AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-08-15, 15:33   Link #3361
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
This is the stuff that happens when you spend too much time in IRC and talk about a certain hobby...

New OC!

Spoiler for It's a Chef!:
This guy looks a little familiar...

Interestingly, his name means "Agile Change" or "Convenient Home" in Japanese o_O
Ooo....a chef. An OC that can fit anywhere . And it looks like teaching Shamal to cook edible food really is hopeless .

And I wonder if he's based off anyone we might know. Hmm...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 23:45   Link #3362
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

My guess is temp Then again, Franz is based off me, but with more angst, more secrets, and more BURNING HOTBLOODED MANLY SPIRIT. XD

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 00:10   Link #3363
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Not the first (ahem ), but not going to be the last either.
Old 2008-08-16, 00:59   Link #3364
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Not the first (ahem ), but not going to be the last either.
Perhaps, but I think he's the first non-mage OC that's not directly involved with the plot or characters.

Besides, he doesn't have any CC in love with him... yet. |3
Old 2008-08-16, 01:01   Link #3365
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Some random silliness:

Spoiler for A Real Man Appears:

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-08-16, 02:34   Link #3366
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Perhaps, but I think he's the first non-mage OC that's not directly involved with the plot or characters.

Actually, that would be Lowe's Matsuri. All her official interactions so far are OC related, and can be considered "sandbox'd" to Shinji. Her scenarios of win still highlight the first degree of connection of hers to be all OCs, and so Matsuri retains the crown.

CC in love? Why don't Kevin just stay on Youkai Mountain, and cook for Yuyuko? She's always hungry, and if the fastest way into a man's heart is through his stomach, vice versa might work just as well.
Old 2008-08-16, 02:40   Link #3367
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Actually, that would be Lowe's Matsuri. All her official interactions so far are OC related, and can be considered "sandbox'd" to Shinji. Her scenarios of win still highlight the first degree of connection of hers to be all OCs, and so Matsuri retains the crown.

CC in love? Why don't Kevin just stay on Youkai Mountain, and cook for Yuyuko? She's always hungry, and if the fastest way into a man's heart is through his stomach, vice versa might work just as well.
Matsuri, eh? Well I guess I'm still not up to date on every OC that's been made...

In any case, Yuyuko doesn't live on Youkai Mountain. She's in Hakugyokurō, the Netherworld. Only the dead and Youmu hang out there -- no living. Youkai Mountain has Aya, Momozi, Sanae, Kanako, Suwako, the Aki sisters, and kappakappakappakappakappakappakappa.

Edit: My god I forgot Hina.

Besides, Kevin is a Nanoha OC, not Touhou

Last edited by Tempy; 2008-08-16 at 03:00. Reason: Gonna get cursed for this.
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 02:52   Link #3368
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Did I hear Youkai mountain and Sanae?
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 03:52   Link #3369
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Matsuri, eh? Well I guess I'm still not up to date on every OC that's been made...

In any case, Yuyuko doesn't live on Youkai Mountain. She's in Hakugyokurō, the Netherworld. Only the dead and Youmu hang out there -- no living. Youkai Mountain has Aya, Momozi, Sanae, Kanako, Suwako, the Aki sisters, and kappakappakappakappakappakappakappa.

Edit: My god I forgot Hina.
And I am not updated to Touhou. Playing a game to learn its story for me is only done if the game isn't a &*$^*& killer.

Quote:
Besides, Kevin is a Nanoha OC, not Touhou
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Did I hear Youkai mountain and Sanae?
Sometimes, all you need is to create a world in the Dimensional Sea, change some things slightly, and everything else then will roll on their own.
Old 2008-08-16, 04:07   Link #3370
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
And I am not updated to Touhou. Playing a game to learn its story for me is only done if the game isn't a &*$^*& killer.
there were a Touhou wikia with the characters stories and gameplots summaries. It doesn't take long to read them.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 04:49   Link #3371
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Does it come with pictures? I recall reading one with just a block of text, which is said cos I still don't know who is who.

EDIT: What no posts?! Well I've finally caught up with Negima, and even moar inspiration was gained. Maybe I'd be able to finish Ver. Negiha sooner than expected.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-08-16 at 08:02.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 11:43   Link #3372
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Does it come with pictures? I recall reading one with just a block of text, which is said cos I still don't know who is who.

EDIT: What no posts?! Well I've finally caught up with Negima, and even moar inspiration was gained. Maybe I'd be able to finish Ver. Negiha sooner than expected.
The profiles has pictures. Only, the image boards like akyu.genso.ws or gelbooru has more than enough to exercize your eyes and makes you remember who is who.

Little tangent, after running my first chapter through beta readers, I have correct things, expanded on other things. What used to be about 6k words long has reached 8.9k and is still not over. I doubt my next chapters gonna be that long.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 16:50   Link #3373
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Another slow week...oh well. *theatric shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Now all those people who say anime is the devil have to repent cause Jesus approves
Yeah...I did see him wandering around...
Quote:
Such an EPIC concert, too. And they each did a solo song
Hell yeah. I remember saying I should go to more concerts if they're like that.
Quote:
Thanks . Taking cosplay pics is always a must for me. Oh, and my new cosplay is also in there somewhere if you can find me
Oh that's easy, just bribe me, TK or Tempest to give you away. :3
Quote:
I have a warrior...though for me it's "Tanking? What's that?"
Yeah...that's why I gave up the warrior. I hated being pigeonholed into tanking cause I had the only melee in our group of new alts.
Quote:
Or possible in any situation
That too.
Quote:
*punts LE with his Death Knight*
Dammit, I'm rolling one THE day I get Wrath!
Quote:
Better than letting them watch anything done by 4Kids
...ye hast spoken the name that shall not be uttered t'within my presence...YE HERETIC! YE BLASPHEMER!!!
Quote:
Was fun . Though Otakon should be advertised as the "Stair-Master Weekend" Convention
Would that be because it's three days of pigging out and doing nothing?

Quote:
Ahh Otakon.

It was indeed fun.

The lack of Nanoha is mostly because it's not a massively popular series like Naruto or Bleach is, and despite all the groaning and eye rolling no one can deny its sheer growth and acceptance through the populace. Also, Nanoha isn't released yet in the States, so widespread exposure is still minimal.

I have a few pics too, but as I've said in IRC, I'm not that great of a photographer.

Spoiler for Otakon~:
Aye, it was fun!

Dangit...reminds me I forgot to take any pics of my own. Oh well. Always next year. (And I'm not camera shy. :3)

Quote:
Never fear; that lichking!Kha is only for Negiha. Different experiences will always result in a different Kha.
And by "experiences" you mean "Khrack brainwaves," right? :3
Quote:
Wow really good pics. And nice to see you've met up with TK there. Wish I could fly out during term time. Or even outside of term time.

Now let's see...

*opens the NSFW pics, eats a Penetrating Hit, and suffers a Vehicle Explodes result*

It's only three days out of the schedule, although you do live halfway around the world or so...

And it's your own fault for ogling the NSFW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Following up on the offenders' ID cards I copypasta-ed, here's Lutecia's card which I missed out the last time:

To those who were in the IRC channel with me the day before, it seems that Lu's magus rank is S-rank and that her punishment did involve a 6-rank-drop limiter. Makes one wonder if she was also holding back like what the Knights did in A's.
S-rank, huh...never would have guessed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Provoking Nanoha to kill is the same with Batman I suppose. =l Though a possible situation is that the certain someone hurt and crippled her friends/family. After a extended period of emotional trauma of course.
Possibly. I'd think anything with Vivio is likely to set her off in a bad way.

Quote:
Come to Anime Expo next year. It's closer to you
Where is that, anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Well start with Vivio, advance to her family and friends, and then fate for the coup de gras (sp?). Basically in terms of Nanoha, since she's quite the idealistic character, you'd have to utterly break her to force her into that state.

Leave her with nothing left. Leave her to the state of no return, and she'll gladly put a knife through the throat of anyone who's wronged her.
^That.

Although you'd probably push her past no return at that point. Permanent damage and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Sort of bored and just decided to do something silly like make a new magic system for absolutely no rhyme or reason
Spoiler for Kardia Magic system (NOT Khardia):
For something silly, it seems well-thought out. I'd have no problem implementing this system for something.

Quote:
Lol Khardia. Since the experimental Chapter Approved profile regarding Sakura Zaki's Sakura Cards is part of Kha's Codex, I guess its rather apt.

Titbit: She's going to get her own Codex and Independent Character status in 5th Edition, so even more thoughts about this Belka's adaptation of Kardia magic coming soon.
And you even have this new info in the SS to work with once it gets translated. Lots of Belka stuff for you, ne?
Quote:
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

*runs*
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

*follows Kha*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Back from my vacation in the Philippines...and also finished with SearcherS chapter 13 too! To be honest, I still have an uncomfortable feeling with the 13th chapter in terms of it's writing, but I think it's because I'm still relatively new.

Anyway...I'm also adding Chapter 12 in for a reason: 13 can't be really well understood with 12, so here it is. 12 doesn't have the special effects...it's just cut-and-paste.

Spoiler for SearcherS 12:
Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but whenever I try to put 13 in with 12, the system give me a message "too short" error (as if.)

Anyway, chapter 13, oh, and I'm curious to see if anybody could find some references I've put in.

Spoiler for SearcherS 13:

Sorry for the squished text...I'll fix that later. Now...to work on my MG Ez8...later
Hisashiburi da na...been a while since I've read any of this, so I think I'll go back at some point and refresh.

Quote:
This is the stuff that happens when you spend too much time in IRC and talk about a certain hobby...

New OC!

Interestingly, his name means "Agile Change" or "Convenient Home" in Japanese o_O
Do I detect a bit of good-natured self-insert here?

Quote:
Ooo....a chef. An OC that can fit anywhere . And it looks like teaching Shamal to cook edible food really is hopeless .

And I wonder if he's based off anyone we might know. Hmm...
Oh, it's a hopeless cause, but if she can be taught even one good thing to make...:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
My guess is temp Then again, Franz is based off me, but with more angst, more secrets, and more BURNING HOTBLOODED MANLY SPIRIT. XD
Heh...I learned long ago never to use myself as a base for anything I do. To be honest, I'm a pretty uninspiring guy. ()

Quote:

Means you have that much more flexibility, ne?

Quote:
Some random silliness:

Spoiler for A Real Man Appears:
I facepalm'd. -_-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Little tangent, after running my first chapter through beta readers, I have correct things, expanded on other things. What used to be about 6k words long has reached 8.9k and is still not over. I doubt my next chapters gonna be that long.
That's the cool thing about hitting a good brainwave. You can write and write and find yourself with a lot more than you meant.

Problem is you gotta fine-tune it all down.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 07:44   Link #3374
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I really don't feel too good... but I've been putting this of for too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
A rebuild of a rebuild, huh? Certainly a way to do it.

Looks solid all-round; now to see where she(Eden's definitely a girl, right? ) goes from here.
Yes she is. As for seeing where she goes... We'll have to wait for info and translations of the Sound Stage X for that.

Speaking of which, the Sound Stage seems to be somewhat of a rarity, I've yet to find a torrent anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Curiosity:

What would it take for Nanoha to want to 'KILL' someone?

[THE JOKER]
And when I say 'Kill', I mean, have absolutely no regrets as to the decision, and no hesitation to put a knife right through some sorry bastard's throat for whatever offense it may end up requiring. No 'starlight breaker, life imprisonment, or divine buster ultimate rage with a trial and trip to Death Row' kind of treatments. Just straight up, clear and simple, 'now you die' cold blooded killer mode that makes 'White Devil' look like a saint...
And of course, it cannot simply be a retaliatory on the spot response, but a pre-meditated cold blooded action perhaps days, weeks, or months later.

What would be the absolute minimum one would have to do to Nanoha to achieve this result?
[/THE JOKER]

NANOHA: *Looking at the night sky, but backlit by burning wreckage* "I don't know where you are, or when I'll see you again... but I'm going to kill you. And I'm going to enjoy... killing you. And on that day, there won't be anyone who will stop me. For what you have done to me, is unforgivable, and unforgettable. And at the end, I will see you, in HELL."
In anime terms, this isn't possible. Not even the worst kinds of pain would make Nanoha go killer. But then, such pains wouldn't be introduced in the first place, so... *shrug*

Realistically speaking, killing her loved ones would be a good start. Like the others said, Goose's extremists would stand a good chance of tipping her to the killer state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Sort of bored and just decided to do something silly like make a new magic system for absolutely no rhyme or reason
Spoiler for Kardia Magic system (NOT Khardia):
And so the card system sees life. It was only a matter of time, but its nice to have a name to put next to it.

Quote:
Back from my vacation in the Philippines...and also finished with SearcherS chapter 13 too! To be honest, I still have an uncomfortable feeling with the 13th chapter in terms of it's writing, but I think it's because I'm still relatively new.

Anyway...I'm also adding Chapter 12 in for a reason: 13 can't be really well understood with 12, so here it is. 12 doesn't have the special effects...it's just cut-and-paste.

Spoiler for SearcherS 12:
Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but whenever I try to put 13 in with 12, the system give me a message "too short" error (as if.)

Anyway, chapter 13, oh, and I'm curious to see if anybody could find some references I've put in.

Spoiler for SearcherS 13:

Sorry for the squished text...I'll fix that later. Now...to work on my MG Ez8...later
Long read was long. Nice to see Jail again, I've been reading all sorts of Jail-less stories lately, so it was nice to see him again.

Quote:

New OC!

A.... cook? Well, kudos for originallity, that's for sure. And I see he likes to take on the most impossible of tasks: Teaching Shamal to cook.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 09:14   Link #3375
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler for random short:
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 09:27   Link #3376
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Subaru: Master of saying the most innocent of things with the most double of meanings.

Poor Lumina, I can somewhat understand her feelings though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 12:26   Link #3377
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Seriously...everything's so slow in here.

And you should see the Evangelion!Nanoha crack I've been brewing in the FF thread . Got Kagerou into a fit

Quote:
Yeah...I did see him wandering around...
There was a second wandering around on Sunday I believe with a cross and crown of thorns

Quote:
Hell yeah. I remember saying I should go to more concerts if they're like that.
Yup, JAM Project is just that awesome

Quote:
Oh that's easy, just bribe me, TK or Tempest to give you away. :3
Oh hush you

Quote:
Yeah...that's why I gave up the warrior. I hated being pigeonholed into tanking cause I had the only melee in our group of new alts.
My warrior is my only melee at 70 . Though with the way things are I might have to respec to prot to get into any instance runs...

Quote:
Dammit, I'm rolling one THE day I get Wrath!
Good luck fighting the other several hundred Death Knights for mobs in the start zone

Quote:
Would that be because it's three days of pigging out and doing nothing?
More like all those non-operational escalators and several floors of rooms you had to walk . Though i dunno about pigging out. I only ate once a day pretty much

Quote:
And it's your own fault for ogling the NSFW.
It is Kha afterall...

Quote:
Where is that, anyway?
Down in LA somewhere I think.

Quote:
Do I detect a bit of good-natured self-insert here?
You don't say

Quote:
Heh...I learned long ago never to use myself as a base for anything I do. To be honest, I'm a pretty uninspiring guy. ()
Use your brother then
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 13:33   Link #3378
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Time to throw things here into a fit!

Adepta Astarta: Black Templars
KIA EIN

The Smiling Impaler (Dark and Light modes)
Spoiler for Kia the Impaler:
...this Khrack hit meh very hard.

...and yeah. This is supposed to be canon up to StrikerS. Do point out where I messed canon up up to then.

I'll update this entry with her combat data next time!

*starts running*

EDIT: Made several changes to Kia's profile with Keroko's input. Thanks so much! I needed it!

More explanation about the Templar-pattern bolters, the reason for their AMF resistance, Kia's magic circuits, limits and drawbacks in the Combat Data coming soon!

EDIT: Made another change to the rationale of cyborg recovering.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-11-10 at 02:21.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 14:41   Link #3379
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Spoiler:

This must be the longest Kha breaker ever.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-08-18 at 20:25.
Old 2008-08-18, 14:43   Link #3380
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
This must be the longest Kha breaker ever.
Please put that in a spoiler at the very least....
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content