AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-10, 12:05   Link #761
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

But Saya's Song is... Saya's song. D: And is reserved for the 12 episode season of Saya's route that still exists in my mind.

Bonus: Sha La La Ecstasy as extensively used BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Can someone run down the challenges of making a Little Busters anime again? I forgot the name of the thread where I first read an in-depth explanation of the challenges.
Can't go into too much detail since that would be spoilers. But basically, Refrain ties in all the individual routes together, which would require all the routes to be animated in full and somehow separate from each other. It'd be really difficult for the anime to make sense if all the routes were jumbled together into one story.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:12   Link #762
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
Anything BUT that. I was thankful that it wasn't used in Saya's route, but for the rest, it just made the ero scenes even more awkward they already were *shudders*
Old 2012-04-10, 12:17   Link #763
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Song for Friends doesn't fit the mood of the common route of the game/the beginning of the anime, while Alicemagic is great for it.
Well, I disagree there. I think having a slow, emotional song following a light-hearted episode is much more acceptable than having a super-upbeat rock-song following an emotional cliffhanger... and I'm sure there will be quite a few of those before they ever reach episode 13, and I doubt they'd consider replacing the ending before that. I mean, this isn't Studio Shaft we're talking about after all.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:38   Link #764
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

This as ending
Old 2012-04-10, 13:00   Link #765
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Well, I disagree there. I think having a slow, emotional song following a light-hearted episode is much more acceptable than having a super-upbeat rock-song following an emotional cliffhanger... and I'm sure there will be quite a few of those before they ever reach episode 13, and I doubt they'd consider replacing the ending before that.
The mood is upbeat and energetic through the common trunk, so a slow, emotional song would actually clash with the intended atmosphere. LB isn't like Clannad, which was tinged with an underlying melancholy from the start.

There's no perfect fit without changing the ED in the middle of the character routes. However, Alicemagic would probably be the best choice for the early episodes.

Quote:
Can someone run down the challenges of making a Little Busters anime again?
Without spoiling too much, the challenge is in dealing with a long story designed around repetition. VN readers can skip previously read text; however, a perfectly faithful representation would mean hours of reused content.

Now a more cynical take on adapting LB would be the mixed reception of the character routes (and to a lesser extent, the trunk). Some feel that they're weak and that the VN doesn't get good until the second half.
Old 2012-04-10, 13:35   Link #766
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I wrote this post in large part so I'd have something to easily link to next time it comes up. Hiding it for people who've already had enough (which I think includes me at this point ). I hope we can finally break out of this endless loop.

TL;DR…
On J.C. Staff and being faithful to the source; hopefully the final chapter
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-04-10, 14:08   Link #767
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
snip
I would just like to say that your posts have been doing a good job keeping my sanity intact and maintaining my optimism ever since I heard the news about J.C. Staff.

Thank you, relentlessflame.
Old 2012-04-10, 14:20   Link #768
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I would just like to say that your posts have been doing a good job keeping my sanity intact and maintaining my optimism ever since I heard the news about J.C. Staff.

Thank you, relentlessflame.
lol - well, no matter what happens, I'm sure some people will be disappointed and say "I told you so" for one reason or another. The dream of "what could have been" is going to be even stronger than the reality of what would probably have happened. But, regardless, I think it should still be an entertaining show. I think people need to keep an open mind. And if it doesn't turn out to be an unquestioned masterpiece that can stand through the ages as the pinnacle of Japanese-animated storytelling... well, maybe we can at least have some fun, and there's still the game.

I guess I'm just a naturally-optimistic person.
Old 2012-04-10, 14:23   Link #769
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Pfft Hahahaha

Oh man I'm laughing because of memories flooding and it's 2008 all over again and I'm sitting in the desk already anticipating the incoming scene and that bgm plays and oh god my ribs my ribs are gonna break and i replay through the others a grin on my face already set because i know whats coming its that bgm again well except for maybe rin and it will go shalalala and oh gosh i gotta stop lauhgh i lsing snse
Old 2012-04-10, 14:23   Link #770
flack

Hmm I wonder how their going to do the voice acting for Riki. Hopefully, Riki and Rin won't have the same voice actor like the VN.

Last edited by flack; 2012-04-10 at 14:52.
Old 2012-04-10, 14:45   Link #771
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
lol - well, no matter what happens, I'm sure some people will be disappointed and say "I told you so" for one reason or another. The dream of "what could have been" is going to be even stronger than the reality of what would probably have happened. But, regardless, I think it should still be an entertaining show. I think people need to keep an open mind. And if it doesn't turn out to be an unquestioned masterpiece that can stand through the ages as the pinnacle of Japanese-animated storytelling... well, maybe we can at least have some fun, and there's still the game.

I guess I'm just a naturally-optimistic person.
It really depends on what you want. In general, I want utility:time spent gained to be 1:1 or better. Fortunately, I'm the type that extracts utility from a show at strange places-- AnoHana gave me a lot of laughs where it might not have been intended but I loved it as such anyways. Can I do it for this? It's not out of the question.

I'm the type that doesn't start at 100 with a clipboard and starts docking points for perceived flaws. I'd rather start at 0 and see if I have a positive balance. Thus, a series could potentially be derided as "Crap" by certain "objective" criteria (Quality of adaptation, script, visuals) but as long as it has certain hooks that work, it might as not well matter. The most important thing to me is if a show can answer the question "Why should you watch me?" clearly.

But like I've said, when there is something people hold dear to themselves, "acceptable" is just not good enough. Is it fair? Well, nothing in this world is, unfortunately. And I can't expect people to have the same expectations as me, when we've had different experiences.

BTW, "being able to keep an open mind" reminds me of what they just asked me at Jury Duty. Most difficult question to be honest with, I'd say.

To summarize, when LB was announced I had this thought:
If Kyoani animated I'd have this:
With Jc staff I have this:
It will probably end up like this for a while:
Hopefully it won't be this: << that is a bit too early to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Nobody cares about your opinion Archon cause x number of people feel the opposite.
Lies. My mommy told me I was special, and if people disagree they were bad people! :3

Quote:
I wonder though if Key giving J.C Staff and Warner their official blessing for the project will appease fans:

Spoiler for hint:

Also I'll just say that while I normally don't care much for Key at all this is like the one time I'm legitimately glad a Key anime is being made and cannot wait for it to air.
Haha, it reminds me of some badly dubbed movie where a ninja (wearing a cap that SAID Ninja) said "trust in me". It's kinda hard to buy such a scripted notice, especially when it sounds like how my city tries to spin more fees in a positive light. But at least they know what they're getting into so it's not like they are oblivious. Which may or may not take guts to admit.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-04-10, 15:46   Link #772
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Can't go into too much detail since that would be spoilers. But basically, Refrain ties in all the individual routes together, which would require all the routes to be animated in full and somehow separate from each other. It'd be really difficult for the anime to make sense if all the routes were jumbled together into one story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Without spoiling too much, the challenge is in dealing with a long story designed around repetition. VN readers can skip previously read text; however, a perfectly faithful representation would mean hours of reused content.

Now a more cynical take on adapting LB would be the mixed reception of the character routes (and to a lesser extent, the trunk). Some feel that they're weak and that the VN doesn't get good until the second half.
Hmm, but from the way you guys present the problem, it doesn't sound that difficult to deal with. Couldn't they just set the anime up in a 2-cour omnibus format similar to Amagami SS (4 episodes for each of the 6 routes) or Yosuga no Sora (branching routes from events covered in previous episodes) and then a second season for Refrain? All they'd need is a hook for the time loop, which would make a lot of sense with the Yosuga method.
Old 2012-04-10, 16:22   Link #773
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

All the routes branch from pretty much the same point though.
And the problem is more that the common routes is the same but a little different everytime for plot reasons.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-10 at 16:34. Reason: removed spoiler hint
Old 2012-04-10, 21:43   Link #774
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Sasami and Riki to have different voices http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-busters-anime Riki makes sense but not sure about Sasami >.>
Old 2012-04-10, 21:48   Link #775
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's what they said about the Toei Kanon anime. Just keep your expectations low.
This is becoming my general outlook towards anime in general these days. Keep your expectations low and you'll be surprised more often than not.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2012-04-10, 22:46   Link #776
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Sasami and Riki to have different voices http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-busters-anime Riki makes sense but not sure about Sasami >.>
Based on what they said, the same voice actress was doing all three of the voices in the original game, so I can sort of see how it might be easier/better in an anime for each character to have their own voice. Then again, of course, we have to hear it.

The other thing the article mentioned was that the anime would, as expected, be using the original music from the game (in addition to the OP/ED as we already knew). So it sounds like that aspect too will follow the pattern of the recent adaptations.
Old 2012-04-10, 22:51   Link #777
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Wow. Haven't seen a forum explode like this since Guilty Crown. Hope the new voices for Riki and Sasami are good.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-04-10, 22:54   Link #778
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Wow. Haven't seen a forum explode like this since Guilty Crown. Hope the new voices for Riki and Sasami are good.
Don't think it's comparable. Guilty Crown exploded once it started airing - then all the hate started to come by the truckloads. THIS has exploded before the damn thing started airing. Heck we don't even know when it's gonna air
Old 2012-04-11, 00:24   Link #779
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
The first time I got to the LB credits and saw Tomoe Tamiya listed in 3 seperate roles, my face went , so I suppose this is just bringing things back to normal. I doubt anyone can handle voicing two main roles plus one semi/major role anyway, though I personally might miss Sasami's voice.
Old 2012-04-11, 02:50   Link #780
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Song for friends would be a good choice for an ED but would feel a little too emotionally charged to be appropriate except for when an arc gets serious. By the same token it would be awful to hear Alicemagic after some of the more tragic scenes. I absolutely dreaded Torch. Playing Torch after those scenes was bloody murder.

If I had a choice though, it would definitely be 雨のち晴れ. I'd much rather save Song for Friends for only the scenes that the instrumental plays during the VN for the most emotional impact. Also Amenochi is the most in the middle on the emotional spectrum of the three. Besides the angsty middle-latter parts of the arcs, it would be appropriate for the common route and the lighter parts as well as the finale of each arc. Seems sort of like a no brainer to me?

Well I'm sure Alicemagic won't be the only ED they use. Maybe this reveals what character arcs they plan to tackle first? Komari > Haruka ?
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters