AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-17, 15:51   Link #41
Spooky-Electric

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

WTF this anime pissed me off more than any anime I've ever seen before. I don't know how people can like this series so much when it plays tennis with your emotions.

I could never watch this thing again.

I don't know if I "hate it" but it's so emotionally draining and I felt so angry many times watching it.
Old 2004-04-17, 16:22   Link #42
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
It's personal preference. Some people like to have their emotions played--in a make-believe TV Show that mirrors reality--It's cathartic for the many who like this show, including me. After all, it(the animated experience) is better than having yourself played in life--which may or may have happened, or will happen, to any given person. Having this show provides a catharsis for those who have been played and can relate to one point of the plot or a few; and for those who haven't, this show and those dicussions we engaged in on the KimiGa~ forum may invariably allow them to deal with "life" better.

There's good in this show, despite the emotional roller-coasters
Old 2004-04-17, 18:20   Link #43
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

One anime I don't really like (I'm not going to use the word 'hate' here) is Kenshin, which everybody seems to put into their top twenty list. I haven't even watched most of the 2nd part (where the story diverges from the manga), but for some reason I still couldn't help but be bored of it. I mean, a lot of the characters were definitely cool, some of the fights were cool, and the background for the story is also cool. I loved the Memories OVA. But for some reason I just didn't like the TV series. It's even weirder when you take into account that I've watched Inuyasha, Naruto, One Piece, and other similar long action series without TOO much of a problem (not saying that I love those series, but at least I don't dislike them).

Another one a lot of people seem to like that I disliked quite a bit (more intensely than Kenshin) is Onegai Twins. I watched Onegai Teacher and (despite its flaws) thought it was pretty good. I just couldn't stand Twins though. I mean...the slightly incestual theme, plus the occasionally cameo made by Onegai Teacher characters, that stuff just really didn't sit well with me. And besides, I didn't care whether they were related or not. I just kept thinking, "Big deal! Get on with your lives!"

Other than these two series, the anime I hate is hated on enough by others, so I won't even get into those
Old 2004-04-17, 19:24   Link #44
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Some I can think of right now:

Of course DBZ & SM
Love Hina
NGE
and the recent Midori no Hibi.

Grifis
Old 2004-04-17, 19:26   Link #45
Anime Master
Flame Demon

Ok every one might gutt me for this but here it goes. I really really hatel of the hate all the street fighter stuff because in my opinion its boreing. For instance Ryu hadoken takes like 3 hours (slite exaderation) to charge up! come on my attion span is closer to five seconds!
Old 2004-04-17, 19:51   Link #46
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru27Umi
I must have to agree with just about everyone else... yes Dragonball Z sucks ass. I'm very sorry if you like this show, but seriously watching the world blow up in "5 minutes" in about 10 episodes... come on people!

I'd also have to say:
Yugo Negotiator (i only saw one, but geez it's boring!)
Area 88 (not interested in planes... )
Kikaider (... i just can't say anything but WTF mate? )
Lain
Tokyo Mew Mew (just no... )

well that's my two cents

~~~>Kaoru
Old 2004-04-17, 19:57   Link #47
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
1. Naruto
2. Pita Ten
3. That new loli anime aishit something
4. Onegai Twin
5. Fumoffu
6. Aoi Yori Aoshi
Old 2004-04-17, 20:23   Link #48
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
3. That new loli anime aishit something
i
It's Ai shiteruze Baby. And it is not Loli by any means. Since you made the above statement, I have to ask you, "have you actually seen it?"

I cannot fathom a person sick enough to derive a Loli-con(complex) on this show--then again we live in a sick world

Still, this show was not made with the lolicons in mind. This show is based on a comic serial that runs(or ran) in the Japanese comics magazine "Ribbon," which caters to the young female audience, if I'm not mistaken.

This show is an endearing tale of an abandoned 5 year-old girl and her unlikely caretaker--a highschool student(male). Before you go off on that, the highschool student has displayed zero sexual interest in said 5 year-old.

If this show is, as you say, a "loli," then every movie starring Dakota Fanning is a loli-con flick. I find that notion incredibly disturbing.
Old 2004-04-17, 21:03   Link #49
uzumaki

Ahem... uh the name of this thread is not 'what you hate' thread but "Anime you hate but everyone seems to like? "... if everyone hates dbz, then you cant put it here...cmon ppl use your brains. (sheesh)
Old 2004-04-17, 21:59   Link #50
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Thread on anime trivia you like or hate no#2000
Old 2004-04-17, 23:14   Link #51
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

I agreed with the people that disliked Gundam Wing. The CN censorship was horrible.
Then I read the Gundam Wing: Episode Zero "manga." It makes you appreciate the series a lot more...
I am very hesitant to watch Narutaru after watching the opening. Can anyone offer me some support?
Old 2004-04-17, 23:21   Link #52
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
I agreed with the people that disliked Gundam Wing. The CN censorship was horrible.
Then I read the Gundam Wing: Episode Zero "manga." It makes you appreciate the series a lot more...
I am very hesitant to watch Narutaru after watching the opening. Can anyone offer me some support?
All I can say is... the opening sequence of Narutaru amounts to blatant false advertisement. See it, and all the while keep in mind this: "the show itself is almost the exact opposite of its OP sequence."

It'll be... an experience.
Old 2004-04-17, 23:33   Link #53
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
Ahem... uh the name of this thread is not 'what you hate' thread but "Anime you hate but everyone seems to like? "... if everyone hates dbz, then you cant put it here...cmon ppl use your brains. (sheesh)
just becoz all the dragonballz haters are gathered here, it doesn't mean dragonballz isn't popular! and in fact, i think it's a very popular series, everyone does go on about it...hmm...hehehe funny how much influence an anime has in our lives
Old 2004-04-17, 23:39   Link #54
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

I actually quite like dragonballz...but once it got to GT i'm like, is this ever going to finish? Anyways, here are a few anime everyone seems to adore but i just can't stand:

1) Any Gundam series (sooooo boring, maybe i'm just not a robot-y person... but i love FMP...hmmmm)
2) Evangelion ( never got me interested, even though my friends tried to brainwash into thinking it's good....i simply just can't)
3) Tenchi Muyo (never liked that one much either, it's quite popular, isn't it?)

can't think of any other ones right now...but those three....*shiver* sorry to all those who like it...i tried likeing them, i honestly did...but it just didn't work
Old 2004-04-17, 23:42   Link #55
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari_kiss
just becoz all the dragonballz haters are gathered here, it doesn't mean dragonballz isn't popular! and in fact, i think it's a very popular series, everyone does go on about it...hmm...hehehe funny how much influence an anime has in our lives
Because of it's immense popularity, this anime was continued. The creator actually wanted to stop at Cell.
I do not like DBZ. However, I will give it credit along with Pokemon as being mainly responsible for the spread of anime in America.
Old 2004-04-18, 00:49   Link #56
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

The only one I can think of would be NGE, although "hate" is such a harsh word I prefer dislike.
Old 2004-04-18, 01:25   Link #57
tektonik
I can see that speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
Gundam Wing was one of the primary offenders for a very long time. This show was just far more popular than it ever deserved to be. The characters were flat, many were forgettable. They didn't stand for anything, often just moving to advance the action without any real storytelling significance. The main characters and their mecha were all far overpowered, only ever coming into some sort of dire situation through blatant plot devices and horrible writing. The overall plot was painful to comrehend, there was nothing deep or insightful about it, yet the show tried to spin it off in just that light. It was simply garbage designed to cause conflict, without there really being a reason. None of the villains ideas held any merit, and the show did not even attempt to justify why these characters thought as they did in anything remotely resembling a believable manner. None of this was a problem of americanization either, as the fansubs were just as wretched.

I tend to disagree, My main draw to it was the philosophy of war that was a common theme in that anime.

I don't like one piece. I just don't. Doesn't keep my attention. Then again. I used to hate Naruto then 2 months later I watch it again and now have all the episodes and manga.
Old 2004-04-18, 01:45   Link #58
emessen

i hate scryed with a passion...

but i hear nothing but good reviews from people...

i cant believe i sat thru all of the episodes... i hate kazuma and the other guy... it was just
so... boring...
Old 2004-04-18, 11:02   Link #59
kujoe
from head to heel

Hmmm. Interesting thread. In that case, I would have to say the anime series of Fushigi Yuugi. (I haven't read the manga, nor am I even planning to in the future.)

And no, it's not because of the series having a cast which are primarily men. In fact, I actually thought the story had a lot of potential from the very beginning. The problem for me is that the story just needlessly prolongs itself that it became stale and boring over time.

I also hated the idea that the heroine depends too much on her guardians for protection, despite it being quite logical with respect to her situation. Let's just say I prefer "stronger" female characters--at least with regard to personality. Moreover, I found Miaka simply annoying. I was actually cheering Yui on--who, for me, seemed to be more flawed in a more profound way--and I actually sympathized more with the likes of Nakago more than with Tamahome, despite the latter having lost his entire family on a single day. Overall, the execution of the series was not as holistically sound as I hoped it to be. It was too forced and was driven by too much sentimentality.

One thing I also hate is related to the fact of having Miaka and Yui being transported to another world. This idea initially presents themes of wonder, perspective and scale, that would have been naturally drawn by any person who finds himself/herself in such a situation. These alone would have provided a base for colorful character interaction among different characters with different ways of thinking. Instead, the author chose to focus more on the romantic escapades (which at times seemed naive, and which were really no different than your typical high school love story) that the heroine can't resist getting herself involved in.

In the end, I felt Fushigi Yuugi had a lot of potential, but it just wasn't able to deliver. The element of fantasy ended up being a backdrop most of the time. I know this series is classified under a specific genre, and that the author's intention was obviously different than what I had expected, but still...

Just a difference in personal preferences I guess. No wonder I prefer Juuni Kokki.
Old 2004-04-18, 16:08   Link #60
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

I have to say Naruto. I'm not fond of shounen anime, even though I can enjoy most of them. But the crowd of Naruto fanboys just made me sick of this show. They are like "when is next ep is out????" and "Oh, another chapter is out, I have to get it in the next 30 seconds or a terrible curse will fall upon me!".

The worst is probably "naruto is the best anime ever!!!". I agree with the fact that everyone can have his own tastes, but... it probably reminds me of the "DBZ is the best!", like you love it because you know very few show beside this one.
Closed Thread