AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-04-26, 21:14   Link #3761
Junkedcat
Floater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Tom View Post
except it has been done in the real world...I think with only rats at the moment, but the tech is being developed.
One trick to get it to work would be to simulate male genomic imprinting in one of the donor eggs... there are other considerations to work out but this is the one that i know about....

Also, the next chapter in L!F has nothing written down. I'm tossing a few ideas how I want to play it out...

Edit: Huh?
Junkedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 21:37   Link #3762
Momo Chan
Fate is Nanoha's bish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
From whom then, I wonder? :3
Keroko's thinking Yuuno of course >.>
Yuuno mixed with Fate while Nanoha carries the baby. Or something like that.
It could explain Vivio's eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkedcat View Post
Or maybe egg to egg fertilization? Someone might have figured out how to pull it off by then... (But that means your would be stuck with a girl)
In 5 years? Maybe. I hope so ^^
And nothing wrong with being stuck with a girl. I wouldn't mind ^^
Plus, there's Vivio

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshilord View Post

this is actually possible in real life and is known as pathogenesis. People have been researching doing this artificially and so far they have produced mice from two female mice. This offspring is completely a genetic offspring of said mice.
Yeah, but that was really hard to do. It took about 1 in 600 tries and only 1 mouse out of the 12 or so babies survived (Kaguya!) So I don't know...maybe in 5 years?
Momo Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 21:38   Link #3763
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Lol yay debate!

Answer: It will be the most logical choice set in the real world's standards.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 21:49   Link #3764
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

So I just noticed this because EvilRick mentioned it awhile ago but where did TheShinySword go? The last post was on page 11 on 4-15.
Anyways...Revival!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post

Title Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Mirrored Souls: Fate
Genre: Joint fanfiction
Summary: Do to a time paradox, Nanoha somehow swaps places with her nine year old self.
Rating: T
Links:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17,
Part 18

Title: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Mirrored Souls: Nanoha
Summary: Do to a time paradox, Nanoha somehow swaps places with her nine year old self.
Links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8,
Part 9
Title: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Mirrored Souls: Vivio
Links: Part 1

Fate:Unclaimed
Nanoha:Unclaimed
Vivio: Unclaimed
Found the archive and added in Thesinwithin's post.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 21:52   Link #3765
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

speaking of sinwithin, what's the FF.N penname?
Old 2008-04-26, 21:57   Link #3766
Junkedcat
Floater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Lol yay debate!

Answer: It will be the most logical choice set in the real world's standards.
So...
Spoiler for Some of you might not want to read this...:
Junkedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 22:07   Link #3767
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/154744/EA_Simpson

maybe sometimes a look on ff.net is not too bad^^
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 22:24   Link #3768
Momo Chan
Fate is Nanoha's bish.

Quote:
So...
Spoiler for Some of you might not want to read this...:
That's the most logical thing I could think of in today's world.
But still, in 5 years it could be different.

I'm going to become a genetic engineer when I grow up

Quote:
EA Simpson
Momo Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 22:39   Link #3769
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkkk~

Sorry a mix of life and computer problems forced me to go compyless for a little while. (It also made me go writingless =-= please forgive my extreme lateness)

Now that I've gone through ten pages of backlog I can put this:

@Satashi- the Disney stuff is fun (though unlike any Disney world I've ever been to... well it's the mid version so....XD). oh and by the way E (:3)
@Satashi and MecurianAngel- Teasers are mean T_T
@JunkedCat- New (well not so new now I guess) Landscaper is very interesting and I feel it's setting up an interesting future for the fic
@Evil Rick- I'll give Rise of the Techno ch 2 a proper review when I finish downloading it
@Everybody else- Some cool new stuff being added to Nanoha Fanfiction everyday it seems
@People who noticed I was gone- Wow O.O I didn't know people noticed me
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 22:42   Link #3770
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Sorry a mix of life and computer problems forced me to go compyless for a little while. (It also made me go writingless =-= please forgive my extreme lateness)

@Satashi- the Disney stuff is fun (though unlike any Disney world I've ever been to... well it's the mid version so....XD). oh and by the way E (:3)
@JunkedCat- New (well not so new now I guess) Landscaper is very interesting and I feel it's setting up an interesting future for the fic
@Evil Rick- I'll give Rise of the Techno ch 2 a proper review when I finish downloading it
@Everybody else- Some cool new stuff being added to Nanoha Fanfiction everyday it seems

YOU ARE ALIVE!!!

Man, were have you been? I was starting to get worried about you
I'm glad you are back
Old 2008-04-26, 22:43   Link #3771
Thesinwithin
Undersea Lolcano

Send a message via AIM to Thesinwithin
Quote:
Ea Simpson. I was on a JKRowling kick at the time I joined ff.net in eighth grade... 2002.... wow.

Edit - I'm totally in agreement that SbTB Nanoha and Fate might not be all that adverse to asking Yuuno to be a sperm donor for their little childrearing venture. I like the idea.

@TheShinySword - Welcome back!

Last edited by Thesinwithin; 2008-04-26 at 22:49. Reason: stupid not reading all the page. D:
Thesinwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 22:54   Link #3772
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:

From me too, welcome back
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 23:03   Link #3773
TheShinySword
*Author

On the subject of sperm donation in SbtB Yuuno seems like the immediately logical choice to me. (though I'd love to see the conversation when they explain to their child (SbtB's Vivio I'd assume^^) what exactly Uncle Yuuno's relationship to said child is)

Edit: Ch 2 of The Rise of the Techno Review

Spoiler for Review:

Last edited by TheShinySword; 2008-04-26 at 23:23.
Old 2008-04-26, 23:23   Link #3774
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

welcome back TSS! We were worried about you!

Yuuno wouldn't have any relation to Vivio other than "Godfather". Remember, in SbtB, Nanoha was extremely clingy to Yuuno until she met Fate. After the two started getting along, she clung to Fate but still slept with Yuuno almost more than she slept at her own house. She is very close to him, so it would be logical for the two girls to ask him to donate.

As for terms of adoption, I can see the two girls sitting at a table discussing weither to adopt or to actually carry the child. Nanoha, obviously, wanted to carry while Fate probably wanted to adopt. But considering Fate wouldn't be doing the carrying I can see her giving in before Nanoha, hence Nanoha being pregnant.

BTW, this will be released on same day as Emerald Bell, for the sole purpose of promoting it and letting people know where to find it.

If anyone has any serious complaints about Yuuno donating sperm for Nanoha and Fate in the SbtB universe, voice them now. No ship war stuff, but logical things to point out and reasonings behind your statement. Yes, two female lab rats reproduced like that, but the odds are slim, the survival rate is slim, and it's decades from being an option for humans. That idea is not available, as SbtB is down to Earth.

@Evil Rick: If you need advice on grammar, please feel free to ask. 90% of us here don't have English as our first language :Heh: we've helped many people along the way.
Old 2008-04-27, 00:07   Link #3775
Dr_Tom
Also Known As Tomchan

Location: SoCal!! It's pretty awesome...once you get used to the ridiculous cost of living...
Send a message via MSN to Dr_Tom
Quote:
welcome back TSS! We were worried about you!

Yuuno wouldn't have any relation to Vivio other than "Godfather". Remember, in SbtB, Nanoha was extremely clingy to Yuuno until she met Fate. After the two started getting along, she clung to Fate but still slept with Yuuno almost more than she slept at her own house. She is very close to him, so it would be logical for the two girls to ask him to donate.

As for terms of adoption, I can see the two girls sitting at a table discussing weither to adopt or to actually carry the child. Nanoha, obviously, wanted to carry while Fate probably wanted to adopt. But considering Fate wouldn't be doing the carrying I can see her giving in before Nanoha, hence Nanoha being pregnant.

BTW, this will be released on same day as Emerald Bell, for the sole purpose of promoting it and letting people know where to find it.

If anyone has any serious complaints about Yuuno donating sperm for Nanoha and Fate in the SbtB universe, voice them now. No ship war stuff, but logical things to point out and reasonings behind your statement. Yes, two female lab rats reproduced like that, but the odds are slim, the survival rate is slim, and it's decades from being an option for humans. That idea is not available, as SbtB is down to Earth.
Just as long as it's only mentioned if it is even mentioned I have no problems...just don't make it some huge plot point in the epilogue I should be okay with it. There are some concerns I have, but they're more than likely stemming from the fact I really don't like Yuuno. He's the nicest of guys in the anime and in SbtB, but I just can't bring myself to like him for some reason...he just grates on my nerves.
Dr_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 00:11   Link #3776
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Having a close friend donating sperm for a child who is not going to identify that person as his/her father is completely unrealistic. This is never done because is detrimental for the child. If the potential parents (in this case Nanoha and Fate) want the child to identify him/herself properly as their child, the donor has to be someone the child has no contact with. Otherwise you would have to hide it from him/her, but that's also detrimental.

I don't really like the idea, but more than complaining, I'm just stating a fact. Looking forward to the chapter!!
Old 2008-04-27, 00:35   Link #3777
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 27
Vatican Knights

Spoiler for Souls traped in Fire:

Spoiler for Inmolated Curse:
Old 2008-04-27, 00:52   Link #3778
TheShinySword
*Author

Hark is this a crack filled ooc crazy crossover short I've written...

Why yes it is
Spoiler for OBJECTION!Nanoha:

Can you guess what I did when I was computerless? (If you guessed played DS games 'til my eyes glazed over you're right)

With apologies to Evil Rick for stealing that awesome line. (I have no idea why I like it so much)
Old 2008-04-27, 00:54   Link #3779
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Or maybe egg to egg fertilization? Someone might have figured out how to pull it off by then... (But that means your would be stuck with a girl)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshilord View Post
delurked just to bring information

this is actually possible in real life and is known as pathogenesis. People have been researching doing this artificially and so far they have produced mice from two female mice. This offspring is completely a genetic offspring of said mice.

I believe satashi knows about this because fate and nanoha's conversation in 6th division book 1 final chapter alluded to it.

I will try to find the news article for proof

*re-lurks*
Quote:
One trick to get it to work would be to simulate male genomic imprinting in one of the donor eggs... there are other considerations to work out but this is the one that i know about....

Also, the next chapter in L!F has nothing written down. I'm tossing a few ideas how I want to play it out...

Edit: Huh?
Here's one >>article<< to answer the question about 'virgin birth', but as far as copulation is concerned, female-female intercourse won't be able to do that. Genetic manipulation to create the "fertilized" egg would have to be done in the lab. Human testing might be underway, limited, or prohibited entirely, because of ethical issues.

... and Satashi just revealed that Yuuno might be the father.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 00:58   Link #3780
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Hark is this a crack filled ooc crazy crossover short I've written...

Why yes it is
Spoiler for OBJECTION!Nanoha:

Can you guess what I did when I was computerless? (If you guessed played DS games 'til my eyes glazed over you're right)

With apologies to Evil Rick for stealing that awesome line. (I have no idea why I like it so much)
The joy of video game induced dreams... XD

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha