AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 10:04   Link #421
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
At this point i'm wondering if they finally gave the Lancelot a working ejection cockpit.
They gave it to Vincent, but when you're working with Lloyd I'd have to wonder if he has the mindset of 'If Lancelot gets destroyed what would be the point to Suzaku anymore. Might as well leave it and spend the money on more float packs instead' >_>
Old 2008-05-13, 10:06   Link #422
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
At this point i'm wondering if they finally gave the Lancelot a working ejection cockpit.
Lloyd: "Oh, SHIT! I knew that there was something we forgot to do!"
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 13:42   Link #423
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Lloyd: "Oh, SHIT! I knew that there was something we forgot to do!"
I tooooootally imagine it!
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:28   Link #424
Sander RX

One thing that I find wierd in Guren MkII Aerial Type:So it has the Gefjun Net,but its arm can issue a wide-range raadiation blast that disables the target.Dont both of them do pretty much the same?
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:48   Link #425
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
One thing that I find wierd in Guren MkII Aerial Type:So it has the Gefjun Net,but its arm can issue a wide-range raadiation blast that disables the target.Dont both of them do pretty much the same?
Think the net was specially developped for the Lancelot though
Old 2008-05-14, 17:37   Link #426
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Not really, the radiation wave is a weapon first and foremost, I think it's just because Anya and Gino's Knightmare's are so tough they managed to stave it off. But put this in combination with the Gefjun Net against say a battalion of Sutherlands and you'll have four words; fish in a barrel
Old 2008-05-14, 18:18   Link #427
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
radiation blast:
-mid-range attack
-only a momentary burst of energy
-Guren can't use the arm for anything else while performing it

G-Net:
-long-range attack
-is an ongoing effect
-can be used in conjunction with a standard radiation wave attack.

clearly you can see that despite having a similar effect, their specifications make it so they don't particularly overlap.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 18:20   Link #428
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

What exactly was it that Anya shot out from her knightmare when Kallen stepped on her?

Small missiles?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 18:27   Link #429
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
What exactly was it that Anya shot out from her knightmare when Kallen stepped on her?

Small missiles?
I seem to recall them being listed as missile launchers on the official profile or some such, so yeah, more likely than not.
Old 2008-05-14, 20:30   Link #430
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Were they Hadron infused missles or something? Is that possible?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 20:32   Link #431
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Were they Hadron infused missles or something? Is that possible?
giant flying robots Dann, giant flying robots.
Old 2008-05-14, 20:34   Link #432
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, right. Hmm, is it possible we might see cloaking technology in the future? Or do we have that and I'm just forgetting about it?

Are there any further weapons or upgrades we haven't seen yet that could be possible?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-14, 20:39   Link #433
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Oh, right. Hmm, is it possible we might see cloaking technology in the future? Or do we have that and I'm just forgetting about it?

Are there any further weapons or upgrades we haven't seen yet that could be possible?
Cloaking technology, if it shows up in a mecha shw, generally had to be heavily nerfed. Not the least because the audience isn't interested in seeing (or not seeing, as the case may be) two invisible Knightmares fighting.

If it appears, the tech is almost always restricted to outside of combat.
Old 2008-05-14, 20:39   Link #434
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:

Nukes.

I would say that having nukes will seriously empower whoever has it until the rest of the world develops it.

Also add in ECS, the Palladium Reactor, and the Lambda Driver (Full Metal Panic!)
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 20:45   Link #435
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Cloaking technology, if it shows up in a mecha shw, generally had to be heavily nerfed. Not the least because the audience isn't interested in seeing (or not seeing, as the case may be) two invisible Knightmares fighting.

If it appears, the tech is almost always restricted to outside of combat.
Well, I was mainly thinking of it's use in stealth missions or surprise attacks which seem something Lelouch might do. Still, you are right that it's uses would be limited in a show like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Nukes.

I would say that having nukes will seriously empower whoever has it until the rest of the world develops it.

Also add in ECS, Palladium Reactor, and the Lambda Driver.
Given Nina, I think we'll see Britannia pull something off quite soon though it certainly isn't a good thing.

Since it seems Nina has been making progress, I'd say we should see something in the second half and I bet that when they are used an important character will die.

Hmm, those things could be new developments as well though they would already have to be in development. Maybe we'll see something on some of the new projects going on soon.

Old 2008-05-14, 20:59   Link #436
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Given Nina, I think we'll see Britannia pull something off quite soon though it certainly isn't a good thing.
Yeah, at worst, maybe at the end of it, we'll see Nina make some nukes that she drops on Japan saying "BWAHAHAHA! BECOME DUST DAMMNED ELEVENS AND ZERO!"
Old 2008-05-14, 21:02   Link #437
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:

Since it seems Nina has been making progress, I'd say we should see something in the second half and I bet that when they are used an important character will die.
Perhaps.

I do find it interesting that she's Nina Einstein.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 21:20   Link #438
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Yeah, at worst, maybe at the end of it, we'll see Nina make some nukes that she drops on Japan saying "BWAHAHAHA! BECOME DUST DAMMNED ELEVENS AND ZERO!"
That would suck. I could imagine Schneizal ordering the use of nukes on the Order as a way to test them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Perhaps.

I do find it interesting that she's Nina Einstein.
I believe that it was intentional for her to have that name. She may very well be related to the Albert Einstein of the CG world, though he didn't become the great scientist he was in our timeline.

And there has been evidence in season 1 that she was researching nuclear technology and given her new position, she has probably made great gains in her research.

Old 2008-05-14, 21:25   Link #439
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
That would suck. I could imagine Schneizal ordering the use of nukes on the Order as a way to test them.
Or the EU. Or the Chinese. Or the japanese/the order indeed. And, yes, it would suck, but that may well be the way it becomes...

Quote:
I believe that it was intentional for her to have that name. She may very well be related to the Albert Einstein of the CG world, though he didn't become the great scientist he was in our timeline.

And there has been evidence in season 1 that she was researching nuclear technology and given her new position, she has probably made great gains in her research.
Yeah, her name clearly foreshadows the possible coming of the atomic bomb in the Code Geass universe... well, it isn't for certain - but well see what happens...
Old 2008-05-14, 21:30   Link #440
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Given that Britannia is the one with the scientist actually experimenting with nuclear technology, I would think she would be the first to come up with such a thing. Of course, Lakshata could always do something too I guess.

The introduction of nukes would certainly have effects within the power system. I'd have to wonder how other groups would respond.

Tags
mecha