Well, the way they treat him with honorable mentions and Lelouch loving him as a brother, you'd think they just preted it never happened.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:41   Link #4419
eaglei3

So, how far after the series end is PD9 supposed to take place? Doesn't seem that it could have been that far based on what happens in it.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:48   Link #4420
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, the way they treat him with honorable mentions and Lelouch loving him as a brother, you'd think they just preted it never happened.
The whole Rolo and Shirley thing was already dealt with, so I guess they figured there was no need to bring it up again when he'd already sort of atoned for it by giving his life to save Lelouch's.

After all, when you think about it, Rolo and Shirley were kind of similar (okay, only a very tiny bit, but I'll mention it right here) --- they both loved Lelouch to the very end and in a sense gave their lives for him (Shirley was running to try and help him, right). Rolo was just... a lot more insane about it. And they both 'killed' for him (except in Shirley's case Villetta wasn't really dead, and in Rolo's case it was... unnecessary)