AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-07-20, 16:08   Link #21
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Iverson was going to get traded to Toronto a few weeks back.

BUT that fucking GM messed it up.

VINCE CARTER + ALLEN IVERSON = GAME OVER , RAPTORS OWN THE NBA.

Sigh.
Uh....Iverson wouldn't have been able to play with carter because Carter was going to get traded FOR Iverson. You can't play on the same team if you get traded with one another.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 16:18   Link #22
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Uh....Iverson wouldn't have been able to play with carter because Carter was going to get traded FOR Iverson. You can't play on the same team if you get traded with one another.

They were giving up jalen rose, d marshell, peterson AND their trade pick. That vc for AI proposal was after sixers rejected the first one
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 13:35   Link #23
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
They were giving up jalen rose, d marshell, peterson AND their trade pick. That vc for AI proposal was after sixers rejected the first one
Are you serious? Wow, that would've been awesome. But I can see why Sixers rejected it...
Old 2004-07-21, 14:54   Link #24
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Ya but they rejected it afer seriously considering it I heard.

Jalen rose and d marshell are text book names in the nba. Peterson is pretty good and the trade pick would have helped them out alot. Regularly they wouldnt even consider but A.I wanted to leave philly, he was havign so many problems with management there.

VC + AI = ownage.
Kinda like
Sasuke + Neji = ownage

^^
Old 2004-07-21, 16:26   Link #25
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Ya but they rejected it afer seriously considering it I heard.

Jalen rose and d marshell are text book names in the nba. Peterson is pretty good and the trade pick would have helped them out alot. Regularly they wouldnt even consider but A.I wanted to leave philly, he was havign so many problems with management there.

VC + AI = ownage.
Kinda like
Sasuke + Neji = ownage

^^
Peterson? Good? No way. He's nowhere near good as he was before. Mo pete isn't consistant. But, I doubt Philly would trade their star player without getting a lot in return. Anyway, it would've been even better if they signed Steve Nash instead of Rafer alston. That would've been awesome to ave nash. But good ol' skip to ma lou isn't THAT bad either...
Old 2004-07-21, 17:07   Link #26
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Skip to my Lou is gonna bring in some fans since he's basically a streetball legend... I agree that it would have been much better if we got Nash instead...

Philly ain't stupid... I doubt they would have traded A.I. for MoPete and others... MoPete is wack!
Old 2004-07-21, 18:27   Link #27
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

If Nash had come here he would need carter. Nash is good , very good but he cant run a club himslef.

Now that you mention it he would have been a better fit that AI here in Toronto. It isnt good when too many big ego's on the team , you get a situation like there was in portland.
Nash is a pretty down to earth guy and hed compliment carter really well.
Old 2004-07-21, 18:44   Link #28
aahhsin

VC and AI will NOT own.

Look at how often they get hurt. on paper it sounds great. But also on paper look how many games each player played the last 3 season.

Vince was hurt like 3/4 of the way. AI goes on and off all the time. Playoff? Sure, title winner? No chance in hell.

I say next year, watch out for the Grizzlies and the Nuggets. Especially the Nuggets.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 20:27   Link #29
SlugZilla
woofles

My predictions for BEST TEAMS in the NBA next season:

1. Detroit Pistons - Obviously. They're still the same team that won the championship, now with more experience. McDyess should cover nicely for Okur's departure to the Jazz. Also they have a rising star in Darko(the human victory cigar), who is yet to play any decent minutes.

2. San Antonio Spurs -They still got the Duncan/Parker/Ginobili core, and aqcuired Brent Barry. They are gonna be a great team.

3. Minnesota Timberwolves - KG is hungry for one and he is gonna lead his team to the Championships at any cost. Cassell and Spree were a great last season and will be next season. Only problem is Cassell and Hudson's have to stay healthy because that was the difference maker against the Lakers.

4. Sacramento - They still have Peja, C-Webb, Miller, and Bibby so they are contenders. They are capable of winning but they always choke during the playoffs. They are still a good team but they need C-Webb to step up in clutch situations.

5. Houston Rockets - This will be interesting now that the Rockets have a player like MCGRADY along side YAO. This could be the next Shaq-Kobe duo. They'll go far in the playoffs. I don't expect them to make immediate impact but I'm guessing they will one of the best teams in a few years.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 20:27   Link #30
Joshk

Hate every team besides last year spurs....
Joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 22:05   Link #31
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
VC and AI will NOT own.

Look at how often they get hurt. on paper it sounds great. But also on paper look how many games each player played the last 3 season.

Vince was hurt like 3/4 of the way. AI goes on and off all the time. Playoff? Sure, title winner? No chance in hell.

I say next year, watch out for the Grizzlies and the Nuggets. Especially the Nuggets.
Well you forgot the most important point. They won't own because they're NOT on the same team , so without that they can't do anything. But besides that, thee reason they haven't been playing is because they're being relied on too much. Star players are good, but they can only take you so far. You need a strong supporting cast to make it where you want to go, otherwise you'll end up like the sixers, the magic, and the raptors.

BTW, it'll be interesting to see the Rockets. McGrady is already damaged goods but maybe a stronger team behind him, he'll be able to do much better. Honestly, he was such a waste in Orlando without Grant Hill. If only he stayed in Toronto and developed his skills here.
Old 2004-07-21, 22:16   Link #32
aahhsin

Quote:
Well you forgot the most important point. They won't own because they're NOT on the same team , so without that they can't do anything. But besides that, thee reason they haven't been playing is because they're being relied on too much. Star players are good, but they can only take you so far. You need a strong supporting cast to make it where you want to go, otherwise you'll end up like the sixers, the magic, and the raptors.

BTW, it'll be interesting to see the Rockets. McGrady is already damaged goods but maybe a stronger team behind him, he'll be able to do much better. Honestly, he was such a waste in Orlando without Grant Hill. If only he stayed in Toronto and developed his skills here.
I'm just saying if that trade did fall through.

Grant Hill is a has been. He'll never return to his kick ass form in 94. McGrady is in no way damaged goods, he's better then Kobe. He just had nobody in his team last season. Like you said, 1 star player can't do everything. Unless your KG... but he did have Wally with him before Spreewell and Cassel.

shouldn't YOU be in the Naruto forums? Lazy mod...
Old 2004-07-21, 22:20   Link #33
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I'm just saying if that trade did fall through.

Grant Hill is a has been. He'll never return to his kick ass form in 94. McGrady is in no way damaged goods, he's better then Kobe. He just had nobody in his team last season. Like you said, 1 star player can't do everything. Unless your KG... but he did have Wally with him before Spreewell and Cassel.

shouldn't YOU be in the Naruto forums? Lazy mod...
Better than Kobe? No. Way. He's good, but I've always felt Kobe was the best overall players int he NBA. T-mac is broken. He needs to get fixed. He wore himself out from carrying his lame ass team for the past few years. Yao and the Rockets better be the cure.

And like I said. The trade would've been awesome. Even though Iverson is a hog, VC and AI would support each other. And in between game time, we could get skip to a couple of street ball moves or too.

Off Topic:

Also, well lately no one's been going int he Naruto Forums. It's very quiet without much trouble. Hey, come to think of it, all the trouble died down when you stopped going there. Must be a coincidence.

///_^
Old 2004-07-22, 22:45   Link #34
aahhsin

Quote:
Better than Kobe? No. Way. He's good, but I've always felt Kobe was the best overall players int he NBA. T-mac is broken. He needs to get fixed. He wore himself out from carrying his lame ass team for the past few years. Yao and the Rockets better be the cure.
Kobe had Shaq, it allowed him to get away with a lot more. I'll admit Kobe is good, but seening how T-Mac had to carry everything by himself, I rate him higher.

Quote:
Off Topic:

Also, well lately no one's been going int he Naruto Forums. It's very quiet without much trouble. Hey, come to think of it, all the trouble died down when you stopped going there. Must be a coincidence.

///_^
Hey! is it my fault that the forum is filled with threads like

"Will Hinata and Naruto get married?"
"Will Shikamaru and Temari get married?"
"Does Naruto have a bloodline limit that's better then the Byakugen" (C'mon!)

Then the answers are usually the same, with NO Naruto will marry Ramen Girl1!111!

C'mon! or other stupid ass questions like "How can you not like Sasuke."
Old 2004-10-05, 01:11   Link #35
msgpoisoning

First Japanese Player to be signed by the NBA's Phoenix Suns

does anyone even know who he is? he's only 5'9" and he looks more like a Jpop singer.

full article:
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tabuse_040907.html
msgpoisoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 01:30   Link #36
sarcasteak
WAHA~

You meant J-Rock.

I've never heard of him before, but if he's 5'9'' then he's definitely stuck as a point guard in the NBA...behind Steve Nash. Yikes.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 21:12   Link #37
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
You meant J-Rock.

I've never heard of him before, but if he's 5'9'' then he's definitely stuck as a point guard in the NBA...behind Steve Nash. Yikes.
That's good for him. Steve Nash is already an established pt. guard in the NBA, and Tabuse can easily learn how the game works behind Nash. All Tabuse needs to do is come in when Nash gets tired and throw some assists around.
Old 2004-10-05, 21:23   Link #38
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Yuta shoulda played for the Utah Raptors Ok that was lame oh well.

This guys #'s dont seem to be much of anything, but maybe he will help break other japanese into basketball as they have already in baseball. Im not even a suns fan but imma follow them now just to see how this guy does. Should be an intresting season. Cant miss the Kobe vs Shaq match up! The game is on some holiday i forgot though.. meh..
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 23:29   Link #39
Nishi`Joichiro
Last Survivor

Piston fans are just as pathetic as yankee fans during the Nl championship

I'm glad that artest went into the crowd and beat that guy down who toss the beer at his face
Nishi`Joichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 23:34   Link #40
Diplomat
Traceur

Send a message via AIM to Diplomat Send a message via MSN to Diplomat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi`Joichiro
I'm glad that artest went into the crowd and beat that guy down who toss the beer at his face
wait, didnt he beat the wrong guy? and then the guy who actually tossed the beer jumped him... man this is bullshit.

Buying a ticket doesnt make you part of the game. Asswipes, hope they get banned from going to games for life.
Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote