Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-12, 20:14   Link #941
SpOiLeR
wo shi frank

Send a message via AIM to SpOiLeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
2. The mainstream human population overall in general is still as shitty and asshole, incapable to tolerate differences of any kind up to date. So if people found about others that do not even look physically like them, then they'll take for granted that are either deformed freaks or non-humans.
We're still enduring a paradigmatic, stereotype state of consciousness where the images and looks tell who you are.
that is soooo true. i could'nt have put it any better.
well, what can we do...

here's a question for everyone:

If u could be born as a superior race (diclonious?) or as a normal human, which would u choose?
SpOiLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 21:05   Link #942
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... which of the guys here are you agreeing with? I mean, from what I see, it seems people here have very polarized opinions about this show, some think it's the incarnation of perfection, some think it's a huge disappointment, some think it's absolutely flawless, some think it has quite some big flaws...
Well... I would be more affiliated to your side and John's. You can judge from my review ( here ).

A lot of times when we like something, we overanalyze things to come up with some argument to prove that it can be likeable. When we overanalyze anything, sometimes we can even come up with something out of thin air. Point : the lovers of Chrno Crusade the animation. This even applies to things we hate. Point : Futakoi and the pedomaniacs. Thus, the same lies with Elfen Lied in my humble opinion.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 23:57   Link #943
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
OKey... Well i'm new here.

I finished up Elfenlied last friday, All I have to say is wonderful Anime. I was hooked after the first 5 minutes... After completing the series it left we with a cold feeling for some reason...

Also any word on if theres going to be a Season 2? I know someone could have said somthing about it, I dont feel like going threw 40+ pages:0
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 00:49   Link #944
SpOiLeR
wo shi frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver4k
OKey... Well i'm new here.

I finished up Elfenlied last friday, All I have to say is wonderful Anime. I was hooked after the first 5 minutes... After completing the series it left we with a cold feeling for some reason...

Also any word on if theres going to be a Season 2? I know someone could have said somthing about it, I dont feel like going threw 40+ pages:0
there WILL BE an ova to the series, if not a second season.

quote from a post on this site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mwhead2.kumoko.net/anime/archives/000746.html
In case you wondering who's that behind the door at the end...

I'm absolutly sure it's Nyuu.
Because it's explicitly stated that Lucy's remaining horn broke and in the manga,she reverted to Nyuu when that happens.There's also the fact that Diclonius sense each other when they're close by and Nana didn't pick up vibes at the table.

About the OVA...
Latest info inform me that the OVA will deal with events between Ep 10 and 11 as Nana adjust to her new life in the mansion, most likely it will be pack as Ep 14 on Vol 7 of the R2-JP DVD release.

Finally the manga....
Lots of events happen in Vol.9.If you're a Mariko fan, you definitely need to get it ASAP.Myu~myu~!
yet another quote from the same site:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mwhead2.kumoko.net/anime/archives/000746.html
i've only got one thing to say : When the time comes the season of the second will appear (said to be within the next year around this time but i may be wrong) me myself i talked to ms nyu herself (yes i'm a lucky bastard) and she told me that...
i sure hope we can look forward to another season of elfen lied. but if they don't have enough manga to work with they're gonna have to work from bs, like what happened to koi kaze
Old 2004-11-13, 12:56   Link #945
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpOiLeR
there WILL BE an ova to the series, if not a second season.

quote from a post on this site:

yet another quote from the same site:

i sure hope we can look forward to another season of elfen lied. but if they don't have enough manga to work with they're gonna have to work from bs, like what happened to koi kaze
I hope it does not come down to that, I hate BS TV show(Like enterprise)... I hope Lucy is still around in Nyuu.. becuase Elfenlied would not be Elfenlied with out Lucy.
Old 2004-11-13, 13:16   Link #946
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What the producers and staff should had done was to wait for more manga material to be released and begin to broadcast the show the next summer '05.

Of course, if have they come to that decision we would not know anything about ELFEN LIED until summer '05 with ADV already acquired the licensing rights for the show for a full time year.

Hypothetically speaking:
Have the producers decided to launch the TV show around the next summer, they will have material for around volumes 1-10 of the manga to structure the anime's story and pace.
Then that would mean the anime would have been made with significant changes in some episodes, for example episodes 12 and 13, and it would had turned out to be in the twenty-six episode format.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 16:56   Link #947
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
How many volumes of the manga is planned? I think Elfen Lied is close to its end now that the Director's plan is finally set in motion...
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 17:51   Link #948
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
How many volumes of the manga is planned? I think Elfen Lied is close to its end now that the Director's plan is finally set in motion...
As far as my acquaintances and sources tell me, chapters 84 and 85 (the first two chapters for the tenth volume) had been released in this month and the previous one.

If it turns out that volume 10th is the last one, we won't be seeing the finalé until April or May '05.

I hypothesize that volume 10 will either end until chapter 91 or 92.

However, with just 5 to 6 chapters pending for volume 10, it'll seem too rushed to end the manga IMO, therefore, I can theorize that there's a possibility for Okamoto-san to continue the plot and now give all out the climax in an 11th volume.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 20:00   Link #949
The Yellow Dwarf

When looking for the name of the OP, I saw in the credits, the background for the anime is listed to be done by a group called "Shanghai Supermen," followed by a bunch of names in Chinese. I guess I'm a little slow on everything, but is anime outsourcing for cheaper labor too?
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 20:23   Link #950
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dwarf
When looking for the name of the OP, I saw in the credits, the background for the anime is listed to be done by a group called "Shanghai Supermen," followed by a bunch of names in Chinese. I guess I'm a little slow on everything, but is anime outsourcing for cheaper labor too?
That's kinda stereotypical and racist dude
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 20:29   Link #951
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
What the producers and staff should had done was to wait for more manga material to be released and begin to broadcast the show the next summer '05.
There wil be no 2nd season for 2 reasons.
1st EL wasn't exactly a big hit in Japan due to non coverage by most Anime mag.It has achieve cult status at most.

2nd.One of the major thing in the manga is that Kouta have regain his memories and decide not to forgive Lucy whereas in the anime he has.The anime will need a big rewrite of the plot if they need a 2nd season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dwarf

Anime is a low paying and unappreciated job which nobody (except those who love the genre) wants to do in Japan.Just ask the resident Japanese Otaku kj1980 on the General Anime forum here.

They had already outsourced jobs to South Korea since 1995 and had already done so to China and Philipines by 2002.The characters and mechs for Gundam SEED were mostly drawn by mainland Chinese just uncredited in the ED.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 23:40   Link #952
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the Japanese anime industry is outsourcing a lot in recent years, actually a lot of animes have most of the production works done outside of Japan I think.

For the Lucy generating the virus theory, I find one thing strange about that. Seems the virus has the hardcoded genetic code of not hurting the animals, however it doesn't stop Silpelits from attacking "true Diclonius" like herself, thus the Silpelits could be quite dangerous to the Declonius race?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 23:54   Link #953
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
For the Lucy generating the virus theory, I find one thing strange about that. Seems the virus has the hardcoded genetic code of not hurting the animals, however it doesn't stop Silpelits from attacking "true Diclonius" like herself, thus the Silpelits could be quite dangerous to the Declonius race?
The manga only mentioned that the command to wipe out Homo Sapien is hardcoded into Silpelits' nature but did not say anything about killing other species.

It's the Silpelits' choice if they want to kill other species other then humans.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2004-11-14 at 05:54.
Old 2004-11-14, 01:37   Link #954
Hi_There

In the sub that I saw, Kouta said that he couldn't forgive Lucy for what she did to his sister and father, but that he loves that girl he met a long time ago and Nyuu. *Commence the kiss*

I think that Lucy went off to destroy the organization, told Banto that he'd have no way to see her again (since the organization that supplied him with repairs will be going down).

Her last horn breaks when she went against the organization and Lucy most likely reverts to Nyuu(and since it doesn't indicate that her horns can grow back in the Anime like they did in the manga) Nyuu may be the permanent personality and Lucy (and her murderous ways) may be gone for good.

Nyuu=the clock functioning (She keeps playing with the pendulum)

Lucy=the melody (she keps humming)

No more melody=no more Lucy

Clock works=Nyuu is the one that's left.

Also Lucy said that her only driving force left to live was to appologize to Kouta and since she did, the Lucy personality had symbolically become forfeit, but since Kouta mentions that he loved Nyuu, Nyuu herself is not forfeit.

At least that's my take on it.
Hi_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 03:29   Link #955
USCPharmacist

DAmn it, I want a 2nd season involve Human-Diclonius war! I want to see a sea of pink hair 4 years old girls charge into the United Nation head quarter in New York and lay the smack down on all those mofos who think they are running the world....ok they don't but it's still fun to see the diclonius put a bloody happy face with horns on the United Nation icon on the wall...maybe not hehehe
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 13:32   Link #956
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
DAmn it, I want a 2nd season involve Human-Diclonius war! I want to see a sea of pink hair 4 years old girls charge into the United Nation head quarter in New York and lay the smack down on all those mofos who think they are running the world....ok they don't but it's still fun to see the diclonius put a bloody happy face with horns on the United Nation icon on the wall...maybe not hehehe
Hehe....

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-14, 18:51   Link #957
SpOiLeR
wo shi frank

Quote:
Hehe....

Spoiler:
exactly. thats what i think too. diclonious shouldn't be born as killers. its just their environment forces them to take action.
Old 2004-11-14, 19:18   Link #958
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Hehe....

Spoiler:
I've already said this before in this thread....

Considering that they kept on throwing those metallic balls at her head, who knows what damage they could have done to her brain that makes Nana so different from other Silpelits.That and the fact that Kurama revealed the fact that Nana is a guinea pig in the lab in the latest chapter of the manga......

There's also one other thing you have to consider, Silpelits may be natural born killers of humans,but the lab take them in when they're young and expose them to painful experiements.This in the long run might have created a fear for humans and "tamed" them, just like how the keepers might have tamed those wild animals in the zoo.
Old 2004-11-14, 19:36   Link #959
TerryMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
There's also one other thing you have to consider, Silpelits may be natural born killers of humans,but the lab take them in when they're young and expose them to painful experiements.This in the long run might have created a fear for humans and "tamed" them, just like how the keepers might have tamed those wild animals in the zoo.
I agree, except with an inverse interpretation. I think that the Silpelits are 'normal' children with a deadly gift. We don't allow normal children to play with guns, becuase they don't fully comprehend the relationship of cause and effect well enough to understand the effects of firing that gun. Along the same lines, I don't think that young Lucy realized that she was going to tear those kids apart when she reached out with her vectors and attacked the kids killing the dog.

Along the same lines, an orphaned child isn't going to understand that people will forgive a mistake; they're abandoned, they haven't known a loving forgiving parent. Not to say that anyone would have forgiven Lucy for tearing those kids apart, but that was her mindset when she started killing other people.

A couple of pages back, I said that I thought the Director was torturing the slilepts to make them homicidal killers, to effect the transition (or genocide) from humanity to diclonius.

I also think that a diclonius, raised like a normal child, would turn into a normal adult. Would make for a very interested side-story in a volume. Clearly the vectors have varying levels of force they can apply, since Nana uses them to move her prosthetic limbs. Bet they'd be fun in bed.
TerryMathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 21:26   Link #960
SpOiLeR
wo shi frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMathews
I also think that a diclonius, raised like a normal child, would turn into a normal adult. Would make for a very interested side-story in a volume. Clearly the vectors have varying levels of force they can apply, since Nana uses them to move her prosthetic limbs. Bet they'd be fun in bed.
lol? ouch.

on a side note, I was just thinking. With a good budget, i bet hollywood could pull off a live action movie of elfen lied. I mean, it could make a great horror/drama movie. It would be interesting to see the anime live.

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen