AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-16, 15:36   Link #3981
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Not really a very pratical option, no ? You should be able to carry it around... without being looked as a weirdo.
>o<

We need Link's supernatural abilities. Beside his shield and sword he can hide everything on him, even his giant hammer
Old 2009-09-16, 15:39   Link #3982
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Why not something as simple as a ''Tazer'' while we are at it ?
Old 2009-09-16, 19:21   Link #3983
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Since no one posted this yet even though they're post of this in the Laugh A Day Thread ..
Kanye West interrupts Taylor Swift's VMAs moment

Quote:
Leave it to Kanye West to produce one of the most infamous moments in VMAs history before the 2009 show was even an hour old. It happened after Taylor Swift’s victory in the Best Female Video category for “You Belong With Me,” which beat out Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It).” Just moments after Swift accepted the Moonman and began her acceptance speech, West stormed the stage, taking the microphone from Swift to announce Beyoncé deserved the award

“Thank you so much!” Swift began. “I always dreamed about what it would be like to maybe win one of these some day, but I never actually thought it would have happened. I sing country music so thank you so much for giving me a chance to win a VMA award.”

Before she could continue, West broke in. “Yo Taylor, I’m really happy for you, I’ll let you finish, but Beyoncé has one of the best videos of all time. One of the best videos of all time!” Kanye shouted to a mortified Swift and the speechless audience. And as quickly as he ran onstage — MTV cut away to show Pink applauding Taylor, and when they flashed back to Swift, West already had the mic in his hand — he was off, leaving a shocked Swift in his wake.

Everyone at the Radio City Music Hall looked stunned, as the cameras captured an astonished and horrified Beyoncé still in her seat. Soon after, the audience gave a standing ovation in support of Swift. To add insult to injury, after Kanye handed the microphone back to Swift, her time was up, and MTV cut to a video featuring Tracy Morgan and Eminem. Minutes after the incident went down, MTV Chairman and CEO Judy McGrath was feverishly typing into her phone when Diddy came up for a chat. Topic of conversation? What else but West. “Like Diddy just said, ‘It’s rock & roll,’ ” McGrath commented to RS. “And the applause for [Taylor] will be louder.”

And I didn't think Celebrities were this stupid.

Last edited by Chaho-Chi; 2009-09-16 at 21:03.
Old 2009-09-16, 19:50   Link #3984
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

See the last two pages of the Laugh a Day thread. This is the newest internet meme.
Old 2009-09-16, 21:02   Link #3985
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
See the last two pages of the Laugh a Day thread. This is the newest internet meme.
._.'' I should edit my post.

Old 2009-09-16, 23:18   Link #3986
LynnieS

NY MTA board okays US$350,000 salary and "golden parachute" for incoming chairman
Quote:
The MTA board Wednesday approved a $350,000 annual salary with a golden parachute for Chairman Jay Walder over symbolic opposition from Mayor Bloomberg.
This is more local to NYC (and surrounding areas) news than global, but... Wasn't the MTA in financial trouble not too long ago? Also, New York City, given the recent and on-going economic problems, was having problems as well, so is giving this pay package worth it? I guess the residents served by the MTA will have to find out themselves if Jay Walder is really a top-notch transportation expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
You could use this:

Spoiler for .:

on said male =D
Right... Note to self: Do not get too close to Narona if at all possible.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2009-09-16, 23:24   Link #3987
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
I guess that extra money was from the fare-hike they had back in June.

$2.00 went up to $2.25...it could've been much worse with a more drastic hike AND drastic service cuts.

Twitter
Old 2009-09-17, 03:50   Link #3988
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Not really a very pratical option, no ? You should be able to carry it around... without being looked as a weirdo.
A little bit more than a thought-terminating cliché/killer argument indeed (in any argument anyway) Makes you not just look weirdo but also totalitarian.
Old 2009-09-17, 07:02   Link #3989
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-smepai
Since no one posted this yet even though they're post of this in the Laugh A Day Thread ..
Kanye West interrupts Taylor Swift's VMAs moment

And I didn't think Celebrities were this stupid.
I understand why there are those weird pictures in the "laugh a day" thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Right... Note to self: Do not get too close to Narona if at all possible.
That's not because Jazzrat wrote that about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
All these talks about justice and baseball bat makes me think of you as this girl..
Spoiler for you really want to see ?:
that I am not a sweet and harmless ( *hides the baseball bat* ) maiden *whistles*
Old 2009-09-17, 07:21   Link #3990
killer3000ad

Norman Borlaugh, father of Green Revolution dies at age 95.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-09-16-voa63.cfm

RIP
Old 2009-09-17, 07:35   Link #3991
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
You could use this:

Spoiler for .:

on said male =D
I had seen someone who was hit by something this. He got it stuck in his arm for half an hour until the ambulance arrive. I bet that I have seen more blood flowing from that guy than the surgeon who stitched him back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
All these talks about justice and baseball bat makes me think of you as this girl..
Spoiler for you really want to see ?:
That is a cute loli.......what is she going to do with the bat?

*Goes into MugiVision mode*

Come to think of it, does female gropers exist over there? I am sure that those kind are not just perverted old men.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-09-17, 14:40   Link #3992
Shadow Kira01

New gov't not opposed to U.S.-N. Korea bilateral talks: Okada

Quote:
Japan's new government is not opposed to the United States' idea of engaging directly with North Korea in a bid to resume the stalled six-party nuclear talks, Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada said Thursday, adding that there is a need to cooperate closely with Washington over the issue.
Generally, it appears that if the United States can achieved a positive development to the issue of North Korea through bilateral talks, it is perfectly fine to do so. Okada's stance will no doubt lead to a speedy improvement of the North Korea nuclear threat issue. However, I don't think it will lead to resuming six-party talks as North Korea is strongly against the idea, not to mention that there had already been over a hundred failed negotiations during six-party talks implying that it is obviously an useless process. US-NK bilateral negotiations may prove to be more successful.
Old 2009-09-17, 17:15   Link #3993
mg1942

Old 2009-09-17, 18:12   Link #3994
Shadow Kira01

Japanese actress freed on bail, faces drug charge

Quote:
Sakai was initially seen as a distraught wife who went missing after her husband's arrest on drug charges, but later became a suspect herself. Her husband faces similar charges and will be tried separately.

"Because of my weakness, I failed to resist the temptation to use drugs that I should never have touched as a citizen, and ended up causing trouble and disappointment to many of you who have long supported me," Sakai said later at a news conference at a Tokyo hotel. "I regret what I did, and I will never make the same mistake again. I promise."
It seems that the usage of harmful substances is very common in various fields of careers, especially during the a period of economic turmoil.

Speaking of which, there had been a total of 1647 deaths this year over the Mexican cartel issue over US-Mexican borders. It got so serious that the town mayor had to deploy 75000 soldiers to stop the gunfight conflicts which also involved numerous members of the authorities due to corruption. Nonetheless, when one cartel vanishes, another rises. This sort of occurrence has become as common as daily rocket launching over in the Gaza regions.
Old 2009-09-17, 18:32   Link #3995
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Is Paice one of these patent troll companies that feed off of actual productive companies?

(a few minutes of research later)
Yes, it is. There's a number of these types of bottom feeders in various industy sectors. They don't actually make ANYTHING. They just acquire patents (often suspect themselves) and then go extort money out of companies who actually make products. They don't have or intend to have any actual product, their business model is purely patent trolling.

Disgusting... you see this type of crap often in the computing industries. At some point, you won't be able to do *anything* with the minefield of patent sharks stifling all innovation.
Old 2009-09-17, 19:55   Link #3996
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Is Paice one of these patent troll companies that feed off of actual productive companies?

(a few minutes of research later)
Yes, it is. There's a number of these types of bottom feeders in various industy sectors. They don't actually make ANYTHING. They just acquire patents (often suspect themselves) and then go extort money out of companies who actually make products. They don't have or intend to have any actual product, their business model is purely patent trolling.

Disgusting... you see this type of crap often in the computing industries. At some point, you won't be able to do *anything* with the minefield of patent sharks stifling all innovation.
That was my first thought there too. There needs to be some reform of patent laws to prevent this sort of legalized extortion. Not that I expect the government to clamp down on a practice like that, given other financial practices that are legal.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:09   Link #3997
mg1942

Paice may be running a legalized extortion company, but $98 per prius royalties seems low in my opinion
Old 2009-09-17, 23:27   Link #3998
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Paice may be running a legalized extortion company, but $98 per prius royalties seems low in my opinion
Take the number of manufacturers "churning out licensed products" and multiply by the royalties. It should be enough to build you a house using lego bricks.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:33   Link #3999
Shadow Kira01

Yemeni Air Raid Reported to Kill 87 Civilians

Quote:
Witnesses in Yemen say Wednesday's army air raid on a camp for displaced people is believed to have killed some 87 civilians.

News reports quoted camp residents accusing the military of gunning down civilians who were sleeping under trees and in makeshift tents in the camp in the northern area Adi.

The region is close to the front lines of intensifying fighting between government forces and Shiite rebels.
Perhaps, the government of Yemen will most likely get away with the civilian massacre under the banner of mistaken location or that there were actually rebels/terrorists hiding in the area during the air raid. Obviously, once people are killed by air raid, it is difficult to tell the differences between a rebel and an ordinary civilian in the blood-stained area.

South Korea holding Uighur activist at airport

Quote:
The Dutch-based Underrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization issued a statement Wednesday urging South Korea to release Isa immediately.

Isa's detention "threatened the image of South Korea as a lodestar for democracy" in Asia, UNPO General Secretary Marino Busdachin said.

The statement urged South Korea to reject what it called "completely ... fabricated accusations leveled against him by Chinese authorities" and not to extradite him to China where it said he would be certain to face summary execution.
It seems that Korea is already getting ready to have an united East Asian Community. However, making this move will no doubt anger various organizations tied with human rights, as well as the entire Islamic community, if not most Muslims will not be happy to see a fellow religious believer losing his head for visiting Korea with good intentions. However, it will no doubt boost trilateral relations as that China will be extra cooperative in future negotiations of all sorts.

Nine die as Typhoon Koppu hits China

Quote:
Nine people died and nine others were missing after Typhoon Koppu slammed into south China, causing torrential rain, mudslides and an oil spill, the government and state media said Thursday.
This is quite unfortunate as that natural disasters cannot be prevented. May the souls of those who died rest in peace while those who are missing be found soon.

4 convicted in 2nd trial in China needle attacks

Quote:
Hundreds of attacks have been reported, although authorities say only a few dozen people have shown definite signs of having actually been jabbed with hypodermic needles. Instruments used in attacks have reportedly also included safety pins and even tooth picks, and no serious injuries have been reported.
Bizarre needle stabbing is obviously not terrorism and thus, the United States' global anti-terrorism campaign should not apply to the Muslims living in Xinjiang.

ANALYSIS-Booming China-India ties strained by border tension

Quote:
Anger over troop deployments, reports of border incursions, and a high-pitched media debate have reignited strains between China and India over long-festering border disputes in the Himalayas.
It appears that China is supporting Pakistan, rival of India both with finance and military aid while India is protecting and also providing shelter to Tibetans. And thus, there is no doubt why conflicts occur on a daily basis. China cannot abandon Pakistan for a variety of reasons while India obviously cannot abandon the Tibetans as that would be a wrong thing to do.

Argentina's Lower House Approves Restrictive Media Bill

Quote:
Argentina's lower house of Congress has approved a controversial media reform bill being pushed by President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.

Critics accuse the president of supporting the bill in order to increase her control over the media. The measure would place further limits on the number of broadcast licenses that one organization can have.
It seems that the government of Argentina plans on starting some state-controlled media in the future at this rate. This also means that lots of people are going to get arrested if they write or say things the government of Argentina does not approve. Then again, Argentina isn't going to be the first or the last nation to have such a bill.
Old 2009-09-18, 07:06   Link #4000
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The Obama administration changed cap about the anti-missile project, going now foward system agains short/mediun range misslie insted of the long range one.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international