AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 06:41   Link #1
tsu.jp

ッ.jp's Successes & Failures

Hey guys,

I just thought I would open an account here to show my work to someone.

I have been using photoshop for around 3 years, with 99.98% of the time dedicated to typography-only work. I never did graphics or anything requiring an ounce of creativity up until a few days ago.

So yeah, I will be posting sigs and avatars I make as and when I make them. Hopefully I can get better and develop a unique style.

If you want to critique my stuff I am more interested in the negatives but do keep it constructive yeah

Last Updated
23/03/2012

Update

Spoiler for New Content in the Update:

Legacy

Spoiler for Legacy (first ever made):

Decent

Spoiler for Monogatari Series:

Spoiler for Toaru Majutsu no Index:

Failures

Spoiler for Failed sigs for the world to see:

Last edited by tsu.jp; 2012-03-24 at 13:13.
tsu.jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 01:55   Link #2
Kagayaki

Nice! I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to critiquing signatures. I still haven't gotten around to putting up my own thread , and I don't really spend time on actual GFX forums (where people know what they're doing). But this thread looks lonely and I figure this subforum is more fun when people post more, so here goes.

I do like your typography, and the Imagine Breaker sig is my favorite (the diagonal black lines are a great touch). You've gotten better at blending since the legacy ones, and everything else looks fine from a technical standpoint. You're doing a good job of creating abstract backgrounds, and having just the character's torso surrounded by a blaze of non-solid colored lights helps keep focus strong and where you want it, but it feels a bit on the empty side.

Some ideas to experiment with might be including other objects in the background (a landscape or some buildings), blending some c4ds so that they look like actual objects around the render rather than lighting effects, or using renders that take up more horizontal space (i.e. the character with their arm raised so that it goes across the frame, or the character holding something like a sword horizontally at shoulder level, or whatever else you can find).

Last edited by Kagayaki; 2012-03-28 at 02:09.
Kagayaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 10:51   Link #3
tsu.jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Nice! I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to critiquing signatures. I still haven't gotten around to putting up my own thread , and I don't really spend time on actual GFX forums (where people know what they're doing). But this thread looks lonely and I figure this subforum is more fun when people post more, so here goes.

I do like your typography, and the Imagine Breaker sig is my favorite (the diagonal black lines are a great touch). You've gotten better at blending since the legacy ones, and everything else looks fine from a technical standpoint. You're doing a good job of creating abstract backgrounds, and having just the character's torso surrounded by a blaze of non-solid colored lights helps keep focus strong and where you want it, but it feels a bit on the empty side.

Some ideas to experiment with might be including other objects in the background (a landscape or some buildings), blending some c4ds so that they look like actual objects around the render rather than lighting effects, or using renders that take up more horizontal space (i.e. the character with their arm raised so that it goes across the frame, or the character holding something like a sword horizontally at shoulder level, or whatever else you can find).
Thanks for the feedback - I shall definitely try filling up the frame a bit more and see what I can do.

I make signatures in my spare time alongside anime reviews and a few other things so I don't have a tonne of time (as you can probably see from lack of updates) but I will produce some new stuff in the near future for this thread

Tags
anime, anime signatures, avatars, photoshop, signatures